It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Holding back the years  (Read 16559 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Holding back the years
« on: January 08, 2019, 04:28:36 AM »
So lets face it most of us on this venture are probably on the older side of the age spectrum. Many a time we get posters on her say I'm 40, 50, 60 but look ten years younger, eh yeah right, lol. There can be some guys that look a few years younger or are a little difficult to place but I don't really believe that any guys really look 10 years younger naturally.

The reason I bring this up is I kind of wonder if limited slight cosmetic enhancements should be worth a thought. When you consider that most men on this venture probably shoot for a girl anywhere between 5-15 years or occassionally more in this venture. Does a young girl say in her mid twenties really want to get it on with a guy in his early forties? or will she be tempted by younger guys once in the west? I mean lets face it getting off with a guy a lot older than her in a lot of cases is probably not going to be a joy to behold.

Myself I'm not too bad for a guy that is 40 odd, but I notice the odd few signs of ageing are present. I tweezer out the odd few white hairs on my otherwise nice full head of brown hair. My facial skin is not too bad but its obviously not as smooth as it use to be, there are signs of wrinkles around the eyes beyond the natural and small wrinkles at the top corners of my cheeks. My brow is not too bad but not quite as smooth/full as it used to be.

Now I know women can take a guy that looks a little rugged but I also wonder if a guy who is looking a bit old and tired, even a little may be seen as a target/unrealistic or umpleasant a prospect for a FSW regardless of the size of his wad. Hence the thought that maybe some minimal remedial intervention is not a bad idea to put things on a better footing with a potential FSW. Thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Holding back the years
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:39:07 AM »
If you want to score 1 night tinder dates, then yes, pour as much money as you can to look great and a gym membership with personal trainer.

The most powerful aphrodisiacs are fame, power, and money, mostly in that order.  And charisma is mostly based on strength of character.  Looks help, but an airhead is interesting only for so long.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 05:43:26 AM »
Trench, when I was mid-forties I was was constantly told I looked 10 years younger - and didn't post that in profiles - it was easy to observe ;)

I didn't see a grey hair 'til my mid-fifties...

When I was a teenager, I was waiting 'to be a man' and need to shave / have underarm hair .....  the up-side of this came much later in life!!  :D

Now, I have too much hair in places where I fail to understand it is required ( like my nose / ears) and knowing a good Turkish barber ( they had one in your home town - Maidstone [?] )  is  essential  :ROFL:

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:27:27 AM »
Trench think less do more... laugh a lot... spank their bums and pull their hair.  Now get off that computer and go do..thought your absence from this forum meant you were were off doing.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:41:32 AM »
Trench, when I was mid-forties I was was constantly told I looked 10 years younger - and didn't post that in profiles - it was easy to observe ;)

I didn't see a grey hair 'til my mid-fifties...

When I was a teenager, I was waiting 'to be a man' and need to shave / have underarm hair .....  the up-side of this came much later in life!!  :D

Now, I have too much hair in places where I fail to understand it is required ( like my nose / ears) and knowing a good Turkish barber ( they had one in your home town - Maidstone [?] )  is  essential  :ROFL:

I was born in Maidstone but moved at a young age to the Bournemouth area.

Well I get told by some that I look ten years younger also, here & there occasionally. The girl who helped me out on the train  in the summer thought that. I don't really believe them though I just think many people say it to be kind - I mean unless it's obviously not so if the guy is really greying bad. I personally don't believe many if any people really get into the category that they are actually do genuinely look young in all aspects and overall convincingly.

They tend to say people in their forties tends to start to show their age proper as the calogen in the he skin starts to break down. For some it's quicker than others. I guess I'm about moderate but I'm just in my early forties at the moment. Even though I'm not real bad I feel I would just be deluding myself if I thought I was not showing some obvious signs if my age.

That said I don't feel I would like to try and look like I was in my twenties or even late teens. That I feel would be getting real embarrassing and awkward in itself. Just taking the edge of is what I'm really talking about here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:45:23 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »
Trench think less do more... laugh a lot... spank their bums and pull their hair.  Now get off that computer and go do..thought your absence from this forum meant you were were off doing.

You're right I was off doing some stuff. Not quite really to get going on this again but will be in the next month or so. I really want to be in the best possible position on all this though. Your suggestions are good :) but I'm talking more about the wat they perceive you visually. I don't think FSW are looking for a WM their age that much on International dating sites. I think they want a guy that's a little senior to them but I wonder to stand realistic long term chances with them if it's better to avoid looking a bit too senior of you know what I mean.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
My god all that Bournemouth beach action and you want to go to Russia .  Get a cute pet dog and throw a few balls for it on the beach.  You 're sure to pull In a day.  Just don't get a Dutch shepherd like mine that knocks them flat get a little jack Russel.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 09:58:33 AM »
Well I had a 19 year age gap relationship for 3 years .  Recently turned down a girl who was coming on strong who was 1 year older than my son that was too weird for me.  My present gf sugar daddy is 25 years older than her at 38.  Some where in the last decade age became irrelevant

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 10:10:08 AM »
My god all that Bournemouth beach action and you want to go to Russia .  Get a cute pet dog and throw a few balls for it on the beach.  You 're sure to pull In a day.  Just don't get a Dutch shepherd like mine that knocks them flat get a little jack Russel.

It's Winter! Besides like I've said before the girls in general are ice cold around here. Generally local girls here are not good to get with, many will be off with some other guys after a few weeks and they can be difficult and have poor attitudes towards guys. The FSW I have seen have all been far superior even with the issues involved.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 10:11:42 AM »
Well I had a 19 year age gap relationship for 3 years .  Recently turned down a girl who was coming on strong who was 1 year older than my son that was too weird for me.  My present gf sugar daddy is 25 years older than her at 38.  Some where in the last decade age became irrelevant

LOL.  Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

My kids are late teens/early twenties.  To them, 30 is practically dead.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 10:18:50 AM »

I personally think you've got the jump on him because of his age James. If you committed to the girl by way of engagement that other older guy would most likely be history.

I think it also counts on what else you've got going for you. You're still a pretty wealthy guy by FSU standards James. I'm not saying the girl in the 3yr was with you for your wealth but that it made you a viable candidate compared with someone younger. A lot of young guys out there are put of the running due to being alcoholics,  drug problems, unemployment, poverty, mental health, undesirable, etc.

Some guys do make it work with a younger girl for a long time but they usually excel in desirable qualities that women want. Like you say some real big age gaps can be too weird I think.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:47:52 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
So lets face it most of us on this venture are probably on the older side of the age spectrum. Many a time we get posters on her say I'm 40, 50, 60 but look ten years younger, eh yeah right, lol. There can be some guys that look a few years younger or are a little difficult to place but I don't really believe that any guys really look 10 years younger naturally.

The reason I bring this up is I kind of wonder if limited slight cosmetic enhancements should be worth a thought. When you consider that most men on this venture probably shoot for a girl anywhere between 5-15 years or occassionally more in this venture. Does a young girl say in her mid twenties really want to get it on with a guy in his early forties? or will she be tempted by younger guys once in the west? I mean lets face it getting off with a guy a lot older than her in a lot of cases is probably not going to be a joy to behold.

Myself I'm not too bad for a guy that is 40 odd, but I notice the odd few signs of ageing are present. I tweezer out the odd few white hairs on my otherwise nice full head of brown hair. My facial skin is not too bad but its obviously not as smooth as it use to be, there are signs of wrinkles around the eyes beyond the natural and small wrinkles at the top corners of my cheeks. My brow is not too bad but not quite as smooth/full as it used to be.

Now I know women can take a guy that looks a little rugged but I also wonder if a guy who is looking a bit old and tired, even a little may be seen as a target/unrealistic or umpleasant a prospect for a FSW regardless of the size of his wad. Hence the thought that maybe some minimal remedial intervention is not a bad idea to put things on a better footing with a potential FSW. Thoughts?

I know a man that married an FSU lady 20 years younger, but most couples I knew were in the 7-12 year age gap. I have to go with Krimster on this one, those other items he listed are just as if not more important to FSU ladies.

Sadly, having an American Passport is no longer the 'fame' it was 25 years ago. I was interviewed on TV, one couple WALKED 15 miles to a train station just because they heard Americans can be seen(Sverdlovsk was a 'closed' Russian Oblast prior) and I met with them for about 15 min

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 10:27:59 AM »
I think it's the same as UK dating if you could biologically be her father it's a no go so 14 years is about max gap

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
No way trench she's telling lies and playing us both .  That's not marriage material.  Trench you need to get a plenty more fish mind set .  When the right woman comes along wife up.  Red flags find another.

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 10:37:02 AM »
I personally think you'very got the jump on him because of his age James. If you committed to the girl by way of engagement that other older guy would most likely be history.
The girl has been  hedging her bets and practically two timing him. Is that the kind of girl you think is commitment worthy? Are you that desperate for a woman? Oh, yes, you are.
I think it also counts on what else you've got going for you. You're still a pretty wealthy guy by FSU standards James. I'm not saying the girl in the 3yr was with you for your wealth but that it made you a viable candidate compared with someone younger. A lot of young guys out there are put of the running due to being alcoholics,  drug problems, unemployment, poverty, mental health, undesirable, etc.

Some guys do make it work with a younger girl for a long time but they usually excel in desirable qualities that women want. Like you say some real big age gaps can be too weird I think.
Trench showing off his non existent knowledge of FSU socioeconomic issues.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 10:41:44 AM »
Not even socioeconomic issues.  Most young FSUM are not alcoholics/drug addicts/mentally unhealthy.  Some may be unemployed, but I knew young UM who were unemployed, yet always had women, often, women who were supporting them.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »
Having said that she's just gone off to the gym and in the UK people would be falling of running machines.  Awesome looks but deadly.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »
And you never wondered, why with that, no UM wants her?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:56 AM »
It's obvious she can control the arrival and departure of English guys.  A Ukranian would be un uncontrollable and does not supply a UK passport

Offline Boethius

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 10:56:12 AM »
Or a UM can see through her, and therefore, doesn't want her long term.

There are plenty of wealthy UM who can supply a great lifestyle, as good or better than the UK guy, with travel abroad.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 11:06:33 AM »
There are not enough wealthy Ukranian guys to go around and plenty of stupid British and USA  guys with money

Offline The Natural

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »

Sadly, having an American Passport is no longer the 'fame' it was 25 years ago. I was interviewed on TV, one couple WALKED 15 miles to a train station just because they heard Americans can be seen(Sverdlovsk was a 'closed' Russian Oblast prior) and I met with them for about 15 min

Kinda like a circus? Instead of elephants which is politically incorrect these days, go and see an American, hehe

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 11:17:55 AM »
There are not enough wealthy Ukranian guys to go around and plenty of stupid British and USA  guys with money

True enough.  But, my point was, that if she is as stunningly beautiful as you describe, some wealthy UM would have either married or sponsored her.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
Well she did tell me she dated one wealthy u m but he started stalking .  Now I know every story is not quite the truth so I don't think about it too much.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »

They tend to say people in their forties tends to start to show their age proper as the calogen in the he skin starts to break down. For some it's quicker than others. I guess I'm about moderate but I'm just in my early forties at the moment. Even though I'm not real bad I feel I would just be deluding myself if I thought I was not showing some obvious signs if my age.

This is true. I'd say there's a sharp decline from about after 45 years of age. Men in general reach their peak physical strenght level at 35-40 years of age. After that it's downhill, it's one of the sad facts of life.
Personally what I dislike the most is the loss of skin elasticity, it's even worse than male pattern baldness.

If anyone wants and can afford cosmetic surgery to fix something I say, go for it.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2226
Total: 2237

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM