It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 442902 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Don't let low numbers in your country deceive you.  Be prudent, especially if you are in the higher-risk category or you have contact with someone who is.

I'm glad you "get it" BC and know that you need to act accordingly to give yourself and your family the best chance to remain virus free. Stupid and ignorant people are more likely to die. It's our government's job to prevent panic since panic can do more damage than the virus. Even the media isn't stating how dangerous this virus is and their low mortality rates are based on what government organizations are telling them to report.

Italy has now updated their numbers and report 631 people have died to 724 recoveries. The sample pool in Italy is large enough to have merit and Italy is telling a different story of what China is telling pertaining to the ratio of dead to those who beat the virus.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:38:16 PM by AnonMod »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
yes, here in the USA we have barely done any testing only promises of testing real soon now...
once this starts, the numbers will explode
it implies there is a vastly larger pool of locally infected people
that is currently in the USA growing by about 20% per day

the question is, how much will this slow down, between now and the start of flu season?
and how fast this will grow in November and December
if this hits exponential then in a day it'll double to an amount that took months to obtain
then double again the next day
then again
then again

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Same in the UK, my mother was able to get hold of a few last rolls of toilet paper in the morning, I visited two large supermarkets in the afternoon and both were completely sold out of toilet paper. A lot of kitchen roll had gone too, I'm thinking a lot of idiots bought kitchen roll hoping to use it instead of toilet paper without realising that it will just block up your toilet real quickly. My mother unfortunately is all too keen to move to the post WWII solution of using cut up newspaper instead :(

Fortunately I have stocked up a big supply of toilet paper that should last for months, maybe even a year. Sorry to hear you were a bit behind the curve on this one Fathertime.
Hehe, glad to hear you are all stocked up, turns out if I need any TP billyb will sell for $100 a roll so I'm ok. 

I decided to take a few moments and go to a little supermarket called Aldi this morning with wife.   Believe it or not,  I found toilet paper. it was a 12 pack with a limit of 2 per person.  I bought only one. 
Interestingly, we needed little bottled waters for our son at school, there was a pallet left, the employee was wheeling toward the back of the supermarket warehouse, but let me take one.  Turns out she took that and another pallet of big bottles of water.  I asked where is that going? She said, The staff break room because they are almost  out.   That seemed like  lot of water for a staff breakroom.   Interesting.     

Overall the supermarket was fairly well stocked, aside from the water, the other shoppers didn't appear to be panic stricken.  Almost seemed like a normal day aside from the TP limitations and the water being carted away. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online krimster2

how many rednecks who voted for Trump, are gonna get laid off in the depression?
the answer my friend, is blowin in the wind, the answer is blowin in the wind

and how many rednecks who lose their jobs, are gonna lose their health insurance to?
the answer my friend, is blowin in the wind, the answer is blowin in the wind

and how many of those uninsured, will contract and die of covid-19?
the answer my friend, is... what? that many? are you freaking serious?

Peace Man
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:22:16 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

Another report showing that you can catch Coronavirus whilst on a plane:

http://uk.yahoo.com/news/british-couple-contract-virus-flight-180805218.html

Another piece of Trench scaremongering busted?..

BBC News - Coronavirus: What's the risk of flying or taking the train?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51736185

It's a common belief that you are more likely to become ill on an aeroplane, because you're breathing "stale" air.

In fact, the air on a plane may well be better quality than in the average office (and almost certainly better than a train or a bus).

There are more people per square foot on a busy plane, which can increase the risk, but the air is also being changed at a faster rate.

Professor Quingyan Chen at Purdue University, who studies air quality in different passenger vehicles, estimates that the air on a plane is completely replaced every 2-3 minutes, compared with every 10-12 minutes in an air-conditioned building.

The filter sucks in fresh air from outside and mixes it with the air already in the cabin, meaning that at any one time half the air is fresh and half is not. Many ordinary air-conditioning systems merely re-circulate the same air to save energy.

So, our Trench is more at risk during his commute.

BTW: I ordered a pack of 24 Toilet rolls with our usual shop..

No problem.... We were down to 4 and only Spivs and greedy folk are stupid enough to buy more..

Online krimster2

if t'were merely a function of air flow, I'd tend to agree...
but it may not be...
it may be based more on physical proximity to an infected person
than the flow of air around them

and if an infected person is actively "shedding" virus or not

so, Italia has a 1 week voluntary self-quarantine...
hmmm...
how long before it ain't so "voluntary"

what happens when every freakin time you get on a plane
you have to prove you're not sick
and every freakin time you get off a plane
you have to prove you're not sick

how many freakin times will you get on a plane
assuming you can get on one

PS, Russians are NOT paying me to write this!!
and they certainly wouldn't pay me based on the number of replies I get to my posts
nor the number of readers in threads that I post to

but yeah, OK, OK I shorted United when it was at 87 a share, so what?
it's called capitalism, if you don't like it vote for Bernie!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:48:29 PM by krimster2 »

Offline jone

http://tinyurl.com/w58hga6

I watched the above interview and found it entirely credible.   Better than people running around pulling out their hair.   (I don't have a ton of hair to pull out, so it is relative.)

Watch the interview than comment on it.   I found it to be a breath of uninfected air.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:39:06 PM by AnonMod »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

yes, here in the USA we have barely done any testing only promises of testing real soon now...

Testing is happening right now in the most infected county in America. I know a guy who knows a woman that got tested and results back quickly. It was concluded she had an upper respiratory infection.

Italy has 631 dead. Based on how many are dead in King County and it's much smaller population, if I multiply the population to equal Italy's population, we'd have 632 dead right now.

Article probably paid for by public and private transportation. The first sentence is "It's not yet known exactly how coronavirus spreads" then the journalists tries to present experts that tell us air on a plane is cleaner than your living room. Lol
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

The Journalist is quoting someone better qualified than you or I, Silly BillyB

An article for 'proud', selfish and unthinking hoarders...

http://tinyurl.com/t9dvbje
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:36:09 PM by AnonMod »

Offline BillyB

The Journalist is quoting someone better qualified than you or I, Silly BillyB

The journalist is manipulative. If an expert tells me the air on an airplane is cleaner than the air in my living room, I believe them 100%. But if I was told a person with an infectious disease is on the plane, I'd choose to stay home and breathe living room air and I'll offer you my seat on the plane since you're not concerned about getting infected.

One out of every 6000 Italians have the virus. Flights there are being cancelled but by all means, call up the airline industry and show them the article you're showing us to prove there's no risk.

http://tinyurl.com/ss7aubc
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:36:59 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10

I have good news and bad news for you Trench. In an early study, China said two thirds of their recorded deaths were men. That is the bad news for you. The good new is if you survive, eventually there may be two women for every man on earth.

Yep I have seen those figures too, I think Italy has similar figures.

If I get through this I won't at all mind being raped by a group of hot chicks, the moment a fat girl tries it on I promise you I'll go squealing to 'Metoo' as fast as my legs if they are still working can carry me!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:37:15 PM by AnonMod »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Another piece of Trench scaremongering busted?..

It's a common belief that you are more likely to become ill on an aeroplane, because you're breathing "stale" air.

In fact, the air on a plane may well be better quality than in the average office (and almost certainly better than a train or a bus).

There are more people per square foot on a busy plane, which can increase the risk, but the air is also being changed at a faster rate.

Professor Quingyan Chen at Purdue University, who studies air quality in different passenger vehicles, estimates that the air on a plane is completely replaced every 2-3 minutes, compared with every 10-12 minutes in an air-conditioned building.

The filter sucks in fresh air from outside and mixes it with the air already in the cabin, meaning that at any one time half the air is fresh and half is not. Many ordinary air-conditioning systems merely re-circulate the same air to save energy.

So, our Trench is more at risk during his commute.

BTW: I ordered a pack of 24 Toilet rolls with our usual shop..

No problem.... We were down to 4 and only Spivs and greedy folk are stupid enough to buy more..

Ah, yet more advice from the 'experts' we've seen how much stock to place in their advice before now haven't we Mobers ;)

An expert was on the BBC this evening telling viewers 'food prepared by someone else who may have the virus is safe, there is no evidence to suggest you can get the virus by eating food prepared by someone with the virus, though there have been no conclusive tests on this' - a shorter response would be for her to say, 'I don't know so I won't try and suggest it is ok'. Though of course the Restaurant trade is one area they won't want to collapse as well, better stupid people catch it and risk catching it than that happen. Myself I decided to go out last week and eat my last KFC and McDonald's double cheeseburger until this virus is over, and last eat out at any restaurant in fact. I don't eat out much any way or have much fast food but now hat will be the last for quite some time.

All these people that own restaurants I pity for them, but their'll be just another casualty of this virus, economically speaking.

I believe in the old, 'be prepared' adage, it is the intelligent thing to do, that is why I have over 60 toilet rolls stored up Mobers :))
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

misogyny will become popular once more!
why?
because we can get away with it now...

feminism is gonna be over REAL FAST fellas
cuz next year
the wimmin are all gonna want big strong men to protect them...
not little wimpy guys who are PC and PW'd

and I am just too damn sexy for my own good
this is really gonna cause me some problems...

the best solution, is to get the prettiest woman you can find,  to hang on your arm, and stare at you adoringly
and she'll keep the lesser ones away from you...
OTOH, if another does challenge her and replace her
you're the benefactor as well...

just live for today fellas

we're all gonna have some tough choices to make
my family and I are probably going to separate this year and live in different countries....
and I know that in the near future, it will be very difficult for us to ever see each other again
and that there is a chance,
that we may not...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:20:28 PM by krimster2 »

Online krimster2

the toast you smell burning in the oven is called civilization...
remember it while you still can
you guys in denial are gonna REALLY be surprised SOON!!!!
watch what happens when the banks run out of cash!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:49:23 PM by krimster2 »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Just heard....today it showed up in N Texas
Coronavirus in Texas
Five new Texas coronavirus cases include Collin County child and a Montgomery County man whose travel is being investigatedThe 3-year-old is among the youngest patients in the U.S. to have tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus. Montgomery County officials declined to comment on whether a patient there was exposed during travel.

http://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/10/frisco-texas-man-spreads-coronavirus-wife-and-child/
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline jone

I heard some law firms in Washington have come down with Corona Virus.   They were investigating all of the buried indictments of Trump when they contracted the disease.   I know its not public news yet.   But I heard it because my father once worked there.

Give us all a break, Krimster.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

...I spent much less time than you did in creating that post!
WHY?
because I'm a Machine Learning Expert, and I have a TensorFlow 2.0 LSTM voice recognition system of my own design...

Now I understand why you post so much nonsense.  Freewriting from an emotionally driven brain in panic mode.   

Stream of consciousness is complex and can be engrossing.   Ulysses is difficult to read yet enjoyable.  James Joyce you ain't.    And it hurts when you venture into the field of science to rationalize your wacky thoughts.

My recommendation:  Your TensoFlow needs a dose or two of lomotil, plus probiotics for life.     

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Why did we need another thread on this stuff anyway?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

To reveal the elevated anxiety of some of our members. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

Because Mobe wanted to talk instead about the far less pressing issue of migrants trying to get from Turkey to Greece rather than focus on the one sole issue on most peoples minds.

Offline BillyB

"You can never get enough coronavirus" COVID-19 once said. I'm glad Trench started this. His question about how we are preparing and how's it affecting members here are good ones. Since it showed up in N Texas, we'll be needing your daily reports. You stocked up on toilet paper?

Twice I said in Gator's virus thread it should be moved to the Odds and Ends section where more people will read it. It should've gotten more exposure due to the seriousness of the developing situation. Oh well, less people know about the upcoming danger, more toilet paper for me.

Offline IvanM07

They Declared a State of Emergency here in NC. Mostly just for those Federal Dollars to be available. There were 2 separate cases in Raleigh and Wake County, Yesterday I read an SC man came through Charlotte Airport from Italy and confirmed he had it the next day. They've been giving updates in work email every few days. Probably at the end of the week or start of next week they'll have us working from home. Guess I'll drive back to Texas to spend a few weeks with my family so I can't complain.

As for preparing, A month ago we bought 18 Rolls of TP and another 12 of Brawny paper towels, but that was more due to being out of TP and Paper towels. I think the last rolls lasted almost a year or so. The paper towels on the other hand with having a Doberman still training, about 2 Months.

We bought a few cases of Food, mostly canned food/fruit, Peanut Butter, Jerky, stuff like that. I thought we were good but he started freaking out with the news and bought 6 cases of new Military MRE's, the Expiration is 9.5 years from now.  :ROFL:

We were going to go Shooting at the Range this weekend and bought some plinking ammo, regular 5.56 55gr FMJ, and they were almost out of brass, but tons of Steel at Academy so I guess people are stocking up on that too.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
the toast you smell burning in the oven is called civilization...
remember it while you still can
you guys in denial are gonna REALLY be surprised SOON!!!!
watch what happens when the banks run out of cash!!!

Indeed Krim, there is no doubt a race against time afoot. Some solution such as a vaccine or method or controlling the spread of the virus successfully needs to be found before societal breakdown occurs country by country.

2020 for me started of being on a very different thread for me than previous years for many reasons. For other members too perhaps. Then Caronavirus pops up to turn matters on their head even more. Who would have thought we would be even talking about this stuff at the start of a new decade, it sereal to say the least.

The Caronavirus turns most peoples lives upside down whether we like it or not. It makes visiting and dating FSW very difficult and all other plans we might have made or have decided upon.

Every morning I wake up and it dawns on me the terrible situation we are in that is unfolding before our very eyes. In fairness other periods of time have had there own crises. Think the Cuban missile crisis & the nuclear threat, the black death plague, millions killed in WWII, being stuck in the trenches in misery in WWI, etc. The lives lost so far pale in comparison to all of that but it could all get worse soon.

Scientists reckon they could have a vaccine within a year , but will many societies hold together even that long? I myself work in a workplace where I am near others, not really near and not loads of people but people are fairly near me. If/when the virus spreads how long do I go before I call it quits, call in sick, etc? How long until do most people do this thereby causing a collapse in society & a self fulfilling prophecy?

Will people panic and take money out in cash risking instability in the banking sector that governments may not be able to cover? Or will they leave money in the banks rather than risk handling potentially dirty money? Will money continue to be of value or valueless globally?

These are many questions that may start to enter people's minds as time wears on. Scientists & society are in a race against time to find a solution to the virus.

Myself I think we need an upheaval in the way we go about life today. All the mechanisms exist to change to a different model, we just need to have the boldness to act on it. We need to bring forward modes of working and living that we were gradually moving towards and bring them into reality today much sooner than would have been the case.

We need to automate our grocery supplies like Amazon automates it warehouse products. We need to recognise where formal touching each other in daily interaction is taking place and work to eliminate it. Instead of offering drinks to guests and risk germs being past back and forth we should tell guests to help themselves to a drink and get it themself, etc.

I personally think that we have become too stuck in our ways to deal with these old notions and conventions. It may only be a matter of time before society as we know it falls apart. Once workers start quoting the workplace in favour of their own safety a trickle may become an unstoppable flood and a permanent loss of productivity that is irreversible and leads to the collapse of societies.

How people cope and manage if this occurs is another matter. Those that have passed away so far may have been spared enduring a different reality to what we have known. To some extent society has been very predictable and perhaps stiffeling in the drawn out boundaries it imposes in its citizens. We may come to wish for then or be glad to see untethered possiblities & freedom in a chaotic world. We will just have to wait and see how far this virus threat pushes society until it becomes too much and then only be able to be observers to what unfolds perhaps.

Online krimster2

NO!!! listen to me!!!!

LOOK!!!

Date       Total Infected       New Cases
3-8-20    538                     103    
3-9-20    624                     83
3-10-20  975                     271

this means that less than a week from now, we will be where Italy is right now...
at that point, most public schools and universities will begin stopping in person classes....
and there will be some level of quarantine in most places....
and then week by week more and more dominoes are gonna fall...

just a god damned week from now, do the math yourself
look at those numbers do the math yourselves, god damn it!

this is happening because WE WEREN'T TESTING!!!
a few days ago CDC stopped counting the tests it was doing and updating on its website
because the number wasn't changing, and when people asked why, they just took the number down
because they weren't testing in volume until today
and now we're gonna find out that there is huge number of infected people, much more than we thought
and growing FAST!

it's all gonna CRASH baby!!!
all of it!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 06:20:59 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

We need to recognise where formal touching each other in daily interaction is taking place and work to eliminate it. Instead of offering drinks to guests and risk germs being past back and forth we should tell guests to help themselves to a drink and get it themself, etc.

Don't worry Trench, they are already working on a solution that will make even sex touch free. I saw the future in a movie where a young horny Sandra Bullock asks Sylvester Stallone to have sex. Warning, all scenes will be appropriate.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541276
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701