It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 440112 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Our 'Ivan' doesn't even pay attention as to who is posting ... before 'responding' to 'me' ... :popcorn:

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Pretty funny.... the President of the country that has done the least amount of testing and has been the least proactive with concrete measures, declares other countries are 'behind the ball' and are the cause of the problem in the US.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Pretty funny.... the President of the country that has done the least amount of testing and has been the least proactive with concrete measures, declares other countries are 'behind the ball' and are the cause of the problem in the US.

BC, you should worry about how the government of Italy handled things before it got out of control. When it's over, we will learn if America or Europe has higher rate of infections.

Trump ordered or border patrol to document where each passenger entering USA where they been. After detecting those who are infected, it was determine our infections are coming from Europe, not China. Europe should've banned flights from China early on instead of trusting China and WHO's recommendation travel to and from China is fine.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

Quick tour around town this morning.

Farmers, construction folks, and most folks that work outside doing their normal 'thing'.  Busses running normally except for school that have been cancelled due to school closures.

Pharmacy getting regular deliveries twice a day including oxygen and all meds except hand sanitizer.

Cigarette store getting regular deliveries, but some brands are a bit short because folks are buying cartons instead of packs to limit trips to the store.

Grocery store, 8-10 people waiting patiently outside for folks inside to get done with their shopping.  Meat store, bakery and the veggie stand all open and stocked.

Two kids and mom hanging large rainbow banners on the front of their fence that state 'It's all going to be ok" - the highlight of the trip.

Traffic in town is light, seems like it's a Sunday, many wearing masks some even when driving or walking around, folks maintaining distances.

An eBay package mailed Tuesday afternoon from Rome being delivered today, normal transit time.

No control or police checkpoints seen.

Offline msmob

BC, you should worry about how the government of Italy handled things before it got out of control. When it's over, we will learn if America or Europe has higher rate of infections.

Trump ordered or border patrol to document where each passenger entering USA where they been. After detecting those who are infected, it was determine our infections are coming from Europe, not China. Europe should've banned flights from China early on instead of trusting China and WHO's recommendation travel to and from China is fine.

BillyB,

1/ Once again, I remind you that Italy banned flights from China LONG ago ( Jan 31st )

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-10/italy-s-hopes-for-closer-china-ties-hit-by-virus-flight-ban-rift

2/ Italy has been testing FAR more of it's population FOR the virus than the USA..

It really IS time to stop posting like some deluded 'patriot' and get real..   

Italy has been FAR more proactive than the US ... and it STILL has a big problem

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:34:34 AM by msmob »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Your chart is very damning of the US system. 

Our blame game always starts with us pointing fingers, practically never do we accept that we are doing things wrong here in the USA.  We criticize other nation's health systems yet in a time of crisis, we don't have the capacity to serve our own populace as evidenced by the chart. 

Fathertime! 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BC

Billy,

there is nothing more dangerous than ignorance, not being able to test is ignorance.  Not even knowing how many have been tested is bordering on criminal, not even the President knows.  Fact is that Coronavus was present in Europe and the US at pretty much the same time, around 20 January when the first cases were confirmed.  You just don't know how bad it is there yet because of the lack of testing.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
BillyB,

1/ Once again, I remind you that Italy banned flight from China LONG ago ( Jan 31st )

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-10/italy-s-hopes-for-closer-china-ties-hit-by-virus-flight-ban-rift

2/ Italy has been testing FAR more of it's population FOR the virus than the USA..

Italy has been FAR more proactive than the US ... and it STILL has a big problem

Banning flights is not enough. Got to ban individuals passing through China like Trump did. Anyone been in China can fly to another country and then fly to Italy. Funny to see criticizing Trump doing a worse job than the Italian government and try to rationalize why. Why not criticize China? Don’t they get some blame? They knew what was going on more than anybody so they should have banned flights first to save your lives but they prefer to do business.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

Stock Market circuit breaker flipped again, closed after about 6 minutes this morning. 

Fathertime! 

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
You folks are just too funny sometimes. Your silly envy definitely blinds you from screaming realities. With all your feel good theories, the reality today is italy’s current DEATH count is at 827, with serious/critical conditions at 1,028. The US comparables are at 38 & 10. These numbers doesn’t remotely support all your silly ASSertion.

Stop all these stupid nonsense. There are times when all these BS need to take a rest for a while.

Trump’s speech last night was spot on despite offending that silly European Commission spokesperson’s stupid sensibilities.

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Now this comparison would be worst if you compared EU vs US. So stop peddling nonsense already.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:45:34 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

I don't trust hannity's judgement, but I wish he were right on this one. 
To the question though, I'd say a lot of his listeners believe as he does, but not enough to stem the stock market panic. 

If Sean Hannity Thinks Coronavirus Panic Is a 'Hoax,' How Many Millions of His Listeners Do Too?

Sean Hannity used his syndicated talk-radio program Wednesday to share a prediction he had found on Twitter about what is really happening with the coronavirus: It’s a “fraud” by the deep state to spread panic in the populace, manipulate the economy and suppress dissent.

“May be true,” Hannity declared to millions of listeners around the country.

As the coronavirus spreads around the globe, denial and disinformation about the risks are proliferating on media outlets popular with conservatives.

“This coronavirus?” Rush Limbaugh asked skeptically during his Wednesday program. “All of this panic is just not warranted.”.....

http://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-hannity-thinks-coronavirus-panic-120516477.html 

Fathertime! 

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
BillyB,

1/ Once again, I remind you that Italy banned flights from China LONG ago ( Jan 31st )

Italy has had FAR more reason to test FAR more of it's population than the USA. Your entire statement here is "BOLLOCKS"

The USA has been very proactive. 5 months ago nobody had heard of this virus. I suppose Trump should have been testing then? That answer is no. That was the height of the flu season in the US. If Italy had been testing then they wouldn't have the problem they have now. Italy has taken the steps they deem necessary to slow this thing down within their borders. Their infectious rate has gotten them to the point where they now. They haven't by any means been FAR more proactive than anywhere else. They, like everywhere are are doing what they feel they must do for the situation they have.

Offline msmob

'Mr Mistake',

Why must you fall over yourself in haste to prove inattentiveness / ignorance ?

Fact is you simply do not know how many cases you've had in the US..

@GCB I'm not sure what 'envy' I or others (should?) have re the US ..given 'we are all in the same boat'...

'Patriotic' STUPIDITY is certainly endemic, today

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:11:46 AM by msmob »

Offline BC

Italy has had FAR more reason to test FAR more of it's population than the USA.

Indeed.  The only reason Italy is testing far more of its population is because it can, something that has not yet been possible in the US in any quantity.

Offline GenMish

One week ago today, I flew home through S Korea. In Korea, they checked my passport to see if I went to Iran or China in the past 14 days. They did not check for Italy. I was put on a plane from an EMPTY Incheon airport to a bustling Atlanta airport. In Atlanta, there was no health screening, but passport control did review my passport. Once again, was not asked about Italy

So whatever it is about the Italian strain, its only recently became a reason for drastic measures

Offline GQBlues

'Mr Mistake',

@GCB I'm not sure what 'envy' I or others (should?) have re the US ..given 'we are all in the same boat'...

Predictable. When presented with facts, the resident Peewee Herman comes in with his usual deflecting debating habit.

I gave you Euro stooges facts on the current reality of coronavirus. You can ignore the FACTUAL numbers above and just pretend you actually have a point. Fine by me. We expect this from you blokes.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BC

An Italian guy goes to the doc with a cough, gets a test, results are positive, is sent to quarantine so can't infect others.

An American guy goes to the doc with a cough and fever, does not get tested and sent home with aspirin and told to drink lots of liquids.

Repeat 75000 times.

Italy has a huge number of confirmed cases.. Over 10,000 and counting that's a problem.

USA has no confirmed cases.. obviously, the USA does not have a problem.

Like the commercial with rug covered showers and folks finger dipping salsa, 'That ain't right'

But the problem isn't even that..  A large number of those in the US won't even go to the doctor in the first place because of the cost / copay.  They will go to work instead and 'tough it out' so the bills get paid, infecting others along the way.  Of course, they don't get counted.

Door number 1 China and 2 Italy are open, everyone can see what's inside.  Door 3, USA still stays with the curtain drawn, but there are those that will insist 'Ain't no problem behind the curtain'.

Oh well, par for the course around here.

Online Faux Pas

'Mr Mistake',

Moobs,
You're just a moron to such epic proportion that no kit ever could detect just how much of a moron you really are. Fact is, nobody knows how many cases there are in the US or anywhere else. There is nothing patriotic in my post. Just the fact that measures by every nation or regions are taken by need. The measures taken by China or Italy haven't been needed in the USA. You're lunatic fringe leaning leftist mind will not permit you to see the realities of any situation. No, only the need to point fingers and blame someone. Other than yourself of course.

You have bought into the panic full bore. You're a moron

Online Faux Pas

An Italian guy goes to the doc with a cough, gets a test, results are positive, is sent to quarantine so can't infect others.

An American guy goes to the doc with a cough and fever, does not get tested and sent home with aspirin and told to drink lots of liquids.

Repeat 75000 times.

Italy has a huge number of confirmed cases.. Over 10,000 and counting that's a problem.

Like the commercial with rug covered showers and folks finger dipping salsa, 'That ain't right'

But the problem isn't even that..  A large number of those in the US won't even go to the doctor in the first place because of the cost / copay.  They will go to work instead and 'tough it out' so the bills get paid, infecting others along the way.  Of course, they don't get counted.

Door number 1 China and 2 Italy are open, everyone can see what's inside.  Door 3, USA still stays with the curtain drawn, but there are those that will insist 'Ain't no problem behind the curtain'.

I think you're wrong. The virus hadn't had a chance to infect as many in the US as it did in Italy as fast as it did. Your information on the healthcare situation in the US is also wrong. There is no curtain on the US. Folks with corona symptoms are not avoiding the doctors. There are test kits. The virus panic has been taken very serious.

It is odd though BC that you believe communist China is transparent and that your own birthright the USA is hiding something. If I were you I'd question your sources

Offline BC

FP

whether or not there was enough time for spread in the US is unknown if only few with symptoms are getting tested.  I never said the US is hiding anything, just that folks are hanging on words that are unproven.

Does Italy have a problem? Yes.  Does China have a problem? Yes.  That's what doors 1 and 2 represent.  Door 3 is closed, no one knows what's hiding or not with many here stating that the facts don't prove the US has a problem.

Does China test? yes. Does Italy test? yes. Does the US test?  only those that go to a hospital that can test and are quite sick to begin with along with a few that arrive on flights that art noted with symptoms.  Ergo the only thing that can be proven is that the problem comes from 'elsewhere' and only a few are affected in the US.

It is pretty simple.

IOW it's an 'if you can't prove it you're wrong' debate that of course can go nowhere.

Offline GQBlues

Repeat 75000 times.

Well, at least you try.... the 'other' bloke conveniently disappeared.

Anyway...your attempt fails. It really doesn't matter if there were only 10 test kits in the US. The actual numbers above were specifically shown to get in the heart of the matter.

Death AND critical/serious condition cases. If your point has an ounce of merit that somehow Italy is far more superior and efficient, then why are your people dying far more, and many more in dire condition?

It gets even more ridiculous if you add the combined number for your chosen Union, with all its superior leaderships, compared to our Union. These numbers become far more BLATANTLY counter to your claim, no?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:34:42 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

GQ,

We know that the coronavirus primarily kills those that are older and have underlying conditions.  Italy has a number of elderly that is roughly twice that of other countries.

France, Germany, Spain each show at least double the number the US has reported. Those countries have done less testing than Italy, but still far more than the US.

My 'intent fails'??  Again I am only posting what I see.  It's up to you to decide what you want to 'see'.  I'm not gonna twist your arm.

Offline msmob

The 'other bloke' made his dear Ma lunch and prepared a Roast Dinner for 6 guests as he prepares to hand over care to his siblings..

Strange that a need to do something FAR more important than engage with strange chaps from the internet... who put 'patriotism' before common sense and awkward facts should think a 'delay' in response is some sort of 'surrender'... Ah well such is 'fora life'...

The Guardian puts it very well...for those still in touch with reality..

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/11/donald-trump-us-coronavirus-address

Too little, too late?...Blaming others... Failure to ban non Schengen Euro nations with serious issues re the virus spreading...

You simply could NOT make this farce up....

Offline GQBlues

TBH BC, I'm not one to harp 'my 'marbles are shinier than yours' that you Euros seem to engage in ad nauseum. This could be your US-political leaning, but it doesn't matter.

There's enough 'bad' news coming out of Italy's condition that I need not 'rub' upon the people of Italy. You seem to engage in these US vs EU/Italy a lot, but that's your prerogative, I suppose in the bigger scheme of things it's understandable. Just as it will be from those who counter your every opinion.

You once told us Italy have enough beds for everyone, and the social healthcare system you have can bear the brunt of this current dilemma. Maybe then you can tell us that excerpt from this medium is fake news:

"A lot of patients need help with breathing but there are not enough ventilators.

"They've told us that starting from now we'll have to choose who to intubate - priority will go to the young or those without comorbidities.

"At Niguarda, the other big hospital in Milan, they are not intubating anyone over 60, which is really, really young."

http://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/
Listen to the audio of the two Milanese doctors in the article talking about the real horrible conditions inside the quarantine area.

Is this reality now true in Italy or not? You keep trying to paint a rosy picture of Italian living, then critize the US for not having enough test kits, when maybe you should be more concerned Italians are dying by your side because of inadequate medical equipment? People being denied intubation for whatever reason is just diabolical. A person who have a hard time breathing and is now left alone is just not right. What a sad way to die...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:27:35 AM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

The 'other bloke' made his dear Ma lunch and prepared a Roast Dinner for 6 guests as he prepares to hand over care to his siblings..

Strange that a need to do something FAR more important than engage with strange chaps from the internet... who put 'patriotism' before common sense and awkward facts should think a 'delay' in response is some sort of 'surrender'... Ah well such is 'fora life'...

The Guardian puts it very well...for those still in touch with reality..

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/11/donald-trump-us-coronavirus-address

Too little, too late?...Blaming others... Failure to ban non Schengen Euro nations with serious issues re the virus spreading...

You simply could NOT make this farce up....

See what I mean by a Peewee Herman style of debating? Completely ignored the numbers I gave him to refute his idle claim of superiority. When challenged, instead of making a reasoned/rational riposte, he goes and post an opinion article that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject in discussion.

This folks, is a CLEAR example of a troll who shoots blanks.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:13:16 AM by GQBlues »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2274
Total: 2285

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM