It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 447259 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
What is your source on this?

Jan 28 article says China finally gives permission to WHO to allow their health experts into their country. Yay!!! WHO's team of doctors and scientists gets packed and ready to go!

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/health/airports-screening-coronavirus.html

Feb 7 article says China didn't accept WHO and CDC help for over a month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/health/cdc-coronavirus-china.html

After a major stall job and finally giving permission to WHO to enter China Jan 28, China finally gives them the final and absolutely final permission to enter China in Feb 10

http://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/coronavirus-world-health-organization-visits-china

Feb 11 Article below says WHO is getting mounting criticism for heaping praise on China and not declaring a global emergency but the WHO team finally lands in China and ready to kick some virus ass.

http://www.cnn.com/2020/02/10/asia/wuhan-coronavirus-update-intl-hnk/index.html

Feb 13, Some of the best international medical and epidemic experts in the world are stuck in Beijing for 4 days and has not been allowed to travel to Wuhan. Director General of WHO puts out a statement “Our advance team in China has made good progress in working out the composition of the team and the scope of its work. We hope to have more news to announce soon,” They are moving slower than molasses yet they say they are making good progress. Brought to you by another quality UN organization.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-who-mission/experts-fear-china-reluctant-to-accept-who-ground-mission-idUSKBN2071WZ

In a nutshell, a virus that can threaten humanity was disclosed to WHO Dec 31 by China after arresting and silencing whistleblowers all month. Then China refused help for over a month, got praised by WHO who recommended travel to China is safe and when China did allow some of the best experts in the business to help, they kept them in a hotel in Beijing, away from the action.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
ok, in the next 2 months...
ya'll are gonna see some sh^t!!!!

most of you will not be working at your place of employment for much longer beyond that time!!!

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10

most of you will not be working at your place of employment for much longer beyond that time!!!

I envision you looking like Gollum in the corner with your "precious" masturbatory fantasies of plague (or Russian invasion of Odessa or American Navy ships sunk by the Iranians). For a while I thought you were just jerking our chains. Now, I actually think you are one of those evil fu*ks who pray for death and destruction.

Online krimster2

bingo!!!
Sasha
3 MFing rednecks, I bagged here on RWD, he's my third!
you owe me 1,000 rubles!

gozpedy!
see how easy it was, I've never had hits like this before...
seriously, get behind Bradscale's effort to "simply delay, don't say cancel", the election for "public health" reasons!!
horrosho?
turn on the spigot on facebook and twitter to full!
NOW is the time, they are READY!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 05:30:10 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
By the end of February 19 million people had been infected with the good ole common flu in the USA this flu season.

Out of those 180,000 had been hospitalized and over 10,000 had died.

As of today 48 people have died of Coronavirus in the USA ..spot the difference ?

These are facts not the fantasies spouted by the likes of Krimster and Billy..a pair of bedwetters  who have really bought into the media hype about Coronavirus...and sucked up by Trench (then he wonders why he can't get a bird )

What a trio...like three hyperventilating women.

"The flu remains a higher threat to US public health than the new Coronavirus "..this from the Centre for disease control and prevention.

The UK media are demanding Boris Johnson puts the UK into lockdown..so far he's managed to fight them off.

This is because the media want to be able to write their sob stories about small businesses going bust..they love doom and gloom.

Then the pro=democratic media in USA can blame Trump for the economy crashing there "it wasn't us guv " they'll say...they won't be held accountable.

The lefty media over here are anti Boris Johnson too..so they're trying to line up the same scenario here.

The media has an agenda ..only fools can't see that.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:00:46 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline calmissile

Agree.  Amazing how things look when put in perspective.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Philadelphia Holds a Parade
In the late summer of 1918, the devastating second wave of the Spanish flu arrived on America’s shores. Carried by World War I doughboys returning home from Europe, the newly virulent virus spread first from Boston to New York and Philadelphia before traveling West to infect panicked populations from St. Louis to San Francisco.

By mid-September, the Spanish flu was spreading like wildfire through army and naval installations in Philadelphia, but Wilmer Krusen, Philadelphia’s public health director, assured the public that the stricken soldiers were only suffering from the old-fashioned seasonal flu and it would be contained before infecting the civilian population.
When the first few civilian cases were reported on September 21, local physicians worried that this could be the start of an epidemic, but Krusen and his medical board said Philadelphians could lower their risk of catching the flu by staying warm, keeping their feet dry and their “bowels open,” writes John M. Barry in The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History.
Just 72 hours after the parade, all 31 of Philadelphia’s hospitals were full and 2,600 people were dead by the end of the week.
George Dehner, author of Global Flu and You: A History of Influenza, says that while Krusen’s decision to hold the parade was absolutely a “bad idea,” Philadelphia’s infection rate was already accelerating by late September.
“The Liberty Loan parade probably threw gasoline on the fire,” says Dehner, “but it was already cooking along pretty well.”
Amazing full story...  http://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-pandemic-response-cities

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

my family lived on Delancey St in Philadelphia back then...

my grandmother told me stories about it...
our family doctor was one of the first people that my family knew who died from the Spanish Flu

as the hospitals, and morgues overflowed, they started putting bodies in "ice houses" no one knows what those are today!
and when they were full...
they just started dumping the bodies in the city parks, usually wrapped in something...

such a park was located a few hundred yards from where my family lived...

amazingly no one in my immediate family died from the Spanish Flu

but 6 years earlier my grandmother lost her two oldest children to measles, their deaths were just two weeks apart

Online krimster2

guys, I'm sorry to have to tell you all this BUT...

what is going to happen in the USA (and I assume the rest of the whole f&cking world, south of the 30th parallel)
is going to be much, much worse than what happend with the Spanish Flu, much, much worse

and that's ONLY over the next year...
I don't think ANYONE knows if this is a perennial that keeps coming back each year or not
like a rosebud

I hope it goes away, or there is some effective treatment discovered, or a vaccine, after the first year
but even IF one of these does happen...
this is STILL going to be MUCH WORSE than the Spanish Flu, and kill far more people just in the first year than the Spanish Flu....
we know more and more strains will be coming faster and faster as a greater number are infected

but the part NO ONES KNOWS...
is what happens in the next Flu Season and the one after that...
will this disappear?
or stay more or less the same
or get much worse like it did in China in December and January...

in 3 more months we will have more infections than China has today, don't you guys understand this yet?

the USA is going to be a collection of virus hot spots
which is basically ALL major population centers...
my wife and children are currently living inside one of the hot zones
and I expect that their area will be quarantined for them to either leave or me to enter
by the end of next month like Italy today

they will self quarintine
and so will I

I will disconnect myself from the outside world, not watch the news, etc
and only watch old "Leave It To Beaver and "Mr Ed" episodes...

then a year from now, I'm gonna take lots of drugs and go check and see what happened to the world
it's gonna be a trip to freakin remember, the highest I will ever be in my life when I go and look!!
even if nothing at all happens, or if the world comes to a freakin end, I'm still planning on having a good time
as usual...

laughing at you dumb phuques!!

hahaha

one day, I'm gonna stop posting, and when ya'll wonder if I died or not...
on RWD's "Survivor Forum" who's' alive and who's not....

I'm gonna go "na-na"
dumb phuques

or not...
and just let ya'll think I'm dead...

hahahaha

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:34:49 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
As there are so many posts - I don't know if this is 'news' - my apologies if not ..

http://112.international/ukraine-top-news/ukraine-closing-border-for-foreigners-for-two-weeks-49475.html

No weekend trips for Trench to Ukraine ..

Ukraine closing border for foreigners for two weeks

:(
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline calmissile

Beginning to think Krimster is psycho.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Except it was somewhat 'naughty' in it's use of words to describe the situation ..

BillyB was confused as to the meaning of pandemic and as a consequence alluded to something WHO haven't said and would not have said .

That you would fall for a BillyB ASSessment is just what I'd expect ..

Honestly, Trench - could you please post use specific examples that lead you to your 'conclusions' ... We may  have been listening to / reading different announcements.

Well there's an exaggeration, already ..it was a worst case scenario.. and 'everyone' is not 80 percent ..

It's a pretty clear statement of fact and  BoJo is a consummate actor .. 

Like your record for reading people ( opp sex in particular) is stellar .  You're 'theorising', AGAIN ..

Hilarious .. Many viruses mutate into a weaker form .. I  was driving overnight and heard a Prof from the Mayo clinic (?) in the US pointing out that there would appear to be signs this virus is getting less virulent ..

No evidence has been found of 're-infection'

'Some reports' ...  ?

TOSH..   The elderly simply have more health issues - making their resistance lower ..

Where are their food shortages ?  .. Other than morons who stock-piled pasta in some belief it all comes from Italy and might be in short supply

Here's a chance to make your own pasta ..

Went to the same Asda superstore just outside Cardiff tonight like I did last week only tonight the shelves were even more empty than last week. No toilet roll whatsoever compared to a low stock on a couple of pallets a week ago. Hand wash was just being restocked with a few bottles though I have plenty of that now, a lot of the tinned food had gone and a lot of the meats had gone. Never really seen many of the isles looking do emptyish. So e Ilse's still had a fair stock of the other stuff but in general the place looked like it had just been ransacked, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

By the end of February 19 million people had been infected with the good ole common flu in the USA this flu season.

Out of those 180,000 had been hospitalized and over 10,000 had died.

Do you know how governments and private organizations react to those numbers? They don't. Do you know how governments and private organizations react to a pathogen that can destroy a good portion of the human race, severely decrease the lifespan of the surviving humans, change our behavior and way of living if we let it get out of control? Open your eyes to see how it's done. After reading all the real facts about the virus, you still don't understand it. I'm thankful you aren't in charge of anybody's life.

Krim, Trump did a good job limiting the virus from infecting Americans by taking quicker and better actions than most nations. We will be better off than Europe.

How do we know that without test kits? Contrary to popular belief test kits isn't the only way to know how many people are infected. America is 5.5 times bigger than Italy. Italy right now has 17,660 infected and 1226 deaths after skyrocketing increases in numbers. If America was doing as bad as Italy, we would have 97,130 and 6,743 deaths in a matter of a week just like them.

How did Italy know to lockdown their nation before test kits started to reveal truth which provided us with their skyrocketing numbers? This is how smart people figure out the truth without a test kit. Doctors document cases of illness and death. Even if they didn't know the infections and deaths were COVID-19 related because no test kit was available, they would record the cause as influenza. We have an idea of what the flu rate is this time of year and if the numbers skyrocket, obviously a portion of that number is not the flu but COVID-19. when Italian officials figured what is normal for flu this time of year, they can deduct that from total of cases  and come up with a number that can be blamed on COVID-19. That number was alarming so Italy announced a nationwide lockdown over a virus that's out of control and much more deadlier than the flu before widespread use of test kits.

Look at Chelseaboy's numbers on American flu. Americans have 19 million people infected and 10,000 died average from the flu each year. Now imagine our COVID-19 problem was as bad as Italy's and we have 97,130 Americans infected and 6,743 people died for the week. We have a sample pool of people to gauge where this is going. We do not need to wait a year to see this is much more dangerous than the flu.

Also another way of telling something is not right is to look what is happening in hospitals. Italy's health care system is stressed out. America's is not and if we had an epidemic, our hospitals would be full even if people didn't know they had COVID-19. I live in the most COVID-19 infected and deadliest county in America and we are not even at the point of getting locked down because we are not as bad off as Italy. Hospitals in my area are not stressed out although they are busier than normal. My county has more COVID-19 recorded deaths than the rest of America combined yet we aren't locked down. That means to me most of America is better off than King County. People don't see the danger because the problem is in it's infancy and the current low amount of infections and deaths gives them the conclusion this virus isn't dangerous. Give every person on earth a taste of this virus and maybe they'll "get it" after seeing the numbers? We have a small sample pool to understand it will be catastrophic for humanity if every person on earth got this virus just once. With evolving strains of the virus to trick our immune systems, we will continue to get it over and over and over again.

Although Trump banned individuals who been in China starting January 31, On Feb 28 WHO still did not agree and made the statement "WHO continues to advise against the application of travel or trade restrictions to countries experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks." I'm sure Trump saved lives while WHO tried hard to help China's tourism industry and economy. There are claims China has the virus under control right now. Anybody believe it? Do you think vacationing in China is safe at this time?

http://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/updated-who-recommendations-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-covid-19-outbreak
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:48:26 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

"We will be better off than Europe."

100% untrue...
just the opposite, because soon Italy's number of new infections will decline
while ours is going to continue to skyrocket...
instead of the USA being 12 days BEHIND Italy...
we are going to be AHEAD of them...

the longer we hold off self quarantining the larger the number of infected
and the larger the number of infected
the longer it'll last

Trump is your god damned Reverand Jim Jones dumb phuques
and America is gonna be just a giant-assed Jonestown
but the kool-aid is gonna drink you this time

don't you all freakin get it yet?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:09:53 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Well, it looks like this Coronavirus pandemic thing may soon be over, it looks like British scientists have beaten the rest of the world too it and have created a vaccine: :clapping:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1255083/uk-coronavirus-british-scientists-vaccine-coronavirus-cure-latest

Looks like things might soon be back to normal :D It will take a few weeks to get the human trials done but this can be speeded up by just accosting a few Oirishmen like Mobers and using them as unwilling guinea pigs.

Tell you what this will be one big slap in the bollocks to the EU withdrawing it's science organisation from the UK. Looks like we are getting on very well without them ;D

Online krimster2

did you mean "close to creating a vaccine"
as in you're close to getting a Ukrainian girlfriend....

oh...
ya want some ointment for the burn I just gave you?

hey, can't you see "I'm working here" "on the job"
trying to bag my 4th redneck?

you're from the freakin Midlands, a "tradesman", you must dream of being a redneck in the USA...
you're not my quarry...
sorry

Offline Gator

in 3 more months we will have more infections than China has today, don't you guys understand this yet?

You are correct.  Actually, I believe you are underestimating because the US will have even more infections than China reported because of greatly expanded testing. 

Reality check:  Tripling your high scenario estimate of COVID-19 infections is still less than one percent  of the H1N1 infections.

Here's the math if you don't believe me: 

-  China's total cases today is about 81,000 (your estimate for the US three months from now). 

-  My estimate is that we will be much higher unless our social distancing and other measure flatten the curve.   But let's go with 3x your estimate.   

-  Thus,  81,000 x 3 = 243,000 infections by mid-June 2020. 

Compare 3X China (243,000 infections)   with H1N1 statistics for the US for the 12 months of 12 April 2008 - 10 April 2009:

Total cases of infection:     61,000,000
        Total hospitalizations:            270,000
        Total Deaths:                          12,000

3x your estimate is still less than the number hospitalized.   And less than one percent of total cases.   

I don't recall people in 2009-2010 losing their minds.  Your scare tactics seem more like the Democrat's third attempt  to take out Trump after failing with the Mueller investigation and the impeachment.         

You are not psycho.  You are not suffering from anxiety.  You simply being absurdly political on the tails of a pandemic.    That's disingenuous.   Sinking to a new low level in front of our eyes.  You and your candidate Joe Biden in decline.   

Online krimster2

"Krimster is psycho."

this is EXACTLY how Russians describe me...
except it's pronounced more "psyche" than "psycho"

and they point their fingers at their head when they utter these "slova"...

it's an image I cultivate
somewhat along the line, "better to be feared than loved"
tra-la-la

but...

how many rednecks did I bag tonight sasha, kakoy u menya schet? 
what's my score am I at 4 now?

gozpedy!!!

but hey, were any of you "butthurt" rednecks
sorry, when latina mothers were forcibly separated from their children and put in cages
and some of them got sick and died

were ya sorry then...
cuz only someone psycho would want to do something like that

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:25:39 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

I don't recall people in 2009-2010 losing their minds. 

They didn't lose their minds. I was on these forums back then and don't remember people talking about the swine flu pandemic. I searched and seems like a didn't make a single post about swine flu. But this new virus is much more dangerous than the swine flu and there is little hope that a vaccine or anti viral medicine will be found. In a matter of months, a swine flu vaccine was discovered.

If it was one nation acting strange closing it's borders with other nations, we can claim a person with anxiety is running that country but all nations are closing their borders with all nations with a few thousand infections. Think about that. All governments are acting the same. They agree on something about the virus.

Well, it looks like this Coronavirus pandemic thing may soon be over, it looks like British scientists have beaten the rest of the world too it and have created a vaccine: :clapping:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1255083/uk-coronavirus-british-scientists-vaccine-coronavirus-cure-latest

After what I said earlier, you believe that? Do you know how many articles and interviews are out there that talk about how close a lab is to discovering a cure? These stories are in every country. If you like what that UK lab is doing, call up your government and tell them to give that lab more of your tax dollars to reward them. I don't blame those labs. If I were an owner of a lab, I'd reach out to the media that's hungry for stories and breaking news and tell them what a good job my lab is doing too.

Offline fathertime

In case any of you wondered where jone and fathertime is right now...look no further!

LMAO
I missed the costco line today, but my daughter tells me the line at trader joe's was out the door too.    I just worked away like a little mole all day.   
Got notice that daughter's college classes are no longer going to be on campus for the rest of the semester now.  All the school districts in this area are closed too. 

It seems the nation is starting to get much more serious about this virus.   It doesn't appear to be a hoax, but it also seems there aren't too many bodies piling up just yet. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online krimster2

“Thus,  81,000 x 3 = 243,000 infections by mid-June 2020.....

way, way, low..
sorry...
we’ll have that number a month before that...

and it’ll then double in the next 4 days after that
and then again
and then again
and then...

there will be mass burials and cremations going on long before then in the USA
and you’ll see what I’m saying is correct about a month from now
will not matter who the hell you vote for
cuz they won’t take office til January
Jonestown will have already happened
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:38:42 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

Considering the retirement population and tourist attractions complacency could be very dangerous.

Complacency is the wrong descriptor.  Tourist attractions are closing if not already closed.  The same with schools.  Senior centers are undertaking strong disinfection measures, and routines are changing.

Experience shows it sneaks up on you. 

Agree, yet we have few cases today, and most are travel related.  Few have been hospitalized.  I expect a future wave soon from community spreading. 

The state and local health systems have had adequate time to prepare.  I play golf with the heads of two different ER departments.  They expect most cases to be sent home.  Testing was limited in the beginning, yet is undergoing dramatic and wholesale changes.     

Do take care of yourselves and be proactive.  An ounce of prevention kinda thing won't hurt anyone.

In the not too distant future I expect to be looking in the rear-view mirror at this episode.  If so, a cause for celebration. 

Online krimster2

objects in the mirror are closer than they appear
don't turn around...
on the dark highway you're gonna be racing on in a couple of months..
some things are just better NOT to be seen...

you guys really don't have any idea of the sh%t storm coming your way, now do ya?
virus is only gonna be PART of that...
it's the negative feedback loop this creates, that breaks the whole freakin world, permanently
with depression and war and disease and starvation

starting...well...
now, actually!!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:50:18 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

"Thus,  81,000 x 3 = 243,000 infections by mid-June 2020....." 

...way, way, low..

Then why did you write "in 3 more months we will have more infections than China has today, don't you guys understand this yet?"

I find you impossible.       

Online krimster2

in 3 months, the number will be HIGHER than China's current number AND
higher than the number you propose...

how the f&ck did you guys EVER win WWII against freaking Nazis and Japs at the same freakin time
and now look at ya...

I don't understand...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861