It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2nd trip to Russia  (Read 3578 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
2nd trip to Russia
« on: November 30, 2022, 07:04:06 PM »
Just spent about week in Russia. Met three women. Left feeling confident of one. It was cold in Moscow, slushy and a bit ugly time of year. I found a company that would just take my reservation based on my promise since I rented from them last visit. The owner usually comes by the next day to collect money - USD or rubles. He has 4 nice apartments in three high rises that are next to each other. Restaurants, service businesses and other businesses occupy the bottom floors so it is very convenient to live there. Feel free to message me if you need his contact and company name.

A bit of a puzzle to coordinate the three don't meet each other, overlap or get suspicious of a strange 2-3 day visit to Moscow.

This time border control was not an issue. I picked the female passport officer who smiled the most and it took a quick 15 seconds to get me through.

My $10/hr interpreter found me a 1200 ruble taxi (verses the 8,000 one that raked me the last time) to go to my apartment an hour away from VKO airport.

Things were similar to my last trip. People were still jovial, going out, smiling when I tried to speak Russian to them. Red Square was lovely with Christmas lights up.

My second visit to a beautiful pre-school teacher. After two days I realized she wasn't a keeper. She secured my promise of an expensive gift. I secured the promise of continuation of a warm and tantalizing time. After the gift seems she got suddenly busy and couldn't see me anymore. Well better know now than later.

The second woman was a very young woman who was in reality a genius with exceptional success in math and science studies but chose to work in  simple jobs. Her quick laugh and her personality was very attractive in our time together. She came to visit me from out of town and I got a room for us. We ate, walked, saw some sites, took tons of pictures. I liked her quite a bit when we left each other. But she is really young, really pretty and if came to the United States I could coax her to get into a decent career in finance or academia.

The third woman was something like a VP in a large Russian company. She also owns several boutique shops, a restaurant, a few flats in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Sochi and only 32. I met her on my last trip. As we talked and she shared bits and pieces of her past relationships and the two relationships she had I started to wonder why the hell is she with me. These men were very accomplished, good human beings which could have any choice of women they wanted in Russia. She is a practical common sense person who doesn't act like she's better than anyone else. She rented a $250 a night apartment for us for several nights and when I left she opted for a $35 a night apartment because 15 000 rubles a night is terribly wasteful for one person she said. She doesn't need to dress like she's rich and sometimes she still spends like a student. Her friends all own companies and million dollar property but she is really unpretentious. I'm not sure what she wants out of me - free English lessons, free cuddles and kisses, insight into America. I would not be able to give her a better lifestyle in America so I told her if we progress I'd be fine to live with her and teach English and help her open up a restaurant where I can keep myself busy. I've always wanted to have a jazz restaurant.

We're in Red Square and I'm fumbling to get a taxi on my app and two men approach her and beg her to take a picture with them. My first thought was what the F. So she is there taking turns posing with these guys who look like their from Turkey acting like they are posing with a movie star. They seemed happy and said something in Russian or Turkish to me that seemed light hearted. Maybe good job bro? I guess this is the s you have to put with hanging out with someone like that. She also has the body of a 21 year old. I inspected every inch of it and definitely the body of a 21 year old.

I only had about 15 000 rubles when we met up and I would have felt better having more cash but she wouldn't let me go to cash my dollars. I might have mentioned this before but there are not cash exchange kiosks or terminals like many other tourist international cities - you have to go to a bank. She allowed me to pay for a few meals but she insisted on paying for everything.

A really amazing visit with her. She seems to like me. My charms thankfully worked on her. I met her friends. A 40 year old man who owns a construction business and plays in a rock band and speaks English well. A 35 year old woman who has her own line of cosmetics and runs her own company. They seem nice and we all had a good time with laughs, Russian and German beers. I did feel just a tad inadequate to be honest.

So we say our goodbyes, I really try not to attract to much attention to us when we go out. I am conscious not speak English too loud. So no kiss goodbye. She's lovely, she has money, she has great friends, she's smart and speaks English well. I hope I don't f this up.

On my way out the passport lady looks at my passport, makes a phone call, looks my passport, squints, makes another phone call. Then it happens. A guy in uniform with a few more stripes comes and says, "Come with me."

I am in another room and a video camera. "Why did you go to Kharkiv? What did you do in Ukraine?"

I had a feeling the Ukrainian stamps might bite me in the ass one day.

I answer, tourist. I then answer dating. I dated a woman there.

They asked what is her name? Do you have her number?

No, we broke up.

They asked for my phone and I really swear this, they entered a code that opened up my phone. They looked at my phone and inputted some numbers in their system. After a few more phone calls to higher ups I assume, they finally let me go.

It was a nervous 45 minutes.

I only shared with girl #3 that they detained me because I was American. What a trip.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: 2nd trip to Russia
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 02:38:55 AM »
Thanks, Cameraguymn!

Nice and interesting trip report.  Enjoyed the read.

I wish you the best as things progress.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 08:24:36 AM »
About the 32 years old woman.

I will tell you my personal experiences.
1/ A woman I have followed for 5 years told me that her ex boyfriend was a Colonel or more in the Army. Impossible or he bought it. He was less than 30 
2/ A woman told me that her ex husband was earning  $40000 a month the last year of her marriage. I took some information with the locals and the best of the best was earning $10000 for this exact type of job 
3/ my ex girlfriend bought an expensive second hand Lexus to pick me up at the airport. Four months after I gave her some money to pay the insurance because she didn't have enough money to pay it (and she was earning a stellar wage at this time in her city). 
So with these 3 examples I think that you understand where I want to go.

So my question at 32, from WHERE this money is coming?
To start from the scratch she needed a capital, from where this money was coming?
What her family is doing for a living? That could be the answer.
Divorces?

You better to relax with the STATUS story.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 01:18:07 PM »
Yes, as Pat demonstrates . . . exaggeration is rampant in FSU.

Now, as to second point regarding gifts.

Note:  I screen out potential scammers within 2-3 emails, so never really met up with any.

But, as three examples with different women:

1) She told me she would have to pay 100 for baby sitter for the day.  I said, OK 100 grievna?
She said, no $100.  This was back when FX was 5 to 1.

2) She told she could spend all the time with me that I wanted, but would have to give her boss 200 euro per day she missed work.  This was back in 2005 or so when gals were making 400-600 euro per month.

3) I asked once if there was something small (because of not much room in suitcase) she wanted me to bring for our first meeting.  I was thinking special perfume, etc.  She was thinking a one caret diamond.  I learned from this to never ask such a question again.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 05:46:03 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 04:39:19 PM »
Prostitution should be also under the scope. 
A lot of women are performing such sports.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 06:26:34 AM »
you never know about people these days. And any of those scenarios could be possible. I've been bamboozled before. But of course there are outliers. I'm pretty comfortable with the 32 year old's story. I checked her company out and she's listed in there with a photo and bio and we review live video from her businesses. But there is always possibility of an elaborate plan. But I'm not a good target. I am neither very rich or have a very important position to be leveraged before. Must be the amazing kisses and sex.

Question: what is the best answer to give to answer why I went to Ukraine a number of times within the past 2 years next time I am stopped by the Russian passport office?

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 08:05:53 AM »
don't be "worried"
Russians are REAL BAD at "elaborate plans"
what to tell Russian passport control about ukrainia?
hmmm...
the truth... you went there for pooty tang

I'm assuming on your Russian visa app, you DIDN'T PUT any prior military service/training/education/work, yada, yada...  if so the FSB/GRU won't flag you, UNLESS you have a Russian sounding last name!!!
dawg - if you have a Russian sounding last name and military technical skillz AND FREAKING SPEAK RUSSIAN
they'll make you an "offer"

I've been "busted" by the GRU at passport control in Moscva a LONG time ago
I spent all day there phuqing with them in the "room" and having a great time
this was a long time ago, before I had the "contacts" to avoid all this hassle

I was from "The Valley" like you, worked in analog (radar at Raytheon and Rafael in Israel) and digital (including ruggedized hardware for avionics)
and I went from dating 40 yr old average looking American wimmin with "issues" in the valley
to dating 20-something gorgeous Ukrainian wimmin, and after that, I never looked to American wimmin again
Ukrainian wimmin are 100X what American wimmin are
you'd be CRAZY to marry an American

American women "thought" they had a monopoly on the pooty tang supply and as a result could set an artificially high price for their product
THEY WERE FREAKING WRONG!!

I inverted it, and went to a market, where MY VALUE was set artificially high (ukraine)
imagine what a silicon valley engineer with his blue passport would be worth in Ukraine
cuz afterall,  what's good for the gander, can also be pretty darned good for the goose

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:26:52 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 09:46:12 AM »
Question: what is the best answer to give to answer why I went to Ukraine a number of times within the past 2 years next time I am stopped by the Russian passport office?

Don't know about the US but in the UK we can renew our passport whenever we like :D That means all those stamp marks of my trips to Ukraine in the 5-6 years are no longer in my new passport and neither is my visa/stamp for my trip to Moscow. UK Passport Authority sent me back the old passport with the corner chopped off so I still have the momento of my visits in my old passport :)

So my new British blue passport that I got a year or so ago is  blissfully clear of any stamps so starting with a clean slate again as it were! So because I haven't been through either country before the war has started odds are that neither know anything about my journeying to the other. You though CG may have a problem as at the Airport they may have taken a copy scan of your passport possibly likely also a record on themselves stopping you and why. The UK make a record of anyone they stop and pull out for interrogation they had it on a fly on the wall documentary series about border control/airports at UK airports years ago on TV.

So if asked with a clean passport I wouldn't fib as they could likely have it all on computer file and could make you look even more suspicious.

I agree with Krim, if you do go again and they question it say trip was for pleasure and if they probe further say you were meeting women for a relationship. If you say business they will want to know what business? Which you don't have. If you lie and it's uncovered or make out you were going there just for holidaying to see the sights it's going to make you look real suspicious and they'll likely assume the worst. You'll then be stuck in Russia in hot water without an honest statement as to why you went to Ukraine for anyone willing to help to buy into. That will likely mean you'll be in a pretty poor position if swearing on an obvious/dubious lie/statement.

Same could be likely for Ukraine, we see them as the good guys but if they see visa stamps to Russia they are likely to view it with suspicion as well particularly moreso if trips are during the war. Odds are either side or both could come to see you as a spy particularly the more trips to either during wartime. So if it were me I would be real careful of what country you visit, how many times and when. Russia of course aren't likely to view US & UK citizens in a good light from the get go. I personally see Russia as particularly risky, Ukraine has to keep the West onside so hope of help from our Embassy is likely to hold more hope than in Russia.

Consider also that any record could be floating around for years to come so even after the war could still make you liable to be hauled up again.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM