It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi  (Read 84932 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »
What if he made $200 in income per month, an exwife would be entitled to half of that? In my mind there should be a threshold that he doesn't have to go below.

If that were the case, presumably the ex would have had her own source of income, as no one can live on $200 per month.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2020, 12:08:04 AM »
I think Maxx is talking about having to pay his wife some of his Social Security income, not from any private pension plan.

Actually, former spouses can draw some Social Security income directly from SS based on marriage to a person without any directive from a divorce proceeding.

So I suspect his ex wife is getting that income.

However, in addition to that money which every former spouse can get directly from SS (there are some qualifications related to age, length of marriage, etc.) . . .

It seems that, in this case, Maxx's divorce settlement requires him to pay ex wife some additional money out of his own Social Security income.

Maxx can clarify.

- - - - - - -

My Social Security income should be about $1800 a month. My ex-wife while I was in the Republic of Georgia petitioned the court in Minnesota for a portion of my SS. She got over $1000 of it because I failed to show (her plan) for the trial. I got the papers the day before the 21 days to respond came. My monthly income went down to $684. So I had to travel back to Minnesota in 2016 and lived with my mother who was in her last days. Eventually my ex-wife by pressure from our two daughters agreed to a equal portion, 50-50. So $1711 at that time (about $1800 this time) went to $1370. This was from a Minnesota court. But two years ago she appealed to the Federal court and got another 10%. Now she gets what I used to get and I get about what she was supposed to get. We were married over 25 years so according to Minnesota (liberal State) law she can get life time spousal support.

I am about leave to pick up my helper in this business. Three days a week we go to the gym and do our workouts. She has two duties, help me scout this business out and push me to the gym. Today is the fifth day of my fast. I haven't eaten a thing since Friday night (Wednesday late morning now). Coffee with creme and water is all I consume. That and my nutritional supplements I have in the refrigerator. I am dropping weight fast and am feeling full of energy. Got to go!

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2020, 10:36:09 AM »

Thanks!

Whether I succeed in this or fail in it, it is not the end of the world for me. Interestedly for me, is you are on the same side as Moby!  :D  Except an important difference... you wish me well... he doesn't.

Maxx-

One night during the holiday period while having dinner with our folks, you came to mind. There had been this restaurant crazed in LA for a good while now. It even have a massive appeal to millennials as they represent a great deal of the eating patrons in these establishments (you have no idea who difficult it is to compete with smart phones for millennials approval much less attention these days). Wherever you go. which ever restaurant it is, these places are always packed.

I took the crew out to a Korean Barbeque.

Now I relate this experience with you because a) Our crew consisted of wifey's sister (lives in Germany/Turkey) and BIL (married to sis, Turk, 1st time in LA), SIL from Canada, nephew, my brother and wife (Christian Lebanese)+ kid, my BFF and son - thus this isn't just an 'American' traditional influence; b) the seemingly 'easy' way to a successful restaurant biz...

1. The menu isn't compose of tens of varieties of cooked/prepared entrees..Korean Barbeque restaurants is an 'all-you-can-eat' deal consisting of roughly 3-6 different combinations. Dessert, the drinks..
2. The staple is very easy and is readily available anywhere in the world - meat. 'Combinations have 5-6 different kinds and your set. As long as it can be sliced then frozen - you're set as you can serve them 'frozen'. Some do marinate the meat, but that can be an option for you. You'll compliment this with Korean sauces (mustard/ponzu/sweet soy sauce) and varying types of Kim Chi. fresh vegies, seaweed, salt/pepper, maybe miso or some easy to make soup. The only thing you'll need to remember is never mix serve anything 'Chinese' to a Korean/Japanese dinner serving.

These restaurants in LA right now is literally 'fail safe'. VERY cheap to start and people will not only love the food, they'll embrace the ambiance and setup.

(Mind you, just throwing out an idea out there for you, ok?)

An aside: Just curiuos...You mentioned upthread you plan on serving some of Mejico's cervezas, I wonder how much is a liquor license in Georgia, if there's any? Here in LA, the cost of a liquor license cost as much as a single family home. That's largely why alcoholic beverages are very expensive in restaurants and bars.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:39:06 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2020, 02:01:57 PM »

My Social Security income should be

Just a question, once she gets to 67 years old or whatever, wouldn't
her social security kick in and stop her from getting a piece of yours?
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »

It's quite common to split pension rights in the West.  Men can get out of that by paying a lump sum at the time of settlement, if the woman agrees.  Factors which ameliorate the payment are the wife's pension income (if she had one, he would be entitled to a share of her pension), length of marriage, and whether or not the wife worked.

Good luck, Maxx.  I assume you will need to purchase a lot more kitchen equipment.  If you can restrict your lease to one year, do so.  In your shoes, I'd probably try for a fast food type model, or a stand, rather than a sit down location.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
We don't have such a thing in France.
We have the compensatory alimony, a capital that should be paid after the divorce.
The spousal support while waiting the divorce to been achieved.
The reversion pension WHEN YOU ARE DEAD, this is a fraction of the pension after you have left the workforce  (55%) given to the ex spouse and shared bewteen the different ex spouses to make it simple.

Nowadays 93% of women have the benefit of reversion's pension. 
Why not, but why men, dying 7 years before women enjoy almost 50% of time pension less than women, why their retirment time  from the workforce don't happen 7 years before women ? An other inequality never discussed. And above all it is reproched to the men to earn more. Partially because they almost all perform outdoors job, the most dangerous. But finally women at the end are quite happy that they become dead meat as 93% of the time the get good money from the well hung dead in France.

So if I resume it would have been better for Max to divorce before she could claims any right on her SS pension. Better for him to divorce to protect himself rather than waiting her to divorce and screw up a man getting older and forcing him to emigrate in a low cost country.THAT's absolutely disgusting for me, I want to vomit, and all those "put the name you like" are proud of this system?
Is this the new feminism, a new world of a rearranging domination where the roles are simply reversed with the blessing of the law ? What a beautiful new world !

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2020, 02:36:27 PM »
I think Maxx is talking about having to pay his wife some of his Social Security income, not from any private pension plan.

Actually, former spouses can draw some Social Security income directly from SS based on marriage to a person without any directive from a divorce proceeding.

So I suspect his ex wife is getting that income.

However, in addition to that money which every former spouse can get directly from SS (there are some qualifications related to age, length of marriage, etc.) . . .

It seems that, in this case, Maxx's divorce settlement requires him to pay ex wife some additional money out of his own Social Security income.

Maxx can clarify.

- - - - - - -

More on Social Security payments.

The SS plan is quite liberal as to who can get some payments and from what relationship.

For instance:  (I will use wife getting from husband's account because that is the most common, but applies the other way around also.)

Wife and husband divorce.  Wife remarries and at some point, starts drawing SS based on her second husband's SS record.  Wife has never worked.
Second husband dies, wife still gets SS based on his record.  However, she can switch and get SS from first husband if that amount would be greater.  This can happen even if first husband has a second wife who is also getting SS based on his record.
Or wife can divorce second husband, and start drawing SS based on first husband's record.

Again, there are some requirements regarding age, length of marriages, etc.
And, the rules have been modified over the years, and will be modified again in the future.

Also, if wife has worked, she can draw from husband's account for a period of time, and then switch to drawing from her own account at some point.  This is sometimes advantageous because one's own SS amount goes up significantly if they wait until full retirement age rather than start drawing at minimum age of 62.

Thank for the informations ML
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 02:00:47 AM »

Sorry folks for not answering everyones' questions. We've been busy investigating costs and complications of running a business in the Republic of Georgia.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 02:55:24 AM »

Good luck, Maxx. I assume you will need to purchase a lot more kitchen equipment.  If you can restrict your lease to one year, do so.  In your shoes, I'd probably try for a fast food type model, or a stand, rather than a sit down location.

The reason I'm going to the restaurant route instead of a cart/stand is because I can live upstairs in the loft and save myself from paying rent of an apartment, $500 of business rent verses $300 a month of apartment. If the restaurant becomes successful my plan is to rent an apartment upstairs that my landlord and landlady own. She is on her way to Canada right now and her husband (Georgians) is going to follow her in a few months. In a few months the tourist season starts. I picked a good spot because there is a bar just down the street called the "Irish Bar" that attracts a lot of Western tourists.

Now to the photos of restaurant equipment we will need to purchase.

It is 90 centimeters wide. Which is about half again as wide as a standard size stove.

$400

$230   It is quite large

We need two of these. Our plan to model the food and service off of Chipotle. So three kinds of meat, beef, pork and chicken. Then rice with cilantro, Mexican fried rice and beans. They are warmers.

Cost 670 GEL each, total of $462. 

We will also need 8 pans for keeping the food cool. Lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes, diced onions, salsa, corn salsa, sour creme and guacamole.

And a stainless steel table to put them on/in. Cost 650 GEL ($224) and we will need a sneeze guard.

Ilona checking pans

A used stainless steel commercial sink. Cost 150 GEL, $50

3 tables at 150 GEL each, $150 for 3. We think three more smaller ones will be enough. With city permission we can put tables and chairs outside.

Chairs, haven't figured out yet on how many.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:18:22 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2020, 03:29:06 AM »
Maxx-

An aside: Just curiuos...You mentioned upthread you plan on serving some of Mejico's cervezas, I wonder how much is a liquor license in Georgia, if there's any? Here in LA, the cost of a liquor license cost as much as a single family home. That's largely why alcoholic beverages are very expensive in restaurants and bars.

We talked to a Ukrainian restauranteur about the business conditions here. The rules, requirements and taxes. We've also inquired at the Government center.

There is no liquor license needed. When getting the business license which cost about $25 there is a box to be checked off on the application form. This is to state that we'll be surviving alcohol. The type of alcohol, beer, wine or hard liquor they don't care. This is true of all the little stores her. There is no zoning laws. If you want to turn your garage or the front of your house into a store that sells liquor nobody including the government cares.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:31:59 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2020, 03:41:15 AM »
We don't have such a thing in France.
We have the compensatory alimony, a capital that should be paid after the divorce.
The spousal support while waiting the divorce to been achieved.
The reversion pension WHEN YOU ARE DEAD, this is a fraction of the pension after you have left the workforce  (55%) given to the ex spouse and shared bewteen the different ex spouses to make it simple.

Nowadays 93% of women have the benefit of reversion's pension. 
Why not, but why men, dying 7 years before women enjoy almost 50% of time pension less than women, why their retirment time  from the workforce don't happen 7 years before women ? An other inequality never discussed. And above all it is reproched to the men to earn more. Partially because they almost all perform outdoors job, the most dangerous. But finally women at the end are quite happy that they become dead meat as 93% of the time the get good money from the well hung dead in France.

So if I resume it would have been better for Max to divorce before she could claims any right on her SS pension. Better for him to divorce to protect himself rather than waiting her to divorce and screw up a man getting older and forcing him to emigrate in a low cost country.THAT's absolutely disgusting for me, I want to vomit, and all those "put the name you like" are proud of this system?
Is this the new feminism, a new world of a rearranging domination where the roles are simply reversed with the blessing of the law ? What a beautiful new world !

I do not but I know I can't change it. For me it is like the serenity prayer:

God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.

There are somethings I try not to think about. But have to, to keep bad things from happening to me.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:35:15 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2020, 04:30:08 AM »
Maxx-

One night during the holiday period while having dinner with our folks, you came to mind. There had been this restaurant crazed in LA for a good while now. It even have a massive appeal to millennials as they represent a great deal of the eating patrons in these establishments (you have no idea who difficult it is to compete with smart phones for millennials approval much less attention these days). Wherever you go. which ever restaurant it is, these places are always packed.

I took the crew out to a Korean Barbeque.

Now I relate this experience with you because a) Our crew consisted of wifey's sister (lives in Germany/Turkey) and BIL (married to sis, Turk, 1st time in LA), SIL from Canada, nephew, my brother and wife (Christian Lebanese)+ kid, my BFF and son - thus this isn't just an 'American' traditional influence; b) the seemingly 'easy' way to a successful restaurant biz...

1. The menu isn't compose of tens of varieties of cooked/prepared entrees..Korean Barbeque restaurants is an 'all-you-can-eat' deal consisting of roughly 3-6 different combinations. Dessert, the drinks..
2. The staple is very easy and is readily available anywhere in the world - meat. 'Combinations have 5-6 different kinds and your set. As long as it can be sliced then frozen - you're set as you can serve them 'frozen'. Some do marinate the meat, but that can be an option for you. You'll compliment this with Korean sauces (mustard/ponzu/sweet soy sauce) and varying types of Kim Chi. fresh vegies, seaweed, salt/pepper, maybe miso or some easy to make soup. The only thing you'll need to remember is never mix serve anything 'Chinese' to a Korean/Japanese dinner serving.

These restaurants in LA right now is literally 'fail safe'. VERY cheap to start and people will not only love the food, they'll embrace the ambiance and setup.

(Mind you, just throwing out an idea out there for you, ok?)

I watched the video.

I appreciate everyones ideas. Even the cautionary ones because they help me understand where I might need to keep my guard up.

All-you-can-eat has been on my mind for the last few years. One thing I've noticed is how niggardly the restaurants are here to portion sizes even of inexpensive food (Rice and wheat products). In my opinion the business people here are not so smart. They have little imagination about things that might bring them additional business.

Back in 2018 I had the idea of replicating a successful restaurant chain. The owner, Peter, was a Chinese-American businessman. We were friendly acquaintances. Fellow businessmen often respect each other. Peter's restaurant is called the Rose Garden had a "buffet" from 11 to 2.  It was always packed. He has 2  restaurants .maybe a third all modeled off his idea. http://www.rosegardencr.com/coonrapids.html

What they did different was the all-you-can-eat was brought out in glass bowls and the servers would go from table to table. The food fresh off the kitchen wok and still steaming. The soft drinks were in cans and at room temperature. The glasses came with crushed ice. That tended to dilute the drinks with water. I thought refrigerated soft drinks with glasses of ice cubes would be much better but Peter had made that choice. A lot of people here (Georgia) do not like cold drinks.

One of the things we haven't checked yet is the cost of a soft drink machine. Or the cost of the beverage. I know the refrigerators are given out as free for their advertisement and the promise of buying more of their product.

There are three refrigerators outside of a store I used to go to. The store closed which as a little sad for me because the cashier and I were hitting it off. She was so good looking!

Anyway if the price isn't too expensive I'll do what they do in the States, free refills. And maybe courteous cups with lids They just do not do that here. I'll have to do what Chipotle does, an extra meat charge and a guacamole charge. Avocados are unfortunately seasonal here. Turkey, which is 8 miles from me, is trying to change that though. 

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:40:00 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

Taxes, Taxes, Taxes
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2020, 05:23:49 AM »

From the government center and our Ukrainian restauranteur.

There are 5 types of taxes here. Income tax, import tax, employee tax, rent tax and 1% tax on cash flow.

There is a tax status for businessmen called Individual Entrepreneur. I costs about $25 to get it and a 4 day wait. Every Lari the businessman receives is to be run through a cash register that has an online connection to a bank and to their Revenue Department. 1% of the first 100,000 Lari (GEL) is automatically deducted. 100,000 GEL is $34,482. So your first $34,482 is taxed at 1% ($344.82).

If you exceed 100,000 GEL you get bumped into the 18% higher income tax bracket on earnings above this. Very few people here make that kind of money.

There is a 20% employee tax to be paid to the Revenue Department. Tax laws here are not criminalized like they are in the States. People do not get arrested for cheating on their taxes. Not reporting income is very, very common. Often times employees receive 2 incomes, official and money under the table. It is a way for them to avoid paying more taxes.

The final tax is the 20% rent tax. When applying for a business license the rent documents, the lease, is shown. Then once a month 20% of the rent is to be sent to the Revenue Department. Often with the lease, like the employee's pay, games are played.

Like in the States, taxes are something employees rarely worry about. Like in the States it is only the business owners that need to be concerned. But I am told few do as things are rather slack as far as tax enforcement.

The nice thing about Georgia's business environment is there is no need to keep receipts and hire bookkeepers. Poor countries cannot afford such "luxuries".

AND there is no sales tax. No property tax. GQ, could you tell us how high California's sales, income and property taxes are?

But, there is an import tax of 18% on products exceeding 300 GEL ($100). Zero % if under that amount. To avoid paying the import tax people get multiple accounts to have their import products shipped to or use their friends' accounts.  Everyone knows this. Tax avoidance is a part of life here.

My estimate of monthly taxes I will pay on this business is about $150.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 06:10:14 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2020, 05:47:58 AM »

Orange tree with fruit and snick (snow) on the ground.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2020, 08:46:56 AM »

Working around Ilona my employee can be rather distracting

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: Taxes, Taxes, Taxes
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2020, 08:55:49 AM »
...AND there is no sales tax. No property tax. GQ, could you tell us how high California's sales, income and property taxes are?

But, there is an import tax of 18% on products exceeding 300 GEL ($100). Zero % if under that amount. To avoid paying the import tax people get multiple accounts to have their import products shipped to or use their friends' accounts.  Everyone knows this. Tax avoidance is a part of life here.

My estimate of monthly taxes I will pay on this business is about $150.

Well, you do know of course State is not the only one that sucks up monies from people and businesses, right? The Feds of course, shares in the loot. It appears, based on what I'm reading from your post, Georgia at least have only one loot center.

But having said that, I'll brush over your Q. We'll exclude any/all FLM (Federal Looting Machination).

California tax system is higher than the national average, if not downright the highest taxed State. A lot of businesses had relocated to neighboring States like NV, AZ, NM and even the Long Horn State because of it. What keeps many still tempted to stay is the sheer fact California boast the highest combined economic engine in the nation. Even rivaling most nations globally. Bigger than that of Canada, IINM, if not comparable.

So anyway, Businesses Tax(es): There's 3 types of taxation - Corporate, AMT (Alt. Min. Tax) and Franchise Tax. Depending what 'type of business' determines which category you fall under e.g. Corporation, LLC, P-T (Pass-Through), S-Corp., etc..IINM, pass-through businesses are liable for double taxation. These taxation systems are all in Naty's wheelhouse. She's in what they refer to as FI (Financial Institution) department. She handles C-Corps, S-Corps, Banks, etc...Not very familiar in the details of these...

There are other things that (small) businesses get hit with. A.B. 5 (Assembly Bill No. 5) for example. A new policy state law, passed last summer and effective AO January 1, 2020; that affects transport companies which results in addition financial strain. Cost which ultimately goes to the general public. Gas Tax is another. For every gallon of gas, the State takes about $0.50+/- off it. Each year, retail gas consumption is in the range of 14-15 billion gallons. Now think of that a little bit. Literally Cal-Trans takes in $  7-almost 8 billion dollars every year!!! Then people like jone and fathertime goes out and voted for measure they absolutely know nothing about last election (NO on proposition 6)  and gave the State carte blanche to raise our gas tax even more anytime they please, unannounced, from now on. Cal-Trans takes in approximately 4 times Georgia's annual GDP.

Regulations - that's another dandy of a looting system. The last euro-stooge levied so much regulations against businesses causing the massive hiring of government employees and get them in Unions to regulate it. In short order, this was one of the nastier tactic he did to 'take from the alleged rich., It matters not if they're a small family-owned or start-up businesses. The silly 8 years only saw massive hiring of unqualified small demographic sector in our governments. Anyone in California can tell you the expanded hiring at any of our DMV, causing it to be even more inefficient. You'd think you're in a different country upon entering any DMV by the looks of the people working there. Now, one actually can pay an additional fee to make up for their inefficiencies and/or to circumvent it and handle it 'online'. Then add in ACA, yadayadayada whatever...one begins to understand the 'agenda'.

Sales Tax: Statewide, I think it's in the 6-7.5% baseline. Cities and/or Counties further assess their share of the loot. If that isn't enough, districts within those municipalities add in their additional local a$$essment charges. For example, L.A. charges a whopping 9.5%, yet within this, zip codes also determines exactly what the rate will ultimately be. While B.H. is at 9.5%, Long Beach I think had theirs raised to 10.25%. Last report I saw had California having the highest *combined* State and Local sales tax assessment.

Property Tax: General PT is still $10.00 per $1,000 value. Again, local municipalities determines final assessment. Some localities are assessed 1.25+%.

State Income Tax (add Local & SDI to that): State baseline rate is from 1-12.3%. Your AGI determines what tax rate you fall into. Once again, this is separate from Local, SDI assessment. Taps out at 12.3% but for anyone making over a $1 million/yr, an additional 1% is added and is slated for the cost of Mental Health care. It's California after all, you know. Crazies are considered handicapped and they get to roam around statewide on different social programs while they attend hundreds of protests in the middle of the work week and preach righteous bullshits against those who labored and earned their millions. You know, the usual whiny liberals, snowflakes, antifa, etc...

As for poor people like us, for example, since I get paid $8.23/hr, my year end AGI puts me in the 1% bracket. Wifey's salary is less than mine at $6.92/hr ( btw, based on her rapid accent in her career, she can and will easily surpassed me soon enough), and had she been a single tax filer, not only will she be in the 1 percenter, she may even get some state credits or be entitled in some stupid loser social entitlements. Yes, she's also a loser like me. She's a 'salaried' Californian. Works so much she never have time to bask in the sun, man. Poor thing..Our combined AGI places us at about maybe in the 2-3% bracket I would guess, eh. Really tough for us living comfortably in the heart of all the glitz and bling of Hollywood in this regard. Still baffles me how we managed to make ends meet every year, man.

But don't get me wrong, as bad as the above may seem on the surface, many of it is just. It can get ridiculous and worst. like getting duped and robbed taxed for one's personal gain like this.

Maxx, I can understand pensioners like yourself making ends meet in places like Mejico, So. America and or even where you are, Georgia. It is when you read *alleged financially successful* idiots making do in oppressed or economically challenged regions, while perpetually pretending living large, the optics just doesn't fit the frame, know I mean?

Anyway- going back to my initial post i.e. Korean Barbeque, I hope you'd really consider. Food cost percentage is absurdly low in comparison. Minimal food preparation since patrons does all the 'cooking'. Minimal food waste since the main entry is either frozen or marinated. Readily available and easy to supply staples like meat and vegetables. Kim Chis are very easy to prepare and keep fresh. The only thing you'll 'cook' is either rice and or maybe soup. Which culture doesn't enjoy a good sitting of barbeque and beers/drinks?

Lastly dude, please, as for the uninvited, annoying outside noise, I hope I don't need to remind you the phrase: *fool on you once, shame on that scumbag - fool on you twice - will only make you a blaring sorry SOB and an idiot*. Loneliness sometimes can make people like you very vulnerable. Once people show you their true character, don't let it bite your ass again. Watch your 6, man. Never let a beast enter your home - twice.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:53:47 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »
Warning slightly off topic:

There is a Georgian word "shemomedjamo"

You know when you’re full, but your food is so tasty you keep
eating it? "Shemomedjamo" means “I accidentally ate the whole thing."

Mostly off topic continued.

Georgian word Zeg means the day after tomorrow.

Sansvla and chama are the Georgian words for eat.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:26:45 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2020, 11:40:18 AM »
"Shemomedjamo" means “I accidentally ate the whole thing."

TV commercial a hundred years ago for a stomach antacid:

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!"

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »

Got the keys. The rent is $500 a month. Four businesses down is 'The Irish Bar". A lot of Western tourists go there. Two businesses down is an Indian restaurant.  I am going to try to sell tourist agencies the idea of coming to my Tex-Mex restaurant.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:31:17 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2020, 10:04:32 PM »

Looks like a cozy place. Not a lot of room on the sidewalk for outdoor tables though. Now you need a sign or someone to draw up the restaurant name in fancy lettering on the window "Maxx's Wet and Wild in Your Face Tex Mex Food and Marriage Agency". Not everybody walking down the sidewalk is looking for food. Some look for marriage.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2020, 10:39:34 PM »
Looks like a cozy place. Not a lot of room on the sidewalk for outdoor tables though. Now you need a sign or someone to draw up the restaurant name in fancy lettering on the window "Maxx's Wet and Wild in Your Face Tex Mex Food and Marriage Agency". Not everybody walking down the sidewalk is looking for food. Some look for marriage.

Thanks Billy! You give me such good ideas!

Worse comes to worse I can turn it into an apartment. 

I am really excited by the walls. It is like it was meant to be a Tex-Mex restaurant.

Offline jone

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2020, 11:02:33 PM »
Great choice, Maxx.   

Now come the fixtures.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2020, 03:46:31 AM »
Great choice, Maxx.   

Now come the fixtures.

We are figuring the furniture. Chairs will be our biggest expense. The tables can be custom made from the unstained wooden table tops sold at Georgeia "Home Depot" type of store here. I am thinking a redwood stain to match the brick wall. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »

We are figuring the furniture. Chairs will be our biggest expense. The tables can be custom made from the unstained wooden table tops sold at Georgeia "Home Depot" type of store here. I am thinking a redwood stain to match the brick wall.

I'm not sure redwood will go good with the tan and grey stones on the wall. Talk to an interior decorator. Also important is you keep the Tex Mex theme to give your restaurant character that's authentic. Hang some old Wild West items, pictures, and sombreros on the wall if allowed.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2020, 09:31:44 AM »

I do not but I know I can't change it. For me it is like the serenity prayer:

God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.

There are somethings I try not to think about. But have to, to keep bad things from happening to me.

You are a wise man Maxx,I wish you the best for this new project.you have a lot of courage.

Udachi.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2020, 11:42:15 PM »

You are a wise man Maxx,I wish you the best for this new project.you have a lot of courage.

Udachi.

Thanks Pat

Where the business currently stands is this. It is being decided whether to start it or not. The place I rented is for two months. During that time we are investigating the prices of the kitchen equipment et cetera. The reason we didn't do it before is because we didn't know what we will need based on the place we would get.

What is this? Chalk to draw on the floor to determine the size and shape of the things we will need to get. In Tbilisi there is a warehouse of good used restaurant equipment. There is a Turkish law that requires restaurants to get all new equipment, tables etc. ever 5 years. I'll be going there soon and check it out.

Starting in April we will get a lease. This is necessary to get a business license. The idea is to see how this restaurant goes for a few months and if it doesn't then I will shut it down and convert it into an apartment. The apartment upstairs is available at $700 a month. This one is at $500. The risk I am taking is about $5000-$7000 of savings. Life is a gamble and this is one for me. We'll see how it goes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 11:51:15 PM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541271
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2956