It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Krakow & Lviv tour  (Read 78617 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Krakow & Lviv tour
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2018, 11:35:36 PM »
Nope, not at all..
I was in Chernigov for a weekend where I had a train-wreck of a date with a woman who liked to "honey trap" guys.. with all my experience I still feel like a fool and went to see her. However I ditched her the first evening after I found out she was engaged, had a child and this was only a way to "extract" cash, her b/f even drove the "taxi".

I went on Tinder, contacted a few in the right age-group and set up 4 dates that same night.  I was then approached by another 5-6 girls (yes girls) that was a bit out of my comfortzone age wise. I did meet one of them for a brief coffee, but it was pretty obvious early, not my cup of tea. Yet we had a nice chat and she was a great sweet young lady, but too young for me.

Chernigov has a population of about ~300 000 and had I stayed longer I could have had 2-3 dates per day if I wanted.
Or I could have had sex 24/7 with very young, very beautiful girls, for a ´very' small cash advance, that was the downside with Tinder I thought..

Possibly in towns where the women are desperate to get out or get their hands on some money smaller towns may work. Here in Lviv the women may have other options/better lifestyle.

Either that or your a male model or a pic of you sat in a sports car.

Maybe they find me ugly or something. I mean I no male model  but generally regarded myself as at least an average. In my tinder photo I'm not wearing my glasses so it can't be that. I'm not fat not muscular and I'm about 6ft tall. Though in my tinder profile it's just a couple of head shots. That's about it really.

I think it's sounds like your more able of the chatting to  women front than me. That or there is something else about you that appeals to them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Nightwish

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 12:12:16 AM »
Possibly in towns where the women are desperate to get out or get their hands on some money smaller towns may work. Here in Lviv the women may have other options/better lifestyle.

Either that or your a male model or a pic of you sat in a sports car.
Njet, neither a model or own a sportcar (or pretending to own one)

I can't tell you why I often get good respons, yeah sure I look handsome and serious (according to the ladies) and my info/profile tells that story as well. But I have never pretending to be someone else then just me in any way.
Maybe they find me ugly or something. I mean I no male model  but generally regarded myself as at least an average. In my tinder photo I'm not wearing my glasses so it can't be that. I'm not fat not muscular and I'm about 6ft tall. Though in my tinder profile it's just a couple of head shots. That's about it really.

I think it's sounds like your more able of the chatting to  women front than me. That or there is something else about you that appeals to them.
yes I would think so too, and that is exactly what I am telling you, this was not a gift from god, this was hard earned by practice, over and over again.
Many "njet angliyskiy" or simply "Njet" with a look like I just asked her to eat a turd, but also many nice conversations about life, future, the past or present.

You are a tourist, use that, ask around for everything, what to do, what to eat, where to eat, where to find local specialties, what is the best restaurant, but focus on asking pretty ladies that looks interesting to you and try and strike up a conversation.

I found many ladies were quite happy to just practice English for a few minutes or so, but every few minutes you get to talk to a woman, is experience, and you need to get just that.. 

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2018, 02:26:32 AM »
Well, the lady flaked on me. I'm not too bothered as from her photo, etc I get the impression she would unlikely have been the one for me. I sent her a load of short messages to which she eventually replied that she was sorry she wanted to tell me earlier that she could not make it but didn't have my number. This is bs as she could have contacted me at the start of my messages so I was there & messaged for a good 40 minutes or so before she contacted me back on Viber. We are also on the dating website. I think she just got too nervous. I don't mind and was cool with her about it, to be honest I was a little nervous too. I think the main problem with many of these girls is that they do not feel comfortable meeting a guy on the hoof. I think I would have been better opening up a normal conversation on the dating sites rather than saying 'hey I'm here for you want to come and meet up' with them only knowing what is written in my dating profile about me.

I think the strategy is alright of calling them up on the hoof if their is no chemistry with the visit one as no point continuing if no chemistry there anyway so I see why 2tallbill did that. As someone said not so much ruthless as practicality. Perhaps it's easier in a bigger city to call them up on the fly or for certain people it works. I think though like said it's more a case of starting a conversation like you were at home then later telling them you can meet up there & then. I think luck plays a part also no doubt.

Well I shall persevere here and see if any girls walk by and show the required interest. Then if so hopefully get my rear into gear. I think I am learning nonetheless.

To be honest with you guys and one of you already knows this I had a chance encounter with a lady early on in the week on the trip to Lviv. She seemed to be very close to me quite quickly. I'm certain she liked me and she is on Viber also. She knows very little English though and is a couple of years older than me. Possibly she may be married or considered me too young/foreign but she seemed magnetically close/attracted to me. My means of checking her out seem to be restricted out here and I don't think she has understood my English message I sent her on Viber. So I will have to follow up & see with her when I get back.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2018, 04:37:11 AM »
Well no joy as yet, I think any PUA is going to be sporadic on the right girl popping up so maybe, today, tommorrow or when ever. I've at least now got a line rehersed to come out with as usually I am left floundering as what to say. I will probably pop out later and generally just enjoy what I can of the place.

On the way back I passed a pregnant lady by a Church in the old town, she was walking around with hand out begging any passers buy for change, she snapped her fingers at me as I passed as if demanding it so. I guess even here like the rest of Ukraine the society is not kind to pregnant single ladies.

Oh, on the Fdating 4 women have looked at my profile (including the concert loving woman) and on Mamba 5 people have looked at my profile. Plus 1 for the woman from the other dating website that did'nt turn up today. So that is 10 in total, tough one I didn't write to and just posted her of a quick message now.

Looks like the others just don't bother checking into their profiles as been so long. It also loooks as though its limited here for women that regularly check into their profile because of the size of the city. Still looks like the sam holds true though that either she messages you first as she is interested or you need to mass spam a lot of women to get to the ones that take an interest in your profile from how I now see it.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 05:31:19 AM »
This is an amazing trip report!

Very long on assumptions on why the hero is not meeting women as well as various theories and excuses.

Though rather short on actual expierences, like I visited this museum or ate at this place. Have you even walked around L'viv? Have you seen the Opera House or the BDSM cafe~museum?

If there is a way to NOT to do this endeavor I nominate as the poster child or milk carton image Trenchcoat.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 06:18:38 AM »
 Have you tried Dmnotify? I signed up a few weeks ago and received approx 15  messages in the first few days.

I'm back to square 1 again. Things cooled off with the woman I've been talking to, only chatting once a week now. Yesterday she admit ted what I suspected for a while, her ex won't let her young daughter move to another country, but we are still meeting in September.

I decided to date locally in the meantime and have a date lined up this weekend. Here's a tip Trench, don't wait for a woman to show interest, before you approach her.... It's not a night club where women are actively trying to catch your eye. I met my date in a cafe while having dinner with my friends. I literally imposed on her and sat at her table, with no invitation. I gave her no choice but to talk with me and after a few minutes we were friends on face book.

It's all about confidence and positive body language. I can tell you I'm not the most attractive specimen atm, after months of inactivity due to an injury, but with the right approach it's easy. You don't need pick up lines or rehearse what you're going to say..... All I said to this woman below was "Excuse me, you caught my eye, I have to introduce myself".... Keep it simple and to the point.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:45:43 AM by Davo2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 07:05:36 AM »
Thanks Davo, funny that line is similar to my pick up line. I looked on YouTube last night and strayed across a PUA guy that for once wasn't the exhuberant types you normally get on there but a more down to earth straight forward guy. Even still I rehearse it as simple as it is as I don't wish to be left high & dry as I'm not at all socially skilled on the intro side of things.

Well, turns out that girl I messaged last has messaged me back so I've responded back. Looks like I probably made a real pig's ear of my strategy by telling them direct when I was here that I'm already here so I could date when called upon. Looks like I would have been better keeping that to myself like with this one and just doing the usual online dating repotoire, 'hello how are you' etc. It looks like you get there faster sooner like that. I'm guessing otherwise the women think they are second choice because your date has bombed or they are going to be one of many different don't like it. Anyway will see how it goes.

I think with your FSW Davo it sounds like it may be lining itself up for a potential 'you pay of the husband' so he lets her take the kid out of the country' It's kind of what puts me off women with children as it can be yet another way to get stumped.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 07:18:04 AM »
Oh yeah, dmnnotify is a possibility still as is Ukrainedate. I basically hit all the free dating websites first, so they still remain. Probably about a page of women that log on regularly on both with dmnnotify being the more expensive one. Sometimes you see girls that turn up on both a paid for dating site & a free daring site. Hence why I hit the free ones first ;)

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2018, 07:24:04 AM »
Trenchcoat, Have you been on the streets, a museum a coffee shop went for a walk outside?

Stop posting and hit the streets.

Talk to the pretty women around the old center.

Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Davo2

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2018, 08:01:00 AM »
I think with your FSW Davo it sounds like it may be lining itself up for a potential 'you pay of the husband' so he lets her take the kid out of the country' It's kind of what puts me off women with children as it can be yet another way to get stumped.

No not the case. I spent 18 months encouraging her to reunite her children, who were estranged from their father ( the reason we started chatting ) and it worked too well. He has a great relationship with them now and as a father myself, I wouldn't want my kids to move away either.

She would never ask for me to pay what's basically a bribe, she has a pretty high sense of morals, she even refused to allow me to reimburse her for her failed visa as I've "been more than generous"

I chalk it up to not meeting sooner, like I was advised to do. The fathers improving relationship with his daughter and the influence of a friend who's  relationship with a foreign man recently failed..... Who  knows, it might work out, but I've decided to have a back up plan if I'm traveling half way around the world for what might turn out to be a coffee date as friends.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2018, 08:11:10 AM »
It is good to see you're out and about again Trench. I'm normally not inclined to comment on a TR until much later in the trip, for the off chance that I might influence the outcome, or jinx it.

Regardless of how your trip has progressed, I have had much admiration for your can-do spirit for embarking upon this ambitious trip out in the open with as someone said it, "boots on the ground". Many may have imagined, but not many can say they've actually gone and done it, unhindered by past experiences.

That said, I have read the story of your trip thus far, and the essence of it seems to point towards the case that perhaps you do not seem to be sure of what kind of woman exactly, that you're searching for. That I largely agree with many posters here.

I myself have thought of heading straight into the FSU many times, thrusting myself deep into the hearts of cities, towns and villages to scout for women on the ground but thought the proposition too risky for my liking. Not least because vetting the lass for any potential red flags would've had to be done on the ground too. A much more labour-intensive task than say Skype!

From my own perspective, I've always treated my search for my woman as a kind of recruitment process. In your case, a recruitment for future Mrs. Trenchy, someone who you can respect, trust, love and share your world with.

Once your trip comes to a finish, I think perhaps it might serve you well, to sit down, and reflect deeply upon yourself, and rank by decreasing priority, the qualities that are of utmost importance in the women you are looking for as potential wife material. Then figure out where these women are, what age they may be, what they usually desire and then, seek out accordingly.

Is it educational attainment and raw intelligence? Perhaps it is the Universities, public libraries, intellectual societies, one should get involved with. Or is it athleticism? Perhaps one should attend a yoga class, go on marathons, etc. Or is it affinity for children? Perhaps one can get involved in education groups, teacher associations, etc. Or is it love of nature? Then perhaps one might be best served going on safari trips, etc.

There are millions upon millions of FSU women of a decent marriageable age to filter through and I think it is fair to say, we as wife-seekers have limited time. None would've been able to go through millions of women, much less a million.

As with any recruitment process, I think one should strive towards making the most out of the dating tools available to him. Internet-dating? Skype? Penpals? Enthusiast groups? Chance meetings? Why not do all and spread the net far and wide? Why only cold-approaches?

Like any recruitment process, I would filter out those who do not meet my criteria. If they do not, then into the bin their CVs go. It could be the mere fact that she has tattoos, which may imply she's not very conservative. Granted, one would miss out on many good women and would always wonder what could've been but again, one has limited time. It is the same reason employers have a cut-off grade for fresh graduates whom they would at least interview as potential employees. Sure, they would have missed out on many amazing prospects but a certain amount of people is all they need to fill their needs. In our case, things couldn't be simpler, as we only need one, just one person to earn the privilege to be wife.

Granted, a certain period of time needs to pass to see if there is "chemistry" with the lass (I call this common ground) upon which a relationship may blossom, I personally think I wouldn't have wasted much time with those who are seemingly wishy-washy, or not serious as all, especially if there was a self-imposed deadline to find future wife. I think too often we tend to give women a free pass.

Still, at the end of the day, as with any search, I guess there is always an element of luck to it. I am however, inclined to think the more planning and effort we put in, the luckier we get.

I think the UK is the graveyard of Polish marriages. Of the 2 Polist guys I know from work both have ended up in divorce since coming to the UK begging the question is that extra money really worth it. Even I would agree with them that the bad ways inherent in English society is best avoided if possible.

Just my opinion. I'll focus on finding the woman first, before worrying about the longevity of the relationship, much less marriage and divorce down the road.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:55:04 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline BillyB

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
I think she just got too nervous. I don't mind and was cool with her about it, to be honest I was a little nervous too. I think the main problem with many of these girls is that they do not feel comfortable meeting a guy on the hoof.

Trench, if a girl thinks you're a winner, she'll meet you anywhere on the hoof. You being nervous is a turnoff for most women. At your age, it shouldn't be happening anymore. Confidence = Sexy. Nervous = Ugly. Don't be ugly when you're talking to women.

Have you tried Dmnotify? I signed up a few weeks ago and received approx 15  messages in the first few days.

Keep in mind, dating sites that charge money want you to have a reason to keep spending money. Some, most or all of those contacting you may not be real women interested in you.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:07:42 AM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »
Trenchcoat, Have you been on the streets, a museum a coffee shop went for a walk outside?

Stop posting and hit the streets.

Talk to the pretty women around the old center.

Yes of course I have, I have been in the Ethnology  Museum - kind of a let down as just random artifacts from other societies thrown together with little comparison never mind to Ukrainian society. I've been to the historical building museum - best bit was the pretty arch tiered Italian courtyard :) Otherwise little else worth seeing there, a few artifacts in rooms. I went the boredelli palace (or however it's spelled) house a couple of doors along, it had a rather friendly (and very large!) Babushka (Babushia) lady on the first floor she was very different to most of the museum staff in that she was chirpy and spoke good English. I've also eaten/drank out in various places and visited supermarkets.

I've also climbed up to the high tower lookout point and looked all across Lviv to the residential tower blocks in the distance. I've also gone in the tourist information office twice. Once to help me resolve a problem I shall tell you about in due course (since it us quite lengthy) and fortunately they had a girl on who spoke good English. The second time I visited Tourist Information to find out what to do around Lviv but neither staff spoke any English really that were on that time lol. So I bought a couple of Tourist Info guides there and picked up a couple of free leaflets in English. The guides are good one is on Lviv, about the right size with lots of pictures and not toO much writing. The other one is on Ukraine itself and I thought a good overview of Ukrainian culture all wrapped up into one handy book. Usually I just look up stuff on the Internet for free but these two guide books were very handy I thought that justified buying them. I will post up pics of them here when I get back, well I'll try to.

There was a girl in a supermarket on the checkout who seemed to be checking me out :D However, as soon as someone turned up to be served she switched back into the default sadistic look they all seem to have. I queued up to be served by her but I think the moment she discovered I knew no Russian or Ukrainian and she appeared to know no English all appeared lost there and she gave me no positive emotion whatsoever.

There aren't that my people that speak good English here in Lviv. I would say about perhaps 10-15 percent of the population. It's not pitifully low but it's a bit of a problem as even some of the girls on the foreign dating sites seem only moderate on it. Some seem to know German quite well here, a fair few better than the know English. I went in one of the shops and one of the Babushka type cashiers tried communicating in German, in at least one of the Museums as well. I  still can speak the odd spattering of German but am quite rusty at it and only really ever attained basic level on the first place. So it seems German here is known at least on a par if not more so than English.

It's why I've decided to learn Russian better when I get back. I will get hold of a tutor, online maybe and learn it better. For me as a UK guy rather than US and not needing to pour 100 percent of my energies into work or study I think putting a little time aside could pay dividends for me :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »
Trench, if a girl thinks you're a winner, she'll meet you anywhere on the hoof. You being nervous is a turnoff for most women. At your age, it shouldn't be happening anymore. Confidence = Sexy. Nervous = Ugly. Don't be ugly when you're talking to women.

Keep in mind, dating sites that charge money want you to have a reason to keep spending money. Some, most or all of those contacting you may not be real women interested in you.

Well she wouldn't have known I had a few slight nerves as we never met and when waiting I just stood there and tried to look relaxed which I pretty much was. It was a nice sunny day and pleasing to be outside. I just think she wasnt the right one. That and I noticed several hours later that she looked at my last message again 'a few minutes ago'. I'm pretty certain that because we hadn't Skyped etc beforehand she had gotten way more nervous than me and so decided to do a no show. I just kept it amicable in the messages and said it's ok for us to leave it at that sort of thing as I see nothing to gain in doing anything otherwise to a meeting where we weren't probably right for each other anyway.

The dating sites that charge money (monthly) I'm nothinking going to bother with. The dmnnotify has only 3 women I would be interested in and they are either on a while ago, not a high reply rate and one has a pic of her in some classical concert hall - so not a good sign for yours truly, lol. Ukraine date doesn't have that many that have been on recently and few of them take my fancy so again not really worth it. I would only be doing a month in either event but like you csay some fakes though I've found fakes on Mamba as well so I think its just a general problem like scammers unless with PPL where it's all goes through the roof on both.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2018, 10:58:42 AM »
It is good to see you're out and about again Trench. I'm normally not inclined to comment on a TR until much later in the trip, for the off chance that I might influence the outcome, or jinx it.

Regardless of how your trip has progressed, I have had much admiration for your can-do spirit for embarking upon this ambitious trip out in the open with as someone said it, "boots on the ground". Many may have imagined, but not many can say they've actually gone and done it, unhindered by past experiences.

That said, I have read the story of your trip thus far, and the essence of it seems to point towards the case that perhaps you do not seem to be sure of what kind of woman exactly, that you're searching for. That I largely agree with many posters here.

I myself have thought of heading straight into the FSU many times, thrusting myself deep into the hearts of cities, towns and villages to scout for women on the ground but thought the proposition too risky for my liking. Not least because vetting the lass for any potential red flags would've had to be done on the ground too. A much more labour-intensive task than say Skype!

From my own perspective, I've always treated my search for my woman as a kind of recruitment process. In your case, a recruitment for future Mrs. Trenchy, someone who you can respect, trust, love and share your world with.

Once your trip comes to a finish, I think perhaps it might serve you well, to sit down, and reflect deeply upon yourself, and rank by decreasing priority, the qualities that are of utmost importance in the women you are looking for as potential wife material. Then figure out where these women are, what age they may be, what they usually desire and then, seek out accordingly.

Is it educational attainment and raw intelligence? Perhaps it is the Universities, public libraries, intellectual societies, one should get involved with. Or is it athleticism? Perhaps one should attend a yoga class, go on marathons, etc. Or is it affinity for children? Perhaps one can get involved in education groups, teacher associations, etc. Or is it love of nature? Then perhaps one might be best served going on safari trips, etc.

There are millions upon millions of FSU women of a decent marriageable age to filter through and I think it is fair to say, we as wife-seekers have limited time. None would've been able to go through millions of women, much less a million.

As with any recruitment process, I think one should strive towards making the most out of the dating tools available to him. Internet-dating? Skype? Penpals? Enthusiast groups? Chance meetings? Why not do all and spread the net far and wide? Why only cold-approaches?

Like any recruitment process, I would filter out those who do not meet my criteria. If they do not, then into the bin their CVs go. It could be the mere fact that she has tattoos, which may imply she's not very conservative. Granted, one would miss out on many good women and would always wonder what could've been but again, one has limited time. It is the same reason employers have a cut-off grade for fresh graduates whom they would at least interview as potential employees. Sure, they would have missed out on many amazing prospects but a certain amount of people is all they need to fill their needs. In our case, things couldn't be simpler, as we only need one, just one person to earn the privilege to be wife.

Granted, a certain period of time needs to pass to see if there is "chemistry" with the lass (I call this common ground) upon which a relationship may blossom, I personally think I wouldn't have wasted much time with those who are seemingly wishy-washy, or not serious as all, especially if there was a self-imposed deadline to find future wife. I think too often we tend to give women a free pass.

Still, at the end of the day, as with any search, I guess there is always an element of luck to it. I am however, inclined to think the more planning and effort we put in, the luckier we get.

Just my opinion. I'll focus on finding the woman first, before worrying about the longevity of the relationship, much less marriage and divorce down the road.

Hi Kyn, thanks for the input :) Well its something 2tallbill has brought up with me in the past to note down a personal criteria. There is a criteria, but its not really written down, or if I did its not refered to on a point by point basis as I go through the girls, I'm not that scientific ;) What basically happens when I bring up the girls is firstly, look at her face and ask myself, is this my type of girl? would she go well with me? is she the type I may be likely to find attractive? and could I see her as a miss Trench?

I generally don't go for the page 3 'Jordan' lookalike phoney looking girls. I generally like them thinish, clean looking, girly looking, authentic looking, often long straight hair but not universally and also a face that appeals to me.

secondly, I look at other aspects of her pics & profile, what sort of interest/hobbies she has - if she looks a very concert person its a big minus for her, if its art I don't mind though I'm again no big art enthusiast, if its athletic well I don't mind a little but if its obsessive I am not going to be able to keep up with her.

So I don't mind museums, visiting places, dining out, parks, even a little beach, etc. I would prefer the girl to be generic rather than hard core into something that I'm not. I also dont have any problem if she has an academic area of study, if its anywhere near my acaademic interests then all is good but in general if she has an academic interest then at least I can apprieiate it as something she likes to delve into.

dress wise while I am willing to accept most things I really feel that girls that like to dress girly in skirts & dresses are more on a par with me, not always but perhaps more so.

I find girls with big tattoos arent usually for me and a big downer, smoking is a downer too. I dont mind if she drinks alcohol though prefer it is not beer/lager though will give a bit on some of the criteria if the girl seems to generally be hitting the mark. A bit like in recruitment if someone doesnt have one thing but they have something else and could attain along the way the something they don't have but overal are right for the job.

I met a girl earlier in the week who seemed to hit the mark, its a long story so I won't go into it now and like said still need to check out her backstory, etc. She unfortunately smoked, she spoke little English at first but my perseverance with my google app translator and speaking basic english I think helped her improve over the coursse of our several hours together. She might be married, though I got the impression she is single don't know why but I will check this out. For several hours we seemed to go around like husband and wife, many people probably no doubt thought we were, she even bought me a bottle of water despite me pressing to pay for the both of us as is custom in Ukraine (she seemed taken aback by this) so totally different attitude from the last girl. We exchanged phone numbers, problem is apart from not yet finding out if she is married that she is two years older than me, so while having children is theoretically still possible it is often extremely difficult from what I have read up even with IVF its still a low percentage chance of pregnancy each month. That is before you get to issues of miscarriage etc. So not an easy one, though if she turns out to be married or has a bf then its a no go anyway. She certainly seemed into me though :) I will tell you more when I've found out more.

So in any case I still need to press on and learn & do all I can here.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »

BillyB,

You are married and  Davo isn't ... He is using the dating site DMnotify more than you and *I* recommend it - although I always point out my info is five years old - as I found SC on there

ALL the ladies I talked to / met via the site were genuine - the way their biz model works - a scammer would have been booted off

So, was your 'advice' general or do you really have some bad experience of DMnotify ?

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2018, 11:58:17 AM »
L'viv, Is a great city!

If Trenchcoat is going to have any success he is going to get away from his device and get out on the streets.

Trenchy we want to hear your observations and impressions from L'viv. Not your excuses why things are not working out.

Have you had a good cup of coffee from Centaur have you seen the book market, and have you seen the Pinsel museum?

If you say no to any of the above, you have a mission, get going!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2018, 12:15:02 PM »
L'viv, Is a great city!

If Trenchcoat is going to have any success he is going to get away from his device and get out on the streets.

Trenchy we want to hear your observations and impressions from L'viv. Not your excuses why things are not working out.

Have you had a good cup of coffee from Centaur have you seen the book market, and have you seen the Pinsel museum?

If you say no to any of the above, you have a mission, get going!

BD, Lviv is a great city and I am not stuck on my device. I get around and see stuff but at the sa me time my focud here is not so much tourism. A bit of tourism and being in a nice place was my fallback if it all went south.

During the day here I come back to mh apartment every now & then to cool off. It gets tiring walking around a lot and it is hot out. I reciprocate then go out again for a bit. I know getting to know the place and culture can pay dividends and I'm learning. However I would say the stuff you have put down is generally stuff that doesn't interest me, I'm not religious so small relihouse figurines is not really of any interest. I'm not really a book market sort of guy, etc. Yes I know the idea is to get out there interacting with people but if course  there are not lots of people that speak English. I am though grateful to be away from the huge American hordes of tourists in Krakow. This place has the feeling though that it's aways in danger of becoming the next Americanised Tourism outpost :( that would be a great shame. At the moment there are the odd brief few spattering here & there so that's fine.

I think if I need to explore this city much more than already then I would be best of in the hands of a local girl dating wise. I will push in and make what I can of all of this.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2018, 01:53:15 PM »
OK, there is some hope.

Trenchcoat I am also somewhat socially challenged.

Long ago in L'viv coming to the central square in mid winter I offered an arm to a babushka on the icy sidewalks. She was grateful but as we got close to the center square she would not let go. When we arrived at the monument, she had a long and loud conversation to her what turned out to be daughter.

I was confused and eventually a local explained that grandmother wondered why her daughter could not find a gentleman. Seize the opportunity - go for i!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 03:59:35 PM »

I found SC on there

I thought you found your wife on Mamba

BillyB,

You are married and  Davo isn't ... He is using the dating site DMnotify more than you and *I* recommend it

Maybe me being married is a sign I navigated through the dangerous waters of this endeavor. If Davo thinks 15 girls are going to write him first every few days based off his current experience, he's in a world of hurt. That's not realistic on any legitimate site. Many sites try to get the edge over competitors by giving the impression the girls are very active at their site.

Argue with the organizations below who talk about agency employees that write to men. I can't reason with you.

http://www.channel4.com/news/fools-for-love-how-one-internet-dating-firm-dupes-clients

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/feb/03/online-dating-protection-fraud

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-21366326

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110114/09203212668/matchcom-sued-over-deadfake-profiles.shtml

http://www.clg.org/Class-Action/List-of-Class-Actions/Yahoo-Personals-Dating-Class-Action

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/relevant/www.mate1.com
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2018, 04:34:48 PM »

Maybe me being married is a sign I navigated through the dangerous waters of this endeavor. If Davo thinks 15 girls are going to write him first every few days based off his current experience, he's in a world of hurt. That's not realistic on any legitimate site. Many sites try to get the edge over competitors by giving the impression the girls are very active at their site.

I agree with you Billy, there may be some non genuine women in there, but this isn't my first rodeo. I've spent a few years dating on local sites zoosk, pof, tinder etc... as well as some pretty dodgy sites where I didn't even have an active profile on and still got messages. There's quite a few scammers and non genuine sites locally also.

Due to my past I'm never going to he in a world of hurt again. I have a one strike rule and have walked away from  several local relationships due to this. I'm looking for a girl who has no red flags and I'm happy to stay single until I find her.

My experience so far on dmnotify has been  positive. 2 of the women who messaged suited my criteria and I also messaged 10 others, 8 replied and I'm now talking with 3 off site, as well as the 2 who initiated  contact.

Interestingly enough out of the 15, 12 had kids and most commented about the fact I have custody of mine. Throughout this journey it's been a common point that's attracted women. I'm searching for women in the  38-42 year range, with children, so despite my scepticism, maybe 15 messages isn't unusual, considering these women usually get looked over by the majority of men.

Edit... I'll also point out that some I had on my favourites list cannot be contacted as they are under review, so it shows the site is proactive in weeding out suspect women.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:55:01 PM by Davo2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2018, 12:15:23 AM »
When I started back on this endeavour a couple of years ago now I was on EM. After 2-3 months about almost half the girls I had been talking to had been removed because they were found to be dodgy. Granted they were mostly from the well known big cities in the FSU. Yes in part it is good that there is some active review/cleaning the site of dodgy profiles but it also shows that dodgy profiles are getting through in the first place and that is not good. Time & effort can be spent on the wrong girl, it may not be a lot but it all adds up. Plus worst case scenario something far worse happens.

Free sites are not immune to dodgy profiles either. I've found profiles on Mamba where a FSU model has been used taken off some roadside billboard in the FSU lol. Generally if there is just one photo on there be wary, if she looks like a model more so.

Another pet peeve of mine on internet dating sites are girls that exclusively wear sunglasses, hats & scarfs in all of their photo's. It looks ridiculous like their an undercover secret operative I don't know why they do it, I can't tell who the hell they are or whether they would appeal to me. I don't think all of these are fakes either just some women that don't understand that the man needs to see them. Some also wear those big awful almost puffer jacket type of winter coats that seem so popular out in the FSU. Again it completely masks their figure and often looks awful it's just a straight down tube like try have git stuck in an oversized toilet roll. Girls in hiking gear I'm also not a fan off it kind if looks scruffy and doesn't show the female figure if well.

Well anyway, one important point to note here is that my American flag t-shirt seems to be having little impact here in Lviv. I see no one else wearing any American flag t-shirts, none of the girls are so it was either just last year's fashion or it was more fashion specific to places like Odessa perhaps. Not being American it kind of feels a bit strange though I guess it's not really obvious American flag, it's a kind of blue relief rather than a formal rigid flag print.

Offline msmob

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2018, 12:33:53 AM »
I thought you found your wife on Mamba

IF I was looking for a hooker  ( or a date leading to a quick shag ) I'd try there or Tinder.....

Again, my info is 5 years out of date - but I had more than than 15/day when I first joined ...   I responded to them all - mostly declining further correspondence - the one's I DID correspond with / then later video-chatted were genuine. 

Argue with the organizations below who talk about agency employees that write to men. I can't reason with you.

BillyB posts lot's of links that don't prove dmnotify is a scam site - typical BillyB - makes a statement and obfuscates when HIS 'reasoning' is - rightfully- queried

In the mean time - it is noted you dodged the 'helping new members ' question ...

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:38:11 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2018, 12:35:34 AM »
When I started back on this endeavour a couple of years ago now I was on EM. After 2-3 months about almost half the girls I had been talking to had been removed because they were found to be dodgy.

...and how do you know their 'removal'' wasn't  voluntary ? ... 

[edited to add]

I see you are a fashion victim, too ;))

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2018, 12:57:03 AM »
...and how do you know their 'removal'' wasn't  voluntary ? ... 

[edited to add]

I see you are a fashion victim, too ;))

I know, lol

I got an email through from EM admin that their profile had been taken as it had been found or reasoanble suspicions had been raised that it was dodgy. I got many of these emails through.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2204
Total: 2213

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM