It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Life Continues  (Read 103130 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Life Continues
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2017, 08:20:47 PM »
Been getting fat off chocolate. Guy or girl who dropped flowers on my wife's windshield has since left three boxes/bars of chocolate. One of them was a Ukrainian Roshen chocolate bar. Guy or girl seems to be too shy disclosing who he/she is.

Billy, nice pic.

I confess that I have been leaving the chocolate; but have changed my mind . . . so please send all back to me.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2017, 11:43:12 AM »
I confess that I have been leaving the chocolate; but have changed my mind . . . so please send all back to me.

You can have what's left of the chocolate. Just have to know how to swim in my septic tank. And next time you leave chocolate on the windshield, use common sense and do it on cloudy and cool days. I don't like melted messy chocolate!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »
Got a tour of a crane a few weeks ago. Hell of a climb. I tried to talk wifey into going up. She almost agreed. Photos attached.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2017, 07:35:24 AM »
Wasn't there an elevator ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
Got a tour of a crane a few weeks ago. Hell of a climb. I tried to talk wifey into going up. She almost agreed. Photos attached.

Nice photos, BillyB!  But you're now banned for life by that company because you didn't comply with their safety regulations by being hooked on at all times while on an elevated work platform  :cluebat:  (and a $5 fine for not zipping up your hi-vis  :o).

Offline BillyB

« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2017, 06:07:44 PM »
Wasn't there an elevator ?

No elevator. The manufacturer of the crane was nice enough to provide a series of ladders.

Nice photos, BillyB!  But you're now banned for life by that company because you didn't comply with their safety regulations by being hooked on at all times while on an elevated work platform  :cluebat:  (and a $5 fine for not zipping up your hi-vis  :o).

As long as there is railing, I don't need to be tied off. Safety vest are required but it's not required to zip or button them up.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2017, 06:17:19 PM »
As long as there is railing, I don't need to be tied off.

Safety standards obviously differ between countries, as you DO need to be hooked on here.  What happens if there's a big gust of wind, or the floor or a railing of the platform collapses?  Goodbye BillyB!  :sad:

If safety inspectors caught someone NOT doing this, not only would they be up for large fines, but their employer would too.  Chances are that the company would possibly also be blacklisted by the industry - who wants a contractor working for them which doesn't insist on "safety first" from its staff?

Safety vest are required but it's not required to zip or button them up.

Keeping the hi-vis properly closed stops any chance of the jacket getting caught in machinery or wrapped around a stanchion (as examples).  We've had guys fined by inspectors for not doing up their jackets in hazardous areas.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2017, 09:28:37 PM »
Safety standards obviously differ between countries, as you DO need to be hooked on here.  What happens if there's a big gust of wind, or the floor or a railing of the platform collapses?  Goodbye BillyB!  :sad:

The railing on the crane meets safety standards. I bet a thousand pounds could lean on that railing and it not bend over. The railing is high enough to prevent people from getting blown over it. I've never heard of a guy getting blown off a crane but every few years I read about a crane toppling over.

What if in your country a 100 story building gets built and windows aren't yet installed? Every floor here gets railing before windows so workers on every floor can move without being tied off. If there are no railings, then every worker would need to be tied off which would hamper production. In the link below, this is how iron workers worked in 1932 New York. I've seen even today iron workers take chances walking on a beam without a harness and being tied off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206050/The-picture-proves-iconic-photograph-workers-eating-lunch-Rockefeller-beam-publicity-stunt.html

Offline ML

« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2017, 08:40:49 AM »
Mohawk indians famous for their work on tallest buildings.

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/04/150008075/fewer-tribal-ironworkers-reaching-for-the-sky

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2017, 06:01:19 PM »
The railing on the crane meets safety standards.

I never said it didn't.

I bet a thousand pounds could lean on that railing and it not bend over.

I'm sure you could.  But would A want you to do that?

The railing is high enough to prevent people from getting blown over it. I've never heard of a guy getting blown off a crane but every few years I read about a crane toppling over.

Nothing less than head-height is REALLY high enough to prevent someone being blown off in extreme circumstances.  The reason you haven't heard of guys getting blown off cranes is because they're always hooked on.  :D  As for cranes toppling over (with operators still on board), that's a scenario I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2017, 09:12:52 PM »
I never said it didn't.

I'm sure you could.  But would A want you to do that?

Nothing less than head-height is REALLY high enough to prevent someone being blown off in extreme circumstances.  The reason you haven't heard of guys getting blown off cranes is because they're always hooked on.  :D  As for cranes toppling over (with operators still on board), that's a scenario I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

There needs to be one safety feature that keeps people from falling out of an area. Wearing a harness and tying off or railing will keep people from falling. That is all that is required by state and federal law here. Implementing too many safety features will slow production, increase costs and cost of living. People working up high could wear a parachute but wearing too much gear will also increase their chances of having an accident in another fashion..

The worst accidents I've seen on jobs I've been on was a guy getting ran over by a forklift backing up and a get getting half buried by dirt in a trench. Both died. In the forest assisting loggers, I seen two guys get their skulls fractured. They survived but their brains will never be the same. My wife knows there are some risks that come with the job.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »
Just got back from a trip out that way Billy. We did touristy stuff, hiked olympic nat forest, went out to Cape flattery, whale watching etc, then hit Yellowstone on the drive back.
   Our little one loved it all.

I don't have much time anymore to hang out here but good to see you guys are doing well.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2017, 10:12:36 PM »
I don't have much time anymore to hang out here but good to see you guys are doing well.

Living life is a good thing. Glad you had fun on your recent trip. I've got mine but like to hang around here to help other guys get theirs.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »

You better watch out!
You better cry
You better pout
I'm telling you why
Immigration is coming to town!

A neighbor of mine married an Asian lady while she was here on a tourist visa. They are both in their sixties and been married almost a year. Two immigration officers showed up in a surprised visit to see if their marriage is happening. While they were in their house, they looked around for evidence and asked questions. They asked the Asian lady if she owned electronics and she said yes, a radio and tablet. They asked her where they were in the house and asked her to turn them on to see if it were truly hers. The couple passed the test.

I've been married over 5 years and never got a surprise visit. Anybody know of anyone else that had immigration knocking on their doors?

Offline ML

« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2017, 06:02:35 AM »
They asked the Asian lady if she owned electronics and she said yes, a radio and tablet. They asked her where they were in the house and asked her to turn them on to see if it were truly hers. The couple passed the test.

I've been married over 5 years and never got a surprise visit. Anybody know of anyone else that had immigration knocking on their doors?

So she didn't tell about her vibrator(s)?

I read of such a case on Visa Journey where they came unannounced to the door.
Husband or wife wasn't there at time; and it caused some delay in their case progress.
Don't remember how it turned out.

In our case, spouse had to practice on way up to first interview concerning our address, home phone number, zip code, my name, etc., because I do all mailings and paper work.  She knows her main job at home is to just look good.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:43 PM »

Not going to be around the forum as much anymore. Some of you will have to find another least favorite poster to beat up on. Wife coming home soon. I'm in the mood for love, not war.

She took $5000 with her for two months and didn't ask me for a penny more. It was money for food for her and her mom, renovations for the apartment we bought, and a side trip to other countries. Her funds were running low at the end and I told her she could take money out of the ATM. Instead of taking more money, she decided to do the trip on a budget to Prague and Dresden, Germany. She went by bus. She liked Prague but was disappointed with the people in Germany. They don't smile and didn't seem friendly. Here's a few photos she sent me.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2017, 03:51:08 AM »
So she didn't tell about her vibrator(s)?
A couple of nights ago they showed on TV a 2011 British comedy called "Hysteria":

I had no idea that the instrument was invented back in the 1880s :o.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:04 AM »
A couple of nights ago they showed on TV a 2011 British comedy called "Hysteria":

I had no idea that the instrument was invented back in the 1880s :o.

If you followed the story line . . . the Dr invented the vibrator because his hands were hurting too much from keeping up with the demands of his female patients.

Offline ML

« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2017, 08:30:41 AM »
Billy two points:

1) You didn't mind that she went off to Prague with a boyfriend?

2) How is she able to progress with her degree program in USA by missing so much of the Fall semester ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »
1) You didn't mind that she went off to Prague with a boyfriend?

I'd only mind if she didn't let me have a girlfriend.

2) How is she able to progress with her degree program in USA by missing so much of the Fall semester ?

She is progressing as much as any other student in college in Washington State. She's missing all of Fall Semester just as they are. Nobody can attend classes until Fall Semester starts.

Offline ML

« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »
So when does Fall Semester 2017 start?
Most all in USA start in mid to late Aug or for sure by first week of September.
Is her school on Semester system or Quarter system?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »

We're on the quarter system here. Most colleges start classes mid to late September in Washington State. Here's an example...a calendar of University of Washington in the link below. They start classes Sept. 27th. End the quarter December 8th. I wonder if your wife works much longer quarters than instructors in Washington State?

http://www.washington.edu/students/reg/1718cal.html

Offline ML

« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
Billy, your use of the term 'Washington State' misleads people.
And you further confused by saying: "She's missing all of Fall Semester just as they are. Nobody can attend classes until Fall Semester starts."
There is a Washington State University which is on the Semester system with classes starting August 21st.
Your wife apparently goes to University of Washington which  is on the Quarter system with classes starting late September as you noted.
Quarter system universities do not have a 'Fall Semester' which is associated with Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters.  Three in total compared to 4 quarters in that system.

There is really no college named 'Washington State' as you typed, but the folks over in Pullman might use that as a shorter reference.

Typically such a wording would apply to the High Schools and below in the state of Washington, i.e. The Washington State system of schools.

My wife teaches university in a Semester system.  Fall semester classes start mid to late August and Spring semester ends early May.  Many many more universities follow the semester system than the quarter system.  Neither is superior, just different with each having pros and cons.

The big con against the quarter system is that students don't finish up until June and lose out on jobs to students in semester system who can take jobs a month earlier.

Sure many top companies will wait a month for a very top student . . . but many will not also.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2017, 07:51:37 PM »
Billy, your use of the term 'Washington State' misleads people.
And you further confused by saying: "She's missing all of Fall Semester just as they are. Nobody can attend classes until Fall Semester starts."
There is a Washington State University which is on the Semester system with classes starting August 21st.
Your wife apparently goes to University of Washington which  is on the Quarter system with classes starting late September as you noted.

I didn't mislead anybody. I said "We're on the quarter system here", which is where my wife goes to college. That was the answer to your question if my wife was on the quarter or semester system.  I did not refer to all of Washington state being on the quarter system. I did say most are. I also didn't claim my wife is going to the University of Washington. I wouldn't give away where she's going. I already got enough guys dropping chocolates and flowers on her windshield.

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »
I went to a university on the quarter system that later changed to a semester system.

Would you rather have three sets of final exams or two?

Do you like going to class when it can be very hot outside?

Do you like to have football games starting weeks before classes start?

Do you like going to class in the Summer?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1967
Total: 1976

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM