It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My Ukrainian Sister-in-Law is up for grabs...  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: My Ukrainian Sister-in-Law is up for grabs...
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »
Rick, so I put myself in your shoes, what would I do?   ???

Your wife would dig her sister living close.   
But we will expand to the west coast or northeast region if we can't find any local prospects? Forget Texas though, she'll go back to Ukraine before going to Texas.

Not speaking very good English hurts. So I need for her to maybe have some other local Russian girls who live within sixty miles that she can go out with. These other ladies would be speaking good English and would be able to help her, like a translator, when they are out together at certain places. 

Certain places?  What type certain places?   Places where her type of guy might hang out.    Would he be the type to shoot pool or go bowling?  Would he be the type who would like to dance?  Maybe a sports bar or upscale trendy restaurant.  Sporting events, jogging, skating.

Lot's of Russian ladies in Florida.  (What part are you in by the way?)

She needs to be practicing and improving on her English daily.  Going to the movies at night during the week helps with learning, picking up more English quicker. (And maybe meeting someone at the movies as well.)

At home turn all the caption options to be available on all the TV's as this will help to listen, read, understand a little more English.

She needs to be getting out, meeting people as well marketing herself on various sites.

As you are doing here Rick you need to also post her profile at other places.  Have her sign-up on Bride. Ru  Quickly!   Guys are going there to find Russian ladies. And those living her in the states,...well the 95% that never go over, hell, these is their dream!   Get her on several sites.

Does she have to leave at some point and then return?  I don't think she has to rush into anything right, she has a 5 year tourist visa but is she required to leave by a certain time and then return, just cross the border once, like even into Canada or Mexico, and she can do this for up to five years, yes?

Offline rs899

• BTDT. got the t-shirt, got the wife, had the kid
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 05:21:46 AM »
Jack-

Thanks for your inputs.  I just put her on Bride.ru.

Valya is above all, looking for a family.  She's not really looking to GET OUT of Ukraine.  We just happen to be here , and naturally, it would be great if she lived next door (as it happens, our neighbor just split up with his wife...nah).  But she's open to anywhere, really.  Even Texas.  Thanks for all your suggestions, we will be working on her English as long as she is here.

As for the length of her stay, she has a return ticket to Odessa on 13 Feb. I am not sure , without looking at her I-94, whether she can stay longer or not on this visit (depends on what the Immigration man noted on her I-94 see this if you want more Visa info http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1298.html) but she can come back , I think, as often as she wants over the next 5 years.

Any inputs or offers will be appreciated.

Rick

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 04:40:43 PM »
rs899,

I have tried to list a few of my wife's friends on the boards without any success.  If you place any restrictions or criteria on what the woman might actually find appealing, you just piss men off.  For example, I listed a very sweet girl aged 25, tall, professional, well educated to the Phd level, from a great family, very pretty, (I'd say a 8+-9), and very interested in starting her family.  From this board I got 50+ y.o. guys sending semi-nude pictures, or muscle shots sitting on their Harley, and a bunch of black guys calling me a racist because I specified she wanted to marry a white guy for the sake of her future children.

I just gave it up as a lost cause.

It just isn't worth the grief and worry to try and set anything up on this board.

Although,,, I think our friend Maxx would be a perfect man to introduce to your sis-in-law.  He's a big guy, so a tall woman isn't a problem.  He's a successful business man, so money isn't a problem.  He's educated beyond 12th grade, (I don't know what his degree is in).  He does live in Minnesota, so if it's sunny Florida she wants, he's a bad choice.  Otherwise he'd be perfect.

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 12:19:16 AM »
rs899,

I have tried to list a few of my wife's friends on the boards without any success.  If you place any restrictions or criteria on what the woman might actually find appealing, you just piss men off.  For example, I listed a very sweet girl aged 25, tall, professional, well educated to the Phd level, from a great family, very pretty, (I'd say a 8+-9), and very interested in starting her family.  From this board I got 50+ y.o. guys sending semi-nude pictures, or muscle shots sitting on their Harley, and a bunch of black guys calling me a racist because I specified she wanted to marry a white guy for the sake of her future children.

I just gave it up as a lost cause.

It just isn't worth the grief and worry to try and set anything up on this board.

Although,,, I think our friend Maxx would be a perfect man to introduce to your sis-in-law.  He's a big guy, so a tall woman isn't a problem.  He's a successful business man, so money isn't a problem.  He's educated beyond 12th grade, (I don't know what his degree is in).  He does live in Minnesota, so if it's sunny Florida she wants, he's a bad choice.  Otherwise he'd be perfect.

I must have been out when you posted that JB :( Otherwise I would have responded ;D Is it to late to submit an application?  I'm a 6'5" brown haired, blue eyed clean shaven handsome guy in a ruggedly bulldoggish full set of teeth never been in jail speaks in complete sentences fighter for truth and justice take home to the family kind of way ;D
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Rim

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »
If she were my sister-in-law and already in the US, I would take her to some of the local jazz clubs, sit her at the bar drinking wine next to me and my wife and wait for the endless stream of guys who would come to hit on her.

Offline rs899

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 02:50:23 PM »
she looking for a husband not a , well, you know...

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 04:08:21 PM »
she looking for a husband not a , well, you know...
If your a well...you know...maybe you are cruising the wrong board! ::)
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline rs899

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 04:25:59 AM »
Update on my sister-in-law , Valya.

She got a little interest from guys on this site, but she thought they were too old for her (she's 42,  really looking for a guy in his forties or very early fifties).

She has been out with a few "locals".  Don't really think anything is going on there seriously.  One guy seems to be nice, but language seems to be an issue for him.

She quit smoking cold turkey about 2 weeks ago- in response to our daughter's request.

Any interest in a nice family oriented lady , not too far away from you now (until 13 Feb)?  Or are you all hung up in the pursuit of "perfection"?

See my first post for contact info or PM me.

Rick

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2325
Total: 2335

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM