It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So what do you think? "Avi's story"  (Read 154951 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
So what do you think? "Avi's story"
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »
GQ, I will not be pulled into a fight. I genuinely like you and it hurts when we do. Never again.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
GQ, I will not be pulled into a fight. I genuinely like you and it hurts when we do. Never again.

Huh? Fight? You asked me to be a skeptic and a critic in this very thread...

Quote from: Maxx2
I appreciate your scepticism. That is your taking a deep critical look at these tales of woe. Scepticism keeps things honest and ourselves as well. In the near future I plan to release more films on this subject right here on RWD. I would appreciate very much your scepticism of the subjects of these films. They need a critic. Could you do that for me?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2011, 12:01:01 PM »
Huh? Fight? You asked me to be a skeptic and a critic in this very thread...

Yes you are right. I have posted on another thread a interesting video. Please be a skeptic and critic on that one too. She seems so sweet and I have no idea why her husband was so dissatisfied with her. After the video I wished her luck. I am really a softy when it comes to Russian women.

Offline OlgaH

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »
LOL, I didn't realized you were in the room the day the cops arrested Avi. How come you're not on Maxx's video?

LOL GQBlues. Was you in the room the day cops arrested Avi? So tell us why cops ignored Avi's lip injury?

According to your I would say ridiculous assumption I have to be arrested and charged charged with physical abuse because after several years I still can show exact place where some people I know had their scars and scratches and I even tell the size and form  :D

Assuming (:o) Maxx did actually try. Even once...apprehensively, half-heartedly, grudgingly, uninspiringly... nah...I don't think he even did.

Why assuming? For example I don't have a reason don't trust Maxx, or Ilana with whom Avi had a family for 30 years and they are still good friends, or Avi's son, or Zoya.  But yes, I have a difficult time and scepticism to trust Yelena watching the video taken by an investigator and reading the letter, the civil court did actually the same on the base of the evidence.

The immigration court is one sided court plus

VAWA allows certain spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) to file a petition for themselves without the abusers’ knowledge. This will allow you to seek both safety and independence from the abuser. The provisions of VAWA apply equally to women and men. Your abuser will not be notified that you have filed for immigration benefits under VAWA.

one of the requirements for eligibility are: # You have resided with your spouse. # You are a person of good moral character. The immigration court doesn't take into consideration the civil court's resolution and evidence and witnesses that an "abused" spouse was cheating and was not living with his "abusive" spouse but with a lover. Yes, I have problem with one sided court.

GQBlues, yes we have different opinions and we look at the things from different aspects. For you such evidence as love correspondence, reports and videos from investigators, and statements by witnesses doesn't play so much role. But it plays significant role in the civil court and I also will take this evidence it into consideration.  

Yes, It would be interesting to hear Yelena and Mikael's side of the story looking right into their eyes and ask them about their correspondence regarding "Avi should be easy to fool"  :)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:04:31 PM by OlgaH »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
Olga,

You should've spared yourself that tediously long post. It still didn't change the fact you only have ONE version/side of this story to work with to come remotely close to any type of conclusion.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2011, 12:38:23 PM »

Olga I agree with what you are saying to GQ above but it is a waste of time. I have seen threads closed on account of page after page of debate. I had it done to my first big thread by Ellen, I believe Doll (or someone like her) and some guy who was fighting with them. Finally a moderator locked the thread. I believe this was Ellen's intention all along. She did not like the subject. She is a clever one.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:48:03 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
Olga,
It still didn't change the fact you only have ONE version/side of this story to work with to come remotely close to any type of conclusion.

Because I have my reasons for it. If marital infidelity was not involved and there was not any witness and evidence I would have different opinion.  ;)

When I read the stories on RW forums I don't have reasons not to believe but that stories also are one sided stories  ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:32:52 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Doll

« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2011, 01:04:53 PM »
I believe it was about eighty thousand dollars in legal costs. He also lost his good high paying job due to the stress he was going through. He also lost his health when he got cancer. As his first wife said "He was healthy all his life". But who knows if one is connected to another.
What did he pay for?

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
I believe it was about eighty thousand dollars in legal costs. He also lost his good high paying job due to the stress he was going through. He also lost his health when he got cancer. As his first wife said "He was healthy all his life". But who knows if one is connected to another.

About 80 k in legal costs? Were they the court fees, or what particular type of expenses?

Assuming that Avi is a respondent, not plaintiff, he was not about to pay any court filing fees. Or am I wrong?
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
GQ-

I agree it is one sided presentation and certainly Zoyas would be biased.

an juror would recognize that as well ,but still look over the evidence  produced.

This isn't a court of law?
 Maxx simply was asking what people think

certainly it's  a valid point that only one side is told ,and Maxx asked for critique  

I would say given no DNA tests , or more telling vids would be found ,

what people think ,with what IS presented, if they are objective would include healthy skepticism ,
 but not so much to totally ignore Occums razor?

since it isnt  an actual court , (i'd review things far differently if in that position)
occums razor seems best?

Avi seems a bit of an old  lonely fool,who may have deluded himself a bit ,
but  apparently (yes assumptions exists based on the data provided) was  used by a women involved with another man.

I wouldn't rule that way in court,as other constraints are in place,  but it is what i thinkin answering maxxs question.

Along the lines of a man can be  found innocent criminally, but found guilty civilly?

set aside devils advocate for a moment?

You really think something different happened ?  if so, what?

this was maxx's question.

you cant cop out and say not enough evidence to think what happened, going on whats provided ,
we are all constrained to what is here.
so what do you (and Doll ) think?

Doll ,even if it IS a witch hunt ,
do you think she did none of the implied ,and was only an innocent immigrant who simply left her hubby ,
for  a new man?

i wouldn't argue the point ,it could be the case.. !
 just like maxx , i'm asking what you think.

Offline Doll

« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »
Lily, I guess the investigator's payment is the major expense. Well, he wanted it.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2011, 01:16:39 PM »
AJ, you are RWD's greatest mind. Thank you.

Offline Doll

« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »
What we thought we said 6 pages ago :D

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
AJ-

No matter how large the canvass you roll in, when you only have one color to paint it with, you will have only one color to focus on. You will lack contrast, and more importantly, balance. You can tilt, turn, roll that canvas anyway you see fit - it's still the same single colored canvas it had always been, and always will be.

As for...

i wouldn't argue the point ,it could be the case.. !  just like maxx , i'm asking what you think.

I did, AJ. See response #s 22, 66, and more notably #s 85 & 87.

Then Olga tried to breed subsets of speculations and hypothesis within the limits of this one-sided story. Until Maxx spends equal time to present the other side...it's a witch hunt, that's all it is.

Now, unless this was the prime objective of these types of thread to begin with, then please, I'll sit back and witness these folks grab torches for the festivites.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »

Then Olga tried to breed subsets of speculations and hypothesis within the limits of this one-sided story.

GQBlues, correspondence and video by investigator is not speculations and hypothesis but evidence that was also taken by the court and statements by witnesses as well  ;D

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
About 80 k in legal costs? Were they the court fees, or what particular type of expenses?

Assuming that Avi is a respondent, not plaintiff, he was not about to pay any court filing fees. Or am I wrong?

He side pays their own court lawyer's fees. At about $250 an hour they add up.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
While we are on the subject of both sides could you please tell us GQ why you are so passionate about this subject?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:14:43 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Doll

« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »
GQBlues, correspondence and video by investigator is not speculations and hypothesis but evidence that was also taken by the court and statements by witnesses as well  ;D
Not sure but I've heard that e-mails can no be prove because they can be easily "made up".
It is just technology.

Offline Doll

« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »
He side pays their own court lawyer's fees. At about $250 an hour they add up.
$250 an hour when? At the court?

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »
Not sure but I've heard that e-mails can no be prove because they can be easily "made up".
It is just technology.

Yes, that's true and some email correspondence can not be used in the court. There is specific rules on using email correspondence. But photos, videos and and investigator's reports are consider to be evidence.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »

an example on a law firm's fees
http://www.manchanda-law.com/Contact.html

Offline Doll

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2011, 02:25:04 PM »
BTW I forgot- why did he start the investigation? If he wanted a divorce he would be granted it anyway.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2011, 02:26:21 PM »

The cost is the cost of hiring your own attorney. I have heard of people spending hundreds of thousands of dollars paying for an attorney to defend them from women/men who have brought charges against them. Avi $80,000, Bill $100,000, Natasha $300,000 and James between 400 and 500 thousand dollars. Usually it is much less. The expensive cases is where the woman has a pro bono attorney (works for free) or on a contingency fee and the accused is being sued and has a lot of assets. Most people do not hear about these cases because there is a court ordered gag order not to talk about them.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2011, 02:35:41 PM »
BTW I forgot- why did he start the investigation? If he wanted a divorce he would be granted it anyway.

Good question. He wanted a non contested divorce. Having absolute proof of her adultery would help him if he had to go to court. He wanted her to know this. He was hoping he didn't have to go to court. It cost money many thousands of dollars. He just wanted her to pack up her things and go. But there was the issue of her getting her green card and that is why she couldn't have a "peaceable divorce".

Offline Doll

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2011, 02:44:01 PM »
Good question. He wanted a non contested divorce. Having absolute proof of her adultery would help him if he had to go to court. He wanted her to know this. He was hoping he didn't have to go to court. It cost money many thousands of dollars. He just wanted her to pack up her things and go. But there was the issue of her getting her green card and that is why she couldn't have a "peaceable divorce".
Was he going to save money by having a non contested divorce? Seems like there was no property on Yelena's name as well as money on the account (which can be removed by 2 clicks of the mouse)))
He had nothing to loose, I mean the property division.
He would be granted the divorce anyway.
What state is it?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2261
Total: 2272

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM