It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317164 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #1000 on: October 21, 2020, 04:36:52 PM »
I have sold 14 or so parcels of R.E. in last 10 years or so.
For each, I have my own very simple 2 page contract including signature lines for Seller and Buyer.
No R.E. agents ever involved and no attorneys involved and at this stage.
Later, their (or bank's) attorneys do Title Search, review the deed I prepare, etc.
So now along comes a man who graduated from Harvard Law School.
He dicked around for 3-4 weeks with how many and which parcels he and wife wanted to buy and said he had all cash.
So I had to prepare 3 different contracts over this period as they changed their minds.
Finally he tells me he is too worried about signing my simple contract and wanted to consult with a R.E. Attorney. 
OMG . . . a Harvard Attorney specializing in Corporate law needs to work with another attorney for a simple R.E. transaction that 14 other buyers have signed on my back deck, or on the hood of my truck.
Today, he sent me the 7 page sales contract they came up with . . . including provision that I pay for this document.

I told him to fock off . . . even as around quarter of million dollars lost.

Quite funny that earlier he had told me he asked the other attorney to review my 2 page contract with a 'light touch.'

My FSU wife had the right idea from beginning . . . she said we shouldn't sell to an attorney because they would probably sue us regarding simple things over the years.

I agreed she was right . . . but didn't want to pass up chance for quarter of million dollar sale . . . with almost 90% being profit.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1001 on: October 21, 2020, 04:59:44 PM »
I have sold 14 or so parcels of R.E. in last 10 years or so.
For each, I have my own very simple 2 page contract including signature lines for Seller and Buyer.
No R.E. agents ever involved and no attorneys involved and at this stage.
Later, their (or bank's) attorneys do Title Search, review the deed I prepare, etc.
So now along comes a man who graduated from Harvard Law School.
He dicked around for 3-4 weeks with how many and which parcels he and wife wanted to buy and said he had all cash.
So I had to prepare 3 different contracts over this period as they changed their minds.
Finally he tells me he is too worried about signing my simple contract and wanted to consult with a R.E. Attorney. 
OMG . . . a Harvard Attorney specializing in Corporate law needs to work with another attorney for a simple R.E. transaction that 14 other buyers have signed on my back deck, or on the hood of my truck.
Today, he sent me the 7 page sales contract they came up with . . . including provision that I pay for this document.

I told him to fock off . . . even as around quarter of million dollars lost.

Quite funny that earlier he had told me he asked the other attorney to review my 2 page contract with a 'light touch.'

My FSU wife had the right idea from beginning . . . she said we shouldn't sell to an attorney because they would probably sue us regarding simple things over the years.

I agreed she was right . . . but didn't want to pass up chance for quarter of million dollar sale . . . with almost 90% being profit.

Rather than to tell him to FU, why not mark up the 7 page document with what you find permissible and welcome him to resubmit it?

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1002 on: October 21, 2020, 06:04:15 PM »
Rather than to tell him to FU, why not mark up the 7 page document with what you find permissible and welcome him to resubmit it?

Because just as it's not wise to throw good money after bad it's also not wise to waste quality time on bad apples.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1003 on: October 21, 2020, 07:13:33 PM »
we shouldn't sell to an attorney because they would probably sue us regarding simple things over the years.

Let's say his foundation cracks and he sues you for selling land that isn't suitable to build on. You're going to have to hire a geotech company to do a study of the soils to prove he's wrong. Let's say there's garbage buried on the property by the previous owner. He'll sue you for the cost to remove it. Let's say there's something about the property that wasn't disclosed and his hand picked appraiser appraises the property on the low side, he'll go after you for the loss of value. You'll probably owe him money more than the value of the property when he's done with you. Each time you go to court with him, he'll request all your financial and business records hoping to find something you did illegal. Then he'll call the local government reporting you're doing something illegal or try to get say there's wetlands or a rare animal or plant on your other properties so they can be built on which devalues the property. Or maybe you two will become the best of friends but I doubt that will happen.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1004 on: October 21, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »
I like this idea, it lets him know you are in charge of how this is going to go, and it also keeps the burden on him...of which you aren't going to pay.  Of course there is a lot of satisfaction in the FU approach when somebody puts unreasonable barriers on a deal.     This guy sounds like a pain in the ass, and your wife probably has a decent chance of being right so I'd keep the deal more than air tight from your view.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1005 on: October 22, 2020, 01:06:13 AM »
ML,

Of course, your wife is right, 'first impressions' and all.  Over the years I've found mutual trust is worth much more than the best-written contract.  The longer a contract is, the more verbiage there is to dispute down the road. You'd be looking at another couple rounds of 'negotiations', likely needing a lawyer yourself.  Next, he'll be knocking down his offer for what you want to be taken back out of the contract. Consider yourself as his corporate takeover target :)

Takes just one @hole waving paper to ruin a neighborhood.  The bottom line IMO is whether you or others in the 'hood would like having him around.

Peace is priceless.

Offline ML

« Reply #1006 on: October 22, 2020, 10:25:31 AM »
Thanks to all who commented.

The comments by Billy and BC are very relevant, and detail out my feelings and the possibilities more than I did in my own wording.

Just to clarify . . . there is no 'going back.'
I made that clear to him.

I almost think he will come back in a few days, apologize and say let's go with my 2 page contract.

Reason being that he and wife were really fascinated by the property, had their builder out twice and excavator once.  We had extensive and exhaustive emails back and forth multiple times per day for a couple of weeks.

That will give me more satisfaction to tell him to never again email, phone or show up at my doorstep.

I still can't really comprehend how anyone can come to my small development, see 13 new houses being lived in and another under construction, fall in love with their chosen parcels . . . and then, out of worry, refuse to follow the same purchase procedure as all previous buyers did.  And then be so arrogant as to present me with a 7 page document to replace my 2 page document.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:27:50 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1007 on: October 22, 2020, 11:11:40 AM »

Reason being that he and wife were really fascinated by the property, had their builder out twice and excavator once.  We had extensive and exhaustive emails back and forth multiple times per day for a couple of weeks.

That will give me more satisfaction to tell him to never again email, phone or show up at my doorstep.

Go with what give you the most satisfaction....the money isn't worth it (Unless it is critical). 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline ML

« Reply #1008 on: October 25, 2020, 03:34:53 PM »
A stray kitten showed up at our house.  He won't leave.
I sent email to around 30 nearby homes; no one has claimed him.
Seems we now have a cat.
Our garage is heated, so that's where he is going to live.
He is very young, maybe only 3 months old or so; hope he becomes a good hunter.
A friend of mine, living in another state, identified his breed as "Maine Coon."
A google search revealed breeders get $800-2,000 for such.
Maybe I will find him a girlfriend.

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1009 on: October 26, 2020, 09:41:41 AM »
We have a male. Yes, if you have the documents to show, you can get paid to breed him.

Offline ML

« Reply #1010 on: November 05, 2020, 06:17:34 AM »
Republican Victoria Spartz, 42, a Ukrainian American politician and businesswoman, who was born in Ukraine's Chernihiv region, has become member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Indiana's 5th District.

Read more on UNIAN: http://www.unian.info/world/u-s-elections-ukrainian-american-female-politician-elected-house-member-11207540.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Spartz

Offline Gator

« Reply #1011 on: November 05, 2020, 06:33:49 AM »

....hope he becomes a good hunter.

This horrifies songbird lovers such as me. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_predation_on_wildlife

I would vote Democrat if they promised to enact a law requiring cats to be declawed, neutered and kept indoors. 

Fortunately the coyotes in Florida are dining on cats allowed outdoors.  Nevertheless, in my 25+ years here I have noticed reduced populations of some songbird species (and I live adjacent to protected nature preserve of several hundred square miles).     

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1012 on: November 05, 2020, 08:24:23 AM »

He never paid the builder or excavator a dime either.

Go with your wife's gut reaction.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #1013 on: November 05, 2020, 09:32:19 AM »

This cat will only hunt mice and other such ground animals.

Offline ML

« Reply #1014 on: November 05, 2020, 09:41:18 AM »
Newly elected to House of Representatives, Victoria Spartz was born and raised in Ukraine's Chernihiv region, immigrated to the United States in 2000 and became a U.S. citizen in 2006. She married Jason Spartz in 2000, and they have 2 daughters. Before moving to the United States, Spartz earned a Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration from the Kyiv National Economic University. She earned a Master of Accountancy from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis.  She worked for a 'Big 4' CPA firm.

Sounds like she was a Mail Order Bride.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:49:07 PM by ML »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1015 on: November 05, 2020, 10:58:50 AM »
Robins are disappearing. They are ground feeders for insects and worms and susceptible to ambush.   
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1016 on: November 05, 2020, 11:06:07 AM »
Newly elected to House of Representatives, Victoria Spartz was born and raised in the Ukraine ....
Off the twitter page------

US House candidate, IN-5I am so honored and humbled by the trust the people of #IN05 have placed in me.  I want to thank my husband Jason, my daughters, my family, my friends, and all of you who supported our campaign and voted for me.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Confederate

« Reply #1017 on: November 05, 2020, 11:44:49 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_predation_on_wildlife

I would vote Democrat if they promised to enact a law requiring cats to be declawed, neutered and kept indoors. 

Fortunately the coyotes in Florida are dining on cats allowed outdoors.  Nevertheless, in my 25+ years here I have noticed reduced populations of some songbird species (and I live adjacent to protected nature preserve of several hundred square miles).   

Declawing a cat is cruel and inhumane. SMH.

Let the cat be as he is. A cat is part of nature's plan for balance. As he is.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1018 on: November 05, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »
Domestic cats are not indigenous to North America.

Our neighbour had five cats that used to roam.  All were eaten by a coyote.  Stupid neighbours just replaced them, which is a form of animal cruelty. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Confederate

« Reply #1019 on: November 05, 2020, 01:12:55 PM »

Our neighbour had five cats that used to roam.  All were eaten by a coyote.  Stupid neighbours just replaced them, which is a form of animal cruelty. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Coyotes need to eat also. You can be sure those were quick deaths.

If the neighbor loves his cat it's his responsibility to keep them inside when near wild animals.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Gator

« Reply #1020 on: November 05, 2020, 02:21:46 PM »
This cat will only hunt mice and other such ground animals.

Impossible.  It goes against their instinct. 

The Moral Cost of Cats

A bird-loving scientist calls for an end to outdoor cats “once and for all”.....free-ranging domestic cats kill 1.3–4.0 billion birds and 6.3–22.3 billion mammals annually.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/moral-cost-of-cats-180960505/

Predation by domestic cats is the number-one direct, human-caused threat to birds in the United States and Canada.

http://abcbirds.org/program/cats-indoors/cats-and-birds/

Keep reading.  You will not find one scientific article stating cats are good for nature.

On beautiful mornings while sitting on your patio, do you not enjoy the songs from birds? 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 02:23:27 PM by Gator »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1021 on: November 05, 2020, 02:25:25 PM »

Let the cat be as he is. A cat is part of nature's plan for balance. As he is.

The words of an environmental barbarian. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1022 on: November 05, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »

You understand.  Thank you. 

Offline Confederate

« Reply #1023 on: November 05, 2020, 02:28:55 PM »
The words of an environmental barbarian.

Thank you.

But you're ignoring that for the most part I believe cats should be kept indoors.

Perhaps N. American birds also need to evolve better survival skills.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Gator

« Reply #1024 on: November 05, 2020, 09:25:53 PM »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1991
Total: 2001

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM