It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Weeding our fake profiles  (Read 9294 times)

Offline redking11

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Weeding our fake profiles
« on: June 04, 2020, 10:45:17 AM »
What percentage of profiles on the more popular dating sites like Russiancupid, Ukrainecupid and Rbrides are fake?

What are some things that make you guys think a profile is fake? Some things that cause me to tag a profile as fake are: 1. the woman messages me first 2. the profile isn't filled out at all or has very little information. 3. the women looks like a model and all the photos are professional photos with no photos from everyday life. 4. the woman's profile says she is looking for a guy is about any age range, (I don't really think a 31 yo woman is interested in a 65 yo man.) 4. If I do get a message it is very bland and non-specific. 5. some information doesn't seem to be realistic like height and weight ratios are far off.

What other things to you guys see as redflags? I'd love to hear what you look for and what you think of my perspective.

also, other than the 3 sites I mentioned what other sites are our there that people use and like?

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 11:13:34 AM »
 a friend of mine is in the full on search mode right now, he is 50+ and looking for someone his own age or close to it anyway, had quite a lot of luck on dmnotify meeting interesting women so far, monthly paid, good admins who remove fake accounts quickly and resonable price -  his words, not mine.

He tried fdating and some other free sites but left in a hurry because he thought there where to many fake profiles and weird women (again his word - not mine)

We talk quite often about this since he knows my full journey and from what I've seen so far, there is a lot of attractive and what seems to be serious women there.
I really liked cuteonly and dmnotify when I was in business (but actually met my girl on fdating where she approached me first :rolleyes: )

Quite fun actually, Tanya ticked 4 of your 5 red flags :D
1. She wrote me first
2. She had almost no information on her page, well some, but very little - one onliner at the bottom of her page draw my attention "I LOVE to eat Bacon"  :P
3. She was/has been a model - so she only had really modded model pics (2 of them)
4. She looked for someone my age, she was 32, I was 46
5. That all looked alright though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:22:39 AM by Nightwish »
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:30:55 AM »
What are some things that make you guys think a profile is fake?

What other things to you guys see as redflags? I'd love to hear what you look for and what you think of my perspective.

I don't know the sites you mention and my Russian wife will skin me
alive if I check them out for you and while I have extensive experience
I've been married too long to have recent experience with current sites.

Ask a girl to meet you on Skype or Whatsapp. If she has a half dozen
reasons why she doesn't want to then you kick her to the curb. 

A serious girl who is interested in you won't come up with obstacles, 
a girl with questionable motives won't want to meet on a messenger
she will complain about her internet connection, English ability, her
webcam, her laptop, her Momma's health and a multitude of other
things and will not be available when you want.

A serious girl really wants to hear your voice and see your face.
If the girl is questionable, she won't want to hear from you except
when she is in the agency and you are spending money.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:02:08 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 12:11:35 PM »
You've had some great responses, so far.

My first Russian wife, wrote to me, first and didn't have professional looking photos ..

If you're on a non PPL site you should be able to quickly decide if you want to move to videochat apps.

Good luck

Offline redking11

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 12:34:59 PM »
Thank you for the replies. All 3 were insightful and informative & helped me at the very least not to look suspiciously at  women who write first.

Forgive me for asking a 2nd question off topic from the original post. I'm 36 almost 37 with 1 daughter, & divorced. I'm considering FSUW (mostly Ukraine) in the hopes they are less entitled & selfish (in general of course) than most of the American women I have been involved with. Feel free to correct me if I'm delusional here. And yes, I admit I am hoping that by looking in the FSU I can find a woman who isn't overweight & maybe a little more attractive than I could find here. Good grief, it seems like all the women I meet are 30 lbs over weight, have 3 kids & the thought of marrying a man more than 3 years older than them is just horrifying. Maybe I'm just arrogant that I think I should be able to do better. Dr.'s after all are known for being arrogant, & I try not to be.

At 36, I still want a child or 2, as such am looking for a woman from 25-32 with 26-31 ideal. I have no problem if she already has a child, in fact I almost prefer it as then our priorities & shared experiences are more similar. Can I get opinions, on whether there are women in this age bracket who are serious about finding a foreign guy in my age range for marriage & family?  (yes, I know opinions will differ, I know it's not fact, I'm really just asking for your personal perspective & don't want 2 people to start arguing over who is right)

Looking at & reading profiles, I too often get the impression many of these women are only interested in a guy with millions who can put them on a yacht & allow them to live a life of perpetual vacation & shopping in Paris (hate the place personally). I want a normal woman who wakes up makes kids breakfast, cares about raising decent human beings & has some modicum of appreciation for & loyalty to her husband.

As for me, I'm a physician in residency (I went back to school in my early 30's). So I don't make great money yet, but it's coming. I'm tall, 6'2, better than average looks, probably 7-8/10, but not brad pit, and 220 lbs so I'd say at 6'2 that puts me roughly 15 pounds over an ideal weight for my build. Thoughts, perspectives, & advice welcomed. I don't mind hard work & patience, but I don't want to waste my time in a futile pursuit either.

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:38:05 PM by redking11 »

Offline redking11

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 12:45:15 PM »
One caveat however, I learned to speak German, which is relatively easy compared to Russian, so I have a realistic view on learning foreign languages and being honest with myself; me going much further than learning how to say some basic phrases in Russian just isn't going to happen, I'm too busy. So I need a woman who at least has a basic functional command of English. In Germany, this wouldn't even be an issue, but I wonder how much this requirement narrows down the pool in the FSU.

Offline redking11

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 01:03:38 PM »
I really just don't know what to think about this. I signed up for 2 sites, Russiancupid and RBrides, I haven't even paid for them yet as I only wanted to look around. In 1-2 day I have 25 messages between the 2 sites (which I can't read) & received 18 "interest" notifications from women on Russiancupid. The women age in range from 22-42, but the majority of these women are  26-34 attractive to very attractive, & I'm just thinking this isn't real. Each and every one is a scammer who will ask for money or a fake profile with a fat dude is sitting  behind a computer. Can someone help me get my head on straight?

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 01:11:53 PM »
))

One thing you must get straight .. FSU ladies are also 'entitled'

They don't 'go Dutch' on dates as a norm and if you are deemed 'tight' you'll be termed 'greedy' !

From what you say, you need a English teacher or a professional and insisting on English will drastically cut down your options, but will be wise and you cannot speak Russians and cannot  assign time to learn it

Be yourself, but be prepared to understand the cultural differences re dating ...again ,,, YOU pay ..  You'll know if she's a 'keeper; if she helps you spend wisely.

Offline redking11

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 02:19:49 PM »
Thanks for that advice. I'm traditional, I wouldn't let the lady pay for dinner even if she asked. At the same time, I'm not going to take a girl shopping and spend a grand on her after 1-2 dates either.

what do you mean by entitled? I don't think the man paying for dinner = entitled. To me that is just good manners.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 02:27:32 PM »
I really just don't know what to think about this. I signed up for 2 sites, Russiancupid and RBrides, I haven't even paid for them yet as I only wanted to look around. In 1-2 day I have 25 messages between the 2 sites (which I can't read) & received 18 "interest" notifications from women on Russiancupid. The women age in range from 22-42, but the majority of these women are  26-34 attractive to very attractive, & I'm just thinking this isn't real. Each and every one is a scammer who will ask for money or a fake profile with a fat dude is sitting  behind a computer. Can someone help me get my head on straight?
As long as you stick to the sites with monthly payment and dont venture off to those PPL sites, you are at least being smart.
To judge if a girl is serious, well that comes down to a lot of experience and being clever, you know the old saying, if it looks to good to be true........

You will be the hot item  :crackwhip: of the day when you open a new account, both with serious women and all those scammers, Cupid Media is known fishing waters for scammers in my experience, never really liked the place and I was signed up on 4 or 5 of them, got those red flags to often.

My opinion, given that I have been out of the game for a couple of years now, but my girl has a lot of friends in that age group your looking.

I would look for someone 30+, don't venture down to 24-27 ages, (in general now) in these days girls there are smart and savvy, they all have instagram, snapchat and tiktok, they see what others can have and they want the same.
Many of them have been out in the world, they are courted by many, not only locals, those Middle east guys love the FSU ladies and many of them have the wallet to lead with. (the bacon comment made by my girl was a reaction to all of those)
They are not looking for the quick way out, they want to the good life - so money do matters and there is a lot of local guys and others that can provide that in exchange for services rendered.

A woman say 31 with a child and single, yes you can almost bet your right arm she will be serious, but with kids can also problems arise, the fathers are almost never involved in any way, but if they hear another man is getting involved (especially WM), they will turn coat. Just be aware of that, and if/when things start to get serious, have that with you in conversations with the lady.

Offline redking11

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 02:47:17 PM »
Thank you for the advice. I think I'm going to leave the cupid  sites and look at the 2 other sites mentioned, DMnotify and FDating.

I don't really mind a woman looking for a man as a means for "the good life", it really isn't much different than dating an American woman or any other woman, as long as there are genuine feelings and the commitment is honest.

As for middle eastern guys, I have noticed several profiles what have specifically said No middle eastern men!

I often wonder, and it might make a good independent thread, is how often does a girl looking for the good life backfire on her? I.e. she finds that really rich guy and after a few years he trades her for a younger model, or the women always thinks she can do a little better, passes up on good prospects and one day wakes up and realizes that her age has made her less desirable and will now have to settle for someone less desirable than some guys she had passed up? I think it would be great to hear some stories from the women and get some of the views of the females.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:10:06 PM by redking11 »

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »
Thank you for the advice. I think I'm going to leave the cupid  sites and look at the 2 other sites mentioned, DMnotify and FDating.

I don't really mind a woman looking for a man as a means for "the good life", it really isn't much different than dating an American woman or any other woman, as long as there are genuine feelings and the commitment is honest.

As for middle eastern guys, I have noticed several profiles what have specifically said No middle eastern men!

I often wonder, and it might make a good independent thread, is how often does a girl looking for the good life backfire on her? I.e. she finds that really rich guy and after a few years he trades her for a younger model, or the women always thinks she can do a little better, passes up on good prospects and one day wakes up and realizes that her age has made her less desirable and will now have to settle for someone less desirable than some guys she had passed up? I think it would be great to here some stories from the women and get some of the views of the females.

of course you are right in this, I meant to be very generic and a little over dramatic. Sometimes when I meet some of these younger girls in my girls group(26-27) they often talk about this "good life" they want, private jets, or at least first class ticket, going around the world, shopping in Dubai, Hong Kong and New York, they have a kind of twisted view on life - I blame Instagram hookers ooops, I meant models and "influencers" that has managed to make it a living that way. 
Now these girls are not looking to get married yet, they don't see themselves with kids for maybe 5-10 years. They have become very "westernized" even there.
Now my Tanya is from Kyiv, so this is ONE city, all these girls live in Kyiv also and this varies a lot when you venture out in to other parts of the country.
Russia, well I am not in any way an expert on them, I would guess Moscow/St Pete have sort of the same influences with a lot of tourists.

We all look to get a better life in some sense, and when coming from a poverty struck country like Ukraine where life is for many quite harsh and I get the feeling, people in general there are starting to give up the dream to ever get the country back on it's feet and prosper, Russia really don't want it, EU and US really don't want it, so who will help them.. on their own, it wont happen anytime soon unless there is a miracle. 
so of course one of the top priorities for them is to find a better life - that is why they are on a international dating site, but in the end, they are still women, like women are everywhere, just a lot more pretty, feminine and very very rarely overweight.

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »
1.  I am only familiar with black or white kings in chess.

2.  I think everyone who first posts info to a newbie should tell their bonifides.  My bonafides:  30 or more trips to FSU over 15 years or so (mostly on business for first 10 years of that) having first dates with over 150 FSU women, third dates and more with probably 50 or so, extended time (a week or more) with 20 or so, month long visits/trips with 9, and now living with FSU gal here in USA for 9 years.

3.  Full disclosure:  The gals I met were all aged 35 or older, so not necessarily having the same mind set of the age gals you are looking for.

4.  I would advise not dealing with any woman younger than 28.  I would really say 30, but given your age, 28 should be tried.  All sort of reasons, mostly to do with how realistic the gal will be regarding the guy she can attract, what her options are, etc.  The older they are, the more realistic they become (mostly).

5.  You can definitely 'trade up' in the FSU as to the gal you can attract and keep.  Although as a doc, I am surprised you cannot get a 28 year old 9-10 here in USA.

6.  As I understand from reading posts here and other forums for 20 years or so, the young FSU gals can be even more materialistic than USA gals.

7.  The vast majority of the age 35 plus FSU gals I met with were not over materialistic.  But maybe the same can be said for USA gals of this age group.  I have virtually no experience with dating USA gals because I knew early on that I could 'trade up' in the FSU, particularly regarding my criteria of 5'6" height or more, slender (not emaciated), highly intelligent, highly educated, much younger than me so they would still be interested in sex, interested in the finer arts, able to function in both a big city and country environment, able to interact with upper level income group (but not necessarily millionaires), no children younger than 17.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 05:36:14 PM »
As a side note regarding your chances with 9-10 USA gals . . .

Several years back, I knew casually a couple that were in early 60s, married 35 or so years.  He was a surgeon.

Wife thought she would gain some leverage somehow . . . I don't remember her logic . . . so she told him she wanted a trial separation and that he should move out of their home.

He did, and within two weeks or so he was hooked up with a 30 something that was a 9.
Previously he had no affairs.

Wife then said it was OK for him to come back home.

He . . . No Way Jose !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline redking11

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »
1.  I am only familiar with black or white kings in chess.

2.  I think everyone who first posts info to a newbie should tell their bonifides.  My bonafides:  30 or more trips to FSU over 15 years or so (mostly on business for first 10 years of that) having first dates with over 150 FSU women, third dates and more with probably 50 or so, extended time (a week or more) with 20 or so, month long visits/trips with 9, and now living with FSU gal here in USA for 9 years.

3.  Full disclosure:  The gals I met were all aged 35 or older, so not necessarily having the same mind set of the age gals you are looking for.

4.  I would advise not dealing with any woman younger than 28.  I would really say 30, but given your age, 28 should be tried.  All sort of reasons, mostly to do with how realistic the gal will be regarding the guy she can attract, what her options are, etc.  The older they are, the more realistic they become (mostly).

4.1 Sometimes, I think women are more unrealistic about who they can attract than men are. Either that or women don't understand the majority of the guys, specifically the guys they rate higher really only want sex and they get confused about how popular they are for the actual marriage market.

5.  You can definitely 'trade up' in the FSU as to the gal you can attract and keep.  Although as a doc, I am surprised you cannot get a 28 year old 9-10 here in USA.

6.  As I understand from reading posts here and other forums for 20 years or so, the young FSU gals can be even more materialistic than USA gals.

7.  The vast majority of the age 35 plus FSU gals I met with were not over materialistic.  But maybe the same can be said for USA gals of this age group.  I have virtually no experience with dating USA gals because I knew early on that I could 'trade up' in the FSU, particularly regarding my criteria of 5'6" height or more, slender (not emaciated), highly intelligent, highly educated, much younger than me so they would still be interested in sex, interested in the finer arts, able to function in both a big city and country environment, able to interact with upper level income group (but not necessarily millionaires), no children younger than 17.

1. Don't know what that means

2. Check - you're the expert and I'll give your words weight. Please feel free to chime in on any of my questions as often as possible.

3. strange to think women change that much from 31 or 30 (my ideal age) and say 37

4. Agreed. Besides, I have zero desire to raise a 20 something child or be the butt of jokes among my colleagues and friends

5. I'm a resident, a such my income is in the $50k range, not that spectacular. I have observed & even had women admit to me they would take an engineer making, $100,000 now over someone who would be making $350,000 3 years down the road. I asked why & they basically said better a bird in the hand than 2 in the bush. You never know if the guy is going to keep you around for 3 years. Sound logic that I don't disagree with. Second reason I''m probably not attracting better quality women is I live in a smaller more rural area & the options are just dismal.

6. what is young?

7. I hope I can find a gal who is comfortable in smaller towns. I can't stand places like Dallas, Houston, L.A. Chicago ect. And yes, a woman with enough education & class to interact with & not totally embarrass me in front of the Hospital CEO would be great & is very difficult to find where I live. If you like trashy low class mexican women you'll love border towns. They are a great place to learn medicine due to rampant chronic health issues but a horrible place to look for a life partner.

ML, here's another one for you.

How do you think most FSUW you have gotten to know would view being asked to sign a prenup?

Before anyone starts, let me stop you right there. I'm not here to listen to anyone's criticism or judgment. I'm an adult, I can & will do what I want. I plan on being open, honest & up front about it with the lady so no one is going to be deceived. I am old enough & been in relationships long enough to know people change & you never know what is going to happen in 10 years. So keep your judgment to yourself, it wasn't asked for & wont change my mind anyways. Nor does this have anything to do with me thinking FSUW are gold diggers, I wouldn't marry an American woman without a prenup either.

Personally I think any man with a high income who doesn't get a prenup is foolish/naive. In my home state for example, after 10 years of marriage the husband owes alimony FOR LIFE. In the income bracket I'm going to be in, that is a 5-figure monthly check and I have worked too damn long & hard to just give that kind of money away. I know a surgeon who like most specialists works long hours, his wife got bored & lonely & started banging her fitness trainer. They got divorced & he writes a 5-figure check every month tot he woman who cheated on him. My Aunt refuses to re-marry because she doesn't want to lose her monthly 5-figure income. Lastly, when a woman knows she can walk out of a relationship & be set for life, she is less likely to put in the effort to try & make the relationship work. Thanks but I'll stay single before I risk $120,000+ a year for the rest of my life.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:46:09 PM by redking11 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 06:39:20 PM »
redking11, don't spend to much time thinking before you start this. Experience is the best teacher. Write a bunch of ladies. If you're smart, you learn how a real woman writes, an agency employee writes and scammer writes. Not hard to figure them out. Get on the phone with some of them. If they're happy to hear your voice every time you call, they may be sincerely into you. Scammers can't remain happy too long if you're not putting out money. Don't get involved with women who has problems that are solved with money.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline redking11

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »
redking11, don't spend to much time thinking before you start this. Experience is the best teacher. Write a bunch of ladies. If you're smart, you learn how a real woman writes, an agency employee writes and scammer writes. Not hard to figure them out. Get on the phone with some of them. If they're happy to hear your voice every time you call, they may be sincerely into you. Scammers can't remain happy too long if you're not putting out money. Don't get involved with women who has problems that are solved with money.

I admit, I'm an over-thinker, over-analyzer and over-planner. Not to mention I am suspicious and mistrusting as hell. I'm the doc who assumes half the shit my patient tells me is a lie. well, depending on the patient it often is.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:12:00 PM by redking11 »

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »
I admit, I'm an over-thinker, over-analyzer and over-planner. Not to mention I am suspicious and mistrusting as hell. I'm the doc who assumes half the shit my patient tells me is a lie. well, depending on the patient it often is.

A very bad trait (if you can't control it) if you start going down this path, one of the biggest reasons I sometimes argue with my girlfriend, and I mean like 99% of the time that happens, it is a simple misunderstanding in how she understands something to what I really meant, both in language and in actions/difference in culture - and vise verse of course.

and she speaks fairly good English, but also have in mind that English is not MY first language. So we are both to blame there.

You have to think two three times about what she said and did she really mean what she said/did and ask both yourself and her, did you really understand.

And I would say this is true for all the interactions I had with girls there over the years.
One of the first things I learned myself was to be open-minded, trust before mistrust, ask before jumping to conclusions.. many mistakes where made and is still being made, but I learn ;)

not to mention, FSU ladies can be devious as hell and test you in ways you never thought was possible  :whew:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
Forgive me for asking a 2nd question off topic from the original post.

Feel free to use this thread that you started to ask as many questions
as you think of. 

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:21:42 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 10:21:08 AM »
redking11, don't spend to much time thinking before you start this.

A little bit of planning goes a long way.

I made a list of every single thing I wanted in a woman. Then I made
a list of deal breakers. Stuff that I absolutely wouldn't tolerate. I put
the list in some kind of order from the most important to the most 
minutely important.

Then at least if the perfect girl came along I should spot her, or if
two high quality girls came along at the same time I would have
some sort of stick to measure them with so that a winner could
be declared. 

That's my two kopecks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:36:11 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »

Set a period of time as your analyzing/planning. Say 20 hours of forum
study and 20 hours of goal setting and organizing. Then a drop dead date
to start.

Write 30 girls and look at the results.

Once you start interacting with girls you will realize it that your favorite
girl in the beginning never ends up being your favorite as you continue
so over analyzing in the beginning doesn't yield better results.

There are no magic words, no magic formula or elixir in this pursuit.
In many ways it's a numbers game and you need to sort through 3
tons of sand and gravel to find one gold nugget. 

The most important thing is to find a good girl. You can compromise
on ANYTHING except character.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 10:55:49 AM »

Based on that revelation, maybe rethink about going through this endeavor. The chances of you meeting someone who is fluent in English, with all the language nuisances you are accustomed to, will be very low. Couple this with the obvious cultural differences - your relationship is destined to be doomed from the get-go.

It's one thing to be what you say you are, but adding a person in your life who will have initial challenges of FULLY relating everything in life with you during those precious initial months of marriage because of language and cultural barriers, will undoubtedly bring an added dimension of potential problems in both your lives.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline redking11

Re: Weeding our fake profiles
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 01:18:48 PM »

not to mention, FSU ladies can be devious as hell and test you in ways you never thought was possible  :whew:

That's scary. Who can give examples and/or a story on this. I have a feeling a few guys out there have some stories worth telling.

Offline redking11

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »
Based on that revelation, maybe rethink about going through this endeavor. The chances of you meeting someone who is fluent in English, with all the language nuisances you are accustomed to, will be very low. Couple this with the obvious cultural differences - your relationship is destined to be doomed from the get-go.

It's one thing to be what you say you are, but adding a person in your life who will have initial challenges of FULLY relating everything in life with you during those precious initial months of marriage because of language and cultural barriers, will undoubtedly bring an added dimension of potential problems in both your lives.

I'm not too worried about it. I am mistrusting until I decide to trust. Also from moving to Germany and having to learn the language I understand what it is like not to be able to understand or convey nuance in language and I learned how to speak in a way that is more plain and direct to avoid misunderstanding. working in a border town with only basic Spanish skills makes this an everyday practice. I have compassion for people learning a foreign language. I don't need her to be at a fluency level where she is understanding idioms and nuance just the ability to convey straight forward information. If I meet a girl with the language abilities I feel I need, great, if not, what will I lose? A few wonderful trips to countries I haven't been to yet but would go to eventually anyways. I've learned not to try and force everything and enjoy the journey.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 02:58:13 AM »
Some advice from someone who did not participate in searching for 15 years,  note that everything I mention may be outdated1. Women might contact you if they think you are a good catch, but in general expect you to do the work. They make themselves available, it is up to you to make use of that.While it is possible for women to contact you, be careful on a site where you pay per contact, it might just be the agency wanting you to spend cash and women will disappear once no more cash is to be made.2. Be prepared. That means have things like Skype and Whatssapp, Viber and other thingsat hand to exchange. Every woman of legal age (and below) has a mobile phone.3. Know when you can travel.  Yes you really will need to travel and meet the woman. While booking tickets on forehand is not to be advised, you might be sure your passport is up to date, you know who will take care of your kid for short time and when you might travel.4. Russian is not more complicated than German. It has more or less the same number of tenses, and while more Latin than Germanic the spoken language is phonetic. Al you need is to learn the aphabet to get basic understanding.5. This will cost time and money. Know what you can spend and if you can support your future family.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1965
Total: 1974

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM