It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Have you ever been to Egypt?  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Nataly Z

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Have you ever been to Egypt?
« on: February 06, 2020, 05:25:17 AM »
Hi!!! I'd like to go to Egypt now. Which hotel would you recommend? I'm not interested in expensive ones. The best one: good price for good quality 😎
Life is beautiful!!!😉

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Have you ever been to Egypt?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 06:16:12 AM »
You have a choice of Sharm or Hurghada ....   

Packages are the best value  from Ukraine..  but you can look at Trip Advisor / Booking.com for rating of accommodation

IF you book a flight and accommodation separately, be careful about whether the prices quoted included tax ... as this can add 12%

My wife used to go there every November and / or Feb - but now prefers Thailand

Enjoy .... 

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 06:43:58 AM »
My wife took her nephew to Sharm el Sheik in October.  They flew round trip from Kharkiv on a chartered flight for the tour package.

Flight, 6 nights at Sunrise Arabian, all inclusive meals, was 40.433 UAH for both of them.

If you're arranging hotel separately, I saw this other resort for a decent price - about $450 for a seaview room, with breakfast, for 6 nights:

http://tinyurl.com/ruj3bum

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:44:31 PM by AnonMod »

Offline GenMish

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 06:56:11 AM »
We had a tour booked for Israel and Egypt, but while in the Israel portion a tourist bus was hijacked in the Sinai. Since Sinai was part of the tour,  our tour company replaced that with a Jordan tour. I was bummed at first, but I had no idea riding Camels and sleeping in tents in Wadi Rum can be so fun. The other highlights were Petra and Jeresh. If you have already done Egypt, consider Jordan for something different.  You can still mix in inexpensive luxury beach action at nearby Al Aqabah 

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
I have been to Egypt before.

But only stupid tourists would go there now.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »
Hi!!! I'd like to go to Egypt now. Which hotel would you recommend? I'm not interested in expensive ones. The best one: good price for good quality

What do you want to see?  Do?

The posts above talk about Red Sea resorts.  They resemble the Antalya resorts in Turkey, all inclusive and hordes of Russians and Ukrainians.   Two differences: 

1.   Red Sea is more interesting than the Mediterranean Sea.  Water clarity is better in the Red Sea , and there are abundant coral reefs to fulfill your interest in diving or snorkeling.   My observation is from 10+ years  ago, so I don't know how tourism may have diminished the coral. 

2.   In my opinion, the best part of Egypt is not the Red Sea but the ancient history.  Cairo and Luxor (Valley of the Kings, Temples, Ramses) take more than one day each to embrace fully.   A boat cruise along the Nile between the two cities  is fascinating, yet is not inexpensive.

Things have changed since my first trip to Egypt in 1976  when working for the UN.  The Egyptian Museum in Cairo in 1976 was not crowded, and many of the rooms were illuminated by a single, naked, 60-watt incandescent light.   Indeed Egypt was impoverished, in part to fighting to a bloody stalemate the 1973 Yom Kippur  War (aka Ramadan War).   After the war, the Egyptians kicked their largest benefactor,  Russia, out of the country and had not yet opened channels with Americans.   

I returned twice to Egypt in the 1990s, and everything was different.  I can not imagine today.     

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 12:59:30 AM »
I've known a few single women who visited Egypt with female friends.  They said they couldn't walk down streets without being called at, harassed, or groped.  Two said "Never again." 

I'd expect this isn't much of an issue in resorts, or on tours with other foreigners, but it may be if you like venturing out on your own.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 01:16:49 AM »
Gator,

Two friends of mine from the sailing club - who are 'mad' for hieroglyphics went to Egypt and the Valley of the Kings ... and returned safely.

Boethius

Many  of beaches are 'private' ( fenced off) and have 'security' ... SC had no worries about venturing into resort areas by day or night ... Her attitude to going was only changed by the downing of the Russian tourist plane over Sinai

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »
I've known a few single women who visited Egypt with female friends.  They said they couldn't walk down streets without being called at, harassed, or groped.  Two said "Never again." 

This happens almost everywhere in the Middle East if not part of a tour excursion. 

If not covered properly, the locals consider Western women fair game.  Covering is more than a head scarf.  The behavior is disgraceful to us, yet the wardrobe of Western women is disgraceful to ordinary men, unless their nation has embraced modernity.     

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 10:35:29 AM »
Oh, Ple-ease, Gator ...

Egypt and Turkey are predominately 'Islamic' nations and there are parts of both nations where 'western dress' is accepted - as is the Touristy Euro, Dollar, Pound, Rouble, etc., that accompanies it !

Many guys that are 'offended' are only too happy to get closer for a good look ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 10:55:38 AM »
Oh, Ple-ease, Gator ...

Egypt and Turkey are predominately 'Islamic' nations and there are parts of both nations where 'western dress' is accepted - as is the Touristy Euro, Dollar, Pound, Rouble, etc., that accompanies it !

Reading comprehension problem?  I wrote "...unless their nation has embraced modernity," and that would include Turkey and others.  Yet, venture into the provincial cities, the villages, and the bazaars of some large cities, the world regresses. 

Many guys that are 'offended' are only too happy to get closer for a good look ;)

I concede the 'offended'  look.   Surprised us when nude sunbathing on what I thought was a completely secluded beach outside Essaouira.   It helped to be bigger than them. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 11:06:39 AM »
Reading comprehension problem?  I wrote "...unless their nation has embraced modernity," and that would include Turkey and others.  Yet, venture into the provincial cities, the villages, and the bazaars of some large cities, the world regresses. 

Gator,

Have you been to Bali ?

The Ski resorts of Lebanon in season ? 

There's plenty that would 'shock' the 'sort' who've never been and wouldn't go to a 'Muslim' country

*I* chose Turkey and Egypt as they are perfect examples of nations struggling to come to terms as to their identity and if they want to be 'modern' in a western sense.

I concede the 'offended'  look.   Surprised us when nude sunbathing on what I thought was a completely secluded beach outside Essaouira.   It helped to be bigger than them.

As you know, Iranians are quite passionate ;)

SC's Dad was ethically of the followers of the Prophet - her Ma - Orthodox Christian  - I never met someone less worried about getting undressed - yet NO way would she go naked on a beach with other people around ....  THAT is why she likes sailing
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:09:28 AM by msmob »

Offline Gator

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 11:15:24 AM »
Gator,

Have you been to Bali ?

Reading comprehension problem again? 

My post said "Middle East," not Islamic nation nor Far East, yet you cite both. 

I bet you did not take your Ritalin today. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 12:11:41 PM »
You 'forgot' to diss my eyesight, too.))

Is Turkey in the middle-east to you?

Offline Gator

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 12:24:10 PM »

Is Turkey in the middle-east to you?

Crossroads.    For centuries been more Middle East than Europe.  Turkey wants to be an EU state, yet has dreams of an expanded role in the Middle East, now becoming cozy with Russia, and operating aggressive military actions in Syria and maybe Libya.  So, you tell me if there's a black-or-white answer? 

What this has to do with tourism in Egypt evades me.   

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 02:02:40 PM »
Crossroads.    For centuries been more Middle East than Europe.  Turkey wants to be an EU state, yet has dreams of an expanded role in the Middle East, now becoming cozy with Russia, and operating aggressive military actions in Syria and maybe Libya.  So, you tell me if there's a black-or-white answer? 

What this has to do with tourism in Egypt evades me.

YOU complained about my use of Bali - but not Turkey ...   I do not consider TR a M.E. country !

Let's stay on Egypt ..)

Offline Nataly Z

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 09:12:00 AM »
You have a choice of Sharm or Hurghada ....   

Packages are the best value  from Ukraine..  but you can look at Trip Advisor / Booking.com for rating of accommodation

IF you book a flight and accommodation separately, be careful about whether the prices quoted included tax ... as this can add 12%

My wife used to go there every November and / or Feb - but now prefers Thailand

Enjoy ....

Thanks😊
Life is beautiful!!!😉

Offline Nataly Z

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 09:13:10 AM »
My wife took her nephew to Sharm el Sheik in October.  They flew round trip from Kharkiv on a chartered flight for the tour package.

Thank you for answering ☺️

Flight, 6 nights at Sunrise Arabian, all inclusive meals, was 40.433 UAH for both of them.

If you're arranging hotel separately, I saw this other resort for a decent price - about $450 for a seaview room, with breakfast, for 6 nights:

http://tinyurl.com/ruj3bum
Life is beautiful!!!😉

Offline Nataly Z

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 09:14:39 AM »
I have been to Egypt before.

But only stupid tourists would go there now.

So..you were stupid as well?😂
Life is beautiful!!!😉

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1875
Total: 1886

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM