It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting the K1 Visa docs!!!!!  (Read 26991 times)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Starting the K1 Visa docs!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:06 AM »

Why are they sending it to Colombia?  Do they outsource the same way as call centres?  :D

Kiwi, you are a ball buster.  ;D
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Kineo

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 12:12:37 PM »
Today's update! I just mailed out the I-129F package for my Lena today and created my visa timeline on VisaJourney.com everything is now in motion. Thanks to all for your well wishes and keep us in your prayers for a smooth process!!!! With any luck, I will be going to meet Lena in Kiev for her interview in Oct or Nov!!!!!  :clapping:
Congrats Hammer! I will be watching you timeline. I am gathering my documentation and hope to mail my package by the end of the month.
-K

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »
Let the fun begin!!!!!!!  :clapping:

At least before the real work begins...

In any case enjoy this very special time.

Wish you two the very best!

Offline pemdas1983

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 05:42:03 AM »
Well, I am officially starting the K1 docs for my Olenka. First thing I realized is that I could not find my birth certificate. Have no clue where it is. My mom has the original but since it has a raised seal it is not accepted by the government so I had to order copies from my birth state's office of vital statistics. Hoping to get these in the mail next week. Let the fun begin!!!!!!!  :clapping:

That reminds me of my situation at work.  Can't they just let you by with your social security card and your DL instead? 
Getting a copy of my birth certificate would be difficult for me if I have to contact the state that I was born in...  I was actually born in another country as my dad was in the military.  Not sure if I would contact that country or contact the military base I was born on. 

It would suck if that base were closed down by the time I needed my birth certificate.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 07:16:38 AM »
That reminds me of my situation at work.  Can't they just let you by with your social security card and your DL instead? 
Getting a copy of my birth certificate would be difficult for me if I have to contact the state that I was born in...  I was actually born in another country as my dad was in the military.  Not sure if I would contact that country or contact the military base I was born on. 

It would suck if that base were closed down by the time I needed my birth certificate.

I believe that you can also use your passport instead of your birth certificate.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »

At some point in the future, not even considering the situation of marrying a FSUW, you are going to need your birth certificate.  I would start working on getting it now . . . before the need is at hand.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 07:54:45 AM »
Yeah, already got it. Had to order it online from NJ. Also got a letter from my company HR Verifying my employment. Now, just waiting for that NOA2!

Offline Jumper

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:10 PM »
pembas,
I had a similar (father-military ) background,and no birth certificate available.
Bases do close, deployments arn't always to a US military base either.
I am a US citizen and i've held a passport as long as I can remember, and
my passport worked just fine for a K1 filing and all the follow up.

Getting  passport without one is a little challenge, filing a K1 not so much.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »
Congrats hammer! and good luck

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
Now this is really weird!!!! I just got this e-mail from USCIS today:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)Your Case Status: Card/ Document ProductionOn August 14, 2012, your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was processed and mailed to the address on record.  If you have not received it within 30 days of August 14, 2012, contact customer service at [color=rgb(0, 173, 237) !important] [size=1em !important]1-800-375-5283.  If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at  1-800-375-5283.This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole).  Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at  1-800-375-5283.If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from [/color]USCIS[color=rgb(0, 173, 237) !important] within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at  (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at [/color]www.uscis.gov[color=rgb(0, 173, 237) !important] under Check Processing Times.

It seems that my gals green card is getting prepared. Except, we're still in the waiting for NOA2 stage. LOL!!!!!  Methinks that someone at USCIS screwed up!!!!! What are the odds?????  ;D [/size][/color][/font][/color]

Offline remiel6

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »
I would call to make sure everything is correct. Its been a couple years since I did mine, but no card should be given for a fiance visa until after she does her adjustment of status in the US. I think a K3 is different, but not sure. still I would call.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to call tomorrow. I believe that someone at USCIS might have entered a wrong WAC number wrong and sent the e-mail to me. It was probably meant for someone else.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 02:55:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to call tomorrow. I believe that someone at USCIS might have entered a wrong WAC number wrong and sent the e-mail to me. It was probably meant for someone else.

Then again, maybe you've won the lottery!  Whoever is responsible for assessing whatever is provided was just so impressed by your paperwork that they felt the next couple of intermediate steps weren't necessary!  :ROFL:

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:56 AM »
I told my fiance about this and she said that maybe a USCIS guy saw her photos and decided that she would get her green card right away! LOL

Offline viking

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 05:58:46 AM »
I would call to make sure everything is correct. Its been a couple years since I did mine, but no card should be given for a fiance visa until after she does her adjustment of status in the US. I think a K3 is different, but not sure. still I would call.

A K1 is for a fiance visa. A K3 is similiar to a CR1 ( already married) but is now essentially no longer used.

Hammer

Did not read this whole thread but if you filed for a K1, there is still quite a bit you will have to go thru yet. After NOA2, then comes preparing for the interview at the embassy. Then entering the US. then getting married, then filing for AOS ( 2 year green card, EAD, and AP) then another interview before finally getting her green card.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:01:46 AM by viking »
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 06:08:06 AM »
A K1 is for a fiance visa. A K3 is similiar to a CR1 ( already married) but is now essentially no longer used.

Hammer

Did not read this whole thread but if you filed for a K1, there is still quite a bit you will have to go thru yet. After NOA2, then comes preparing for the interview at the embassy. Then entering the US. then getting married, then filing for AOS ( 2 year green card, EAD, and AP) then another interview before finally getting her green card.

I realize that we have a long wait to go before getting the green card. I believe that they screwed up either by sending this e-mail to the wrong person (me) or the subject topic was sent in error and what they meant to send me was a letter confirming my recent change of address. Either way, I'll find out when I call them today.

Offline viking

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 06:19:15 AM »
WHAT ?! The government screwed up? Seriously? OMG !! How is that possible? I mean..it's the government for Pete's sake.  :cluebat: This is why you need to be on top of everything as you go thru all this.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:17 AM »
Just once, I wish that a govt screwup would actually benefit us rather than hurting us the way it usually ends up playing out!  ;)

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 07:33:02 AM »
It appears to be just a blanket form type letter covering a multitude of different topics doesn't it?

Of course it could just be a mistake, it isn't conceivable one could get a GG before an interview. No way would they pass up application fees  :o

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »
I just got off the phone with USCIS. They confirmed that it was probably a misaken form letter because they do use template letters. They were supposed to send me the change of address letter.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 07:12:53 AM »
Looks like the CSC has been moving pretty fast processing I129F applications. They are already working on May petitions. I sent mine in early June. At the pace they are going, I may just get my NOA2 by late September!!!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!! :clapping:

Offline Daveman

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »
I just got off the phone with USCIS. They confirmed that it was probably a misaken form letter because they do use template letters. They were supposed to send me the change of address letter.

Some of those form letters are automatic.  I sent in both tracks of the CR-1 at the same time, and got a form letter with a check list to send in the DS230 part 1.  So naturally, I thought something was wrong with the one I sent, i.e., they lost it, or something wasn't exactly the way they wanted it... so I wasted some time trying to find out exactly what was wrong with the first one, only to find out everything had been approved two days prior to the date on the form letter. 

I was told that sometimes the form letters are triggered due to the order in which documents are filed/entered by them.  Uhhhh, ok.  Seems by now they would have processed enough of these to have such little quirks unquirked... oh wait... yeah.. I just remembered who we're dealing with...  ;D

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »
Well, Yesterday I was curious about the status of my K1 pettition so I went to the USCIS site to check on it. I find a message on my account that states a letter was sent to me but the USPS returned it as undeliverable!!!!!! I immediately call USCIS to find out what the hell is going on. Apparently, they sent the letter to my old address even though I verified with them that they did indeed have my new address some time ago. It figures that the morons in the USCIS managed to screw this up.

They had to send a a special request to the CSC to resend me the letter to my new address. I'm hoping that it was the NOA2 that was sent. They would not tell me what the content of the letter was. I'll keep my fingers crossed while I wait for the re-sent letter. .... Man, is this frustrating or what?

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »
Well, Yesterday I was curious about the status of my K1 pettition so I went to the USCIS site to check on it. I find a message on my account that states a letter was sent to me but the USPS returned it as undeliverable!!!!!! I immediately call USCIS to find out what the hell is going on. Apparently, they sent the letter to my old address even though I verified with them that they did indeed have my new address some time ago. It figures that the morons in the USCIS managed to screw this up.

They had to send a a special request to the CSC to resend me the letter to my new address. I'm hoping that it was the NOA2 that was sent. They would not tell me what the content of the letter was. I'll keep my fingers crossed while I wait for the re-sent letter. .... Man, is this frustrating or what?

You should have never moved. You'll probably have to submit a change of address every time they send you a letter going forward. We moved after we got married and all through and right up until my wife got her GC it was a losing battle. The odd thing was, some correspondence came to the correct address and addressed properly. Some ended up at my son's house who's name is different, address is different and he lived across town. We litterally changed our address to the same address at least 6 times. A real work of art is the USCIS

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
Yeah, I have a feeling that I will be having to call them again in the future.  :arguing:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1962
Total: 1973

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM