It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting Over in 2018  (Read 28002 times)

Offline BoozeBaron

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Starting Over in 2018
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
Wife watched this video with me.
The gal kept repeating . . . Ukrainians are not racist.

Wife said:  Yes they are !!
Can your bride elaborate on that one? How did that get injected into this thread? From the video and success of black guys? (guessing) - I'm also dancing between the hand grenades some others are tossing at each other that don't pertain to me ... Moving on ... (oh, and if my guess is right - no need to explain) I get it... Cheers 
I'm American born, but work in London, Prague, and NZ... Currently back in the USA

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2019, 08:40:43 PM »
The first thing to ask a woman who has a child is whether the father is involved with her life.   If the answer is 'yes', then she is not a suitable candidate to be dating.   Simples.   There are too many other women out there who don't have such a problem. 

Even if the father is NOT in the child's life, once they hear that the ex-wife is contemplating living overseas with their son or daughter, you can expect push back.  Or, flat out, bribery.
Does everyone concur with this if their answer is "yes"? An going thru pages and pages of wild sh$t here and trying to scrape a few nuggets of wisdom from anything I can... If everyone is in agreement (didn't see any pushback on it - YET!) then I've added it to my "Nyet" list...
I'm American born, but work in London, Prague, and NZ... Currently back in the USA

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2019, 08:43:46 PM »
BoozeBaron I can answer Jone and still kind of stay on topic 😏 ..... Fdating is all you need to meet FSU women (dmnotify is also, it has a cheap monthly subscription fee). Fdating was recommended to me as a way to meet German women who wanted to converse with native English speakers to practice her English skills.  (On DM you can make this as a preference and a lot of women are there partially for this reason).

Jone, I may have mentioned this several years ago, I was planning a trip to Germany and wanted to spend time chatting with a native speaker to pick up the basics.  Unfortunately after a week of trying with a young woman, I realised I needed to start this process with a basic beginner course.

In the mean time a bisexual woman from Kaliningrad Sext me..... she wanted to know if I would like to try her “pancakes with cream”😂. After a series of escalating and very suggestive food related sext, I found she liked women more than men and there’s a bisexual and gay sub culture on fdating, especially amongst Russians. I can’t remember now, but they put some secret sign to indicate they are gay or bi in their profile.

This woman liked Australia and was interested in learning more about our culture and I in turn started developing an interest in Russian culture and she taught me a lot. After a week or two she left the site and I decided to message some Russian women and continue a similar online friendship like the bisexual woman. In the group of women I messaged was K and she covered all bases, she knew some German and also could satisfy my new found interest in Russia.

BoozeBaron, I was blown away by the reply rate on fdating I think most of the women replied and it was nothing like online dating at home, where you send 50
messages to get several replies and a date if you’re lucky..... and all the women seemed genuine (I messaged women around the same age as me, with children as I had kids also)

K replied last and because she knew some German I said goodbye to the rest and we discovered we shared a very similar life. She was married to a serial cheater and so had I. Our ex’s left us at home every weekend with the kids while they drank, partied and slept around and our oldest children were estranged from our Ex’s because they left us for their last affair partner and our kids reacted badly to this. Her daughter had very minimal contact at that stage and this occurred at the in-laws where she felt more comfortable in her dads presence. Their older son was already in Uni and hadn’t talked to his dad for over a year, like my oldest daughter with my ex.

This is where I made a mistake Jone in hindsight. At the start we were just two online pen pals supporting each other with reuniting our children with our wayward ex spouses and we were very successful. Now all of our children enjoy a great relationship with them.

When we started developing feelings for each other, the conversation regarding her ex allowing their daughter to leave the country come up several times and she was certain this would be ok. Even after my trip we discussed this and she said as long as her daughter could return several times a year she thinks her Ex will agree. Obviously her ex had other ideas on this matter.

The girl I’m meeting in a week has already told me she’s not particularly interested in leaving Russia, we are just going to have some fun in the sun, so I’ll probably be back on fdating and repeat this whole process next year if I don’t meet a nice local woman in the meantime.

Sorry for the sidetrack again BoozeBaron Good luck in your upcoming adventure, I hope it goes well for you 😁
  Cheers Davo  - I need to digest this one... Gonna sleep on all this info you've shared, if that's OK?? ta - BB

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2019, 08:48:42 PM »
It is even more involved than that.   Assuming the woman you are hooking up with has a child, and says that the father is not in the child's life and gives 'full permission' to travel and live overseas, you should note that this is NOT always the case.   It is the one fatal flaw in many relationships.   And the women know this.   So, even though she says that the father is not in the child's life, it is important to be ever watchful for indicators that he is.

Over the years we've read stories of women faking their child's father's documents so that the child could leave the country.   After all, if the father is not involved, then why should he ever complain?  Right?

When I was in Mykolaiv, I dated a gal who was very beautiful and sweet and fun.   But I heard how she shared custody of her child with the father and the father's family, and could not imagine that they would ever let that child out of the country.   In the end, she found someone locally and married him (I think.)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2019, 09:07:35 PM »
NOTED... The only (and massive) difference is, your "Ops" is up and running 100% lining up meetings, dates, conversing etc... I'm 15 miles behind ya with all that - truly starting from square 1 and the first thing I noticed (besides me now being older) is the pickings are slimmer.. Not as many sites or agencies (am sure "this" had to eventually run its course from way back in the days when AWeb were busing sex tours thru there weekly burning a very bad path for the "nice guys" who are sincere with both intent and desire) ... Digressing... Where or what resources are you using now to meet new ladies?? Also "Social Media" (VK IG, etc) it doesn't take much to reverse image search to find someone and pry them away from a greedy agency - but point is; "dating sites" targeting western men - for good or evil - at least relocating should be implied... the 3rd Q i always ask is "why they're searching abroad and/or if they're open to a new life abroad"? THAT answer will tell you everything thing you need to know for a first step...

RE: Russian women are masters of "figuring you out" and your desires... then becoming that person you desire to a T... (you explained it better or someone did) but is oh so very true... Point is, you gotta get down to motive and intent without appearing overly eager or gawd forbid, desperate/needy... They want a man - just like in UK, Oz, NZ, America - 8 years of learning Russian (but not telling them right away) helps more than you'll ever know :) Cheers -

Offline msmob

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2019, 03:29:29 AM »
Misleading.

First, the child would need an international passport, which requires the involvement of both parents to acquire, I believe.

Second, that site svo-aero, also states that one parent can notify the ministry of internal affairs to prevent the child from travelling.

Third, a 16 yr old is not considered a child and has more rights, including getting a passport on their own.

Hi Steve,

My biz partner's daughter is 14 and no permission was required from him (Dad)  for her ( daughter) to journey with Ma to Israel from the Russians

They do the trip once a year - neither the Israelis or Russians needed / asked for permission from the father - even though they had the notoriSed letter.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2019, 04:24:08 AM »
The first thing to ask a woman who has a child is whether the father is involved with her life.   If the answer is 'yes', then she is not a suitable candidate to be dating.   Simples.   There are too many other women out there who don't have such a problem. 

Even if the father is NOT in the child's life, once they hear that the ex-wife is contemplating living overseas with their son or daughter, you can expect push back.  Or, flat out, bribery.

This a big problem that can push your story to be a train wreck. 
And this is a question that had to find some answers, early in the relationship.  What is the relationship with the ex? 
Could he block you like Davo?   
Could he expect money to sign the document ? 
Personaly i had the chance to deal with a smart man, BUT i did everything possible to make the first steps.
For example :  ex wifey didn't want him to be at the marriage. I wanted him to be there. I respected this man every minute from the beginning and he damned know it, proof we were in the night club with his wife three days ago and he paid the bill! could'nt zaplatit dengue
Ok, not all FSU men are smart and wise, that's the point. But try to convince this man that you are worthy (and what you have to offer) for his child and it could work.
I included in the matrix from the scratch and it worked.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 03:19:07 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2019, 05:13:53 AM »
When I first met V her son was already 17 and Dad and she shared residency .. 

He eventually lived with us full-time

The father send him party presents but would have been just as happy to see his lad in the RU army and trained up for a trade - rather than attending UNi in ?Oxford ..

Most Soviet era women had kids young - so it wasn't hard to find a 37 year old Mother with a 17 year old son and no issue re Dad

Offline BoozeBaron

Re: Starting Over in 2019/2020
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2019, 12:34:19 PM »
Hey Guys (gals?) -
Can anyone update me as to Dan, the owner of this site?? (either here or offline in private?) as we're both from CO - but know he kinda went off the grid for a few years - and am starting to fear the worst - as I too have been away from RWD for almost a year - so dunno what's become of him?

That said - I used to Mod this site for over 10 yrs but then 'life' got in the way, and relinquished my duties - That said, can someone direct me to the current MOD for this thread? I just have a request.... Thanks for any info -
All that said - I need a few FINAL favours please (or requests) then I'll wrap this thread/OP up - I used to have an AWESOME US/UA letter translator here in the US (married an American, divorced, remarried, and would do my in and outbound letter translations but also would offer up advice as to 'tone' of letters I'd get back and she'd give me her opinion if the gal sounded sincere or not? - So now, I am in need of that same type of person - both someone that can do basic letter translations for me - but also 'advise' me when a reply comes in and if she feels I'm just getting a generic form letter reply - or something that was written from the heart or not? (nothing is full-proof and anyone can be deceived) - but as I rebuild my Baltic/Russian/UA 'team' before embarking on my next trip - after signing up on FDate last night It dawned on me that I will def need translation help if I should get letters in "Russian" (Ukrainian/Belorussian) - so those of you that have years and years of contacting and writing ladies before progressing onto Skype or face to face mtgs - can someone suggest a US-based person who can help me with these translations AND someone who is willing to spend 15 mins of their day to speak with me via phone to outline my objectives and what I seek from them and if we agree that my objective (e.g. the type of gal I seek - and her core values, morals and characteristics) line up with my desires and that she/he fully understands that ones that are "party girls" or ones that aren't interested in family I don't wanna waste my time on/with... so need her to act as a 'filter' for me when there's words or phrasing that's beyond my language skill-level..... Fair?

2nd - is that my last UA trip was landing in KBP then flew down to ODS for 21 days - where the 'agency' I was using to meet these gals (and were writing back to me expressing allot of interest) - the SECOND I told them "hey, I'm in Odesa on the Black Sea beach watching the fireworks right now - Let's get together for coffee/tea some Noon (if they weren't working or studying) and chat some while watching the fireworks later tonight if things go well? All but 2 flat out said "No" over that 21 day stay -AND- when I approached my '5 star' agency for "ground support" to help drum up more contacts or line up any dates or suggestions for dinners or theatre or whatever (date ideas) they had NOTHING to offer me - NOTHING! I'm like WTH an I paying you guys for??? (You had to pay $100/per gal to get her contact info and pass the US background check so that's what the $100 was supposedly for - yet once we met and I asked about this, none of them had received MY info or background check... So needless to say I had some stern words with that agency, then promptly sacked them b/c they had nothing to offer me 'on the ground' in Kiev or Odesa (or heaven forbid, I went looking outside the major cities, then I'm really flying solo there) - Now the one good thing I'll say is that once we got around the agency BS and met and talked - we shut the restaurant down at 2AM and we were together for 19 months and eventually engaged to be married after 7x trips back in 2013 - So it CAN work... Anyone that was here around when I was penning my Trip Report knows why I ended things (hardest thing I ever did b/c to me, she was perfect) and she did allot for me that not even A/W would ever dream of doing... UA women (the good ones) are just amazing - which is why I'm back here looking for help to reengage after a 5 year absence - Without naming 2 agency names - does anyone have anything to say about the Agency in the Poltava area led by an Italian guy and his UA wife? Trustworthy? There's a New Zealand agency that may not even be in biz anymore as they had many issues with other agencies they'd partnered with that kinda screwed them and us male clients over - so think I'll have to scratch that one off the list despite talking to the owner in Auckland several times...

But back on topic - None of the the gals that said they were interested in meeting me - once I said "hey, I'm here now, let's meet now?!" - But as said, pretty much everyone of them declined with some BS excuse - which tells me that agency was paying their girls just to write guys and had no true interest in finding a western guy or a serious relationship - And my suggestions to meet and talk (even said use your own agency Terp of their choosing and their own taxi service, etc... whatever makes you 100% comfy) -I'd still get shot down ... Not b/c I was suggesting anything inappropriate (anyone who knows me knows that my morals and values are above reproach) and would like to think my heart is in the right place and have nothing but the purest of intentions - plus only other people can judge us and if we're (I'm) worthy of such high praise or not?- And yes, while I do have an ego - only others can judge us and our character and how we act in public... Why do I say all this? because as I watch Day 3 of this Ukraine stuff on TV and "corruption" - Lies, stealing, and misrepresentations are just a way of life in Ukraine - so it's kind of an uphill battle and one more hurdle of building trust we must clear to get even a coffee date... and to get gals to understand that you're truly sincere and serious about finding your other half in life and not looking just to get into her pants... Mmmmmkay?

So let me land the plane here, as I've prattled on too much here as it is - but just to reiterate, I need a US-based letter translator that's fair and trustworthy and insightful... (2) An agency or match maker in EUROPE (ANYWHERE (UA/RU/BEL/ANY COUNTRY ENDING IN -STAN THAT'S ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN BASED) that provides ground support should things with "Plan A or B" go pear shaped... Again, I always have a backup plan... but you can only do so much plus I'm NOT a WMVM type - but maybe need to look at that approach? (so that's why I asked about the POLTAVA agency who has like a 5-7 day tour and sets up meeting dozens of gals) but we all know most show up for the free food, or free night out, or worse, are "pro daters" that are impossible to suss out if you have 30 guys and 300 gals to identify?? - no agency can discern a guy or gals true intentions and motives - which is why i typically fly solo and find the gals I like doing my own legwork and research - but this time i need a bigger pool of gals to select from as time is short to book things (assuming they're interested in me too) - but if things should go off the rails, I don't wanna waste a trip for just 1 gal should things not go to plan...
Sorry again for the long post - I'm working - watching this Impeachment thing plus trying to plan my Christmas/NY holidays ....So any help here or abroad (I'm open to other countries besides UA) but obviously know that best - so whatever works...
I do have a Q in regards to Crimea as I had someone contact me from there - What's the procedure NOW to cross the 'border' from say Odessa into Yalta/Crimea now that it's under Russian control? Do I need to get a RU ViSA? as I need to submit that like NOW if it is needed?
Many thanks to all -

Best -

BB

Offline jone

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
Boy,

You put a load in one post.   Simply put, it seems you're barking up the wrong tree (had to use the visual - sorry). 

Others can direct you regarding Dan and the Mod team.   But I can tell you that you are ten years behind the times of meeting women.   Your attempts to use a PPC or PPL site will only backfire.   Those gals are there to make money.  Go to a subscription site or a free site.  Then the motivation is less direct and the interest you have from women is more genuine.

I have used Elena's Models in the past and had success.   Others use FDating or other like sites.   If you are looking for a TERP or an Agency, I believe you are putting the cart before the horse and will fail.   You need to get your feet on the ground and having someone simply there to suck money out of your pocket will not get you where you need to be.   Whether you are Visit Many or a Visit One kinda guy, you will have much more success if you get away from the agency mentality.  Contact these women directly.  But with a different method than what you appear to be using. 

Most of these gals have English capability and those that don't have friends.  But without interaction with the women in advance, you are doomed to failure.

Luck!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:48:56 PM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2019, 01:20:02 PM »
Baron i remember you.
I could, i would help you so you can come back to the saddle. I have a quite extensive dating experience in FSU using a lot of tools.
I think that i got what you want to say, but would recommand to make shorter posts, because it's hard to swallow.
I Would more redirect you to the Karkov/Poltava area, you have missed the shoot with ODS last time, it's obvious.
Send me a PM and we will give you my skype nickname or viber or whatsapp because i prefer real communication. I could also maybe find you a terp. It will need some money but you know FSU.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2019, 05:55:15 PM »
BB, thanks I read your response to my question over the page. So you were around the age I am now 38-42, incidentally 38 was about the age I first met my first date in the FSU abroad in Kiev, I'm now 41 at present. If you're now around 50 then you will have to think what you are looking for, what you have to offer, where best to go and what you want in life.

FDate I didn't like at first, I originally used Elena's Models, after a few years I realised that FDate was giving me the true reflection of what genuine interest there is. I didn't like it at irst as I was not getting nearly the level of interest O wa on EM. I know now that is because EM uses feeder agencies along with individual girls posting their profiles up. The feeder agencies on their exist to boost the interest a guy gets to make it look that loads of girls are up for it with him, like you're a rock star. You can meet genuine girls on there but it takes about the same time as FDate which is free. It's just a question of waiting for the feeder agency girls to drop out or get removed from the site (to be replaced by other feeder agency girls no doubt). Of course the odd scammer girl can be found anywhere.

Your trip to Odessa reminds me of the book, 'Odessa Dreams' BB. You will find it on Amazon to read on Kindle for a small price. I recommend it as a worthy read and will show you why girls all of a sudden don't turn up from agencies when you're in town.

Now for the love of God BB you don't need a terp, you need to get Independant of all of that stuff or you will be taken for a ride. These days online translation websites can translate for you, 'Google Translate' is one such site. They are much better than in the past, still not perfect but you'll get a very good idea of what the letter says and will be able to read between the lines of any odd sentence that didn't quite fully translate well.

Picking up experience of whether a girl is being genuine her letter, the tone of the letter and what it reveals of the girl is something you need to learn and is best if not only done by experience and doing it yourself. Basic advice is if a girl's letter is full of lovelyness and telling you how wonderful you are from the outset without ever meeting you then it's likely to be dodgy.

I think it's great you're giving this another try BB, I'm not one for giving up on stuff because it's not easy either. I briefly looked into dating in Ukraine back around 2008 so know what it was like back then, even since 2013 things have moved on a bit. Free sites like Fdate are still good, especially to get back into the swing of things. Stuff is beginning to move on though, Pat can tell you more on this. Surface to say that a smart phone is pretty essential these days (I assume you have one?) as so much is on them including mostvofvtge essential communication with the women. Agencies still exist but there kind of like wearing flares in the 80's, just well out of date and the dumping ground of scamming. I'm sure there might be the odd one or two out there that may be ok, even good but unless you're certain Zi wouldn't trust them.

Tours may be worth a shot but definitely avoid any PPL sites as well, there well past their used by date also and again a dumping ground for scammers and in many cases one and the same as agencies. Hope this helps :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline jone

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2019, 06:30:13 PM »
In defense of Elena's Models, I received 100% interest from the women I contacted.   Some people on here have stated that Elena's uses feeder agencies to stock their numbers - but if they are, they are legitimately interested women.  And, I still fail to see how the feeder agencies get paid.   The subscription fees are not significant enough to matter.

I contacted twenty women on this site and wound up dating two of them, both long term.  Trench believes what he wants to believe.   But he has not been successful in this endeavor.  So I would take everything he says with a grain of salt.   He gives opinions on things he knows absolutely nothing about and wonders why he strikes out so often.   When he does manage to get a woman to meet with him, he zips up his coin purse and makes his date go Dutch Treat.

My belief is he never paid the subscription fee so he never found out if the girls were legit or not. 

I believe, on Elena's, that over 90% of the women are actually looking for a man.  A couple are scammers.   But I have heard from other members that Elena Petrova quickly kicks anyone off her site who is suspect.

Hey.  Don't trust me on Trench.   Read what the other members say about him.

There are many avenues to find women on MOB sites.   But don't discount Elena's because Trench wrote a bad review about her site.   Any site that Trench disses, I would consider an endorsement.

Offline msmob

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
BB

1/ Do not pay attention to one word Trench posts as 'advice' ...unless failing is your aim..(

2/ I would not consider crossing from Ukraine to occupied Crimea.

You will need a special document from Kyiv to get permission to visit .The crossing will involve lots of questioning and you do not speak Russian.

Better to visit Crimea via Russia, but then if UA knows, you might be refused entry...((

3/ I am NOT a 'fan' of VM, so forget a backup plan, unless your target goes wrong.

Good luck

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2019, 01:20:23 AM »
Didn't read this one.
Absolutely forget about Crimea and forget this chick for ever.
Someone contact you from there? Too risky, to much problems,
No Baron avoid this shit and delete this region from your dating area.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2019, 02:53:34 AM »
Personally I'd avoid Crimea, Donbas and impacted areas.

Not just because of logistics to visit, but also potential mental health issues, and (lack of) access to their families that remain in the region. You may also be up for extended family relocation costs down the track, not just for a wife. There are many ponds, pick another one to swim in IMO.

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2019, 04:14:09 AM »
Wowsers... A lot of great advice and will cut my posts down in the future after this one. I did say I was long winded at times but will try to be better about that. Sorry

Am on an iPhone XS Max now, so “yes” am “familiar” with tech and such. Been to Eastern Europe over 50 times for biz and my now ex fiancé (ironically was Russian born but family moved to UA) but Google Marussia Auto and Food divisions along w/RU Standard Vodka and you’ll understand better how/why I have the nickname that I do on here. FWIW I’ve NEVER in 19 years ever shared or admitted that. Just want to give the new folk who don’t know me a lil background.

One point I wish to clear up ASAP. I NEVER EVER EVER use/used PPL/PPV sites or agencies. !!!!!! A lesson I learned 15+ years ago from Dan and many others. Am on EM and now on Fdating as of last night. So we’ll see? I’ll reboot my EM profile with current info and new pix etc and see?? But my point about an agency was not b/c I want to use one - but if I fly in within the next 5 weeks, I have zero contacts there now simply because I’ve been away from the game so long. It’d be nice to have ONE honest contact/guide. Typically I always fly solo. Time is changing things this time around. Maybe Cancun is a better option?

Not familiar with VM? Did you mean VK? I said I use that to find out if gals have an active RU BF or is truly single. Not to hook up.

Re: Terps - I totally agree w/that assessment as well but find mtg a new gal if she knows little English and is hedging, I’ll then hire a private terp that she knows for a first date but then jettison her to a taxi (the terp) after an hour .. but having her there helps break the ice or if we get hung up on a word or phrase/topic, the terp can help us decipher where it went off the rails. It’s just a comfort thing for my date. But the sooner gone, the better. Spiritual matters are kinda important to me. So one first date I asked the terp to ask her what she thought about XYZ (don’t recall exactly now how I phrased it) but the terp asked then turned to me and went “boom” and mad an exploding gesture. I thought a moment and then said “Big Bang”?? She said “Da”! Yet gosh 9 months later at their Christmas church service, she was very solemn, sensitive, teary eyed. And I’m like WTF? You don’t believe any of this stuff?! ... and she stormed out offended. (Here we go yet again!) I said on our very first date that I asked you what you believed in and you said “the Big Bang theory” and she shook her head and said No, I never said this!?! I believe in God. So guys, check your terps credentials and ABILITIES very carefully. Glad we got that sorted out even if it took a year!?!

FYI my last terp misspoke or translated my fiancé’s mother’s Question to me at dinner during our engagement dinner with the entire family (her parents agd grandparent didn’t know a lick of English) and so I answered the question loud and proud (it was around “love”) that the TERP had asked me but she then said “you want me to tell them that??? And I’m like yeah why not? And before I could put 2and2 together that she f’d up - she blurted out my response as “the answer” and everyone got up and left!!! (Offended) I’m like WTF just happened?? So I then grabbed the owner of the restaurant (as I’d set this family meal up a week in advance) and then dragged her mum, my GF, the terp all back w/ me into the kitchen and played the “what did you think you asked me?” game. Then once I got the CORRECT translation, I answered that correctly and we all had a good laugh and festivities resumed. But that’s one of the many examples of terps getting it wrong and f’ing up a beautiful night ahd relationship.

Lastly, I’ve been learning Russian, Polish and Czech for 13 years now. But never let on that I know RU till later. It’s very handy (didn’t know it as well when the terp screwed up above-But knew enough that she’d gotten something wrong) that’s why I just need 1 person to occasionally throw things up against the wall with (sanity check if you will) to make sure I’m not being taken for a ride. Obviously if I’m having dinner celebrating our engagement with her mom and dad, I’m capable of getting a gal and moving things forward over 19 months. Again, I explained some of why it ended in my T/R but stopped writing when idiots said I’d lost control of the situation - or something to that effect. And decided clearly it wasn’t doing anyone any good by spilling my guts and failure isn’t an option in my word, yet do it daily. We all do. Yet I always land on my feet. I come here to learn and yeah I’ll take a scolding if I did something idiotic. But I’m no noobie plus most here do not know me and didn’t know her.  But for almost 3 yrs i chased this gal down (I was in London at that time and would fly into KBP for £89 on B/A once a month to keep our romance alive. Maybe someday I’ll post the Xmas  video she made for me which included not just friends and family. But coworkers and her parents. FYI, everyone says she’s Taylor Swifts twin, but better looking. And was. I think too that stung the most that an average joe like me, threw my heart into it and landed the girl. She fell head over feels and we talked/Skyped daily. Total investment over 3 years? £3,500. (Not inc ring that I got back) I challenge anyone to find that at that cost. And that is not a brag or boast, I’m just saying I’m very careful with my funds and I’m very selective AB out who I invest time in. She could’ve landed Brad Pitt  but our relationship was different. She would scream joyfully (out of disbelief or shock) every single time I opened the door or held it open for her. Or pulled her chair out at dinner and helped with her coat. Lil stuff like that BLEW HER MIND and  made her feel like she was a queen and the centre of my world. I was the perfect gentleman. And I got the prize. Almost. Too many others got in our heads and I foolishly tapped the brakes. In hindsight fighting cancer and going thru chemo and 4 spine surgeries plus cancer surgery (w/one more to go) I now thank God we didn’t marry b/c she’d have been stuck with a very sick dude. And was touch and go for awhile there. She didn’t   sign up for that. Better or worse even has limits. So in the end, guess it’s for the best.

I said I’d be brief? Ugh. Sorry again. I’ll shuddup.

As said; Failure is not an Option. Yes I’m 5-10 years behind the times which is exactly WHY I came back on here for advice. I don’t know Trench so let’s just “live and let live” aye?  I’ve got no reason to bash him but wasn’t born yesterday either. This is supposed to be a brotherhood yet y’all took up 2 of my 4 pages bashing him. I don’t even know the guy but not getting in the middle of your arguments. Others here know me and heard my tale so many times now they rightfully are probably steering clear just to not have to endure my lengthy missives!!! 😂 Must work on that!!
Okay.
Thanks again guys. If anything else springs to mind (as all of you kinda went off in 4 different directions with your thoughts and advice) I’m gonna kinda pick thru what I agree with or what has worked well for me in the past. Cool? Hope so!

Those that wrote more than 1 line and read my War and Peace novel and story. That means allot. So thanks again. I fail allot but always land on my feet. Lessons learned. Just need to know the “new rules”. Cheers and best to all. BB

PS: (to the guy above offering services? I’ll DM you later in the week and we’ll discuss. Need time to think about that and where I wanna go and my next steps. Cheers though 👍🏻)

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2019, 04:34:52 AM »
Personally I'd avoid Crimea, Donbas and impacted areas.

Not just because of logistics to visit, but also potential mental health issues, and (lack of) access to their families that remain in the region. You may also be up for extended family relocation costs down the track, not just for a wife. There are many ponds, pick another one to swim in IMO.
thanks to all of you about Donbass and Crimea. Had NO idea that things had gotten that bad. Nik is in Crimea, right? So are those agencies shut now? I’m just thinking of the one guy I kinda knew. Mark somebody who met his gal there that had an agency there. Nik was always pretty good to me. But is off limits now? Shame. Like I said in my very first note, I was 15 clicks from all that (Donbass) Drove an Avis rental car to and back from KBP. Yes I have balls!! 😂 (I had an idea about a “confrontation”. But no
Idea how severe it was (So I’m totally joking about the having balls part). No idea I was that close to a war zone but that was 6 yrs ago too and don’t think outside of the shoot em up in Kiev that things on the eastern front had escalated that bad to what they are today.  Never even considered the mental health aspect too. Wise bunch here! 👍🏻

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2019, 04:38:14 AM »
Thanks for the book reference (I’m seeing things I missed) so will check it out. Ta. 👍🏻

Offline msmob

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2019, 05:16:58 AM »
Mykolaiv (also known as Nikolaev ) is not in Crimea ! ;)

Look to the north and west !

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2019, 05:48:47 AM »
In defense of Elena's Models, I received 100% interest from the women I contacted.   Some people on here have stated that Elena's uses feeder agencies to stock their numbers - but if they are, they are legitimately interested women.  And, I still fail to see how the feeder agencies get paid.   The subscription fees are not significant enough to matter.

I contacted twenty women on this site and wound up dating two of them, both long term.  Trench believes what he wants to believe.   But he has not been successful in this endeavor.  So I would take everything he says with a grain of salt.   He gives opinions on things he knows absolutely nothing about and wonders why he strikes out so often.   When he does manage to get a woman to meet with him, he zips up his coin purse and makes his date go Dutch Treat.

My belief is he never paid the subscription fee so he never found out if the girls were legit or not. 

I believe, on Elena's, that over 90% of the women are actually looking for a man.  A couple are scammers.   But I have heard from other members that Elena Petrova quickly kicks anyone off her site who is suspect.

Hey.  Don't trust me on Trench.   Read what the other members say about him.

There are many avenues to find women on MOB sites.   But don't discount Elena's because Trench wrote a bad review about her site.   Any site that Trench disses, I would consider an endorsement.

I'm sure you did Jone, 100 percent interest and you didn't think that strange? If you've got Hollywood celebrity looks then that might explain it ;)

I'm not saying don't use EM to BB, nor that you cannot find a genuine woman on there. Like I said the first woman I went to meet was if there and she was fine enough.

EM is a good enough site to use but BB should be aware of the negatives of such a site and how they operate. During my time there I got quite a lot of likes on my photo, contacted by women, expressions of interest and otherwise. It is not natural though for me to receive that level of interest, I'm an everyday looking guy, I'm not a male model 8-10 looks wise.

The way EM tended to work when I was there was that say out of every 10 women you communicated with 8 to 9 out of 10 would reply, maybe they all might. Of those left you can say maybe 6 would have odd communication, patchy, inconsistent, stuff not quite making sense, talking at you rather than to you - about themselves, etc. So over the course of say about three months they would tail off after a few weeks, not be worth getting back to or not respond back to you. As it got nearer to three months I would get messages from EM admin that so and so profile had been deleted because something had been flagged up, etc. More than 50 percent of the girls I was communicating to ended up this way.

Of the few 3 or 4 that are left, 1 or 2 would tail off over time or I would tail them off as I did not have enough time to keep up on the messaging, but they seemed legit enough. Another 1 to 2 would decide either I wasn't that into them or maybe they would decide they wasn't that into me. So after a few months I would generally be down to one solid woman. So yes it is possible to meet a girl through EM and no doubt for some end up successful. All I am saying is how it works, the downsides of using EM.

The subscription fees are fairly high compared to some of their competitors, it might keep some men away on the other hand it is a site that is more accessible to newcomers. Some profile might well be from scammer girls but I get the impression some agencies are getting some sort of contract to provide profiles and write to guys to get interest up, at least initially to newcomers. Maybe they do it during downtime periods in these agencies. It stands to reason if a site like EM can make guys feel good about themselves work will spread and guys will be happy to subscribe.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2019, 06:28:01 AM »
As ever, Trenchie,

You make the mistake of giving marks out of 10 for ladies / yourself.. 

We have a another member that rates his wife 10 and probably thinks  we 'agree' with him ...  ( if we don't respond )  - in my case I simply face palm my forehead ...

ALL that matters is what YOU think of her and she thinks of you ..

All this EM Expression of interest BS ... BLOODY IRRITATING ....

I wrote to who I wanted and asked ladies to write me a letter - as EoI's would be ignored - and they were ..it's MEANINGLESS and if a lady cannot be bothered to introduce herself ( via a letter )  - or I never wrote to her ...  She wasn't in the game, anyway ..

To those that 'get off' on EoI's - all I can say is you're probably still lookin', right ...?

WHAT a 'surprise'

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2019, 12:38:10 AM »
Thanks for refreshing my memory with the Map. At first when I saw your “Crimea (or Ukraine?) Flag” (the red marker thingy). My heart sank because I thought that was where you were saying Nik was but seemed too far south and too central than I last recalled? But then read your note and viola it’s where I remembered after all. Just couldn’t recall which side of the border it fell on?! Last time I was there a gal came to Odessa and we hung there for the day then went back to Nik via her “brothers taxi” which cost me a months mortgage payment (hence me always trying to set the agenda and travels with ppl I know and trust) as at first I was thoroughly convinced once they got to me in Odesa they were gonna roll me. But at 6’3” / 222lbs and former rugby / football 🏈 player I don’t get much hassle in clubs or on the streets. But you just never know in Eastern Europe. Either way, thanks. That opens another familiar door as an option. Sadly rules out Alushta and Yalta but think I saw that coming after seeing all the very strong and unified  posts on how difficult it is to get into Crimea and maybe not getting out. Shame that.

Thanks again ! (This is Shorter!)

Peace.

BB

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2019, 10:02:01 AM »
some lessons for you guys...
I know of three Americans who were “beaten up” in Crimea..
one of them used to post on this board, scotincrimea
all three situations involved the use of alcohol...
any time you are around a bunch of drunk Russians, at a bar for instance...
it increases the chances that YOUR time in the barrel may come...
YOU just reduced your OWN safety by unwisely choosing a dangerous location!
and here you are with a bunch of drunk aggressive men
and you are CLEARLY not one of THEM!
you are an obvious foreigner to a race of xenophobes...
so whadda ya think's gonna happen in that circumstance hmmmmmmmmm.......

maybe some 20 yr malchick nursing a single vodka doesn’t like to see you a 50 yr old American with a smokin hot deavochka while he sulks in the corner by himself
and he gets resentful when he sees how much money you're spending...
or maybe some guy is wondering if you’re the kind of foreigner who always keeps his cash with him in a moneybelt....
combined with a bunch of drunks, what could possibly go wrong?
alcohol just seems to act as a catalyst for this kinda thing

whatever the reason the predator’s strategy is ALWAYS the same...
you gonna get bushwacked from outta nowhere and sucker-punched and down you go moy brat...
what a sad story....

ok...
but it doesn’t have to be that way....

avoid the dangerous places like bars and night clubs
especially on a Friday or Saturday at the beginning of the month right after military gets paid and they hit the bars!!!!

never drink alone in a restaurant or bar...

have some basic fighting skills and weapons
I carry a folding knife and a padlock that I use as brass knuckles...

I also have a homemade hand canon that I pack in Moscva
which is a Russian Military issued 26.5mm flare pistol...
which I have converted into a sawed off shotgun
my next trip I’m planning on buying a second, so that I can have a “brace” of hand canons
my wife has a Russian passport and drivers license, so she bought me a box of “Baikal” shotgun shells for skeet shooting....
I opened up the 26.5mm flare cartridges and took out the flare and removed the perforated seal over the powder cup, then I added the powder from one of the shotgun shells, and put the wad and flare back in and then sealed the end with elmer’s glue...
I also made some that instead of the flare, I put in 2 shotgun shells of powder, then a big cardboard wad, and then the pellets from the two shotgun shells, with more wads and then glued around the edges....

maximum range in terms of accuracy is maybe 5 feet....
you just point it at your opponents face and pull the trigger....
and it’ll look like a lawnmower mowed it....
recoil was SHARP, a big SHOCK that felt like catching a line drive hit by a powerful major league player, followed by a strong stinging sensation in my hand...

you can buy these flare guns and ammo at almost ANY marina in Moscva for about $200 (you don't need Russian ID to buy, but you will have to show your passport, I always get someone else to buy!)
and 12 ga shotgun shells in Moscva sporting stores are no problem either to anyone with Russian ID for less than $20

dewd, two short barrel 6 gauge single barrel shotguns, is all yur ever gonna need in Russia
just the fear factor when you pull it out is usually enuff....

last summer, I was in a boat crew in Moscva with my "company", and the dewds we raced against and BEAT gave us gruff in the parking lot
which escalated into fists being swung by the younger guys...
when I see my boss's son get pounced on I came up behind the guy and sucker punched him and pinned his arms so jr could take a swing at him...
I let Jr be the big hero decking the guy in front of Daddy, who couldn't be prouder...
so now I sit on the right side of the table...
this is why someone like me always does well in Moscva
different rules for this kinda fight, everyone is oligarch, so NO weapons, fists only...
and when the boss says "fsyo paschlee" it stops and we all go...
but now the boss knows who will be the first to protect his boy "in the right way"
the Moscva fenya way

I am still not a "made man" because of my citizenship issue, but that's going to change!
Russian government has shown me WAY more love than either USA or Israel on behalf of the work that I have done....
loyalty is a 2 way street, and the USA and Israel suck at it...
Russia doesn't!!
they understand how loyalty works...
a reward system!!  points!!!
hmmmm yummy!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 04:48:31 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2019, 10:23:22 AM »
  Nik is in Crimea, right? So are those agencies shut now?

How can we believe anything that you write?

Especially along with your claim of having been to that area many, many times !!!!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1405
Most Online Ever: 12701