It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Cool places to start looking: Belarus  (Read 10885 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Cool places to start looking: Belarus
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 09:38:46 PM »
Some do's and don't in Belarus:

This blonde gal was in another video with a different guy which makes me wonder if she is some sort of an approved guide?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:40:21 PM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 09:46:56 PM »
Like Poland and Western Ukraine, Belarus has a sizable Roman Catholic population in addition to Orthodox believers. This is due to the historic boundaries of the land, much of what has changed over time due to wars and conflicts.

According to a government publication:

Orthodox religion is by no means the only Belarus religion. Many other religions are also well represented in the country, including:

• Roman Catholics (almost 400 churches)

• Protestants (over 500 communities including Lutherans, Mormons, Baptists, Calvinists)

• Jews (more than 40 Hebrew communities)

• Muslims (27 communities and nine mosques)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:49:06 PM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2019, 09:56:56 PM »
I recommend traveling first, and then if the country and region is a fit for you to return in the future, start looking for ladies in the region. This way you will already have experience under your belt and you will be more confident and understand something about her place and country already. That is a huge advantage, especially if she also receives correspondence from men who are far away....and clueless. You will be viewed as more serious because of your experience, knowledge of the region and from your previous travel.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 10:01:18 PM »
No doubt, the ladies are gorgeous!

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2019, 10:15:12 PM »
Just as there are many similarities among Slavic languages, Belarusian and Russian and Ukrainian and Belarusian share many words and phrases.

Yes is "Tak" in both Ukrainian and Belarusian.

Thank you is almost the same in both and very recognizable, very different from thank you in Russian.

[size=78%] [/size]
[/size][/color]

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »
Food in Belarus is much like in neighboring regions but there are some unique recipes found primarily in Belarus.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2019, 10:44:37 PM »
I love street markets! There is little difference between these in any of the former Soviet spaces. And, they are so cool to visit!

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2019, 11:08:51 PM »
Belarus in the news:

Belarus and Russia are a "union state" meaning that they are slowly merging into something akin to the EU. But, there are many bumps along the way on that road--especially when it comes to who will be the president of an eventual union state. One idea often bantered around is that Putin will step down from his current post when his term expires and immediately ascend to the presidency of the Union--in effect being the supreme leader over both Russia and Belarus.

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2019, 05:46:05 AM »
Hey you forgot to say 25 per cent of the agricultural land should not be used for food production due to the radioactive fall out from Chernobyl and the highest percentage of cancer in adults and children in the world particularly thyroid .  Agree many stunning women.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2019, 06:58:08 AM »
Mendy,

Your thread is not only interesting and valuable to travelers, it is entertaining, particularly the Bald Bankrupt Brit.  He's a witty guide. 

My wife watched part of the videos and remarked without my prompting: "This is museum of Soviet days."   She recognized the oven and the Minsk fridge in the Circus hotel.

She did not recognize one of foods B&B shared with the brunette (an unknown meat covered in insipid gravy),   saying Siberians and Cossack people (her heritage) do not eat such.   

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2019, 07:21:53 AM »
I forgot to mention, my wife's sister spent a few weeks last summer at a Belarus sanatorium.   

During my first trip in search of romance in the FSU, a couple of women mentioned the term sanatorium.  This shocked me, thinking I had dropped back in time to the age of tuberculosis.    I learned the Russian version is an extended stay health spa with some science-based therapies.   I  passed a few such establishments along the Black Sea in Sochi.  From the outside, they resembled grand hotels.

My wife's sister has some lingering minor ailments and no serious illnesses.    She enjoyed her healthy rest.  Evidently the cost was reasonable. 

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2019, 01:37:02 AM »
Unlike in the West, Belarus is one of those places where the differences between the "big city" and life in small towns and villages is glaring. It is like the two are on different planets.

Here is the night life of Minsk:

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2019, 01:58:16 AM »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2019, 01:58:51 AM »
More on food:

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 02:02:23 AM »
Country life is like nothing in the city. Life along the Sozh river which serves as a border between Belarus and Russia seems like from a another century. Another century but with mobile phones.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2019, 02:10:13 AM »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2019, 02:13:57 AM »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2019, 02:17:06 AM »
The medium size towns of Belarus have very interesting and varied histories.

Offline ML

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
Just a quick comment based on limited viewing here and elsewhere.

The younger Belarus women seem to have a 'mousey' look in the face.

Don't show me examples of some real beauties, I am referring to the ordinary women often seen in these videos and elsewhere.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2019, 10:37:25 AM »

Don't show me examples of some real beauties, I am referring to the ordinary women often seen in these videos and elsewhere.

Having spent a whole month in Minsk in the Spring, I would disagree that most Belarus women have a "mousy" look. The women are just as good looking as any in Ukraine or Russia....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »

I think that is true, Belarus women have a look often quite distinctive from Ukraine women and Russian girls. I think for many but not all Belarus women 'mousey' looking face can sum up many of them. I don't mean that as derogatory. Some can look attractive even though mousey looking. They are much into physical fitness over there as a generality. The girl I met could be described as facially mousey looking. I found her a genuine and fine person and attractive enough, we were however complete opposites and not in a way that we would have suited each other. Chemistry wasn't there also.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2019, 10:02:16 PM »
Each region of the FSU has some historically divergent DNA characteristics. Belarus historically has not always been a part of Russia (now I will be attacked for saying something that is true everywhere else on the planet except in Russia) and the bloodlines may represent more of a European look given the geographical history of Belarus.

If, for example, you went to Asia (and Russia covers something like 51% of Asia) you would see more of a blend of Asian features in many of the RW who live in that area.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 12:26:01 AM »
If you have never seen the movie Brest Fortress, then it is worth viewing! Brest took the brunt of the surprise invasion of the Soviet Union by the German Nazi blitzkrieg. Today it is viewed with a great deal of respect and reverence for the bravery and loss of life as the Germans swarmed across the border.

Here is the movie. You may have to turn on English subtitles.

[size=78%] [/size]

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2019, 12:27:22 AM »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 12:32:12 AM »
Brest is the "Alamo" of Belarus. Especially when near the monuments to those heart wrenching days when the Germans overran the town and fortress, it is best to be respectful and modest. Locals will appreciate this and that includes being very careful about climbing onto monuments for photos, etc.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 12:33:47 AM by mendeleyev »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701