It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Heading to Moscow tonight  (Read 10880 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Heading to Moscow tonight
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 08:27:50 AM »
Thats what Lily said.  Teens hold hands.  She likes to so we do.  Kissing? Yes.  We kiss everywhere.  I've seen the looks...I Dont worry about what they are thinking.  I want to hold her hand or kiss her, Im going to.  I hope nibody is bothered but I get a week here with her...Im going to kiss here all I Can

:clapping:  Congratulations Ken. 

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
Best of luck Kenny. I hope you come back a winner. I'm gunning for you!

What exactly does that mean?? Is this a race of some sort?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline KenInUtah

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 07:13:13 PM »
Day 4.  Moscow river was a washout due to rain.  Got to see a concert in the Kremlin though.  Today is Sapsa to St. Petersburg

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 07:14:24 PM »
More Kremlin

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 01:55:00 AM »
Nice to see that you were able to visit the Romanov Boyars museum. It is a cool place but the government continues to squeeze the budget--it may not be open at some point.

There is a barely functioning monastery next door and several beautiful, but old and in disrepair, churches on that street. You can throw a golf ball from there to Red Square.

I am guessing that the concert was held in the State Kremlin Palace, built by the Soviets to hold Communist party functions...

It seems that you are having fun!

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 09:56:55 AM »
Trust me - I'm a guy!  :devil:

Seriously, Boe, I'm talking about looking, not touching.  It doesn't matter how used Ken is to the pretty girls in Salt Lake City, nor how he thinks other women compare with the lady he's with, Moscow's girls (and those in other big FSU cities) are in a league of their own.

ML made the point once that the USA has just as many gorgeous girls, but so many are effectively invisible because they drive their own car to work, starting from an underground garage in their apartment building and ending up in another one at their place of work, from where they simply take an elevator to their office.  If they're seen outside the office, it's for five minutes to grab some lunch from a food bar or deli right next to their own building.

In Russia, where 99% of the population take public transport to work, the "gorgeousness" quotient is far more visible.  In Moscow especially, with over 10 million inhabitants and the greatest public transport system that I've seen anywhere in the world, I reckoned on seeing at least one girl that I would rate at 9.5 or 10/10 standing on the platform at nearly every Metro stop, especially those in the heart of the city.

Ken doesn't need to feel guilty about looking at them while he's with the woman that he went to meet - it's male human nature.  So long as he's happy with the one that he went to see, and she with him, that's really all that matters.

I would tend to agree with you however, Ken's idea of beauty and yours and mine may not be the same thing.  ;D I've been to Moscow many times and have never failed to see the beautiful women. I've personally never been anywhere in public in Moscow where you couldn't sling a dead cat in any direction without hitting  8 or 10 of them. But perhaps they were only attractive to me  :D

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 02:52:47 PM »
Never complained because she never has.  Knock on wood.  She still worries she's not good enough for me.  I will never get that

It sounds like she is a winner and really likes you as much as you do her.  Have a good trip and keep us posted.  I love successful stories and think you are going to have one to share.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »
  What I havent seen is the bevy of beauties that we are led to believe.  Maybe tonight.  So fat, so fun.

Ken, I've been to numerous FSU cities and Moscow women impresses me the least when it comes to looks. On average their hair is shorter and they dress different than their sisters elsewhere.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 05:22:01 PM »
I would tend to agree with you

There's a first time for everything!  :D

however, Ken's idea of beauty and yours and mine may not be the same thing.  ;D

Yes; that does seem likely.

I've been to Moscow many times and have never failed to see the beautiful women. I've personally never been anywhere in public in Moscow where you couldn't sling a dead cat in any direction without hitting  8 or 10 of them. But perhaps they were only attractive to me :D

Pretty unlikely.  You only have to watch all the males in the vicinity to realise that plenty are drooling over the smorgasbord they hope is on offer.

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 09:59:16 PM »
Day 5 in St. Pete.  Sapsan was nice and the hotel is great.  Park Inn on nevsky Prospekt.  Walked  7 miles yesterday an shpped and went to Hermitage.  Beautiful.

I guess re: women...i am not looking at 20 somethings.  Pretty girls yes but not for me.

Today is more touristy stuff here and back to Moscow.

And yes.  We are a GREAT couple.  Like weve known each other forever.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 07:22:51 AM »
Day 5 in St. Pete.  Sapsan was nice and the hotel is great.  Park Inn on nevsky Prospekt.  Walked  7 miles yesterday an shpped and went to Hermitage.  Beautiful.

I guess re: women...i am not looking at 20 somethings.  Pretty girls yes but not for me.

Is that an engagement ring on her finger, Ken?   :)

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 07:35:17 AM »

Check out Peterhof

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
Ugh.  Well we are back in Moscow.  We didnt have time for Peterhof because our train was at 3.  We walked to the big chuech and did some laziness but the day kinda was a downer after i got pickpocketed of 9000 rubles on the bus.  They were good.  Not a busy bus and money on an inside coat pocket.  Was a downer but i couldnr get mad...nothing i could do about it.  Lily was upset but I told her it was ok.  Just bad luck.  Happy to be "home" though

Offline calmissile

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 11:29:35 AM »
Ugh.  Well we are back in Moscow.  We didnt have time for Peterhof because our train was at 3.  We walked to the big chuech and did some laziness but the day kinda was a downer after i got pickpocketed of 9000 rubles on the bus.  They were good.  Not a busy bus and money on an inside coat pocket.  Was a downer but i couldnr get mad...nothing i could do about it.  Lily was upset but I told her it was ok.  Just bad luck.  Happy to be "home" though

Ken,

Never have been successfully pick-pocketed but did catch someone in the act once.  Must have been an amateur.

It might be helpful to some of us to know the details so that we can be better armed against it.   Can you provide some details?

Was your money in your wallet or loose in your pocket?

Were you able to determine if it was one person that lifted your money and immediately handed it off to an accomplice? 

If I remember correctly, Larissa and I witnessed a pick pocket in Kiev on someone else.  Was two women and when the loot or watch was given to a 3rd party they disappeared immediately.

Thanks,
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
I thibk there were. 2.  My guess is they heard us speaking english. one was in front om me between me and the door.  The other to my left..on which sude was my pocket.  When oyr stop came, he made it dufficult to get around him for a secobd.  This is when I think it happened.  I checked almist immediately when I got off the bus and the money was gone.  The money was loose inside my pocket.  My passport and visa in the same pocket but they didnt take those...whew. lesson learned

Offline Boethius

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 12:57:05 PM »
My better half worked downtown, and one of his jobs was across the street from a restaurant where pickpockets congregated.  He observed them, even spoke to many (they knew he wasn't an informant, but I won't get into that).  He said that pickpockets always look for inattentiveness.  They will always watch the movement of your eyes. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline calmissile

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 02:12:24 PM »
My better half worked downtown, and one of his jobs was across the street from a restaurant where pickpockets congregated.  He observed them, even spoke to many (they knew he wasn't an informant, but I won't get into that).  He said that pickpockets always look for inattentiveness.  They will always watch the movement of your eyes.

Good lesson for all of us.

Don't remember if I told the story earlier, but Larissa had her purse stolen 2 or 3 times from her car while driving.  Passenger window open.  Comes to stop light and thugs reach inside car and steal purse off the passenger seat.  In one case she left the car and chased the kid and proceeded to beat the Sh*t out of him.  Another time she and passerby held the thug for police.  Last time I think he got away.  She doesn't leave her passenger window open anymore.    ;D

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:17:11 PM by calmissile »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 07:51:03 PM »
  We walked to the big chuech and did some laziness but the day kinda was a downer after i got pickpocketed of 9000 rubles on the bus.

There have been a few stories here on pickpocketing. Happens a lot where there is public  transportation. It usually happens right when you're getting on or off public transportation where the doors will separate you two after they do their dirty deed.

Another scam is where someone walks in front of you and drops something. Don't be a hero picking it up to return it to them. A guy will show up posing as a cop and insinuate you may have stole something and eventually separate you from your money.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
Day 6.  A nice trip to Gorky Park and a Riverboat cruise.  Ran some errands with her today and now home for dinner.  And yes...that ia a ring on her finger!

Pics wont attach tonight.  Something wrong with RWD.  maybe later

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 08:08:31 PM »
Pic from the river

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »
Nice story to wake up to, Ken.

Somehow, Peterhof keeps eluding me, too !
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Larry1

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:53 PM »
Another scam is where someone walks in front of you and drops something. Don't be a hero picking it up to return it to them. A guy will show up posing as a cop and insinuate you may have stole something and eventually separate you from your money.

Good advice. The place is full of thieves and this is a favorite scam.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
Day 6.  A nice trip to Gorky Park and a Riverboat cruise.  Ran some errands with her today and now home for dinner.  And yes...that is a ring on her finger!

Cool.  Let me be the first to say congratulations on being engaged!   ;D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1962
Total: 1972

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM