It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Agencies & Web Sites- Olga may actually be Oleg, so take care  (Read 9859 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Agencies & Web Sites- Olga may actually be Oleg, so take care
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:15:07 AM »
Below is article that appeared in the Kyiv Post. This is an updated current story on a topic of the forum often ,Much of what is noted in this article has been posted in threads here on RWD previously--the important part to note is that the comments apply to near enough ALL agencies in one form or another. That means virtually ALL the websites .Guys keep jumping up asking about the "xyz" or "abc" agency.--asking--"is it ok" etc . The answer is the same caveat applies without exception.

Also note-- there are genuine girls who could be interested--IN THE RIGHT GUY--just not any guy.
On many occasions a new guy posts his intent here--many jump in with advice--my first questions  are about the guy and HIS suitability matching his ideas--or situation.

Please note--there is no one way agencies operate-there are quite a few variations to a theme --ie-they are there to get a guys money and encourage him to spend/--one way or another
To repeat--the comments made in the article can apply to virtually every agency and website.

In the article below-- various figures are quoted-- they may be the case in the experience of the writers research-- but there is considerable variation in fact. One figure that I think is clearly wrong below --"male clients  pay 10-12 cents per 10 minutes of online chat"--- that is in fact more like a $1 a minute.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE IN THE LINK PROVIDED

The internet can be a corrupt swamp for those looking for a soulmate. It pays to be skeptical of the pictures and messengers in online
dating agencies.

Olga may actually be Oleg, so be careful with agencies

Editor’s Note: International marriage agencies in Kyiv connect men and women from different countries via webchats and Skype calls. However, on many websites, foreign men are communicating with seductive strangers hiding behind the photographs of a Ukrainian beauty. This Kyiv Post journalist went undercover as a translator for one such agency.

The website looks legitimate. The women are beautiful. And the money paid by male clients looking for a bride from Ukraine or Russia is paid in good faith.

But instead of chatting with, say, Olga, a sexy 25-year-old blonde from Kyiv, clients of international dating websites may be, in reality, talking to Oleg, a bearded 21-year-old computer science student who’s impersonating their dream girl for $200 a month.

http://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/olga-may-actually-oleg-careful-agencies.html
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:20:55 PM by AnonMod »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

Re: Agencies & Web Sites- Olga may actually be Oleg, so take care
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:05:23 PM »
Amazed to read there have been no follow up posts -thread title was designed to cover all the sites.
There is still a procession of guys who arrive here asking if  the xxxx.com ( that is a whatever.com)  is a legitimate site and all it achieves is a repeat of much of the good advice given a 1000- times previously.

The specifics of the detail of agencies ,girls,websites etc have been covered many times . I specifically direct those looking to the posts of AJ -Jumper , Sasha -Alex  and myself of course. Others have contributed good material too( Jone) with apologies for others who have contributed.

Today I am prompted  to report on some goings on in the industry .NOTE -- almost all the comments made about any one site -almost certainly applies to near enough all sites -- the origins are often exactly the same. Some of the biggest sites eg Anasastia Date  and  the topics of my observations day have much in common.
Hot Russian Brides  and Russian Love Match  are big sites.
A couple of months ago -- these sites( the same American company) stopped paying the agencies and as a result the girls  did not get paid ->This happened virtually overnight without notice.Agencies were owed money-- and girls were owed by the agencies.This was widespread-- I think across almost all .
Someone ( maybe in the US there is someone who can give us more info on this)

For those who keep half an eye on the MOB industry goings on all that is of interest . For the punter using the sites - that may not be of much interest-- but -- I am coming to the part that should interest us all.

The numbers I use here are just for illustration purposes and are very approximate.
Prior to the kerfuffle - those sites would show at least 150 girls ( I should say profiles !) on line -even at 3-4am Ukraine time and during the day maybe 500 or more.
When the sh.. hit the fan -- the numbers dwindled slowly down to 10-20 extremely dubious profiles -- even down to one showing as being online ( that was last week) .
Like magic -this week -- the numbers have jumped dramatically and are growing daily.
mmmmmmm
Now -looking at profiles of those "online" -- it is like old home week with profiles reappearing from years past! Some( quite a few actually) I recognise are now married with children and long ago left the site-- now the profile has suddenly fired up again !!
I also recognise some who are clearly agency profiles, some profiles have been discussed on forum here for one reason or another.

My guess - some sort of deal has been done with agencies over money owed -- and site owners and agencies are trying to save their cashcow.The girls owed money have not been paid - so needless to say -there is probably even less actual girls on site than ever.
Other sites-like Anastasia Date still paid the agencies and the girls have been getting paid .

Interested to hear if anyone has any info on any of this!

translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline MarinaSirena

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 12:00:54 AM »
sorry me in advance if its little bit offtopic :-X

i dont understand clearly how it works.
I thought that people should pay something like "registration fee" on international dating sites. But only men? women shouldn't ? Why?
And if you go to agency wil you pay only after *successful date with girl in real life* or anyway?
and really??? is there any sites where "male clients  pay 10-12 cents per 10 minutes of online chat" ? for what?  flirting?
I understand that its good business for Oleg*s
okay....Where there’s demand, there’s supply
But why so many Olegs...?

I read Rina*s story here, on this forum. She describes situation from other side of river very well!! And its surprising for me...why we still have many posts about scammers and Olegs(Olga)? If its so easy  1)girl from a middle of nowhere , poor beautiful 25 y.o lady , from village without internet , searching for true love with nice old foreign Romeo , and fell in love after his second letter ....doesnt exist. Its your lovely Oleg. 2)  if girl is interested in man she will skype with him (or any videocalls she prefers). Its logically 3)if you skype with lady you can see who she is, what she is, where she lives...After this only you can be sure its not Oleg at least. And to start creating any love story.

So why this Olegs business is so successful?

I dont want to sound ironic or stupid . I really want to understand the reason

Offline JayH

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 12:44:47 AM »
Marina -there is a lot to explain to answer your questions ! :)  Your questions are entirely reasonable and not stupid at all. The agencies try and keep as much secret from girls as they can.So often-- a girl who is signed up to have photographs taken is unaware how they are to be used ( more on that later)

It works like this -- From the guys side first
-  guy signs up -- basic fee per month to access to a lot more   eg  $10    to $50 or more
- he gets to read some mail and send some mail
- he gets to pay more to chat online -- and more again to see webcam   ( eg maybe $60 per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!_
- he gets to believe these girls are HIS girlfriend/s
- the chat may be done by anyone -- not necessarily the "girl" in photos -- and even when seeing on cam it can be video( clever video) where it still can be Oleg or Boris doing the chatting with him !!!

From the girls side !
- a girl probable does not pay to join -but-- agency or photographer( who often recruit girls)will charge for the photos- in the past they may have lent computers to girls etc etc
- she may be legitimate
-she may be genuinely interested in finding a guy
-she may be doing it for the money
- she may not be getting paid !
- she may be operating several profiles ( like Oleg !_ especially so if she has english or language skills

Some key points-
- most guys will never travel -- some say less than 5% ( that is supported anectdotally with many I have talked with -- and not many girls ever get to meet via online !)
- most guys are delusory and not being honest online !!  Outright liars

I estimate that less than 20% of  girls  profiles are legitimate. There are quite a few doing it for the money and earning very good money per month -- who may be interested if it is the "right" guy - the exception and not the rule !
Sometimes -- a girl is paid for the use of her profile by the agency- someone else operates the profile , she does a few recorded videos every now and again for "live" chat, agency answer letters and chats-- she collects a fee !!That is generally the provence of the better looking girls!

You correctly state that direct contact solves  many issues-- but -- to get to that point can cost a small fortune for a guy.There is a forum member that admitted spending over $20000 dollars on a website --and even after meeting her etc-- was shocked when in chat on forum  that I knew this girl !!!!

Much more to all this -- so please ask !
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:53:21 AM by JayH »

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 01:06:12 AM »
ouuuu....
if i were one of these men searching for a wife on dating site....It sounds not optimistic(((
over $20000? Give me his contact) and welcome to Krasnoyarsk) I will introduce him to 10-15 my unmarried female beautiful friends) it will be cheaper for him :D :D :D
and if he isnt totally disgusting guy it will be more successful)) :D :D :D

Offline JayH

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 01:28:58 AM »
ouuuu....
if i were one of these men searching for a wife on dating site....It sounds not optimistic(((
over $20000? Give me his contact) and welcome to Krasnoyarsk) I will introduce him to 10-15 my unmarried female beautiful friends) it will be cheaper for him :D :D :D

Some years later  he married a girl from Russia  !! ;D
It was a very painfull experience for him-- an expensive education for sure-- but the emotional hurt was far greater  for him.
He felt very very foolish -- but -- like so many when they first start looking you don't know all this stuff !
There are many many men who have spent plenty in their search !

It may sound ridiculous -- but I have made the comment in the past -- this search is like trying to find a needle in a haystack -- but first you have to find the haystack !

ps   if you have 15 friends wanting to meet guys -- write a thread here with info -- and then see what the guys applying are actually like !!!   I have seen a lot of western guys in the FSU -- and very few I would describe as "normal" !!! And I mean something wrong to seriously wrong with them  and just plan strange guys ! :o
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:33:57 AM by JayH »

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 01:33:15 AM »
this search is like trying to find a needle in a haystack -- but first you have to find the haystack !

I agree with you)
And thanks for your explanation about daiting sites.
Its very interesting to see how it works from men*s side

Offline rwd123

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 04:24:43 AM »
I honestly don't know why guys bother with agencies, but maybe this explains it:

- most guys will never travel -- some say less than 5% ( that is supported anectdotally with many I have talked with -- and not many girls ever get to meet via online !)
- most guys are delusory and not being honest online !!  Outright liars

So maybe questionable agencies are a good match for questionable guys.

I guess $20000 is a good offer for a harem of 10-15 beautiful Siberian girls! I am returning to Russia next week, maybe I should swing past Krasnoyarsk? ;)

But I cannot afford 10-15 wives, one is expensive enough - so need a discount, торг!

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 04:36:22 AM »
deal ;) :D :D :D

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 05:18:21 AM »
Not many guys will GO to Krasnoyarsk ....

The ones that actually DO come to Russia are dumb enough to invite ladies from K'yarsk to Moscow - stating they have 'a couple of days free' to meet ..

The lady works out they're on a Visit many 'program' and respectfully declines ..

I know TWO guys who flew to K'yarsk and married RU ladies ....  those of you planning your WM to Ukraine ...'Good luck' :))

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:49:48 PM by msmob »

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:08 AM »
Jay,

The news i'm hearing from the ground in Ukraine is that HRB/RLM has not paid the agencies in Ukraine for nine months and the owner of the site/s is going through a divorce.

Anastasia date is not without problems either,with agency girls/translators not happy with that company.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »
Marina,

Like yourself it constantly amazes me that foreign men chat with "girls" on dating sites especially when those "girls" don't even have their cameras on.

I took a look at the HRB site after Jay's post and out of over 100 "girls" online not one had her camera on..but presumably men are chatting with these profiles.

If you have the time it might be worth your while recruiting your 15 beautiful friends to an agency you can start-up : )
Just saying it like it is.

Offline JayH

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
Marina,

Like yourself it constantly amazes me that foreign men chat with "girls" on dating sites especially when those "girls" don't even have their cameras on.

I took a look at the HRB site after Jay's post and out of over 100 "girls" online not one had her camera on..but presumably men are chatting with these profiles.

If you have the time it might be worth your while recruiting your 15 beautiful friends to an agency you can start-up : )

Welcomback CB -- I did think of you yesterday when writing and trying to think of consistent knowledgeable contributors  to the MOB topic ! :)
Funnily enough -after writing yesterday I had a look at site -- 138 "online"   and only 1 cam ! 
As  far as AD situation -- I think the agencies were playing cute -- as getting paid was not a problem for all. Certainly in some locations and it was nothing like the HRB/RLM "catastrophe" !!
Girls are not a reliable info source unless connected or close to agency as there were many rumours and stories floating  -- one of the reasons  I posted  to see what others have heard.I am not as in the loop as I once was on all this stuff and only want to ask questions when I have a fair idea on what happened !

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »
  I will introduce him to 10-15 my unmarried female beautiful friends) it will be cheaper for him :D :D :D

Oh Rats....There is always a catch

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:55:41 PM by GenMish »

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »
Some years later  he married a girl from Russia  !! ;D
It was a very painfull experience for him-- an expensive education for sure-- but the emotional hurt was far greater  for him.
He felt very very foolish -- but -- like so many when they first start looking you don't know all this stuff !
There are many many men who have spent plenty in their search !

It may sound ridiculous -- but I have made the comment in the past -- this search is like trying to find a needle in a haystack -- but first you have to find the haystack !

ps   if you have 15 friends wanting to meet guys -- write a thread here with info -- and then see what the guys applying are actually like !!!   I have seen a lot of western guys in the FSU -- and very few I would describe as "normal" !!! And I mean something wrong to seriously wrong with them  and just plan strange guys ! :o

This is how it starts, isn't it?  At first someone creates a marriage agency, with good intentions, or at least honest intentions.  Introduce local single, beautiful ladies to quality foreign men, or vice versa.

Then a website is created, and men join.  But these aren't quality men, and they are willing to shell out money to contact beautiful women.  So why not let them think they are developing relationships to said beautiful girls and start funding your agency - the bills have to be paid somehow.  All the while waiting for the quality men to join.  Because you wouldn't want to match your friends or clients to these initial dubious men from the internet...

But more dubious men join.  And not because they are bad men, but because they are foolish - 60, 70 year old men lusting after 25 year old wives...if they are that stupid, why stop them from being stupid.  It is not your concern to watch after their finances.

Then the money rolls in, and it becomes very profitable to keep these men chatting.   If only they wanted to meet a nice single/divorced/widowed and pretty 50-60 year old women you know, but they only want the 25 year olds. 

And then it becomes hard to distinguish the genuine men, who will be a serious man and travel to find a wife and is not a sex tourist, from all the other lonely "customers".  So might as well keep up the fake chats, and hire Olegs because Olgas just can't keep up with the volume of chatting or has moved on to find a real man or is just tired from keeping up with the lies. 

I wonder if that is how Anastasia and the other early MOB's started.  The newer ones just skipped the honest intention stage and went right to the PPC or PPV model of entertainment business.  Because for most it seems that it is just online entertainment, something to do to pass their time, thinking about the relationship with the hot young devushka's in their head...

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 11:06:04 AM »
This is how it starts, isn't it?  At first someone creates a marriage agency, with good intentions, or at least honest intentions.  Introduce local single, beautiful ladies to quality foreign men, or vice versa.

Then a website is created, and men join.  But these aren't quality men, and they are willing to shell out money to contact beautiful women.  So why not let them think they are developing relationships to said beautiful girls and start funding your agency - the bills have to be paid somehow.  All the while waiting for the quality men to join.  Because you wouldn't want to match your friends or clients to these initial dubious men from the internet...

But more dubious men join.  And not because they are bad men, but because they are foolish - 60, 70 year old men lusting after 25 year old wives...if they are that stupid, why stop them from being stupid.  It is not your concern to watch after their finances.

Then the money rolls in, and it becomes very profitable to keep these men chatting.   If only they wanted to meet a nice single/divorced/widowed and pretty 50-60 year old women you know, but they only want the 25 year olds. 

And then it becomes hard to distinguish the genuine men, who will be a serious man and travel to find a wife and is not a sex tourist, from all the other lonely "customers".  So might as well keep up the fake chats, and hire Olegs because Olgas just can't keep up with the volume of chatting or has moved on to find a real man or is just tired from keeping up with the lies. 

I wonder if that is how Anastasia and the other early MOB's started.  The newer ones just skipped the honest intention stage and went right to the PPC or PPV model of entertainment business.  Because for most it seems that it is just online entertainment, something to do to pass their time, thinking about the relationship with the hot young devushka's in their head...

+1
I think that is spot on..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline JayH

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 04:46:39 PM »

Good post Steve -all of it !
There is no doubt the sites would be impossible if they had to pass western style consumer protection laws !
When one gets over the "ripped off" reaction and thinks about all this -- and learns what the girls have to endure - it is possible to see the 2 sides of the coin.
One of the very early comments I heard  was basically -- "these guys are volunteering to spend their money" !  I think even Marina somewhere above in thread  touched on that . While the comment is true enough  -- and it works fine when non serious  connects to the non serious  so both are getting what they want out of it !
The disconnect comes when some guy who is serious blunders into the the honey trap !
Also note-- their are "innocent" girls on some of these sites -- not being paid and unaware of the ongoing sting . She is then shocked when she finds out what is costing guys and even more horrified at guys attempting sex chat   and asking to see her tits --or more !!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 07:12:25 PM »
At first someone creates a marriage agency, with good intentions, or at least honest intentions.  Introduce local single, beautiful ladies to quality foreign men, or vice versa.

A lot of agencies advertise young FSU women have no hang ups with older men. They show a few photos of married couples as proof. Dubious men? More like naïve. Shouldn't believe any advertisement.

There is no doubt the sites would be impossible if they had to pass western style consumer protection laws !

Western dating sites use agency employees to write letters too. They lure men with free membership but to fully communicate with women, they have to pay to join. It was said 95% of the women on Ashley Madison were fake. Don't believe dating sites are better in the West because we have better protection laws.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 01:09:40 AM »
It was said 95% of the women on Ashley Madison were fake. Don't believe dating sites are better in the West because we have better protection laws.

There you go - 'gossiping' - AGAIN ... 'it was said' ....  ::)

As for dating sites - as opposed to agencies  ( many of whom in the past fed dating sites ) ANYONE using a pay per letter model is a MUG ...and I've been one ...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »
There you go - 'gossiping' - AGAIN ... 'it was said' ....  ::)

Instead of going around life being dumb, use Google to verify what people say.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 12:09:03 AM »
Instead of going around life being dumb, use Google to verify what people say.

Searching Google I can find  folks that claim the earth is flat ..

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 08:11:49 PM »
  and asking to see her tits --or more !!

There is more ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline eich

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 11:04:39 PM »
It sounds like free dating sites are the only way to go, as long as you are able to spot scammers.
Life is just an empty room.

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 12:41:16 AM »
It sounds like free dating sites are the only way to go, as long as you are able to spot scammers.

??  ...How do you arrive at that conclusion ?

Offline eich

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 01:36:38 AM »
From discussions here on RWD about the dangers of subscribing to dishonest agencies. But I was only being droll.
Life is just an empty room.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1879
Total: 1890

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM