It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Greetings from Goddard, Kansas, USA  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Xaero9

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Greetings from Goddard, Kansas, USA
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:44:58 PM »
Hello All,
      My name is Eric, 37, I have been married before (to an american woman). However, she has passed away a little over a year ago. I was recently contacted by a young lady from the Yemva in the Republic of Komi Russia. WE conversed from about a month and she recently became upset when I asked a few question regarding authenticity. I have a feeling I am being scammed but I am willing to have some optimism.
      I still have all the pictures and emails as well as their email address. If anyone would like top provide assistance that would be awesome.

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Greetings from Goddard, Kansas, USA
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:49:22 PM »
To start, why don't you run the pictures through tineye and paste some sections of the letters into Google to see if they match anything? You can also use a plagiarism checker online. Then tell her you want to see her beautiful eyes on Skype if there are no matches for either of the two.

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:51:45 PM »
Welcome Xaero,

You've come to the right place.  Authenticity comes in many forms.  As long as you haven't sent her any money, you haven't yet been scammed.  However, your time is also a commodity. 

Tell us about yourself.  How did you meet this woman?  What is the age difference?

In any event, you've joined the discussion and there is plenty of experience to be shared.

Again, welcome.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 10:10:52 PM »
Welcome Xaero9.

In these situations Google is your friend. Have you googled the email address and photos? It's also a good idea to google sections of the email in case she's using a form email and contacting many men.

Also travel from Kansas to Yemva is probably going to take a whole day maybe longer. That might be something to consider if time is a consideration in your travel schedule.

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 10:30:05 PM »
Welcome Xaero9

You are getting sound advice here.

If you are techie, then I'd run the images through google images and YANDEX photo recognition web interfaces - as with tinyeye - you will almost certainly find her photo - if she has uses it elsewhere

Hopefully, you aren't using a pay per letter site - as that IS a scam - you may be conversing with 'hairy Boris' ((

Have you chatted in a video call ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 11:00:07 PM »
WE conversed from about a month and she recently became upset when I asked a few question regarding authenticity. I have a feeling I am being scammed but I am willing to have some optimism.

Welcome to the forum Eric. If you ask a scammer if they're real, they will always answer "yes". If you ask a sincere woman if they're real after a month communicating with them, they will be upset. A woman may have high hopes thinking she found a quality man when she communicates with you. She will be upset to learn that you can't figure out people after a month of talking to them. She may start to look for a smarter man who can figure it out. Be the smart man and you greatly increase your chances of success.

You can figure it out without a lot of paranoia and detective work. Call and Skype often. A scammer isn't going to sound enthusiastic for very long when talking to you if you're not putting out money. A sincere woman who's into you will always be happy to hear your voice. Do lots of reading here.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 03:58:59 AM »
Hello, from what I've read on the site..... if a woman randomly emails you, then it's most likely a scam. Where did she make first contact?

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 04:55:23 AM »
if you think it's a scam....
then it's a scam
unfortunately you get all caught up in the calculation of how much you've "invested"
that you're reluctant to let go

my friends have all seen my wife and many decided they want to go down this path
they have all been scammed in the process!
I've had to rescue some

the true path, my son
is to go in person, cold, no contacts
and leave with a woman

if some yahoo like me can do it
then why not you

the litmus test I did for my friends was a 3-way skype session with them and I would talk in Russian to the girlfriend
the scammers all refused

taking shortcuts will get you into trouble
sharks always hang out at shortcuts

honestly, if you saw the women in Ukrainian villages
and how easy they are to approach
you'd already be there...

Offline myrddin

• Every man dies, not every man really lives.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 06:30:01 AM »
Welcome, Eric!

Some optimism is good, so long as it's not blind.  There may be some red flags, but FWIW no scammer I know of waited a month to start running the scheme.

Go ahead and run those searches mentioned above, but it's more useful to call and Skype as early as possible. You can learn a lot fast. 
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 07:40:14 AM »
Did you meet her on a dating site or somewhere else? 

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 01:53:34 AM »
Xaero9,

At the top of the beginners page, down at the bottom of the orange colored section........read...."The ten commandments". A list of good advice that was put together on the original RWG board about twenty years ago. Have you Skyped (or similar service). If you have not.....and she meets this idea with resistance and/or excuses.......then move on. About the "ten commandments"..............don't brake any thinking "your" situation........is "different" than anyone else. It isn't. On sending money.....don't. I never gave my wife (Russia) a nickel before we became engaged. She had a good job.......and told me if I would have handed her "cash"........just because......she would have bee a little offended. I am in my 60's.......my wife in her 50's. We will have been married 15 years this August. Maybe we are a little "old school". But some "old" advice.....always remains 
"good advice". Lots of good old advice here.....on this forum.

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846