It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Life Continues  (Read 103484 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Life Continues
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2016, 09:35:49 PM »
You go to any boardwalk or cafe by the river, and there will be at least one family communicating in Russian.

True

I've heard that there is a strong presence of Russian church in Washington,

There is a strong Ukrainian and Russian Christians here. At first they would rent an American church to perform their services and then eventually built their own churches to operate out of.

(as a gossip, I've also heard that in the Russian community of Washington there is a high demand for sexually active males, for extramarital affairs with Russian women who are married to good but less active men.

I haven't heard about that but I have dated dozens of FSU women around Seattle and some eventually disclosed they were married. Their reasons for committing adultery were abusive husband, husband not exciting in bed, husband cheated on her, and husband is poor and they are looking for another man to take care of them on the side. All but one of the women were married to FSU men. The one married to an American man was not happy with him because he was grumpy all the time and wasn't making enough money for them to have any luxuries in life.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »

A few weekends ago I took wifey and MIL to yard sales. We stopped at an estate sale and went into the house looking at items for sale. I noticed my wife talking to a Ukrainian woman and after we bought a few things and left, I asked my wife if she thought the lady was nice. Then I disclosed to her that was my ex wife's aunt.

Two weeks ago was a bad week. I was low bidder on a school project and the general contractor ended up giving the job to another sub contractor, probably using my numbers. I do logging, demolition, earthwork, and wet utilities. This week was a good week because I was low bidder on a school job that was twice the value of the job I lost. The job is also 2 1/2 hours from where I live. The crew and I will be staying there 5 days a week and come home on the weekend. My wife will be okay since she has mother visiting to keep her company but I hope you guys will be alright if I'm not around as much this summer.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
Be careful with the electric lines in the 'wet utilities.'
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Marta7

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »
I see photos of happy men and women

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Marta

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2016, 06:18:48 PM »

:welcome: to the forum, Marta!  We hope you enjoy your time here.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2016, 06:22:11 PM »
This week was a good week because I was low bidder on a school job that was twice the value of the job I lost. The job is also 2 1/2 hours from where I live. The crew and I will be staying there 5 days a week and come home on the weekend.

What's the job, Billy?  School expansion, or a completely new build in a new subdivision?  How long is it likely to take?

My wife will be okay since she has mother visiting to keep her company but I hope you guys will be alright if I'm not around as much this summer.

I'm sure we'll survive.  ;D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2016, 09:55:42 PM »

Thank you Marta and it's an honor to have a lady make her first post in my thread. Since I was a boy, it was a dream of mine to make all ladies in the world happy but my government made a terrible law allowing me to marry and make happy only one woman at a time.

What's the job, Billy?  School expansion, or a completely new build in a new subdivision?  How long is it likely to take?

It's a partial school building demolition and building a new school. It should be completed in a year and a half. My scope of work includes, clearing brush and cutting trees, stripping the sod and topsoil, excavating footings, installing wet utilities, and grading to subgrade so the pavers have something smooth to pave on. Logging is as dangerous as they say it is but some of those loggers are as tough as nails. If you're ever in the woods and see a logger fighting a bear, you help the bear.

My wife came home today and confessed while she was volunteering at the VA hospital, a man came over and grabbed her hand while looking in her eyes for a long time. He talked to her and then gave her his address and told her he'd like her to visit. Do you guys think I should report that to the hospital as sexual harassment? These days just looking at a woman can be considered sexual harassment.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:59:30 PM by BillyB »

Offline ML

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2016, 03:30:39 PM »
My wife came home today and confessed while she was volunteering at the VA hospital, a man came over and grabbed her hand while looking in her eyes for a long time. He talked to her and then gave her his address and told her he'd like her to visit. Do you guys think I should report that to the hospital as sexual harassment? These days just looking at a woman can be considered sexual harassment.

Don't report anything.  Some of those guys have been though hell.  So don't begrudge them a little attention or even a quick feel.  Assuming that is, that it is only a one time thing.  Even then, tell her to just try to avoid the guy rather than causing him trouble.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Morty

« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »
Billy,

9edit, sorry for all the damn typos, this new iPad Pro autocorrect is Fubar)

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it is anything sexual if he just grabbed her hand, if he touches her ass she good give him a healthy slap;most squaddies are used to that :)

It sounds to me that he is lonely, I know a lot of vets who came from broken homes or were orphans, the military was their family and when they leave they lose all their support group. Holding someone's hand might just signify an emotional need, not a sexual one (if grunts need action they aren't morally objectionable to pay 4 play).

The staring thing - again that's not usually a Perv thing, when you' expectations spent 18 hours on stag duty at a fob staring down o-tics you lose the ability to blink. I scare my mom because I stare at everyone like I'm about to do harm to them. You've heard of the 1000 yard stare? Well everything that can kill you in Afghanistan and Iraq was more than 1,000 yards, any kind of designated marksman role involved hours spent staring, sleeping with one eye open. I have a buddy whose wife actually thought he died in his sleep, he had such a tight control on his respiration and can sleep eyes wide open. Long winded explanation but you get the idea.

Maybe he just needs a friend? Maybe if she talks to him a little and let's him know she is happily married then his intentions will become clear. A lot of these guys have very poor social skills, and trying to integrate into civilian life and feel normal can be tough. Most of them just want what you want; to hang out at a bbq and drink some beers and shoot the shit. If your wife seems kind maybe he just approached her badly, honestly, most the guys I know just need someone to hug and and shoulder to (really) cry on. So I'd give him the benefit of the doubt unless he made an inappropriate physical contact or suggestion, when a polite rebuke will put most of them back into line.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:09:14 PM by Morty »

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »

Seriously, if he approaches A again, tell her to find out if he would like you to visit as well.  You're a veteran yourself, so you should have a reasonable amount in common.  This, of course, assumes that he's not just being a creep.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »
Don't report anything.   So don't begrudge them a little attention or even a quick feel.

That's easy to say since it's not your wife involved!

Some of those guys have been though hell. 

The guy's ex Air Force. They never go through hell. Air Force gets the gravy missions. When I was stationed on Ft. Bragg, I got to do some work on Pope Air Force Base next door and ate in their mess hall. They are better funded and eat better food than soldiers in the Army. If they ate Army food, then yes, they've been through hell. I once beat a biscuit with a spoon and couldn't put a dent in it.

Even then, tell her to just try to avoid the guy rather than causing him trouble.

Too late to avoid. She gave him her number.

It sounds to me that he is lonely, I know a lot of vets who came from broken homes or were orphans, the military was their family and when they leave they lose all their support group. Holding someone's hand might just signify an emotional need, not a sexual one (if grunts need action they aren't morally objectionable to pay 4 play).

I don't know if he's from a broken home but he does belong to some exclusive 55 and over club living next to a lake. I do understand it's easy for men to appreciate beautiful medical personnel tending to their needs. If I were lonely and in a hospital and a beautiful nurse walked in, it would brighten my day. It also helps my wife smiles and is friendly with everyone. If a guy can't fall in love with a wife like mine, he probably belongs in a mental institution.

9edit, sorry for all the damn typos, this new iPad Pro autocorrect is Fubar)

I think it's SNAFU instead of FUBAR

Seriously, if he approaches A again, tell her to find out if he would like you to visit as well.

I've considered visiting him, I know what trailer home park he lives in. It's the one next door to the airport. There's a few things I can do.

1) Go over there and proceed to kick butt, then ask questions.

2) Ask questions, then proceed to kick butt regardless of the answers.

3) Show compassion and consider the reasons for him making the move on my wife as an emotional need, not a physical one.

4) Go to his house with my wife since she was invited anyway and trade war stories with him. #4 is my wife's suggestion. He should have some good stories since he enlisted in the Air Force during his teens and participated in WW2. If I go with option 4, I better do it fast. He's had a stroke and his heart is weak and being monitored. That's why he's in the hospital and yesterday transferred out of my wife's department and relocated to a rehab center for 2 weeks before he's allowed to go home. I actually hope he makes it to his 93rd birthday.

Offline ML

« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2016, 07:44:37 PM »
His plane may have been shot down; and he lived in POW camp for some time period.

I knew a guy like that who spent 2 + years in German POW camp during WWII.

He was an officer, and told me that the enlisted men actually had it better in the POW camp because they worked the gardens and could steal food here and there.

He told me that after I spoke that I heard the Germans treated officer pilots fairly well.  Supposedly this was Hermann Göring's policy; but he denied it was true . . . at least for he and his fellow officers at that particular camp.

Offline Morty

« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2016, 04:14:15 AM »
My bad Billy

I work with Afghanistan army veterans so made all sorts of assumptions about his situation age etc. If he is a blue job and some old boy then for sure go and tell him to keep his dirty mittens to himself.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2016, 07:07:20 PM »

Correction. My wife got her military services mixed up and the Air Force guy was actually in the Army. He did a lot of island hopping in a troop ship zigzagging in the Pacific to avoid submarines. Half the unit he trained with went to Europe and the other half to the Pacific. The unit that went to Europe was completely wiped out.

Unfortunately the guys daughter called the hospital worried my wife is getting too close to her father. I told my wife the daughter is worried she's a gold digger or jealous that her father is thrilled he met her. I told my wife to let it go. The daughter has been in her father's life for 70 years and for whatever reason, doesn't want anybody else close to her father even if it brings him joy.

Besides my wife being good looking, she is sweet to everybody and feels patients should not only be physically healthy but emotionally healthy and tries to cheer them up. Another veteran wanted to get her number and be friends but my wife said "no". She's going to have boundaries from now on.

Yesterday, during Memorial Day, she didn't clock in. I asked why. She said today she's donating her time. I told her she's already a volunteer and donating her time. She said she need a certain amount of hours to get to the next level of medical school but she won't count the hours on Memorial Day. Still doesn't make sense to me because she's already committed to doing over twice the amount of volunteer service required of her.

Offline ML

« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2016, 07:56:16 PM »
Billy, although yes its all to do with health care,
generally we think of medical school for doctors.
Dental school for dentists.
Nursing school for nurses.

You have mentioned both medical school and obtaining nursing degree with respect to your wife.

Which is it ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2016, 05:07:03 PM »

You have mentioned both medical school and obtaining nursing degree with respect to your wife.

Which is it ?

My error for not being clear and accurate. Now it's nursing school and very likely medical school in the future. She wants to be a doctor but I convinced her to get an RN first and work in the industry to get familiar with the system and figure out which direction she wants to go and what type of doctor she wants to be. She can further her education to be a doctor or take a few more years of school to be a nurse practitioner which can perform many duties of a doctor. There will be a huge demand for nurse practitioners soon. With Obama care in effect and the fight to keep costs down, nurse practitioners will be substituted for doctors. 

There has been talk about the huge cost of marrying an FSU women lately in various threads but nobody has talked about the rewards. In a few years more my wife will be making 70k a year and with additional education, over 100k.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2016, 07:17:36 PM »
I helped a family I knew in Omsk, Russia arrive here about 20 years ago. Brought along 2 year old son.. Absolutely zero English.
Wife took 3 ESL languages at the same time and sent for her medical school records [ in Russian of course ]. I tried to tell her to take nurse route also and I like your reasoning. Instead she somehow found a group like herself and they all studied U.S. medical books. Fast forward 2 years and she took and passed U.S. medical tests.

After lucking out she found residency program at U. of Chicago and ended up passing 4 boards and is now practicing and raking in the $$. Her 2 year old son is now entering his 3rd year of Med school at U. of Wisconsin. The father has done quite well also but that is another story.

My admiration for so many smart Russians is really high.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2016, 03:16:35 AM »
...Her 2 year old son is now entering his 3rd year of Med school at U. of Wisconsin...

Wow!  A real-life Doogie Howser!  :D  Somehow I think you meant "her THEN 2 year old son..."  But, seriously, it's a great advertisement for the results that can be achieved.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2016, 10:14:52 AM »
My admiration for so many smart Russians is really high.

Although the media usually talks about the deadbeat immigrants on social programs, quite a few immigrants come here to work hard to succeed. Opportunity along with being hungry tends to bring out the best in some people.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2016, 09:18:26 AM »
Going to Yellowstone with wife and MIL. Younger son of mine backed out last minute because my ex is due any day. Wife wants to do most of the driving. Works for me. Gives me more time to harass you guys. If I don't get eaten by a bear or wolf I'll post some pics when I get back. Do you guys prefer to see four legged deer or two legged dear?

Offline ML

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2016, 10:02:07 AM »
Either one; but only when wearing short shorts.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2016, 09:05:58 AM »
I've always been a sucker for a nice pair of long slim legs myself!  ;)
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »
Younger son of mine backed out last minute because my ex is due any day.

"Due" in which sense?  To visit, or to give birth?  :o

Offline BillyB

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2016, 07:35:26 PM »
"Due" in which sense?  To visit, or to give birth?  :o

Birth. I don't even know if the father of the baby is in their lives. My ex doesn't talk about her love life with me but I will talk to my son to make sure any new parent isn't mistreating him.

Hammer, ML, be patient. It will be worth it. The pics I'll be posting next week are X rated. None of the animals in Yellowstone, except me, are wearing clothes!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701