It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Schengen Visa  (Read 9151 times)

Offline Mars

Re: Schengen Visa
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »
She went down to her travel agency in Omsk and came back with a figure of around $2400. Mind you, this was for 2 rooms, 2 weeks in a 4 star hotel, on the water, breakfast included, her airfare from Siberia, Schengen Visa, a couple of site tours, everything.

The only thing I had to do was buy my own airfare. Which 5 years ago was around $650. from Miami.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

But please, one more clarification, or repeat clarification if you wish.

As I understand from what you wrote above, your lady was able to make package tour which included:

1) airfare for only herself.
2) room for herself.
3) room for you.

The reason that I belobor this point, is that I have been told by more than one travel agency that it is impossible to do.  The tour agencies and companies package together the flights AND hotels in a way such that a huge discount is involved; BUT each party (air and hotel) does NOT want it to be known what their part of the huge discount is.   

For that reason, as I have been told, the tour agencies are not able to cobble together a deal for only part of it . . . hotel only for you in this case.

But maybe they booked the hotel only for you; at prices above tour package rates.

Still a confusing topic for me to get a handle on.   :)

Thanks for your continued patience with me.
Mars man looking for Venus woman.

Offline Col HJ

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »
Well the book comes to an unfortunate close, just spoke to my girl an hour ago and there will be no Schengen visa or trip to Italy....at least not for a while. The lawyer pal of Igor the cab dude tells her today that Hungary (unofficially of course) is not issuing any visas to Ukrainian citizens. There are - understandably - some extremely hard feelings between Hungary and Ukraine now with the Russian gas crunch. And so Hungary says no mas to helping any Ukrainian whilst they they are freezing. Not unreasonable I suppose. Anyways said lawyer pal recommends to my girl not to even submit her application for a few weeks. So your good Col HJ after near 3 months of anticipating a romantic 2 week holiday in Italy with my wonderful  girl will board a plane Monday and head back to Tejas. I had all plans to go and see her if the visa fell through but the mother ship is covered with work and begging for my presence. And in all likelihood it will be April before my schedule will permit me another chance to see her. Yeah I'm VERY disappointed, and now we're facing another 3 months apart. Vodka anyone?? I'm only lacking her signatures to submit our K-1 package,hopefully that goes a little smoother.

A heartfelt thanks to everyone for your support and advice.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »
Well the book comes to an unfortunate close, just spoke to my girl an hour ago and there will be no Schengen visa or trip to Italy....at least not for a while. The lawyer pal of Igor the cab dude tells her today that Hungary (unofficially of course) is not issuing any visas to Ukrainian citizens. There are - understandably - some extremely hard feelings between Hungary and Ukraine now with the Russian gas crunch. And so Hungary says no mas to helping any Ukrainian whilst they they are freezing. Not unreasonable I suppose. Anyways said lawyer pal recommends to my girl not to even submit her application for a few weeks. So your good Col HJ after near 3 months of anticipating a romantic 2 week holiday in Italy with my wonderful  girl will board a plane Monday and head back to Tejas. I had all plans to go and see her if the visa fell through but the mother ship is covered with work and begging for my presence. And in all likelihood it will be April before my schedule will permit me another chance to see her. Yeah I'm VERY disappointed, and now we're facing another 3 months apart. Vodka anyone?? I'm only lacking her signatures to submit our K-1 package,hopefully that goes a little smoother.

A heartfelt thanks to everyone for your support and advice.

Thats too bad ColHJ, it has to be heartbreaking. Prepare for a lengthy wait on the K-1.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 05:34:28 PM »
Would probably have been better off applying at the Italian Consulate in the first place..

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 12:27:35 AM »
Sorry to hear it, I hope next time you will be more lucky in the meeting.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 08:00:10 AM »
Well the book comes to an unfortunate close, just spoke to my girl an hour ago and there will be no Schengen visa or trip to Italy....at least not for a while.

Sorry to hear about this COL HJ. I know how important it is to spend time with your lady.

I have been to several of the "Schengen" countries and my favorite is the CZ Republic.

The culture, the unbelievable architecture, the castles and just the general atmosphere is VERY relaxing and it allowed my wife and I to "recharge" our batteries.

I study weaponry as a hobby.

Yeah..... GoodOlBoy was that crazy 60's kid that made "potato/tennis ball mortars" out of junk in my Dad's garage.

Anyway, there was a real cool indoor crossbow shooting gallery at the city center in Prague. My wife and I went there and shot some bolts (arrows).

The crossbow is a pretty wicked weapon.  :evil:

Good luck in future plans.

GOB
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:38:02 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 08:14:19 AM »
Thanks for the detailed reply.
But please, one more clarification, or repeat clarification if you wish.
As I understand from what you wrote above, your lady was able to make package tour which included:
1) airfare for only herself.
2) room for herself.
3) room for you.
The reason that I belobor this point, is that I have been told by more than one travel agency that it is impossible to do.....

Hello Mars.

I wanted to check with my wife before answering your question.

After all she did arrange for all of our trips.

My wife said she had absolutely NO problem booking an extra room with our tours. She did not have to pay any extra airfare or anything else.

Also, she did get the "extra" room at the same discounted price that she paid for her room. Not one penny more.

She told me last night that if your girl goes to her agency and can't get you an extra room in a travel package, then your girl needs to check with other agencies in her town.

If your girl is in Omsk, my wife can give you the name and address of her travel agency if you want?

Anyway, have a safe journey and best of luck.

GOB
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:17:08 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1906
Total: 1917

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM