It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hi All! ;-)  (Read 3474 times)

Hi All! ;-)
« on: March 07, 2006, 02:45:57 PM »
Greetings!

Some of you might remember me as 'snuggle-bear', but I changed it to 'bear' on this board since it was still available. All is well with my wife Marianna and I, our first-born son, Alexander was born to us on January 27th, 2006. He is a strong, healthy, happy and playful boy. We are very blessed to have him.

The CIS finally punted their case against my wife. We had gone to Mexico in January 2005 and didn't have one of the papers for re-entering the USA. It took 11 months to get that fixed, but it is in the rear-view mirror for us now. We just got mail from the CIS yesterday about her interview on the 27 of this month! Yay!

Marianna and I have been married now for 18months and we are very happy together. We have not been able to go back to Ukraine for nearly 2 years due to the immigrations snafu from Jan.05. We are planning a trip back to Ukraine in late May and wil stay for about 1 month. Her family is really anxious to see our boy and we will be happy to see Marianna's sister's new baby girl too.

Looking forward to touching base / and meeting some of you. I updated our little website if anyojne cares to have a look... http://snuggle-bear.hudlevo.com/ .

~Bear

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 03:22:15 PM »
Bear,

Welcome to RWD! And a much deserved CONGRADULATIONS! on your  little one and a second one for your surviving USCIS! Elena and I have  been married for 14 months now and will be taking our first trip back  to Russia in June so I can relate a bit to how happy your lady is to  finally be able to get back on familiar footing again. Look forward to  hearing about your life so far as your timeframe is not too far off  from ours.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »
Hey Bear.

Congrats on the new addition to the family, and I am VERY pleased to hear that you got the Mexico thing straightened out, the outcome was looking pretty bleak there for a while, glad to see you two are still around and doing well :cool:
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:10:06 PM »
Welcome back, Bear and thank you for sending the pic I was using as my Avatar of the Motherland statue in Kiev.

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »
Bear,

Welcome back.  I was very impressed with your website!  Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you and yours.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zhena

Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »
Bear,

congratulations! I like your website and especially that museic when you open it!:D Could open and listen,open and listen...

Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 11:43:07 AM »
Thanks all,

Nice to be back and best wishes to all. I see that my old pal Maxx is still around too. :D Anyone know what happened to JayPatches? Is he still around?

~Bear

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 11:50:46 AM »
Quote from: Bear
Thanks all,

Nice to be back and best wishes to all. I see that my old pal Maxx is still around too. :D Anyone know what happened to JayPatches? Is he still around?

~Bear

He's here too. You can find him quickly to send a PM if you like under the members tab --> J

"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Killer-B

• "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 01:02:58 PM »
:clapping:Hey Bear LOL - Jumping back in the fire I see.... Good for you - and good to see ya back...

Congrats again for you & Marianna!!

We'll see ya (trolling) :arguing:around!

Cheers-

Killer-B
"The best revenge, is to live a great life..."

Offline Jay Patches

Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 03:25:24 PM »
Quote from: Bear
Thanks all,

~Bear

I hear he's lurking somewhere around here ;)

It's great to hear the good news, All the good news.  I'm sure your life has changed, and is changing, in ways you couldn't even imagine.  I don't think I had a decent night's sleep for a year after my son was born :D

For what it's worth, I took a trip to the Carpathians last year and absolutely loved it!  It is so very different from Russia and Eastern Ukraine, it's almost like a different country.  May is a beautiful time to be in Ukraine, maybe my favorite.  The trees along Kreshatik are in full bloom and the skirts are getting shorter.....  not that a happily married man would take note of the skirts though. :P

JP

Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 03:55:59 PM »
HAHA :P

Great to hear from you pal!

For what it's worth, I took a trip to the Carpathians last year and absolutely loved it!  It is so very different from Russia and Eastern Ukraine, it's almost like a different country. 

Actually, that little mountain range WAS several different countries over the last 1,000 years. The last was the FSU of course and before that, I believe it was part of Poland, and then part of the Astria-Hungarian Empire to name a few. I do like going for hikes up there. I have a friend from Romania and he says that it is real nice down there in the 'boot' of the range too. It is definitely wort a look; glad to hear that you got to see it.

~Bear

Offline Muj

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Hi All! ;-)
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 01:48:26 AM »
Bear,

I agree, great webiste and nice pics of the Oregon beach too.   Congrats for your happy marriage and new baby.  I found the Carpathians interesting and beautiful as well.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701