It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dental work in FSU  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Dental work in FSU
« on: January 24, 2005, 07:37:12 AM »
Hey Bruce, read a comment you made about bringing your sister-in-law to the states for dental work under the sending money home thread.

I do not know what city she is in but have you checked her city or surrounding bigger cities for quality dental care? You know they do have some fine dentist's in the FSU.

The dentist I use in Kiev is also used by some Ukraine movie stars, and famous singers. He came recommended and I used him. Since I was so pleased with his work my wife has had her dental work done by him as well as a few other guys I know from the states.

My dentist here in the states was going to charge me about $2400 for some dental work. This dentist in Kiev charged $260 and with a $40 tip it cost me $300. I am very pleased with his work.

I think if you look around you may find some quality dental care in her area and they will probably charge more than the so-so denistry were trying to avoid. Worse case it will probably be much cheaper for her to take train to Kiev.

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Dental work in FSU
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 08:48:23 AM »
I am sure they have quality dentists in Moscow like they do in Kiev.  The question that comes to mind is whether her parents will even let her go to a dentist in Moscow, since they feel they have excellent dental care in Tver.   They honestly feel their dental care is fine.  Perception is the biggest hurdle for me.  I am not one to start family squables - so if my wife's sister comes to the USA again I'll get her to a dentist.  If she does not - then she will get the opinion of their local dentists, which I tend to question based on my wife's mouth full of cavities when she got here.  Of course getting her to go to Moscow for a check-up / fillings is alot easier than getting the sister to go to the USA. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Frank

Dental work in FSU
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 09:48:59 PM »
Hi Jack,

Could you tell me who your dentist is in Kiev?  I have been looking for a good one there.  Thank's, Frank.
When in doubt, run!!!!!!!

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Dental work in FSU
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 11:04:05 AM »
Sure Frank

Anatoliy Berezkin. His phone is +38 (044) 2867604

Offline Frank

Dental work in FSU
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 09:40:45 PM »
Thanks Jack!
When in doubt, run!!!!!!!

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
Dental work in FSU
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 08:11:50 AM »
I know that Jack swears by his Ukrainian dentist, but all the work performed by my wife's Russian dentist had to be redone here in America.  She didn't go to a "free" dentist either.  The American dentist said that the work was fine, but the materials used were substandard.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Donna_Pedro

Dental work in FSU
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 06:55:03 AM »
Well, it depends on what dentist  you are using.  There are a bunch of very expensive dental clinics in Moscow, where the prices are compatable with USA, so is the quality  of work, but  you would not even  compare the quality "free" clinics provide.  
Kaplah!

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
Dental work in FSU
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 09:24:10 AM »
Hey Donna,

Welcome!! Glad to see you show up here.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jb

Dental work in FSU
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 01:08:03 AM »
Hi folks,

I have to concur, there are some very good dentists in the FSU, my wife's doctor here has remarked on the fine quality of her dental work done in Moscow.  I'm seriously considering having some work done this summer when we go back for a visit.

(and,,, no, I wasn't thinking of getting two big gold caps in the front)

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Dental work in FSU
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 03:05:58 AM »
Quote from: jb

(and,,, no, I wasn't thinking of getting two big gold caps in the front)

Last time I visited, besides a mouthful of gold teeth that should have been locked up in Ft. Knox, saw one woman with silver teeth like that big guy in the Bond film.  Was it silver? stainless steel? maybe platinum? (I was afraid to ask)

Regarding dentists, we found a real good one there that is booked far in advance with many patients from the west. It's almost like getting a free trip.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Dental work in FSU
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 05:51:54 AM »
"it's almost like getting a free trip."

Well, your right about that BC.

The money my wife and myself have saved by using our dentist in Kiev over our American dentist paid for not one, but both airline tickets. And not one trip, but two trips. We will arrange in advance to see our dentist, he knows we are coming. After being picked-up at Borispol we are taken straight to the dentist office where the work begins. Sometimes we might come back the next day, or two, sometimes in a week, or sometimes in two weeks, all depending on the work done and our schedules. And if you are a man who has plans to see some fine FSU ladies and do some dental work, you had best wait towards the end of your trip.

BUT as Ken and others have referred to, their are some bad dentist in the FSU as well. You have to be able to separate the good dentist from the bad dentist or you will find yourself up a creek with no paddle.

Offline 300spartans

Dental work in FSU
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 04:43:47 PM »
 KenC,
 I hope WM have noted your inconspicuous comment about getting your wife's dentistry work redone in the states. For many men, this cost could be crippling. I have heard of one western man saddled with a quote for over $20,000 to repair shoddy Ukraine dentistry.

Nobody has mentioned this so here goes. Many people in the FSU including women in their twenties have very bad teeth, and other health problems such as lumps in the lungs. WM take note and check your bank balance, ensure there are many, many zeros and it is a credit balance before even buying an air ticket for your first FSU visit. If you are a one-week wonder you will be forking out for the teeth repairs within the FSU pretty quickly, otherwise you will be accused of not loving her enough. Then in the west, it might all have to be done again.

300spartans

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541383
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3453
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 3441
Total: 3452

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Yesterday at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill