It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 20 years later...  (Read 3112 times)

Offline milkchaser

20 years later...
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:24:20 AM »
My wife and I celebrated our 20th in April. Seems like yesterday we were meeting in Odessa. The two months I spent there in the summer of 1999 are some of my best memories. But with two kids now, there have been thousands more (and a few arguments I wish we'd never had).

Second luckiest moment of my life - the instant I saw her photo and wrote to her - despite thinking she was out of my league. Luckiest moment was when she wrote back to me. Of the 50 replies she got to her photo, mine was the only one she responded to. We each took a lucky guess.

The first day we met, we tried to talk for an hour or so, but we could not understand each other. As I walked her to the bus that night, I was thinking that it was just not going to work out. But the next time we met, she brought along her Russian-English dictionary and we painstakingly made ourselves known to each other.

She told me a joke - not so funny except for how she told it, with her thick accent.

One narkoman (drug addict) sayez to anuzzer narkoman, "Next monzz, it vill be May?"
Uzzer narkoman sayez, "No. Next monzz vill be Marsh."
First narkoman sayez, "Zen next monzz, vill be May?"
Anuzzer narkoman sayez, "No. Vill be April."
First narkoman sayez, "I sink ziss year, vill be no May."

Five years later, we were married with two children.

A few years after that, we received the bad news that my adult son from my first marriage had died. The first words out of her mouth were, "Oh, he never even got married." Think about that. Marriage, when it works, is really the most profound thing we ever experience.

So here we are, in the middle of international chaos unlike anything we've seen since before most of us were born. I, normally the breadwinner, jobless. Our little family of four hunkered down together. Our family is what matters most of all. Not the career. Not the schools. Not the politics or the slogans. Not the various diversions that occupied so much of our time only two months ago. Family. A family that would not have come to be if not for two lucky guesses.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 20 years later...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 01:48:15 AM »
Post of the Month material

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:42:22 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experience milkchaser. It's great to hear that the luckiest days of your life involve your wife. I thoroughly enjoyed my journey from the chase, to marriage and currently life with an FSU woman.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 10:53:45 AM »
Milkchaser,

Thank you for sharing your story.  Its a good one.

Thank you for sharing your feelings about the importance of family.  Those of us lucky enough to be married to FSUW know this importance.

Thank you for sharing your emotions.  You are feeling the mental pain of joblessness.  Hang in there.  This will get better. 

You shared her joke.  Again, another reminder of the different styles of humor between the West and the East. 

You met in Odessa, normally a place to avoid because of scams.  Yet, you found happiness.  :clapping:  Did your wife ever explain why she chose you from photos of 50 other men? 

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 07:26:37 PM »
"The thick accent"...Like 'wytimin C...refridgerotter....gamburger...stuff like that?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 07:31:50 PM »
You met in Odessa, normally a place to avoid because of scams.  Yet, you found happiness.
So did I...which goes to show---you can get scammed anywhere and you can find your wife anywhere.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1873
Total: 1884

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM