It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1089741 times)

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1825 on: January 22, 2015, 08:31:03 AM »
I hope the suffering for Russia economically will last many decades. The end for to the Putler regime can't come soon enough.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It's going to be comical to see Russians carting their rubles around in wheelbarrows, borrowing money from banks at loan shark interest rates, hoarding Ikea furniture to preserve value, and having to use beetroot because they can no longer afford imported lipsticks.

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1826 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »
Russia- a state sponsor of Terror?

This is very good article.

As France and Europe mourned and condemned the senseless terrorism in Paris, the European Parliament only a few days later, in a tough resolution on Ukraine, refused to describe the Russian-sponsored separatist enclaves in eastern Ukraine as “terrorist.” Why the double standards? Promoting terrorism EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini’s proposal to the EU to return to business with Russia and not only ignore its state-backed terrorist campaign but even its hybrid war was rejected by member states. US Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey has declared that the threat of Russian aggression and terrorism in Europe are growing. After all, the arrest of five Russian citizens in France on January 20th on terrorism charges showed how futile it is to try and sanitise developments in one part of Europe and separate them from those in another.

For much more information read the article.

http://neweasterneurope.eu/art...sponsor-of-terrorism

Offline Taz

• Carpe diem...before it seizes you!
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1827 on: January 22, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
For me this has been a very divisive conflict to say the least. In general I had much closer ties to Russia than I did to Ukraine for reasons I won't discuss in an open forum. I had worked and done much more in Russia. My ties extend all the way back several decades now.

So when I see so many Russians adopt the same mindset as "Holocaust deniers" it really saddens me. Once again Russian is killing Ukrainians for no reason. First it was Stalin with the Holodomor and the mass starvation of Ukrainians which he and Russia denied for many decades. I can see Putler's response "Nyet, no Ukrainians are being starved in Ukraine. We give them all the food they want (as long as it is only one slice of bread)." Stalin was a genocidal maniac and Putin is at a minimum a maniac and possibly a genocidal one at that. Thousands of Ukrainians have already died because of him. He has their blood on his hands and only God knows how many journalists' blood as well.

So now it is clearly time to support the Ukrainians in the conflict. I watched Yanukovich's Russian snipers gun down people in Kiev. Yanukovich was a Russian puppet so all the people that died at Maidan was the first blood on his hands.

While I don't want to see Russia win this war and be rewarded for their bad behavior I would seriously consider a different strategy as well. I would encourage Ukraine to adopt a "poison pill" strategy similar to what corporations do when confronted with a hostile takeover. I am sure there are many ways that Ukraine can drive up the overall cost to Russia so that they will really regret this invasion. I am in favor of even more aggressive sanctions and punishing Russia financial. Cripple their economy and let the propagandists suffer as they cart wheelbarrows of rubles to the store to buy bread.

We live in a civilized world and there is no place for this type of conduct from what was supposedly a leading economic power. It is obviously a war now and the world needs to recognize. The US and England need to stand up for their promises in the  Budapest Memorandum.
Take time to learn the language. Even a little can go a long ways...

Get off your butt and go! Don't make excuses why you can't do it, find a way to make it work! Always go with a backup plan too!!!

Offline cc3

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1828 on: January 22, 2015, 09:23:03 AM »
If you refuse the negotiations and don't want to talk with rebels you belong to party of war and must share responsibility for dead Ukrainian soldiers and others killed at Donbass.
As for Russia she has business there because Donbass is populated by people (not just some men) who considered themselves as part of Russian people. It's not my claim, it's a fact.
As for invasion in foreign country... should I point you who and where implemented the invasions in foreign countries in the last 20 years? International law must be the same for all countries, otherwise  no sense to discuss this issue.

Belvis, the stupidity and ignorance of the Russians and pro-Russian mindslaves have no limits! First, to enlighten your dim awareness of reality, the rebels are actually moskali and mercenaries, led tactically by the Russian (morphing into murderous Soviet Red Army 2.0) Army and GRU, directed strategically by one man, Tsar Vladimir. There are no true Ukrainian rebels with whom to negotiate. If there had been, without the muscovite invasion, the 'rebels' would have been defeated this summer by the Ukrainian Army and its associated volunteers (who are not being paid $2000 to $4000 per month as are the muscovite mercenaries). Secondly, muscovites are committing war crime after war crime in the Donbass theater of operations. Eventually they will pay for their evil atrocities. Fair negotiations are impossible with the barbaric neo-fascists that the Putin-led, and Stalin-inspired, muscovites have become. The civilized world is nauseated by the actions and lies of the RF and its puppet nations and sympathizers.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1829 on: January 22, 2015, 10:05:18 AM »
Time to stand in front of Putler and give him that 1000 yard stare. I know some of you will know the one I mean. Just look past him, like he isn't there and let him know he means nothing to you and then unleash hell on his army. There isn't a better fighting force in the world than the US armed services. If I could surround myself with a few other groups it would be the IDF, SAS and Aussies (with Kiwi of course). Actually I think the IDF could kick Russia's zhopa in E. Ukraine quite easily.

IDF could probably ruin Putler's day by themselves but they are so far away.  I've heard rumors thought that they want to help Ukraine out.  The largest Jewish center in the World is in Dnipropetrovsk and they know that Putler's propaganda is all lies.  SAS were long regarded as the best special forces in the World.  I don't want to start any arguments but the title for number one may have passed to Seal Team 6 with all their recent success's.  Either way they would be a huge asset to any coalition.  Aussies of course welcome.

I think the Poles are likely to give the most immediate assistance as they have the most to lose.  I won't be surprised that if invited they enforce a no-fly zone over W. Ukraine and Kiev and other major cities to keep the Russians far away from those areas should the Russians launch a total invasion of E. Ukraine.  Germany might be hesitant for obvious reasons however they have the most potent Army in the area closest to Ukraine.  Czech Republic would likely help out any way they could.  If the EU and Nato don't take leadership after an all-out invasion of Ukraine it would certainly be hoped that these neighboring countries would simply do what they could.  Now this is all speculation still however there is no doubt what Putin's real intentions have been all along.  His economy getting crushed may stop him or it may cause him to proceed because he's mad like a hornet's nest is after being disturbed.  Hard to know how rational the man still is and how far his insanity has progressed.

Offline cc3

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1830 on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »
You said  I didn't have compassion. Show me. I just said I didn't care what she thought about me.

And she certainly does not care about you! Here's why she hates the muscovite invaders and those who sympathize with and support them:

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv-post-plus/kremlin-backed-separatists-rain-death-down-on-debaltseve-377923.html

Debaltseve, a small town of, formerly, before the war, 35,000 population, is the town my fiancee was born and raised in. Despite growing up in the Soviet era, she has happy memories of her childhood there. The Eurasian monster fascist invaders from muscovy are obliterating the scene of her happy youthful years. May they all rot in hell after extremely painful deaths!

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1831 on: January 22, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »
Why should Moscow get to dictate how Ukraine is structured?

You can't talk about the dictate to independent state by definition. But something must be changed and federalization is one of the solutions that will be able to to change the stagnation of Ukraine.  Maidan in each 10 years is not the best recipe to move forward. If they don't want federalization, then they have to deal with the present situation, that's the choice of political elite which could be even profitable for them.

How can you refer to international law at all, given Crimea?  Russia has zero respect for international law.

I refer not to international law but to de facto demolition of international laws. And not Russia has started it.

The majority of the population of Donbas never considered itself part of the Russian people. 

If you're right Ukrainian army will have no trouble to subdue Donbass militia. Militia can't fight without local support.  Though to be more accurate I would change Russian people for "Russian world" term.

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1832 on: January 22, 2015, 10:38:57 AM »
First, to enlighten your dim awareness of reality, the rebels are actually moskali and mercenaries, led tactically by the Russian (morphing into murderous Soviet Red Army 2.0) Army and GRU, directed strategically by one man, Tsar Vladimir. There are no true Ukrainian rebels with whom to negotiate.

As I see you're in complete darkness about situation there though think the opposite. Then you'll be always supprised by development of the conflict, just watch.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1833 on: January 22, 2015, 10:47:47 AM »
You can't talk about the dictate to independent state by definition. But something must be changed and federalization is one of the solutions that will be able to to change the stagnation of Ukraine.  Maidan in each 10 years is not the best recipe to move forward. If they don't want federalization, then they have to deal with the present situation, that's the choice of political elite which could be even profitable for them.
Federalization is not a solution for Ukraine.  Let the occupied territory go.  Russia doesn't want it.  It can be independent, with no international recognition.
I refer not to international law but to de facto demolition of international
laws. And not Russia has started it.
So not respecting international law is the solution?  Most EU countries do, in fact, adhere to international law. 
If you're right Ukrainian army will have no trouble to subdue Donbass militia. Militia can't fight without local support.  Though to be more accurate I would change Russian people for "Russian world" term.
If they were not supported by paid mercenaries, and equipment provided (and paid for) by the Russian government, this conflict would have been over long ago.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1834 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »
So, I guess, if you all don't mind, the Latvians and Poles and Germans will retake Koenigsberg.

Go ahead. Will you be with them  in tank in front line battalion?  :D
To be more serious I do not exclude such turn if locals of Kaliningrad region revolt against Moscow. US will help them for sure (... Kosovo, Syria ...)

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1835 on: January 22, 2015, 10:52:58 AM »
Belvis, why are you bending over for a 63 year old has been who killed Russians in apartment bombings to get elected President, killed Russians in Chechnya, killed Russians in compartment 9 on the Kursk, killed Russians who stood up for freedom of speech, killed Russians in Georgia and is killing Russians in Ukraine?  Here is another question, the rest of the world is getting richer Blacks, yellows and browns, except Russia is getting poorer?  Is the rest of Russia as this stupid?

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1836 on: January 22, 2015, 10:54:27 AM »
US Trainers To Deploy To Ukraine

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/army/2015/01/21/ukraine-us-army-russia/22119315/

That'll put both American and Canadian (currently in country) service personnel on the ground in Ukraine in a training capacity. We're getting there. Slowly but surely, we're getting there.

From the article...

..."WASHINGTON — American soldiers will deploy to Ukraine this spring to begin training four companies of the Ukrainian National Guard, the head of US Army Europe Lt. Gen Ben Hodges said during his first visit to Kiev on Wednesday.

The number of troops heading to the Yavoriv Training Area near the city of L'viv — which is about 40 miles from the Polish border — is still being determined, however.

The American training effort comes as part of a US State Department initiative "to assist Ukraine in strengthening its law enforcement capabilities, conduct internal defense, and maintain rule of law" Pentagon spokeswoman Lt. Col. Vanessa Hillman told Defense News."...

This is significant in my opinion. Once established the U.S. can pretty well  increase support as they see fit as Canada is already doing.

Also from the article...

..."In addition to US trainers, Washington is beginning to provide heavier military equipment to the government in Kiev. On Monday, the United States delivered the first prototype of an armored "Kozak" vehicle for use with the Ukrainian border guard, according to the US Embassy there."...

A look at the Kozak is here...

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/statements/kozak-01202015.html

And a synopsis of U.S. military assistance supplied to Ukraine so far...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/04/fact-sheet-us-security-assistance-ukraine

All good reading for those who are interested.

There are stronger calls to assist Ukraine from several quarters in the news this a.m. Maybe, just maybe there's been a subtle shift in how the world views Ukraine's fight for survival today. The battle at Donetsk airport might have done more for Ukraine than we currently are aware of.

I realize there is disappointment and anger over Donetsk but what has to be remembered is tactically/strategically Donetsk is one battle and other than it's becoming a symbolic fight, militarily speaking in and of itself, doesn't effect the immediate overall security of free Ukraine one way or the other.

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1837 on: January 22, 2015, 10:57:06 AM »
Will they teach them FM 7-7 and the Ranger Handbook?

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1838 on: January 22, 2015, 10:58:44 AM »
You can't talk about the dictate to independent state by definition. But something must be changed and federalization is one of the solutions that will be able to to change the stagnation of Ukraine.

100% Agree.

Lead by example. Let's start in Russia.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1839 on: January 22, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
Federalization is not a solution for Ukraine.  Let the occupied territory go.  Russia doesn't want it.  It can be independent, with no international recognition.
That's one of solutions but only after and if federalization failed.  Mood is changing fast.

If they were not supported by paid mercenaries, and equipment provided (and paid for) by the Russian government, this conflict would have been over long ago.

May be, may be not. If you remember in February 2014 Dobkin and Kernes have arranged convention of Yugo-Vostok. They obtained no approval from Moscow for revolt against Kiev. But if ... conflict could spread over all Ukraine. So many ifs.

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1840 on: January 22, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »

100% Agree.

Lead by example. Let's start in Russia.

Already done  :D Do you the official name of Russian state?  :)

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1841 on: January 22, 2015, 11:03:33 AM »
But if ... conflict could spread over all Ukraine. So many ifs.
The only way the conflict will spread is if Russia foments it.  It is not natural, and it is not supported by the majority populations of Southern Ukraine (contrary to what Putin assumed).

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1842 on: January 22, 2015, 11:05:41 AM »
Already done  :D Do you the official name of Russian state?  :)

Yes, name only.  ;D

Now, if they could start by obliging those states within Russia that want it, then talk to Ukraine and show them why it is such a good idea.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1843 on: January 22, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »
Belvis, why are you bending over for a 63 year old has been who killed Russians in apartment bombings to get elected President, killed Russians in Chechnya, killed Russians in compartment 9 on the Kursk, killed Russians who stood up for freedom of speech, killed Russians in Georgia and is killing Russians in Ukraine?  Here is another question, the rest of the world is getting richer Blacks, yellows and browns, except Russia is getting poorer?  Is the rest of Russia as this stupid?

Have you heard about mysterious Russian soul?  :)
And Russians don't read west media. Because of that they don't know about that they're becoming poorer while Blacks, yellows and browns getting richer  :)

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1844 on: January 22, 2015, 11:12:46 AM »
Russia cannot exist without Tyranny.  You did not even bother to refute what I said.  You accepted as fact and said so what.

Well, if me and everyone I care about gets blown up in radioactive dust because your President can't get it up for his gymnast girlfriend, let my dying breathe be one opposing you and your kind.

Offline bagalia

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1845 on: January 22, 2015, 11:16:43 AM »
The airport is not to be mourned really. It was only a symbol. There is nothing there left to hold. Ukraine should have bombed the place flat long ago and saved many lives. It is not really a victory for Russia when you consider the amount of lives it took to regain the tiny spot.

What is more important perhaps is that Ukraine pushed in some 2 kilometers towards Donetsk and might have gone further had the bridge not been bombed. While at this moment there is somewhat of a news blackout as to what is going on, it is known that Ukraine controls much of the surrounding area from the airport and much more than they had before, Spartak among others for example. As I inferred before, it is the area that is important and not so much the airport. Airports are transportation hubs.

The next few days will say much even with the pullback of heavy stuff, if that really happens.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1846 on: January 22, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »
There is a rumor that there are still Cyborgs still there isolated, unaccounted for and abandoned.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1847 on: January 22, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »
Belvis, Putin's peace offer (strange that Russia would offer peace in a conflict where it has no fight, eh?) was for Russian "peacekeepers" to move in and occupy Ukraine.

No thanks.

As to federalization, Russia is a federation in name only, and you are intelligent enough to know that. Federalization ended in Russia after Beslan. You also know that.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1848 on: January 22, 2015, 12:31:29 PM »
I refer not to international law but to de facto demolition of international laws. And not Russia has started it.

:ROFL:

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1849 on: January 22, 2015, 01:11:15 PM »
The only way the conflict will spread is if Russia foments it.  It is not natural, and it is not supported by the majority populations of Southern Ukraine (contrary to what Putin assumed).
No. You are assuming that is what Putin assumed...unless you are able to read his mind or otherwise prove your assertion.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541541
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1637
Most Online Ever: 12701