It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: You've got mail in FSU...  (Read 7731 times)

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: You've got mail in FSU...
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 08:39:43 AM »
All well and good and I'm sure the USPS will do their very best.. but the sad truth is once it leaves the US it's pretty much out of their hands.

That's why for really important stuff... like airline tickets... I use FedEx despite the exorbitant cost.  With FedEx the package never leaves their custody.  From drop off to delivery (including customs clearances) they are entirely self-contained. 

Check the country you are sending to.  Premium USPS mail actually goes directly to FedEx in some foreign countries for delivery.  At a much less expensive price.  But same handling when it comes out of customs.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 09:02:50 AM »
Cher,

Your note to your women:

I want to wish you all the joy of this year to be limitless in the next and all the sadness to be washed away by my feelings for you.  I have nothing for you but warmth in my heart and I wish I could feel your joy as your celebrate this wonderful occasion.  Instead I hope the valiant Postal Service brings this note of my thoughts for you and lets you know of someone happy for you.  My only wish for the New Year is that you would share your wish with me.

From your admirer in America,

If a man receives such a letter from a RW he has never communicated with beforehand, we say "SCAM".  Too much, too fast.  You need to tone down the feelings you have in your heart for a photograph.

Your writing is too complex for any RW who is not fluent in English.  Keep it simple so that they have no trouble translating it. 

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 09:10:24 AM »
Besides I can track the tracking number and check to see what happens.

The last tracking info you'll see on your package is that it departed JFK :)

I sent dozens of packages to Ukraine and Russia and was never able to track any after they left the US.

The good news is every single one was delivered w/contents intact. I used USPS Global Express.

Offline chernoble

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »
Cher,

Your note to your women:

If a man receives such a letter from a RW he has never communicated with beforehand, we say "SCAM".  Too much, too fast.  You need to tone down the feelings you have in your heart for a photograph.

Your writing is too complex for any RW who is not fluent in English.  Keep it simple so that they have no trouble translating it. 
Then do you suggest a simpler line like
"Have a Wonderful New year.  Wish you the best from America!
from,
Chernobyl

[email address written below]"

Is this more appropriate?

The last tracking info you'll see on your package is that it departed JFK

When I checked with the post office they say that if someone signs for it I will be able to know when I call them and find out whose signature it is so I can be sure it went to the right person.  :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:00:43 AM by chernoble »
I watched Birthday Girl and none of it is Russian!

Offline Simoni

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 11:23:53 AM »

When I checked with the post office they say that if someone signs for it I will be able to know when I call them and find out whose signature it is so I can be sure it went to the right person.  :)

That is true for FedEx but not for USPS, at least in terms of online tracking.  The post office thinks you can track it, but the reality was for me is that after it flew out of Chicago for Ukraine, no more online updates were shown.   I'm not sure about  telephone support.

If you request proof of delivery by mail, then they do provide it for you.  But it takes another 10 days after reception.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 11:59:56 AM »
But I sent my mail by USPS Express Mail.  I did not want to send a regular stamped envelope for this very reason.  The letter is sealed in a bigger envelope and needs a signature for delivery.  I just hope if they do open it they tape it shut without damaging the card.  Besides I can track the tracking number and check to see what happens.  And my letters are not that thick  ;)

You could have sent those postcards for 70 cents a piece and they would arrive before New Years. Now you put them in bigger envelopes, they could be stolen and you're out more money sending them express. USPS does not Express the mail in Ukraine. The mail is expessed to the airplane leaving to Ukraine. After it gets on that airplane, tht is it for USPS. USPS does not control the speed the airplane, transfer of cargo or local mail service in FSU.

The tracking number will tell you nothing but the fact the mail left the United States. During my snail mail campaign, I send one letter out with tracking and delivery confirmation. Although the receipt came back to me, it was unsigned. I do not know if that letter got to the intended receiver. Just stick with emails and do not call unless you receive permission through email.

Chernoble, being too romantic with these women too early may turn them off. No matter how much cards, flowers, gifts and candy a guy sends to a woman, he still needs to win her over with himself. Think about what to do to make yourself an attractive mate to a woman.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline chernoble

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »
Chernoble, being too romantic with these women too early may turn them off. No matter how much cards, flowers, gifts and candy a guy sends to a woman, he still needs to win her over with himself. Think about what to do to make yourself an attractive mate to a woman.

Then what should I do to make myself more attractive to them?  I sent those cards partly becuase this is a once a year event in Russia thats their most celebrated holiday so its important and a good reason for me to express myself to them.  I'm not gonna send cards to them everyday.  But Billy what did you do to make yourself so attractive to them when they don't return your email yet and I worry maybe I wrote too much English in the email so they are having a difficult time translating them?  How do you express your feelings simply to them in simple English when they may have laguage difficulties understanding??  :-[

Offline BillyB

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 12:50:10 PM »
  But Billy what did you do to make yourself so attractive to them when they don't return your email yet

I don't put effort into women who don't put effort into me. I was too busy corresponding with other women to worry about those who do not respond.

Chernoble, I suspect you want to be romantic with these women and out do all your competition with gestures of cards and romantic words. Giving your heart to woman you've never met isn't romantic in my opinion. Believe it or not, most women don't like men who are so easy to throw themselves at any woman who'd have them. They want a guy in demand who has options but in the end they chose her over everyone else. Also you need to determine if each and every one of the women you're corresponding with is worth your effort. Some are bitches that will use you and spit you out after they're done. That is what phone calls should be for. You can guage their interest in you and their enthusiasm when you call. Women who are users or not into you will not put much effort into building a relationship thus most likey they will not put much effort into their phone conversations with you. Don't force a relationship if it isn't there. With some women, they may be a good match for you and you'd be able to talk with them for an hour, others will not enjoy their conversation with you so don't waste your time. Rejection is part of life. some guys get rejected more than others for whatever reason. Contact lots of women to work on your social skills.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline chernoble

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 12:56:19 PM »
But Billy even when I do find women interested in me but with not too good English how do you communicate over the phone or email with simple English words?  The language barrier is starting to seriously stump me.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 01:35:33 PM »
But Billy even when I do find women interested in me but with not too good English how do you communicate over the phone or email with simple English words?  The language barrier is starting to seriously stump me.

Most women over there do not speak good Emgish. Some calls you could use and interpreter, other calls you can both struggle trying to understand each other. You'll need to speak slowly and use simple words for her to understand. If a woman is interested in you, she will struggle to try to understand you but the key is that she is trying and wanting to know you. Some woman will giggle when communicating with you. Other women will be bored to death hoping you'll never call again.

One guy who's been PMing me said that his fiancee knew little English but she studied his emails everynight with a dictionary and wrote him back the same way and took English lessons. Dedication and motivation is what you should be looking for in a woman. Even when a woman speaks flawless English, if she's not into you, she won't care to understand anything you say.

Just remember, what you say in your letters and how you look will not attract every woman. But you are the right guy for some women out there so keep looking for a woman who has the hots for you. If you settle for less, you'll probably get less.

Offline chernoble

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »
Thanks thats very useful.  Still its a little difficult for me to believe how women can get "interested" in someone she doesn't know and who only sent her 1 email and I did not really use too many words in the first email to make it easy (just a short paragraph or 2).

I thought women start out ambivalent and then grow interested as she finds out more about you.  Email just always feel too impersonal for me.  I'm used to thinking you got to see them in person to see if you get along and have fun together.

Offline Gator

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 02:19:51 PM »
Cher,
I'm used to thinking you got to see them in person to see if you get along and have fun together.

No one told you otherwise.  Where did you get the idea that a meeting is not important.  It is not important to you because you keep falling in love with photos, but it is essential to her.  And more than one meeting.

No offense intended; however, you are still having trouble understanding some basics.  I enjoy helping someone; however, when he questions your advice, when you have to hold him by the hand, when he has not searched the archives, when he has not even studied the FAQs and 10 commandments…well, not only do I find it frustrating, I foresee problems when he eventually makes it to the FSU.

You are very young and writing even younger RW.  To be honest, I have no idea about how these women think.  Maybe your style will work on a couple of them.  Next comes a trip to meet them.  Writing women at a listing agency such as Bride.ru requires you to arrange everything on your own to meet them, and they may be multiple time zones apart.  Frankly, I do not believe that you have the capability to do that.  Even if you meet a couple, there is no telling how a meeting will conclude.

IMO, you desperately need the help of an agency who will do almost everything for you.  I suggest that you contact the agencies Tver Angels and Kherson Girls and discuss their services.  Maybe Eduard is good for you.  There are other choices.

If you still believe that you want to go on your own and arrange everything, I suggest that you read Kuna’s long trip report from a year ago.  It is a great model for “How To”.

Offline I/O

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »
Interestingly enough, I never had a package go astray, but I did have a couple of letters opened and so forth early on. Laminating the letter envelopes seemed to fix that problem.

I've tended to use express courier (Postal) for anything significant and that can be tracked online at every handling point right through to the posties collecting it for final delivery and then a report that it has actually been delivered. Always the biggest delay in the whole transit was Moscow. Either side of Mocow things move fairly quickly. Fastest was 7 days door to door (Here to there) and the worst was about 9 days.

Anyway, regardless of any of that, I doubt Chernoble needs to sit with baited breath waiting for his replies. 'Tis thinkin' 'tain't gunna happen. :o

Chernoble: A small clue to get you started. Women in Russia, Ukraine and other FSU states are not going to get excited and all gooey between the thighs just because some gushy card has turned up from a westerner. What it will actually achieve is confirm in her thinking (As many Russian women suspect) the internet is decked with wierdos.

I/O

Offline Christian

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
Most women over there do not speak good Emgish. Some calls you could use and interpreter, other calls you can both struggle trying to understand each other. You'll need to speak slowly and use simple words for her to understand. If a woman is interested in you, she will struggle to try to understand you but the key is that she is trying and wanting to know you. Some woman will giggle when communicating with you. Other women will be bored to death hoping you'll never call again.

One guy who's been PMing me said that his fiancee knew little English but she studied his emails everynight with a dictionary and wrote him back the same way and took English lessons. Dedication and motivation is what you should be looking for in a woman. Even when a woman speaks flawless English, if she's not into you, she won't care to understand anything you say.

Just remember, what you say in your letters and how you look will not attract every woman. But you are the right guy for some women out there so keep looking for a woman who has the hots for you. If you settle for less, you'll probably get less.

BillyB,

I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head.  Love is an act of the will.

Thanks for posting.

Christian
Ибо [только] Я знаю намерения, какие имею о вас, говорит Господь, намерения во благо, а не на зло, чтобы дать вам будущность и надежду. 
И воззовете ко Мне, и пойдете и помолитесь Мне, и Я услышу вас; 
и взыщете Меня и найдете, если взыщете Меня всем сердцем вашим.

Offline wxman

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »
Then what should I do to make myself more attractive to them? 

Simple. Jump on a plane as soon as you can and introduce yourself to them. Face to face interaction is really the only way to know if there is an attraction. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline chernoble

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2007, 07:03:27 PM »
Simple. Jump on a plane as soon as you can and introduce yourself to them. Face to face interaction is really the only way to know if there is an attraction. 

But there a couple of issues that need to be resolved before the important Plane Trip.  I have to find out the address the woman gave is real (which is part of the reason I sent the cards), I have to find out the woman is still available, and the most important thing I have to find out if the woman WANTS to meet me and is interested.  Hopefully I can find out when I chat with them after they get the mail.  No reason to waste anyone's time or make a fool of myself.

Plus the girls I'm looking at are all in different cities and time zones so any trip I make is gonna be to only one or maybe two girls in the same city.  A lot of them are too far apart to visit unfortunately.

No offense intended; however, you are still having trouble understanding some basics.  I enjoy helping someone; however, when he questions your advice, when you have to hold him by the hand, when he has not searched the archives, when he has not even studied the FAQs and 10 commandments…well, not only do I find it frustrating, I foresee problems when he eventually makes it to the FSU.

I appreciate your criticism and advice Gator.  I never said I was experienced in this field.  This is completely foreign territory in more ways than one to a beginner like myself and I've already learned a lot from my mistakes and remembered them and will not repeat them in the future.  Maybe I will need help on this.  Thanks

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541568
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1526
Most Online Ever: 12701