It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Stay away from Natalia Poglazova!  (Read 28912 times)

Offline Green Aiden

Stay away from Natalia Poglazova!
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:02:49 AM »
Hi there,
How many of you out there talked to someone who ended up being complete scam?

I met this woman accidentally on one of the dating sites. To be honest I don't remember which one, and can't find her profile anymore. She looked great, amazing conversations. We mostly emailed each other, but she would never let me know or find here on Facebook or call her on skype. She'd say that she didn't use Facebook and couldn't talk on skype or on the phone because her English was not good enough.

Anyway, I said ok. Come and visit me. She got very excited and said she would love to. To bring her to Texas I had to send a letter of invitation and pay for her ticket, which was not a problem. I asked her to email me her passport details. I was a little surprized when she sent me a scan of her passport.

Apparently they have internal passports in Russia (kind of like an internal ID). it's all in Russian, not a word in English.
I don't speak much Russian myself, so I decided to google, to see if I can find some web site which would help me to understand the data. I came across this site simkomat which offered passport ID check. I sent them an email asking if they could help. After sending them that passport scan, they replied to me that the passport was fake. This little google search saved me a lot of money!

I sent Natalia an email, asking her to confirm her information. And never heard back. So, here we go. I still hope to hear from her, but it looks like the whole thing was scam.

Here is a screenshot of the scam passport.

Thank you everyone and be careful. Look after yourself!

A

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Stay away from Natalia Poglazova!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 03:46:39 AM »
What exactly is the scam????

What I do get from this situation is you are naive , uninformed and very green..... pull up a chair and do some reading here.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline lendr

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 03:58:51 AM »
Good afternoon! I am journalist or Russian TV. We are doing reportage about Russian service Simkomat. And as you already had tried it, we would like to take interview by skype. My login albinaminnebaeva. Waiting for your replay.

Offline GregfromGa

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 04:19:37 AM »
I can certainly see why you would like her to come visit you. I'm guessing you would've left for the airport at least 2 hours earlier than need be to pick her up.  A bit of advice, women that look like this don't just get on a plane and come visit some snapperhead in another country. They don't have to. Snapperheads get on planes and go see them. If you would have zero chance with a girl here in your local grocery store, what makes you think she would load up and come see you?  If you are looking for one of these women do a lot of reading here.

Online Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 06:47:15 AM »
Hello and yes, they have the internal IDs that look similar to an international passport. At the same time, as far as I know, it is not possible to buy an international ticket with an internal passport. One cannoe travel abroad with an internal passport.

The service reported that the passport is invalid, not necessarily fake. An ID could be classified as invalid in case it was reported stolen, for example.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »
Lily is correct: she cannot travel on an internal passport.

As to scams, most are not really--they are more likely a misreading of the situation by both sides, as there are vast differences in travel procedures, etc. As others have said, slow down and learn first.

Bottom line: you will travel there first, not the other way around.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »
Green Aiden,

Read RWD's Ten Commandments (written perhaps 10 years ago)             

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=34

Number One says "Never send money to someone you have not met."  Sincere FSUW do not ask for money.  Also, 99.99% will not fly to your country without first having met you. 

Offline Green Aiden

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 06:46:47 PM »
Guys - thank you for your feedback.

lendr - thank you for asking but I don't want any publicity or any embarrassment.

I know I should be more careful. Thank you for the link to the RWD's Ten Commandments link. I'll check it out.

I don't know what's the deal with that passport, but my gut feeling was that something wasn't right. It worried me that there was no english words on that passport either. I don't know why she sent me her (?) internal ID.

So what do you do, how can you tell if the person is genuine? What are the main signs to look out for?

Thanks.

Offline AkMike

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »
The internal passport is like the national ID. It contains all information that's needed. It isn't the international passport that you're thinking of for travel. This is a totally different document!

She won't be able to just get on a plane and leave. She needs to get a visa for the states and if she's never done any international travel there is a very slim slight outside chance that it would be approved. You going there a couple of times would help but that with a trip with a Schengen (Europe) visa would improve the chances.

lordtiberius

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
I love these stories.  Bravo to you for fighting back.  Haters gonna hate . . . you stand up for you.

Offline AkMike

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 09:48:09 PM »
I love these stories.  Bravo to you for fighting back.  Haters gonna hate . . . you stand up for you.

Who's hating and who's fighting as well as who's standing up?  :cluebat:

lordtiberius

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 10:36:49 PM »
Get a life

Offline AkMike

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
LT your posts are making less and less sense..  :rolleyes:

Offline Green Aiden

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 12:06:04 AM »
Lol some of you guys sound like professional daters.
I don't really care what people think. But it's nice to hear about others' experience.

lordtiberius

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 05:45:00 AM »
LT your posts are making less and less sense..  :rolleyes:

Then don't read them.  Get a life . . .

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 06:05:41 AM »
Good on youn Green Aiden for exposing her/him for what they are. Best of luck in your romantic endeavors.
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

Offline jone

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 09:49:39 AM »
Green Aiden,

Get off the pay-per-letter, pay-per-chat sites.  The great majority of women on those sites are only there to get a paycheck.  Use Elena's Models or other subscription sites.  Or use free sites. 

You are too inexperienced to have any traction with a PPL site.

:popcorn:

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 02:04:58 PM »

So what do you do, how can you tell if the person is genuine? What are the main signs to look out for?

Earlier I mentioned the 10 Commandments.

Here is another tool, one for spotting scams.   It was prepared a long time ago, so I would not sweat the details and instead try to get a feeling for the general themes.  Scammers are clever and constantly improvise new ways to deceive men. 

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=37

Read, read, read RWD.  And if you are on a pay-by-letter agency, do not start any new contacts and do try to obtain address or telephone number of your existing contacts. 

BT, here are some free sites: 

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

There are scammers there too.  And the non-response rate to your initial letters could be very high in part because most women do not speak English. 

Also, for your first trip, stay with women who speak English.  My wife's English was weak when we first met, yet we somehow managed to communicate because I had previously gained three years of experience with RW.  While  I knew a little of the Russian language, more importantly my experience imprinted in me a good understanding of the culture and RW mentality.    My wife is strong and we would not have connected if I attempted to meet her during my first trip.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »
I don't really care what people think. But it's nice to hear about others' experience.

I imagine some here might be "professional" daters. But maybe they know more than others.

Over the years we have had members who have been scammed, members who married green card girls [a train wreck for sure], men who are sex tourists, a few who went on tours and some who met women by chance. Some were fixed up and others were on business. It all adds up. And I am afraid some members were ashamed to return with their stories. There are all sorts of women out there - just like everywhere. And all sorts of men too. Just look at the arguments posted on RWD  ;D

Read for a while and then take a flier. At least you will get a vacation out of it and come back with your newly informed views.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »
I imagine some here might be "professional" daters. But maybe they know more than others.

Over the years we have had members who have been scammed, members who married green card girls [a train wreck for sure], men who are sex tourists, a few who went on tours and some who met women by chance. Some were fixed up and others were on business. It all adds up. And I am afraid some members were ashamed to return with their stories. There are all sorts of women out there - just like everywhere. And all sorts of men too. Just look at the arguments posted on RWD  ;D

Read for a while and then take a flier. At least you will get a vacation out of it and come back with your newly informed views.

I suspect you are correct. If the truth be known, few ever return to give us the Paul Harvey version  "the rest of the story". I would also suspect many of those that trot through here start corresponding, most with good intentions then, peter out and die without ever making a trip FWIW

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 06:22:28 PM »
Technically, at this stage, there is not yet a scam.
As other fellows wrote, she cannot go with only an internal passport and without a visa. So she could have sent her passport waiting you to propose to pay her an international passport (not all russians or ukrainians have one). At this moment it could be a scam because :
 1/ she already have one
 2/ she don't have any or an old one and ask really more than what is needed to renew it.

As you seem to know absolutely shit about immigration, visa, cross cultural relationships, Russia, Ukraine, i would tell you to :

1/ stop to contact or go ahead with foreigners girls
2/ start to learn a lot
3/ NEVER NEVER NEVER, and write it on your fridge and on your closets' door, "DON'T propose to a girl to come first or to meet in Dominican", YOU GO FIRST, and it will solve tons of problems.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:24:43 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline lendr

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:17 AM »
Hello! Please help me with a link to Natalya’s Facebook page or to another account of hers. If you communicated with her through some forum, Please send a link to it. I would be grateful, if you help me to find her.
Thank you for the answer!

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 07:22:16 AM »
Dear Lord, if she is a scammer, as you claim, why on God's green earth would you want to be linked to her?

Get a life. Trying to play international detective is silly.

There are real women, but if you are more intent on detecting scams, don't give up the day job.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 07:26:10 AM »
Dear Lord, if she is a scammer, as you claim, why on God's green earth would you want to be linked to her?

Get a life. Trying to play international detective is silly.

There are real women, but if you are more intent on detecting scams, don't give up the day job.
Exactly my thoughts

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 07:32:37 AM »
Lendr, I do not mean to sound harsh, but if you truly want to find an FSU woman, you will turn off the good ones by "checking" them before the relationship has a chance to even get started.

How would you feel if a lady required you to show your passport details online before she would agree to a date?

If you sent money already, consider it to be a "learning tax" and let it go. You are not going to get it back.

If you did not send money, then chill.

There is a lot to learn, and you have come to the right place to learn it. If you will treat this forum like a resource, then you will be far more successful when you travel.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:34:26 AM by mendeleyev »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701