It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Got a ?  (Read 6575 times)

Offline stanb4

Got a ?
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:17:08 PM »
  We recently recieved a letter that states..."Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent residential status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the USA as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status. You must obtain a new alien registration reciept card (I-551). To do so appear in person at the servive center listed below. Bring your passport and 3 photos." This letter was sent to both my wife & daughter.

From the sound of this letter it seems that we have already been approved and that no interview is required. Do you all read this the same way? And since the only way to get to our service center is to fly, do you all feel its necessary for me to be there? My wife feels like I don't have to be from the tone of the letter and she is comfortable flying there with just the 2 of them (she's done it before.) I just don't want her to show up & have them say that they need me there too....what do you all think?

Got a ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 07:55:37 PM »
Aloha Stan! I just went through this over here on the Mainland and all that you have to do is make an appointment (one for each person) and show up with the photos and passports. Your presence is not needed. No interview required or proof of marriage other than what you have already sent. Just show up and wait to be called to the window. It should take (after you wait 1-2 hours for your "scheduled appointment") about ten minutes. Congrats! BTW, remind your wife to pack her runnin' shoes...;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 07:59:00 PM by Rags »

Offline stanb4

Got a ?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:02:57 AM »
  Thanks Rags for confirming what we thought, but its all moot now anyway. In the beginning of January we sent a letter to our service office if we could do this when they came to Maui, as twice a year they set up an office here for a week. Well today we finally heard from them and they scheduled us on 4/11 at a resort just down the street from us. So I guess we'll be having pina coladas by the pool as we wait for our appt. You gotta love the USCIS, Hawaiin style...

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Got a ?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 05:34:10 AM »
Stan,

Yeah, the Hawaiin style is much better than standing in an over crowded building with 100's of sweating Mexicans here!  LOL.  I just really wanted to say hi to you and let you know how happy I am for your success.  I know you got a lot of flack about how you did things in the past and success is the best revenge.

Be careful and check the perminant unconditional green card thouroughly when it arrives!  We received one for Lena and didn't notice that it was another "conditional" green card until we got a notice to renew it again after two years.  Sheese, they cannot seem to get anything right.:shock:

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline stanb4

Got a ?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 10:37:37 AM »
Thanks Ken & we'll defineately check the expiration date when we do get the card. And while I did catch a lot of flack online, we both recieved a lot of support, especially from those who know us here. Its also been the fastest 3 1/2 years of our lives, time goes fast when your having fun...aloha

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1884
Total: 1895

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM