It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: does race matter  (Read 17082 times)

Offline iceman927

does race matter
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:11:32 AM »
i already know that i reduced my chances of success with russian women due to the fact that im black but besides that i know i will make a good husband to a great woman. what are your thoughts on this. 8) :)

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: does race matter
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:19:58 AM »
Since you were a newly-wed only 3 months ago and a widow only 2 months ago and an alcoholic until only about a year ago, maybe you should come back and see us after a suitable period of mourning has passed and your sobriety has a little more time to take root.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »
iceman I think somewhere, and again, only my opinion, but I think somewhere between 6 to 11% of Russian/Ukraine women would have interest in a Blackman for anytype serious relationship.

I would not recommend buying addresses, having agencies arrange meetings or going on any of the large socials. These should all be a great waste of time, money and effort.  Your best bet is to run newspapers ads, lot's of them. Any and all ladies who reply you know should have interest in a blackman.

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 02:01:46 PM »
iceman I think somewhere, and again, only my opinion, but I think somewhere between 6 to 11% of Russian/Ukraine women would have interest in a Blackman for anytype serious relationship.

Jack,  I'm curious as to where you got those numbers.  I'd have guessed maybe one half of 1% of the Russian women under the age of 20 might be in that category.

Offline Mir

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:29:20 PM »
A few years ago I read a story of a black gentelman who met a Russian girl on-line and married her. The girl was very pretty and the man was a successful businessman. He said that when he visited Russia people thought that he was a sports star, apparently from US TV they could only think of Black people as sports men, also I am sure you can be accepted as a pop star.
Also remind them that the maternal grandfather of their greatest literary figure Pushkin was a black Russian nobelman, with Eritrean roots!

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 02:53:02 PM »
jb 11% would be on the high side. I actually feel it is between 7 and 8%.  jb things are changing in the FSU. Not just in Russia, but in Ukraine, in Moldova and the Stans.   Their is still a GREAT amount of prejudice and this is what I am hoping to get across to iceman but I think he has to know this if he has traveled to the FSU.

On the AFA and Anastasia socials you will often see black men.  In Kharkov and a few other cities that have a lot of Universites and you see many foreign students, many of which are black, we are seeing a few more white girls being seen in public with black men.  Many ladies tell me they see them because they are just curious.

Speaking about Kharkov their is one black girl, again a foreign student, and she is very popular with the young white Ukraine boys. I asked some young white students what was up with this and why this black girl seemed so popular and the guys said it was because she was a rareity, she was different and it was one of the reasons many of the young white boys were dating her.  I feel it is also the same reason why some of the white girls are dating black students.

And remember jb, nothing official here, just my opinion. But it still means 92-93% of ALL Russian women have NO interest in Black men, and pretty much the same percentage, although probably 90-91%, feel the same about men from the middle east (Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, etc)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:59:12 PM by Jack »

Offline Sohkay

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 03:43:37 PM »
OK, iceman,

Here you have some facts...honest facts. Are you still willing to go into this? There's no hurry. If you are, the RWD community will guide you in the right direction. If not, then that's totally cool. Maybe let it sit for awhile, finish your tour, get your business in order, recover from your loss, then, hit it with a vengeance. We'll still be here to help.

Wattya' think?

Let it sit for awhile?

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 06:32:26 PM »
I'm in agreement with all that has been written so far.  In all my time in Ukraine I have not seen an interracial couple.  Black men are a rarity and a curiosity more than anything else.  It doesn't mean there might not be some RW that are interested in a relationship, but it would be very difficult to find one, especially from anywhere outside the major cities.  Of course, the more money you have the easier it is, but that's true of just about anywhere.  Unfortunately, due to the small numbers of blacks in the FSU, there's still some prejudice (not to be interpreted as discrimination).

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »
Very sorry to say, but a non-white man likely has almost no chances for a serious relationships.  :(

Casual dating may be possible in large cities, but I have yet to see a woman in Russia who could visualize herself as a wife of an African American man.

Russian men may have some interest in women of color, because men are generally more perceptive to anything that is out of ordinary. But women tend to be attracted to those who look similar to them, to who they used to see in their lives. Russia is a homogenous country in terms of race. There is no racial diversity here.

Pushkin was white, he just had some African features reflecting his ancestry. His great-grandfather was African, so Pushkin had only a 1/8 of African blood.

Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline DKMM

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 10:04:10 PM »
my girl's good friend in school (st petersburg) married a foreign exchange student from west Africa and they now live in France.  Its possible.  But to do this without living there would be very difficult. 

You gotta have money too, so unless you inherited a lot, or won the lottery there is no way a 21 year old ex alcoholic is going to have the financial means to succeed.

Offline Jazzyclassy

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 10:50:49 PM »
dear Iceman

it is not that you will have no chances as many pointed out here

it is just I think you personally do not need this Russian stuff not now and not in the future

cos after your sorrow and your things , I think you need to recover first and to take care of your health and live for yourself as you are very very young plus I think there will be a lot of afro American girls who will gladly  be interested in you:)

I think you do not understand a little bit  the whole thing of this Russian dating and things, you need to be very interested in Russian woman and to do your best in order for your relations to grow into marriage , it involves a lot of emotions, mutual understanding and funds, well basically your life can change cos of this net dating. I personally do not think you are ready for this and it is not what you want really.

That is why I am sure that you will meet lovely nice afro American girl just where you are:)everything will be great, always believe:)

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 11:22:59 PM »
No Offence iceman, but as has been pointed out your chances are slimmer than slim & I really think you have other issues that need closure long befoe you try this route.
I will give you some free advice however & you can take it or leave it. Being black & desiring a white women I would say your best chane of success would be Finland. I just spent 3 days there & some days a couple of months back & there are lots of men & women of color & I was really surprised to see the number of interacial couples. In fact it seemed to me that the black guys had the best looking white women in Finland of which inmy opinion are very few but they had them. I spoke with one young lady, an absolute doll, that was waiting for her husbands train to come in. To my surprise when he arrived he was a young black fellow, very nice guy & we all went for coffee together, nice couple & well matched. He was good looking & she was utterly a head turner.
It seems in Finland the predjudices you will find elswhere are not practiced. Plus the big bonus is they nearly all speak English!
Just some free advice if your deadset on a foreign bride.
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline iceman927

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 06:22:44 AM »
i want to personally thank you all for your advice. i decided to wait until later on in my life to continue with my search. i have some things that i would like to finish. as far as my alcholic past in october it will be two years since i stopped drinking. as for financial issues i own my own record label who just signed a distrubution deal with a major label so i have plenty of financial stability. :)

Offline iceman927

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 06:24:53 AM »
and to the last poster before me no Offence was taken .and thank you for the advice.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 06:27:29 AM »
iceman, if you have a Russian friend, have them sign you up for this Russian personals site: http://www.missingheart.ru

Add a few photos of yourself, etc.

You can message girls at random and a good number will speak English. Most have no interest in dating foreign men so you can ask them questions about your situation and expect honest answers.

Additionally, you can search for Russian women currently living in the US so that you eliminate a lot of the risk that the guys above are cautioning you about. Good luck!

Offline iceman927

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 06:33:21 AM »
thank you i might actually go the russian already living in the us route once i get my life in order. there still a lot i have to do but i working on that day by day. :)

Offline Simoni

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 07:50:39 AM »
thank you i might actually go the russian already living in the us route...

You are smart to follow Groove's advice and try to date RW living in the US.  That makes a lot more sense that investing in the big bucks to go to the FSU.

Offline TheArrow

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 07:59:48 AM »
i already know that i reduced my chances of success with russian women due to the fact that im black but besides that i know i will make a good husband to a great woman. what are your thoughts on this. 8) :)

First of all, hello guys! Have you already forgotten TheArrow, eh? Haven't been here for a long time though. Anyway, I am back.  ;D

iceman927, long time ago I have fought here with some guys defending my race preferences. Do you remember this, guys,?

I prefer black guys - and I am serious. So, Russian woman says - you have chances. Fer sho, brotha.  :)
I am not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions - try walking in my shoes.

Offline macman

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »
Hey Iceman,

I told you it would be a matter of personal preference and I found something very interesting this weekend.  I ordered the book "Wedded Strangers" and have learned quite a bit about the history of AM - RW - RM - AW relationships.  It has a brief discussion about this very topic.  You would be surprised.  If you are still here on the board, I'll try to type an excerpt for you.

Anybody else read this book?

c ya
macman

Offline Simoni

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »
I prefer black guys - and I am serious. So, Russian woman says - you have chances. Fer sho, brotha.  :)

Yep, it appears he does have a chance after all.

Maybe one chance in 10,000....

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 11:40:18 AM »
Arrow, May I ask why?

Offline Serebro

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 06:50:42 AM »
I don't think that race matters if we speak about true feelings.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 12:17:18 PM »
I don't think that race matters if we speak about true feelings.
Iagree but your first post you did not say that & I quote:
I prefer black guys - and I am serious.
Nothing in that statement mentions love. You simply state your preference which is why you were asked by Scott:
Arrow, May I ask why?
Which you did not answer.
I fully understand that if you fall in love with someone often there are certain things you are willing to overlook. I know I did & as much as I love my wife & wouldn't trade her for anything she deffinitly fell outside my criteria that I had made for my future mate. So it isn't hard for me to see a mixed racial couple, I have seen many, & many are my friends & it doesn't bother me in the least, I concern myself more with how they treat & feel about each other, not skin color, nationality or other superficial things.
However I am rambling. Your statment was that you prefer black men, in essence that means you would reject a white man based on skin color & that was why Scott asked Why? I admit I am am curious as to why as well. ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:20:16 PM by Rvrwind »
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline TheArrow

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
Nothing in that statement mentions love. You simply state your preference which is why you were asked by Scott:Which you did not answer.
However I am rambling. Your statment was that you prefer black men, in essence that means you would reject a white man based on skin color & that was why Scott asked Why? I admit I am am curious as to why as well. ;D

I beg your pardon, I can't be online here 24/7, lol. I work 5 days a week.  :)

Well.... Here are my answers.

ScottinCrimea, you asked "Why?". It's kinda rhitorical question, agree? I can ask you the same - why did you marry (or in love with) a woman from FSU? Were American women bad for you?  :) Why one man prefers women with blonde hair, another prefers brunettes..... The list of "Why?" can be very long, right?  :)

Rvrwind, I am not talking about love. I just told 'bout my preferences. Generally, the color of the skin doesn't matter, as Serebro has already mentioned here. But true feelings do not appear by one click. I mean - black or white, everyone has the right to be happy. And everyone looses nothing if he/she does the first step towards to a person with another color of the skin.  :) As my mother says - black and dirty soul is worse than the black color of the skin.

Most of white people like to listen to Jazz, Soul, like to watch movies with Eddy Murphy and etc. But when it comes to interracial relationship - OMG, people show their other faces. "What?! White woman and black man?! It's horrible and blah-blah-blah..." What does it mean - double standards? I was told here, on this forum, once - No one white man will fall in love with or marry you, or have serious relationship with you coz YOU DATED BLACK MAN AND SLEPT WITH HIM. It was said by American, by a citizen of the one of democratic countries. :o

If so - let's blame David Bovie - he is married balck woman. Let's blame Tony Braxton's parents - she has Russian roots, by the way. Let's blame Lennie Kravetz - his grand-grandfather was from from Odessa.  :)

Oops, my post here is too long but I haven't touched such a serious aspect as medical aspect (RH of the blood, natural sanation of the mouth - less of dental problems and etc.).

I hope, you all accept my post without any negative sense. I am not agressive, I just have another point of view.
I am not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions - try walking in my shoes.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 01:56:11 PM »
Most of white people like to listen to Jazz, Soul, like to watch movies with Eddy Murphy and etc. But when it comes to interracial relationship - OMG, people show their other faces. "What?! White woman and black man?! It's horrible and blah-blah-blah..." What does it mean - double standards? I was told here, on this forum, once - No one white man will fall in love with or marry you, or have serious relationship with you coz YOU DATED BLACK MAN AND SLEPT WITH HIM. It was said by American, by a citizen of the one of democratic countries. :o

There are plenty of interracial couples in my city, it's not even worth commenting on. That said, I've met at least one guy looking for a Russian woman who's chief attraction is his belief that he'll never have to worry about her skipping town on him for a black man, so you have a point  :P

I've also met a Russian woman who worked one Summer in Atlanta and before she returned home she got engaged to a local black guy. It was not an easy courtship. She was from Nizhny Novgorod and was afraid to have him visit her there because of the less-than-warm reception he'd receive from friends and family. Every guy wants to visit his girl on her own soil, to meet her family, see her among friends, etc., right? Anyway, last I heard he'd filed K1 papers and she was awaiting her interview. But as you can see, even with two people for whom race is no issue, external factors can make their courtship all the more difficult.

Personally, I wish you and Iceman all the best, but he should be aware that this is an already difficult and perilous process, adding more hurdles only increases his risk.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541329
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701