It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Based on the following definition, is this trip report sex tourism?

Yes
13 (54.2%)
No
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Ladies Only - Sex Tourism Poll  (Read 60931 times)

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Ladies Only - Sex Tourism Poll
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
That one lost me completely. Who is "Scott Huss" and how is this relevant?

- Dan
Oh Dan, you missed some hot topic
see here then
http://heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/NEWS/704280376/-1/Help0530
this is relevanted very east now some people find a lot of excuses for him as well as here I see a lot of excuses of Pike's actings
yes, he has been in Russia with business purpose, he said he made situation clear for women (wonder if those women agreed with this) and a lot of bla bla bla
let's apply for Nobel Prize to this Tripper-reporter for the contribution to the MOB industry
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »
It's rather interesting how the voting thus far on the women's side parallels fairly closely the men's poll in the percentages.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »
Oh Dan, you missed some hot topic
see here then
http://heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/NEWS/704280376/-1/Help0530
this is relevanted very east now some people find a lot of excuses for him as well as here I see a lot of excuses of Pike's actings
yes, he has been in Russia with business purpose, he said he made situation clear for women (wonder if those women agreed with this) and a lot of bla bla bla
let's apply for Nobel Prize to this Tripper-reporter for the contribution to the MOB industry

Kvinna,

Scott Huss apparently killed his Russian wife, Yana. If true - and it appears to be true - there is no dispute of the horrendous nature of the crime and that Scott Huss should pay a high price for that crime.

I do not see ANY relevance to the situation with Pike. It is an apples to oranges comparison.

Nor do you see ANYONE claiming that Pike be nominated for any award - quite the opposite, really.

BUT - there *is* a vigorous debate to gain an UNDERSTANDING of the portion of Pike's activities which may be condemnable - and those which are not. I see here at RWD a group of people seeking to find a balanced view of a situation which illustrates just how little black-and-white there is in certain areas of life - and also, for many, it is the opportunity for them, individually, to crystalize their personal value system insofar as this topic goes.

So as this debate/discussion progresses - we ALL need to be balanced and considered in the positions put forward. Exaggerated or fallacious arguments help no-one.

- Dan

Offline WmGO

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
I thought the Soviet Babushka Xenophobes had
been banned.   >:( >:( ::) ::) :'( :'(

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 02:41:18 PM »
So as this debate/discussion progresses - we ALL need to be balanced and considered in the positions put forward. Exaggerated or fallacious arguments help no-one.
- Dan

ОК. let's see Kuna has written this

My main concern is that it will appear to future members that we as a community endorse such behaviour and that future trips like that will be accepted as the norm.

it was his main point
so do you find a such behaviour and that future trips like that will be accepted as the norm?
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »
Of course rape is reprehensible - and criminal - BUT - the question is: Can a man be a sex tourist if the women are willing (sometimes ANXIOUS) participants ?

I am not supposing the answer - merely posing the question.

- Dan
VWRW, sitting beside me says that she agrees that a man who has sex with willing participants is not a sex tourist. 

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »
VWRW, sitting beside me says that she agrees that a man who has sex with willing participants is not a sex tourist. 
aha?
hence man who has sex without willing participants is not rapist bud sex-tourist?

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2007, 02:45:50 PM »
if I remember my torts, consent obtained by fraud is not consent.
False claims or promises of marriage, etc.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
ОК. let's see Kuna has written this

My main concern is that it will appear to future members that we as a community endorse such behaviour and that future trips like that will be accepted as the norm.

it was his main point
so do you find a such behaviour and that future trips like that will be accepted as the norm?

Kvinna,

You already know the answer to that question - so I suppose it is the rhetoric you seek, but I don't understand why.

Suggest you initiate a separate topic and address the question of definition of a sex tourist. If AD has a clear and succinct definition, please start with presenting that - and we shall see if we concur.

Once there - maybe we can progress the question further.

- Dan

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
Kvinna,

You already know the answer to that question - so I suppose it is the rhetoric you seek, but I don't understand why.

Suggest you initiate a separate topic and address the question of definition of a sex tourist. If AD has a clear and succinct definition, please start with presenting that - and we shall see if we concur.

Once there - maybe we can progress the question further.

- Dan
nope. it is not  rhetorical question, and as it is thread for the women and the women have no consensus about this if Pike is sex-tourist or not, I would like to know if they find his behaviour and trips are accepted as the norm.

btw are you sure that only women vote here
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:06:29 PM by Kvinna »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2007, 03:07:24 PM »
nope. it is not  rhetorical question, and as it is thread for the women and the women have no consensus about this if Pike is sex-tourist or not, I would like to know if they find his behaviour and trips are accepted as the norm.

Kvinna,

What is AD's definition of a "sex tourist"?

- Dan

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2007, 03:08:40 PM »
Kvinna,

What is AD's definition of a "sex tourist"?

- Dan

we are discussing it now for 2 weeks

we have our own fifth column - boys
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:11:26 PM by Kvinna »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »

It seems only logical that there needs to be a consolidated and accepted definition - BEFORE I can address the question.

Please let us know what AD concludes - and we will continue OUR efforts begun here.

- Dan

Offline Mir

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »

This is clearly wrong thinking.
A sex tourist is one who's main reason for travel is sex.
A clear sex tourist is who cannot afford prostitutes in his own country so travels to another where they are cheaper or younger to engage in sex.
Of course all the prostitutes are willing participants (and non is expecting a marriage proposal).
The situation is not as clear cut for a man who travels for other reasons but is quite happy to find women during his travels and have sex with them if it is offered. Strictly by definition a businessman who has travelled from New York to Moscow (or even Chicago) for work and stays a few nights there will not be a sex tourist if he uses a few prostitutes. You can call him other bad names if you want to but not a sex tourist since the purpose of his travel was not sex.
Is Pike a sex tourist? Well we don't have any evidence that his purpose of travel was sex. He says it was business. Some insist that they can read between the lines and know that he is a liar, that he went there to bed as many as he can. However we don't know this and we have to accept what people write here unless there is proof otherwise.
If we do not accept this then any trip report can be interpreted in a different way. Someone will write he is going to visit the grave of his great grandfather and ends up having a party with a few women, then it can be said that he planned to go there to enjoy the women and grandpa was just a smoke screen.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2007, 03:41:47 PM »

we have our own fifth column - boys

Kvinna, without considering Pikes T/R for a moment,

Do you think that men who go on a WMVM trip are sex tourists?

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2007, 03:46:29 PM »
This is clearly wrong thinking.
A sex tourist is one who's main reason for travel is sex.
A clear sex tourist is who cannot afford prostitutes in his own country so travels to another where they are cheaper or younger to engage in sex.
Of course all the prostitutes are willing participants (and non is expecting a marriage proposal).
The situation is not as clear cut for a man who travels for other reasons but is quite happy to find women during his travels and have sex with them if it is offered. Strictly by definition a businessman who has travelled from New York to Moscow (or even Chicago) for work and stays a few nights there will not be a sex tourist if he uses a few prostitutes. You can call him other bad names if you want to but not a sex tourist since the purpose of his travel was not sex.
Is Pike a sex tourist? Well we don't have any evidence that his purpose of travel was sex. He says it was business. Some insist that they can read between the lines and know that he is a liar, that he went there to bed as many as he can. However we don't know this and we have to accept what people write here unless there is proof otherwise.
If we do not accept this then any trip report can be interpreted in a different way. Someone will write he is going to visit the grave of his great grandfather and ends up having a party with a few women, then it can be said that he planned to go there to enjoy the women and grandpa was just a smoke screen.

Do you see where this is headed?

Is a "sex tourist" to be condemned?

Is sex with a prostitute condemnable?

Is premarital sex condemnable?

I foresee a whole range of morality-based questions being raised.

Oh boy!

- Dan

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »
Do you see where this is headed?

Is a "sex tourist" to be condemned?

Is sex with a prostitute condemnable?

Is premarital sex condemnable?

I foresee a whole range of morality-based questions being raised.

Oh boy!

- Dan

Yup, we are headed for a big ole debate. I don't see a problem with it however.

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2007, 05:37:37 PM »

I think this is the answer.  We don't need to get into a debate about premarital sex, use of prostitutes, etc.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007, 08:59:01 PM »

Any proofs of fraud in his TR?
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Gator

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2007, 09:33:03 PM »
Lilly,

You answered the "Is he a sex tourist?" question in a scholarly manner.  Thank you.

Another question.  Assuming that Pike’s age, looks and other physical characteristics meet their requirements, what percentage of RW do you guess would date Pike if he visited their city?  The RW have not read his trip report; however,
-   He has said he is in the city for a month,
-   he has said he is not interested in marriage,
-   the RW realize he is dating many women by the way he schedules his time and limits his availability,
-   and the RW’s intuition tells them that he is dating them mostly for casual sex.

With regard to this question, Pike could be any man of any age.

I realize that this is a wild guess.

Offline Lily

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2007, 09:38:15 PM »
  Assuming that Pike’s age, looks and other physical characteristics meet their requirements, what percentage of RW do you guess would date Pike if he visited their city?  

Excuse me, the percentage of what? 

Offline Gator

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2007, 09:42:06 PM »
Out of 100 Russian women in the 40-45 age range, how many would meet him knowing the facts i stated above.   

Assume these women have listed themselves with a site such as Lucky Lovers.   They are interested in meeting western men and have hopes for marriage.

Offline Lily

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »

I trust the administration made it not possible for men to vote here?

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2007, 09:43:26 PM »
I think Pike is 45 or something that is the critical age when guys are having menopause
period when his head is not working at all , only certain things matter to him at this period of time

I think only very desperate miserable women, who did not have any attention from men for a long time, and of course those other categories of low women would only date him

Normal women after reading this pile of  la la la of his report would run far away from him

I can not judge him as I already told in the other thread , but am sorry I have no respect towards the person who is hiding under the Pike's name

sorry Gator you addressed that to Lily:P

Offline Gator

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2007, 09:45:58 PM »
Based on your description, it sounds as if only 90% of the women would meet him.   :D :D :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701