It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russians creating bad stereotypes in questionaire  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Zeusophobia

Russians creating bad stereotypes in questionaire
« on: December 01, 2007, 01:03:33 AM »
http://www.waytorussia.net/Features/RussianPeople/2004Jan20/index.html

2 Russian women and one man were given similar questionaires. Both of the women said Russian women seeking a foreigner are after money, all of the women said Russians are generally morbid and cynical.

The part that confuses me is all of them said they love Russia, but it is a terrible and depressing place to live.

The only positive thing these women said about themselves is that they are good in bed, which is well and good in my opinion but shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list when looking for a wife.

Please tell me what these people are saying is not true.

I would like to see some women on this site answer the same questions asked in this article if it's not too much trouble. It would also be nice to see some opinions about the people in the above article.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:13:42 AM by Zeusophobia »

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Russians creating bad stereotypes in questionaire
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 04:06:18 AM »
Strange that they did not ask the man the same questions.
About the idea that women who leave do it for money, it is common among those who have no desire to leave the country.
Also you are mixing their words. That life is hard in Russia does not make it a terrible place to live.

Their answers sound representative of normal Russians answering these questions.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 07:15:25 AM »
Zeusophobia,

Those are just the particular opinion of three particular persons.

Russia is a huge country with a large population of different background, attitude, education, experience. You may hear a variety of opinions on the same questions.

For instance, I don't understand how one can love a country. One can love a person  :) or a living creature like an animal. In the country, one may feel better or worse due to certain conditions.

Similarly, I don't understand how one can drink alcohol in order to escape. We drink it in order to savour and enjoy the fine nuances of the taste. If I am tired or would like to escape reality, I 'd just go to sleep  :).

Also, in my opinion, Vadim gives too much significance to Nazis.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »
Zeus,

You can not extrapolate from two women to all RW, unless you are the type who does a 3-hour diesel repair job in 1 hour.

You must draw conclusions carefully, as in these two examples: 

Example 1
The part that confuses me is all of them said they love Russia, but it is a terrible and depressing place to live.

Who said Russia is "terrible and depressing"?  The two women made no such comment, and in fact one said, "There are no bad things".  You have never been to Russia so you can not say it either, unless you are well read and based it on a consensus opinion of many independent, published sources.

Example 2,
The only positive thing these women said about themselves is that they are good in bed

None said exactly that.  When asked, "How good is sex with Russian women?",  one answered, "Don’t know for sure, guess, sex is good."  The other, "Very good, I would say just cool."  That latter answer if taken literally and given the question, suggests that she has had lesbian experiences and found them "very good" and "just cool".

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3353
Most Online Ever: 12701