It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: EU Issues  (Read 78545 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
EU Issues
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2018, 07:42:15 AM »
While I am loath to comment on another countries policies, Brexit affects me personally in a negative way. Nonetheless I believe in both the goals and aspirations of the UK nation.[/size][/font]

Well, then you'll probably know that now the majority do not wish to leave ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
EU Issues
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2018, 08:20:19 AM »

That is what the Remain side have been pushing all along. I really don't see the situation has changed at all though. One poll says one thing and another says the other, so you can choose whichever you wish.

Truth is if we were to stay in the EU we would be facing an imminent housing disaster. We our pretty near to exhausted on housing stock yet the East Europeans would still keep coming. There is no room at the Inn and none in the barn, both are cramped full of people. Essentially people would be living in tents here, there and everywhere. So you see Mobe, your desire to stag in the EU really has no mileage left in it.

The smaller nations of the EU can say what they like. End if the day if the EU want tk do a deal with the UK they will put pressure on them to tow the line. It always happens that way. The big nations to have on board are France, Germany, etc which have a vested interest in doing a deal with the UK.

Deal or No Deal leaving the EU is the only viable option.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2018, 09:14:32 AM »
That is what the Remain side have been pushing all along. I really don't see the situation has changed at all though. One poll says one thing and another says the other, so you can choose whichever you wish.

Trench knows they're ALL showing that, now ;)

Truth is if we were to stay in the EU we would be facing an imminent housing disaster.

;D

The Bank of England must have missed this when putting up interest rates today...  seeing folks with mortgages will be better off and credit harder to obtain

We our pretty near to exhausted on housing stock yet the East Europeans would still keep coming. There is no room at the Inn and none in the barn, both are cramped full of people. Essentially people would be living in tents here, there and everywhere. So you see Mobe, your desire to stag in the EU really has no mileage left in it.

As I'm off, there'll be more space ...

The smaller nations of the EU can say what they like. End if the day if the EU want tk do a deal with the UK they will put pressure on them to tow the line. It always happens that way. The big nations to have on board are France, Germany, etc which have a vested interest in doing a deal with the UK.

They do ? ....    You talk just  like a deluded leaver ... thinking UK PLC is SO important .... when most nations are licking their lips at picking up the biz 'we' are trying to throw away ...

Deal or No Deal leaving the EU is the only viable option.

'We' voted - just- to leave and HOW we leave just isn't NEARLY agreed and for those of us trying to plan .... it's plain daft

One thing is for sure ... there can't be a hard border in Ireland

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2018, 12:37:35 PM »
Mobers I don't care about any business we may be throwing away. I care about my quality of life, if the place is full of East Europeans taking up housing and jobs then it is not good. Who cares about how well business is doing if everyone has to live in a pokey hole of a place to support it. Yes I very much care that a business is making X amount of money while the population including myself arent benefitting from it.

It's basically up to the British Government if they want a hard border in Ireland. If they can get it through government then that it supreme, sod anyone else who says otherwise.

Moby people who voted to leave are not going to change their mind. Remoaners campaignimg against Leave since the referendum have only entrenched them more, so thank you for that :D Do you really think telling someone else there view is wrong and you are right changes their mind? No it hardley ever does. Look at all the arguments and position taking on this forum aside from this thread. If anything it entrenchs people more that they are right.

Your just not going to won this one Mobers, we're leaving one way or another the only question left is how, and it will not be by a Customs Union judging from news reports out so far, a No Deal is very much bring prepared for :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2018, 02:52:53 PM »
Mobers I don't care about any business we may be throwing away. I care about my quality of life, if the place is full of East Europeans taking up housing and jobs then it is not good. Who cares about how well business is doing if everyone has to live in a pokey hole of a place to support it. Yes I very much care that a business is making X amount of money while the population including myself arent benefitting from it.

There's that Trench stubbornness / stupidity...

1/ You should care... coz' the biz will be going elsewhere in the EU

2/ There'll be plenty of homes available when there's no jobs and the economic migrants have gone ;)

It's basically up to the British Government if they want a hard border in Ireland. If they can get it through government then that it supreme, sod anyone else who says otherwise.

THIS govt is held together by a party from N.Ireland that WILL do what it's people want - and that ain't a hard border ....Until brextremists wake up and smell the coffee - UK PLC is a ship without a set course

Moby people who voted to leave are not going to change their mind.

They are.... My Aunt, Uncle and Cousins have seen the light....as have many folk I know that voted leave

we're leaving one way or another the only question left is how,

I just said that.. but like Arnie.."we'll be back"

and it will not be by a Customs Union judging from news reports out so far, a No Deal is very much bring prepared for :)

Only an idiot thinks such an occurrence would be 'beneficial'...Idiots are always the last to learn of their mistakes

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
EU Issues
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »

We can assume democracy is a foreign/alien concept for you?
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline DaveNY

EU Issues
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »

Are you saying that the Brexit vote should be best 2 out of 3?

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2018, 08:25:45 PM »
We can assume democracy is a foreign/alien concept for you?

Haha! Given your inability to understand when you are supporting a 'regime' of lunacy  in another place - that you cannot see any irony in your statement is indicative of your selective blindness to the very word you pay lip service to

The Democratic thing would be to let the people vote on the final agreement - given it is clear that this 'experiment' s going horribly wrong and risks peace in Ireland

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »
I'm saying there should be a vote on the final agreement or if there's not one - a vote on accepting a 'no deal'  scenario...

Now that more people understand that the leave campaign was probably funded by questionable sources and has lied and polls reflect that the population may have changed it's mind - what could be more democratic...  ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2018, 02:09:45 PM »
Any further vote in the matter risks more problems not less. It would threaten to be an endless downward spiral into chaos. If Remoaners had their way for a Customs Union or staying in the EU the Leave side would always say they had been cheated out their chance to leave the EU/Customs Union. Endless arguing would ensue and the situation would get more bitter than even now. UKIP would also make a comeback which the Tories in particular don't want.

That's why it's been made clear by Theresa that there will be no second referendum as any result other than for her deal or no Deal would mean pandemonium. Mobe being an Irish guy that revels in endless argument and conflict (remember the NI troubles - it's in their blood ;) )would quite happily push for something that causes chaos.

Many Remoaners are too thick to realise the implications of what they seek. The genie has been let out of the bottle and trying to recapture it is pure idiocy. Even that idiot Mark Carney is too dense to realise it's not a simple case of push through what Remoaners want, there would be a lot of problems if they ever tried to do that.

To be honest I am coming to think a clean break with the EU may be best. We can then do a deal with the US and elsewhere to fill the gap. Having to bend over backwards fir the mere trifles the EU offer most of which we can negotiate for later seems not worth the hassle.

Offline BdHvA

EU Issues
« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2018, 03:56:25 PM »
Why confuse anything. The vote was a majority to leave.

Leave be it.

Moby please give it a rest.

Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline JayH

EU Issues
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »

Leave be it.

The vote was a misguided aberration based on lack of understanding of the consequences --it will be reversed at some time.
If the current debate(s) had been active before the vote the outcome would have been different.

Remarkably similar situation with the US -- and both with the common factor of Russian intent to disrupt western democracies.The truly amazing thing is how successful they have been.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »
AvHdB is a 'sheeple' and I'm  not 'human'... hence I may give his 'advice' a miss...

By the way, AvHdB thinks one can apply for an 'English' visa, so he is either aware of the break up of the UK which I missed or it is indictative of his observational skills....

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:13:03 PM by msmob »

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »
THIS is an example of why the people need to be allowed to vote on any 'Brexit' deal

HOW can we trust knobs like this to be allowed to 'influence'

Mr Fox you failed in your leadership attempt for good reason - time to take your 30 pieces of silver from Mr Banks mystery   source(s) ..

IDIOTS like you may be  land us JC as PM ... DO please STFU ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45073294
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:05:12 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2018, 01:44:14 AM »
THIS is an example of why the people need to be allowed to vote on any 'Brexit' deal

HOW can we trust knobs like this to be allowed to 'influence'

Mr Fox you failed in your leadership attempt for good reason - time to take your 30 pieces of silver from Mr Banks mystery   source(s) ..

IDIOTS like you may be us JC as PM ... DO please STFU ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45073294

And the mighty wealth of George Soros, where does that lay? It's ridiculous for Remoaners to accuse the Leave side of shady financial backing when they have the same.

Most people on the subject of Brexit, business people too go with what is best for them. If a business is favoured by being in the EU they argue for the EU, if it is favoured by not being in the EU or may get opportunities by not being in the EU the will support leaving the EU.

Same with people as has been explained. If you don't want to spend a quarter of a million to buy a pigeon coop size of a house in the south of the UK then you vote to leave, simple as.

Liam Fox here us just explaining what I have been saying just slightly previous above that the EU are not seemingly wishing to reach a deal so with all the difficulty it is anyway we would be better leaving an reorganisating as we wish.

To end up with an organisation that tries to use the power it has been given to dominate it's member states is not a good thing.

As can be seen also May is doing the tour of the important states, France, Germany, etc that actually have some sway over proceedings and have a vested economic interest in doing a deal - as I also previously said ;)

Once the UK leaves if a deal is not done a beach head then exists for other nations to jump ship :D Who do you think will be next? :)

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2018, 02:14:08 AM »
And the mighty wealth of George Soros, where does that lay? It's ridiculous for Remoaners to accuse the Leave side of shady financial backing when they have the same.

Is the remain side's "where did the money come from" being investigated, Trench ? .......

Most people on the subject of Brexit, business people too go with what is best for them. If a business is favoured by being in the EU they argue for the EU, if it is favoured by not being in the EU or may get opportunities by not being in the EU the will support leaving the EU.

What is too hard for your little brain to understand?   Business owners don't WANT to have loads more 'red tape' and the system works - so why break it ?

Same with people as has been explained. If you don't want to spend a quarter of a million to buy a pigeon coop size of a house in the south of the UK then you vote to leave, simple as.

Another fairy story from 'leave' that you bought .. hook line and sinker ... UK house prices are falling in the SE due to lack of confidence

Liam Fox here us just explaining what I have been saying just slightly previous above that the EU are not seemingly wishing to reach a deal so with all the difficulty it is anyway we would be better leaving an reorganisating as we wish.

Again, you're too daft to understand ...  he's just not realistic ... example : re the Irish border Q : We have had the CTA for 100 years and GFA for 20... His stance suggests it is 'better' to risk all that ? !

As can be seen also May is doing the tour of the important states, France, Germany, etc that actually have some sway over proceedings and have a vested economic interest in doing a deal - as I also previously said ;)

...and the French have told her not to expect too much ... but you don't understand French ...

It only takes 1 EU to veto any deal - So she's going to be busy

Once the UK leaves if a deal is not done a beach head then exists for other nations to jump ship :D Who do you think will be next? :)

When they observe what a mess we're already making - do you REALLY think so ? :))

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2018, 03:24:27 AM »
Is the remain side's "where did the money come from" being investigated, Trench ? .......

What is too hard for your little brain to understand?   Business owners don't WANT to have loads more 'red tape' and the system works - so why break it ?

Another fairy story from 'leave' that you bought .. hook line and sinker ... UK house prices are falling in the SE due to lack of confidence

Again, you're too daft to understand ...  he's just not realistic ... example : re the Irish border Q : We have had the CTA for 100 years and GFA for 20... His stance suggests it is 'better' to risk all that ? !

...and the French have told her not to expect too much ... but you don't understand French ...

It only takes 1 EU to veto any deal - So she's going to be busy

When they observe what a mess we're already making - do you REALLY think so ? :))

Well there was this : http://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/2f91721d-9512-3c2a-9e0f-4453897183c8

And claims a lot of the pro Remain campaign groups broke spending but it looks like pro remain contacts have stopped these from being investigated. Plus the Remain side had all of the government machinery on their side during the referendum - all unaccounted for spending.

The CTA will remain in force, it is an agreement between Ireland and the UK regardless of the EU.

House prices have eased off in the SE as there is no one left with the money to buy. It has nothing to do with confidence.

I've told you before if the big important EU states come on board the rest will agree also. It always happens that way.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2018, 04:07:41 AM »

Leave be it.

Exactly! :)

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2018, 08:19:08 AM »
Well there was this : http://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/2f91721d-9512-3c2a-9e0f-4453897183c8

And claims a lot of the pro Remain campaign groups broke spending but it looks like pro remain contacts have stopped these from being investigated. Plus the Remain side had all of the government machinery on their side during the referendum - all unaccounted for spending.

Er DUH ! The govt is largely pro LEAVE - so much for that 'spin' ...

The CTA will remain in force, it is an agreement between Ireland and the UK regardless of the EU.

So, do tell ..'open border... What's to stop an EU citizen crossing into N.Ireland and onto GB ?  Think N.I will accept 'border controls' within the UK ..... You  truly are a clot of monumental proportions

House prices have eased off in the SE as there is no one left with the money to buy. It has nothing to do with confidence.

How come in other EU nations like Eire prices are rising ?

You post SO stupid ... What's the price of a 3 bed semi in Dundalk ?..The same in Newry, 15mins up the road ....   ?

HALF price .... it's ALL about Brexit insecurity ..and rightly so .. You are just TOO dim to see a fact dangled in front of your nose

I've told you before if the big important EU states come on board the rest will agree also. It always happens that way.

Like I'd listen to an amoeba's 'advice'  / opinion...

Offline BdHvA

EU Issues
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
Quote from: Trenchcoat on Today at 04:24:27 AM

Like I'd listen to an amoeba's 'advice'  / opinion...

:ROFL:  Thanks for making my brunch!

For what it is worth an amoeba on the other side is spelt ameba but in fact I suspect Trench is more an amoeboid.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2018, 02:02:22 AM »
Well it looks like the EU are going to suffer worse than the UK under a No Deal scenario judging from recent reports.

Seeing that Barnier is unwilling to do a deal with the UK in fear of putting the integrity of the Single Market at risk its looking like a No Deal will be the most likely outcome.

It's very possible that the UK could established  European Free Trade Association and subsequently other EU nations could break away from the over bearing nature of the EU and join a much less expensive and purely economic trade association.

Odds are that Ireland is highly likely to hold a referendum on leaving the EU should the economic impact be heavily felt by them. Italy of course is very much on the cards also :)

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2018, 02:45:27 AM »
Well it looks like the EU are going to suffer worse than the UK under a No Deal scenario judging from recent reports.

From who ? The Sun, Mail , Express, Telegraph :))?

You don't trust the Bank of England !...

Seeing that Barnier is unwilling to do a deal with the UK in fear of putting the integrity of the Single Market at risk its looking like a No Deal will be the most likely outcome.

This is a scare tactic by desperate 'leavers' - there won't be a 'no deal' scenario as the DUP won't let that happen

It's very possible that the UK could established  European Free Trade Association

Such as zone exists - Norway and Switzerland - for example are part of it ... they are part of the single market and have NO say in EU rules which they must comply to - to be part of the club

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2018, 03:20:22 AM »
From who ? The Sun, Mail , Express, Telegraph :))?

You don't trust the Bank of England !...

Apparently this is what even the Bank of England say, aka Mark Carney, from a Remoaner no less:

http://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/07/17/eu-worse-uk-no-deal-brexit-amid-big-consequences-warns-carney/amp/

You just keep walking onto them Mobers :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2018, 03:29:16 AM »

This is a scare tactic by desperate 'leavers' - there won't be a 'no deal' scenario as the DUP won't let that happen

Such as zone exists - Norway and Switzerland - for example are part of it ... they are part of the single market and have NO say in EU rules which they must comply to - to be part of the club

A General Election will have to be held to press the 'eject' button on the DUP. Labour are in disarray over the antisemitism debate & Corbyn's leadership, etc. So long as Theresa doesn't make a gaff like like time with the old peeps vote she will likely be returned with a majority.

I mean the UK could set up a European free trade association separate to the EU, far less rules & much cheaper. Have it UK led to avoid it evolving into another EU. I think many nations would be clamouring to get out of the EU in their droves to join it. A good way for the UK to avoid being drawn back into the EU me thinks :)

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2018, 03:50:10 AM »
Labour are in disarray over the antisemitism debate & Corbyn's leadership, etc. So long as Theresa doesn't make a gaff like like time with the old peeps vote she will likely be returned with a majority.

You ARE an idiot about such stuff ... 

1/ Whilst I am no fan of JC and Labour - I hardly think this is affecting them in the polls - probably HELPING them

2/ A loss on crucial 'Brexit' matters would bring about a vote of no confidence and the DUP would be voting like Turkeys for Xmas - if they aided a 'hard border

This is 101 stuff - you just don't HAVE a clue

I mean the UK could set up a European free trade association separate to the EU, far less rules & much cheaper. Have it UK led to avoid it evolving into another EU. I think many nations would be clamouring to get out of the EU in their droves to join it. A good way for the UK to avoid being drawn back into the EU me thinks :)

When you 'think' - must of us realise you haven't ... this is but another example

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541276
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701