It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Posting Pictures of You and Your Lady  (Read 224321 times)

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Posting Pictures of You and Your Lady
« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »
Sure thing - check out my website - http://www.pbase.com/oksana_p/

Wonderful photos. 

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »
Hmmm. Seems you understate your credentials. It appears you are an award winning and much published photographer. A short google of your name confirms this. Superb photos. And congratulations. Are you strictly digital now?
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »
Ooops,

You have impressive talents.  I have seen firsthand a number of the sights you have photographed because my RW wife and I did much traveling for 6 years before marriage.  Somehow your photos make the sights seem even more splendid.

You would have enjoyed Laos.

Offline Ooooops

« Reply #328 on: June 02, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »
Thanks, everybody.   :)   I'm glad that you enjoyed looking at my work.

Yes, I do only digital photography lately - got so tired of lugging bags of film with me, worry that some x-ray machine will ruin them, etc.   Pixels are much easier to deal with.   ;)

Offline lucky_wife

« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2008, 08:32:27 PM »
Us - We are not yet married but are in all paperwork for it ... in 3 months now. 3 last photos were done in studio by the boss of my fiancee (she is working as part time photographer).
great photos :))

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2008, 04:31:39 AM »
Us - We are not yet married but are in all paperwork for it ... in 3 months now. 3 last photos were done in studio by the boss of my fiancee (she is working as part time photographer).

Benoit-- Wonderful pictures!  I'm so happy for you guys.  We started this journey together and even passed through some of the same places, so I'm very pleased to see your plane landing now.  Congrats!

~michelangelo

Offline carlt99

« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2008, 04:37:30 PM »
Hi guys.

First post and very new to the forum. Known my lovely wife five years and a day and married for just over 4 years.

This is us:

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2008, 05:13:56 PM »
carlt99,

Welcome to our little piece of cyberspace! You look like a great couple and I hope you'll find some time to tell us more about yourself and your experiences.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline KenC

« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
carlt99,
Nice way to start off here!  Thanks for sharing and welcome to RWD.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline msmoby_ru

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2008, 12:17:49 AM »
Hi guys.

First post and very new to the forum. Known my lovely wife five years and a day and married for just over 4 years.

Welcome to the forum, Carl... good to see another member form this side of the pond.

When / if you feel comfortable, please tell us the story of how you met and your experiences with UK immigration.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:27:04 AM by msmoby_ru »

Offline 55North

« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2008, 12:48:36 AM »
Welcome indeed.  Especially as you're from the UK.  There are other sites with a preponderance of UK participants, but I've decided that this is THE site for intelligent and meaningful discussion.

There is always the Gallery for posting more photos, especially of the fine quality standard you've set here!

Welcome.

By the way all, my comparative 'silence' of late can be put down to the fact that today celebrates the end of the first week of my wife being here in the UK!

It's a strange feeling coming home from work and not being sure if you're in the right house, as so many things have been changed, most delightfully!  ;D

Nick.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:17:04 AM by 55North »

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2008, 03:15:01 AM »
By the way all, my comparative 'silence' of late can be put down to the fact that today celebrates the end of the first week of my wife being here in the UK!

It's a strange feeling coming home from work and not being sure if you're in the right house, as so many things have been changed, most delightfully!  ;D

Nick.

Nick,

That's fantastic news... congrats!

We'd LOVE to hear about the adjustment you and your lady are going through... hint hint...   ;D

Offline carlt99

« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2008, 10:42:30 AM »
Been busy sorting out the electronic family album and have posted a dozen or so pics into the gallery of the wife, with or without me alongside.

Here's links:

Odessa:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=464

Wedding:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=463

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=462

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=461

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=460

Miscellaneous:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=465

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=466

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=467

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=468

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=469

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=470

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=471

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=472

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=473

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=474

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=475

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=476

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=477

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=478

Offline carlt99

« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »
Thanks all for the welcome.

I’m Carl, 42, and my wife is Irisha, 31, and we live in London, UK. I work in Banking-IT and Irisha has mostly been studying to complete a UK law degree, which she finishes in around a month. We plan to start our family any day now so she can focus on her career from there on. Maybe then I can become a kept man for a while so I can rest after supporting her in this expensive city!

She’s from the Tiraspol, Moldova, and was working in law in the Ukraine when we met. I first contacted her online, through a free social networking site called Faceparty, (a bit like an early Facebook), imagining that such an attractive girl wouldn’t chat to me unless it was a scam. When she did I was almost convinced it was a scam but no-one asked for money and I couldn’t see how! That made me more curious and we continued chatting and less than a year later we were married and living in Winchester, UK!

Of course there’s a lot more to the story, both between conversing and marrying and since marrying too, but since physically meeting we’ve never been anything less than 100% happy and committed. I joined this forum because my usual forum, where I normally post on UK general topics and politics, tend to be massively sceptical or cynical when I mention my Russian wife. I tend not to mention it now, but it’s the biggest and best part of my life and I’d prefer to shout it from the rooftops!

Thanks again and hope I can make some positive contribution, gain from some of the wisdom already here and make new friends in the process.

Good to meet you all

Carl

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
Nice post, Carl, and a warm welcome to RWD...

Here's hoping they'll rebuild Camden Passage
(my favorite part of London)

Vaughn and Elvira

Offline carlt99

« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2008, 12:19:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Carl... good to see another member form this side of the pond.

When / if you feel comfortable, please tell us the story of how you met and your experiences with UK immigration.

Seems so long ago now that we did battle with immigration. Sorry if this is a bit long but I like the story and the happy ending!

Getting a visa was tricky but the pessimist in me expected a lot worse. Although I usually visited Irisha in the Ukraine, her passport is Moldovan. Moldova has no British embassy so we had to travel to Bucharest in Romania. Fortunately Moldovans are allowed free travel to Romania. Unfortunately Romanians and Moldovans dislike each other!

We went for a UK fiancé visa which gave us 6 months to marry or return her home. I DHL’d her a package with printed copies of all our emails, letters, photos from my visits, 6 months of bank statements, mortgage details and sales particulars for my house, 6 months payslips, birth certificates, passport, you name it and I sent it! Didn’t want to give them any excuse to turn her down.

She was apprehensive about travelling as although Moldovans have to go to Romania for a visa, most only speak Russian and no-one in the embassy spoke Russian. I asked Irisha to find a translator to take along but she was still uncomfortable. Impatience kicked in and I booked 2 weeks off work and flew to Odessa aiming to stay as long as it took to bring her home!

From the family home in Tiraspol, we booked return flights from the Moldovan capital, Chisinau, to Bucharest, plus a night in a hotel near the embassy and a translator who was Romanian but spoke English and Russian. First day there we sussed out the location of the embassy as we had to be there for the 7am opening. We arrived at 6.30am next morning to see a queue off into the distance down the street. We joined the end of the queue but by about 8.30am someone passed what was left of the queue saying in English that they weren’t seeing anyone else today, come back tomorrow.

I stopped the guy on the way back and he said they see a maximum of something like 60 cases per day and that people queue through the night to get a good place! We extended the room, changed the return flight and re-booked the interpreter. Next morning we were up at 2am and off to start that queue, or so we thought. There were around 20 or so people and groups already there. Someone who spoke English told us a man had a list of the people and queue places. We went to register our name on the list and then thought about going back to the hotel for a couple of hours of sleep but didn’t wholly trust them not to sell our place to someone else!

I sent Irisha back for a couple of hours and I held our place. It was cold and started to rain a little but it felt great to know we’d be seen that day. Irisha returned, the interpreter arrived and we got into the embassy. The interpreter communicated well with me in English and my wife said her Russian was good too. We got our place number, paid our fees and waited our turn. Irisha was called in for her interview with the interpreter but I was surplus to requirements. They don’t normally see fiancés.

Ten minutes later they were back. Bad news. The interviewer said the interpreters English wasn’t strong enough. I was annoyed at this as she was fine in talking to me and I thought they were looking for excuses. I managed to speak to someone and they said that they had a Romanian-English interpreter on the staff so we could come back for an interview At 2pm, with two translators, and do a three-way Russian-Romanian-English translation! We did that and I was also called in to answer a few quick queries at the end, my boss in the UK was called to verify my role and salary and we were accepted for the visa!

They said they had concerns at Irisha’s lack of English. I asked how that made a difference and didn’t really get a clear reply but I guess they feel that if someone is genuine about starting a new life in England, they would at least learn English to a good level first. Irisha had been studying some time but clearly theEnglish have high standards for spoken English, which is a bit rich given the way we tend to shout broken English at the Spanish each summer and refuse to try a hola!

Anyway, Irisha came home with me to the UK and we married 5 months later. All other consular stuff was done by post, (spouses visa, indefinite leave to remain) until Irisha applied for British Citizenship. She had a test and a little ceremony and came home with her certificate! She now has a full passport so we’re no longer restricted to holidaying in Russia, Turkey and Egypt and no more need for Schengen visas for Europe. We’ve been to Amsterdam and Prague recently and are booked for Thailand in 2 weeks time.

I’m kinda glad I went with Irisha to massage things through, opposed to my original plan of her going alone, as I think she would have gotten at least one refusal on her file and once you have one it’s much more difficult to get a visa after that. Irisha knew of girls with multiple refusals under their belts. We’ve since also had a six month visa for Irisha’s mother to visit us too. A similar process but simpler and we didn’t have to go along. I think we’ve been amazingly lucky. To have found each other, to have our visa at the first attempt and we’ve been lucky in so many other things through the years, big and small. We’d have gotten through one way or another as I can’t imagine I’d ever have given up on being with her.

It the embassies job to refuse as many people entry to the UK as possible. I’d recommend anyone going into the same visa application process to prepare all possible documents, have plenty of cash in the bank, (show you can support her), and in pocket, (lubricate the wheels of the process), be ready to spend as much as it takes, be ready for the first embassy visit to be no more than a trial run, take a good translator and go along yourself for backup. Most of all show that you are loving, open and supportive and I’d be surprised if they refused a visa.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:25:59 PM by carlt99 »

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »
Beautiful story and fantastic photos! The wedding shots are great  :D
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline msmoby_ru

« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2008, 01:55:03 AM »
Seems so long ago now that we did battle with immigration. Sorry if this is a bit long but I like the story and the happy ending!

Thanks for taking the time to post - this is the most stressful time !

Fortunately Moldovans are allowed free travel to Romania.

Does that still apply? I mean since Romania joined the EU..

Seems to us the immigration rules are getting harder and harder and they penalise the honest..

glad it's all finished for you :)

Offline msmoby_ru

« Reply #343 on: June 18, 2008, 01:59:30 AM »
A little message for the member of this site who is searching our photos under "sexy" and "Bikini".. get a life and get your own wife..!

Offline Ooooops

« Reply #344 on: June 18, 2008, 02:09:41 AM »

This is us:

Nice looking couple!   ;)

Offline msmoby_ru

« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2008, 02:12:54 AM »
Nice looking couple!   ;)

Thanks Olga!

Sorry, the photos of me, looking "sexy" in the "bikini" are only visible by my wife and I :D

Offline msmoby_ru

« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2008, 02:03:48 AM »
Thanks Olga!

Sorry, the photos of me, looking "sexy" in the "bikini" are only visible by my wife and I :D

OMG.. you weren't talking about "us" .. but thanks anyway..you'd said it before...  :wallbash:  :-[

Offline Ooooops

« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2008, 03:23:10 AM »
OMG.. you weren't talking about "us" .. but thanks anyway..you'd said it before...  :wallbash:  :-[

I think I did and if I didn't - you make a very nice couple!   ;)

Offline steviej

« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2008, 09:34:43 PM »
Well, I finally broke down and posted a couple pictures of my wife in another thread in response to an egomaniac who keeps saying he only wants the  top 10% of the top 10% , etc ... in the looks department, and he should have it because he's wealthy, handsome, tall, and just plain wonderful in every way. (I don't mean to divert here, sorry).

So anyway, he's a couple pictures of my wife Ulyana to share with this group. I know you folks will appreciate it for what it is. I'm an average guy in looks and financially, good enough, no superstar. And she truly loves me for all the real "manly" qualities I possess inside. I try hard every day to be the man she thinks I am. (Wow, that would make a good country song, wouldn't it?). After 5 years of marriage, things just keep getting better.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 10:44:05 AM by Admin »

Offline KenC

« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
Stevie,
What a beautiful woman!  You lucky dog!
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

+-RWD Stats