It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Booboo

Hello
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:29:36 AM »
Hi, I am not a russian woman but rather an American woman living with a russian man.  I am now immersed in the russian culture and, at times, it is overwhelming. I thought this might be a forum that could help me from time to time, answer questions I have, clear up any misinformation I read about russian men, etc. Am I in the right place??

Thanks!!

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:26:21 AM »
Welcome Booboo. You are one of the very few 'reverse' cases, maybe even the only one here. However that does not make you any less welcome.

There are a number of Russian men here, and a larger number of Russian women. Most of your questions will probably be answered.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 07:30:45 AM »
Hi, I am ....an American woman...I thought this might be a forum that could help me from time to time, answer questions I have, clear up any misinformation.....Am I in the right place??

LOL, welcome Booboo!

Read the archives around here and it won't take you long to understand that *information* about Russian 'wife-abusing' men, especially attitude from those of American 'bride-hunting' men, is on par with their attitude about all American 'men-hating, obese, feminists' women to be in line.

You will soon see how you represent a deer walking into a den of wolves. Do not be afraid however. These wolves are mainly very old, toothless and fat themselves - some are very smelly...and oh boy, are they sensitive about it, too.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 08:17:31 AM »
Am I in the right place??

Welcome to the forum Booboo. I'm not sure you made a booboo yet choosing this forum. Do some reading and tell us about your experiences. After a while you will be able to decide if this is a good place for you pertaining to what you want to learn.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:51:40 AM »
To add a little more to what GQ wrote:

The 'standard story' is that FSUM (Former Soviet Union Men) and WW (Western Women) are 'bad' in many respects.

The 'matches made in heaven' are the 'better men' WM (Western Men) and 'better women' FSUW (Former Soviet Union Women).

This has even been extended to say that WW deserve FSUM, and FSUM deserve WW.

So you and your man are a set of the deserving.   :o

Best to you and your man.   8)

And, by the way, I am not one who claims that WW are bad.
My concern is that there is too high a proportion of overweight WW.
On a percentage basis, there are many more slender FSUW than WW, so that is my reason for seeking out FSUW.

Another, by the way, I am not fat, I have all my teeth, I have all my hair . . . but my Gal and I are going to work outdoors a lot today, so I may be smelly by this evening.  I will either shower or put on a lot of cologne, depending on how tired I am.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:55:52 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:51:11 AM »
Hello Booboo.  Don't listen to the "standard" stories.  I am a WW married to a FSUM.  We have three teens.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541299
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3764
Most Online Ever: 12701