It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dnipro january travel advice  (Read 28991 times)

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Dnipro january travel advice
« on: January 12, 2019, 01:26:20 PM »
Late january flying in with Austrian air lines.  Any advice please.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
Re: Dnipro january travel advice
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »
Many of us wonder . . . WTF is your overall plan !!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 02:46:12 PM »
It is a rather hasty move...have you even left Kiev yet? What are you aiming to achieve?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 03:48:57 PM »
Leaving kiev Sunday 13.  5 days of professional exams and then back to work.  I liked sumy.  I find kiev ok but I must admit I liked walking around sumy.  I'm from London and found kiev a bit too much like central London.  As to dating women I liked krimster s advice to find a country girl.  I really liked the vibe of sumy.  I'm really just indulging my enjoyment of Ukraine.  Having travelled Europe USA Africa Australia I always thought eastern Europe was dull and grey and oh my god have I got a thing for Ukranian women with grey eyes.  Somehow I no longer feel comfortable in the UK.  Ukraine feels more clean and relaxed and the women are so much more friendly.  Had a hair cut and wash for 170 so I gave her 200 so touchy feely.  I notice it between people so much more touching.  I'm thinking of dinipro end of January.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »
I'm just concerned it's more easterly than I've been before

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 04:12:17 PM »
I liked Sumy too, but after a week I was itching to get back to Kharkiv. Probably just a little too small, especially for a 'visit many' sort of trip both in terms of abundance of single women (compared to the city) and the possibility that you may accidentally and possibly awkwardly run into someone you have met before.

I've only been to Kharkiv and Zaporozhye (that far East) and never had a problem. I don't think you'll have any issues regarding safety in Dnipro.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:16:34 PM by lyndontom »

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 04:27:26 PM »
Tom I'm impressed.  Visit many is difficult .  I tried a can you come out tonight ploy on f date tonight.  no chance.  I think an element of pre planning is required.  So yes I have a hot date planned in dinopro

Offline JayH

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 04:40:27 PM »

Not that I am over enthused to help you --but-- Dnipro is further from the Russian border than Sumy-- and about 5/6 = times the size.
I have written previously that life quite close to the frontline in Donetsk is relatively normal for many people -- and that is 200 kms or so east of  Dnipro.
As for Krimster "advice" --mm-- you are taking far too much notice of the idiot Trenchcoat ( I am not yet convinced you are not a figment of his imagination) for you to be taken seriously. Write something semi salacious and some forum members here are all over it like a bad rash- so a  few titillating details will get attention !!
As for K advice on "village" girls -- basically an outdated piece of nonsense . The K is referencing a period over 20 years ago and the "advice" offered is long past it's use by date. It happens to fit with the Trenchcoat idea of some "poor" ( and ignorant) beautiful peasant girl  that can fill all his imaginary dreams of getting a girl on the cheap !
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ____  FULL STOP !
Going to Dnipro in search of a "village" girl  is ridiculously laughable -- Dnipro,Kyiv,Odesa ,Kharkiv -- are all relatively sophisticated big cities .
As it happens -I know Dnipro very well -- and the surrounding areas and cities & towns and was there (again) a few months ago -  and my comments are current.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:42:33 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 05:05:32 PM »
Jayh point taken.  Kiev has a London vibe.  I would say sumy had a county town like oxford vibe.  Different architecture obviously.  But the vibe of the women.  As to trench I'm not him but I'd almost like to meet him face to face.  If I knew how to I'd photo my Ukranian passport stamps to prove my story

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »
As to trench and maybe Lyndon I think we brits have a more down to earth approach to women and no longer put them on pedestals as per the USA and Ausi guys

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 05:25:17 PM »
As to trench and maybe Lyndon I think we brits have a more down to earth approach to women and no longer put them on pedestals as per the USA and Ausi guys

I have never done the pedestal thing with the FSUW or any women.
There used to be quite a bit of that going on here, but haven't noticed much of it the past few years.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 09:33:26 PM »
Because most of those who posted those things are now divorced from their FSU wives.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 09:48:41 PM »
Because most of those who posted those things are now divorced from their FSU wives.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

It is a strange comment from James -given the pedestal he had Sumy "friend" on a week or so ago !

brits have a more down to earth approach to women and no longer put them on pedestals as per the USA and Ausi guys
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 09:49:56 PM »

Good point; I hadn't thought of that.

Actually I don't have good recollection as to who was in the pedestal group, and their current  married/divorced status.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 11:47:06 PM »
Jayh point taken.  Kiev has a London vibe.  I would say sumy had a county town like oxford vibe.  Different architecture obviously.  But the vibe of the women.  As to trench I'm not him but I'd almost like to meet him face to face.  If I knew how to I'd photo my Ukranian passport stamps to prove my story

Whaat?

Comparing Sumy to Oxford, now ?

One of them is a major tourist destination and world famous seat of learning ...

I'm getting seriously worried about your thought processes  ! ;)

James, don't let this be an obsession

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 12:21:03 AM »
Msmob I'm talking about a vibe of the people as in more laid back.  Sumy has a university.  Both towns are populated by people who have and haven't anything to do with the university.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 12:23:11 AM »
Both sumy and oxford have a history and a decline in heavy industry and metal working

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 01:40:04 AM »
Jayh as to pedestals .  I have now dated a belarus and a Ukranian woman who could have been models but has top professional jobs.  Both were for less than a year and o m g was it difficult not to put them on pedestals.  Unfortunately I guess beautiful women have many options.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 06:27:32 AM »

Please, please, please - never compare my mindset or approach to TC. We could not be more polar opposites in our approach to life or women.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:37 AM »

Please, please, please - never compare my mindset or approach to TC. We could not be more polar opposites in our approach to life or women.
Agree. Trench’s approach to women is bordering on abusive. As to his approach to life, he gives fresh meaning to what a Scrooge is.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:27 AM »
John Lyndon msmob trench and James should meet in a bar sometime.  Something the yanks could never do

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »
John Lyndon msmob trench and James should meet in a bar sometime.  Something the yanks could never do

I thought the Magna Carta has already been signed !!

Offline Jumper

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 11:19:11 AM »

It's the same as any FSU city,although leans a bit more modern.

What exactly are your concerns regarding Dnepro?

Flying in , it is a modern airport no issues.
They city downtown is nice, well laid out,  and is one of the largest in Ukraine.its as safe or more so than Kiev in areas you should be.
It's as risky as any major or provincial  FSU city in areas or times of the night that you shouldn't be.
The industrial area is dirty like most  cities.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 11:34:41 AM »

Whoa, I do believe it was you putting fsu women on a pedestal?
:)

My observations in these forums is  brits tend to be whinging poms about women,and relationship issues.
I cant count the number that have come here stating facts about thier relationship that would make any sane man run,yet they'll drag it on a month or years and years.
 Fairly famous at writing songs regarding it.lol

Obviously there are plenty of exceptions to this, but the worst cases I've seen of guys continuing with really funky wacky self destructive  relationships have been brits.
Of course Americans and canadians,  or Europeans do so as well.

Seems you've decided to end the one relationship and move on, that's good from my perspective.
   A relationship is founded in mutual trust, I find it difficult to imagine youd have trusted that situation or person.

Good luck in Dnepro, it's one of the nicer cities in Ukraine.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:38:50 AM by Jumper »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 06:27:10 AM »
Leaving kiev Sunday 13.  5 days of professional exams and then back to work.  I liked sumy.  I find kiev ok but I must admit I liked walking around sumy.  I'm from London and found kiev a bit too much like central London.  As to dating women I liked krimster s advice to find a country girl.  I really liked the vibe of sumy.  I'm really just indulging my enjoyment of Ukraine.  Having travelled Europe USA Africa Australia I always thought eastern Europe was dull and grey and oh my god have I got a thing for Ukranian women with grey eyes.  Somehow I no longer feel comfortable in the UK.  Ukraine feels more clean and relaxed and the women are so much more friendly.  Had a hair cut and wash for 170 so I gave her 200 so touchy feely.  I notice it between people so much more touching.  I'm thinking of dinipro end of January.

My view also, which was why I put up the thread about 'Anyone else dreaming of living in the FSU' etc. Granted having had the views of other posters £500 a month wouldn't be a great standard of living so I would need to get more than that in somehow. Still the draw of having many beautiful and 'friendly' women (unlike the UK) on hand makes it a dream I would never want to escape from, unless of course Russian tanks came rolling in, they don't feature in my dream, lol.

Practically though at this point in time I have family in the UK and need to up my wealth a bit so for me unfortunately it probably wouldn't be the move to make at present.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1880
Total: 1891

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM