It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Short medical doctor in need of advice  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Kabnis30

Short medical doctor in need of advice
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
Dear all,

I am new to these forums, but was hoping to get your advice. I am deeply attracted to women from the FSU; there is something about their personality and overall beauty that I find irresistible. The issue is that I am a short man at 5'5". A bit more about me, I am a surgeon of Chinese descent from the United States of America and just turned 30. I really want to start a family with the right woman, but cannot find any women from the FSU who will give me a chance because of my height. Most of the personals I read state that a suitable man must be at least 5'6 or 5'7 if not something like 5'9 or 5'10. So should I just give up my search for a Russian partner and look elsewhere?

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Short medical doctor in need of advice
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »
There are women who are shorter than 5-5 in FSUW.  Also I think some will accept up to 2 or 3 inches difference.  I am 170cm and was contacted by a woman of 175cm.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 11:06:16 AM »
No, don't give up.
There are thousands of FSUW for whom you will not be too short.

Go here and follow the procedures:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

When you do your screening, put in a height for the women that is less than or equal to your height.  Don't eliminate any woman (when you are sending out your first letter) who indicates they want someone taller than you. 

Many of the women don't give too much deep thought to the blocks they are checking off on these websites and, in some cases, the woman herself isn't even checking off the blocks . . . rather her girlfriend is doing it for her.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »
Welcome Kabnis!

I think response at FSU dating sites will be much better... but will likely not be the 'better' you are looking for.

Considering your profession, I think it would be a great idea to combine a bit of work and pleasure..  Many around here have found partners by visiting or doing business in FSU.  I think that would be an ideal approach, not to mention maybe a tax write off....

Some ideas:

http://nbscience.com/medical-conferences-in-moscow-russia-2012/

http://nbscience.com/oncology-conferences-in-russia/

etc etc... just google your specialty and 'conference' and 'russia' or whatever country floats your boat.

To me it's all about getting an 'in'... a foot in the door.. Just getting there with a purpose other than bride seeking will put you in position to meet plenty of FSU women... that's almost guaranteed. 

Stick around, read a bit and ask any questions you might have.

Good luck!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1962
Total: 1973

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM