It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Iran can no longer be stopped  (Read 6109 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Iran can no longer be stopped
« on: December 03, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »
The former heads of two of the most powerful intelligence agencies in the world, speaking Sunday, Dec. 1, in different parts of the world, were of the same opinion: Iran has reached the point of a nuclear threshold state and can build several nuclear bombs in a matter of weeks.

http://www.debka.com/article/23492/Former-CIA-AMAN-chiefs-Iran-is-a-nuclear-threshold-state-and-can-no-longer-be-stopped
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Iran can no longer be stopped
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:33:59 PM »
DEBKA = crap.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »
History...doomed...repeat.

1996 Clinton Administration North Korea. Same silly agreement.

Fast-forward, NK with nukes and bagged a few economic concessions along the way courtesy of your residing Democrats.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

lordtiberius

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:59:24 PM »
History...doomed...repeat.

1996 Clinton Administration North Korea. Same silly agreement.

Fast-forward, NK with nukes and bagged a few economic concessions along the way courtesy of your residing Democrats.

Question, will Iran use nukes as a form of unprovoked aggression?  Will they start a nuclear war?

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:35 PM »
Question, will Iran use nukes as a form of unprovoked aggression?  Will they start a nuclear war?

I don't think they will....many of these nations want to have deterrents against aggressive invaders/meddlers like us...

now if they ever did, that might give rightful justification to wipe they off the map....like most people, my main concern is if somehow individuals or small terrorists groups get their hands on a nuke and deliver it to us...a group like this is less likely to care about consequences and are apt to do about anything.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »
I hope you're right and I am wrong.   :)

Offline Daveman

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:11:56 PM »
Perhaps, but I'm not convinced they're at the point where they can't be stopped.  I do believe Israel would have blasted them, taking the risk of a conventional confrontation now as opposed to nuclear potential later - as well they should.  Whether Iran would actually act on it's rhetoric/threats is immaterial.  Israel absolutely can't take that chance.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

lordtiberius

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »
Israel's war are very short.  Iran is a large country with a large population - most of which despise the current regime.  Obama fumbled the Green Revolution of 2009 probably on purpose.

May you live in interesting times.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »
The one thing Iranians despise more as their leaders is living ina US dictated society, which is why there has not been a revolution.

Contrary to what they are depicted as, Iranian leaders are no idiots. As for Israel, they are probably at this time more worried about the US backed-forces like the Muslim brotherhood who have vowed to go after the 'Saturday people' as soon as they are in power in Egypt and Syria.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

lordtiberius

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 01:31:49 AM »
You're projecting.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 02:14:30 AM »
The one thing Iranians despise more as their leaders is living ina US dictated society, which is why there has not been a revolution.

Contrary to what they are depicted as, Iranian leaders are no idiots. As for Israel, they are probably at this time more worried about the US backed-forces like the Muslim brotherhood who have vowed to go after the 'Saturday people' as soon as they are in power in Egypt and Syria.

Correct. Iranian citizens are the ones who put the current guys in power. Those who wish to throw off the yoke completely are a small minority. Meanwhile the leadership has an Islamic ally in the US White House.

These days Israel is talking with Russia and wondering whether the US military will step in and cut off the cobra's head in Washington. The cobra however has been replacing older military leaders with younger loyal leaders who don't share the same view of constitutional restraint.

The West is screwed.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Shadow

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 07:07:02 AM »
Correct. Iranian citizens are the ones who put the current guys in power. Those who wish to throw off the yoke completely are a small minority. Meanwhile the leadership has an Islamic ally in the US White House.

These days Israel is talking with Russia and wondering whether the US military will step in and cut off the cobra's head in Washington. The cobra however has been replacing older military leaders with younger loyal leaders who don't share the same view of constitutional restraint.

The West is screwed.
The problem with those statements is that Iran is closer in type of Islam world view to the current regime in Syria as it is to the Palestine.
While Islam tends to turn against the Jewish for being 'conservative' in their adaptation of newer prophets,  it is not as undivided as some try to make people believe.
Where the US tries to cater to some of its NATO allies and protect energy interests, they seem to expect that the "US liberty" will make people behave more like Westerners. Recent history has proven that to be wrong, one has to wonder how many times it has to be repeated to be understood.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 08:34:02 AM »

The West is screwed.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 09:00:54 AM »
Perhaps, but I'm not convinced they're at the point where they can't be stopped.  I do believe Israel would have blasted them, taking the risk of a conventional confrontation now as opposed to nuclear potential later - as well they should.  Whether Iran would actually act on it's rhetoric/threats is immaterial.  Israel absolutely can't take that chance.

IMHO, Israel will not stand by and do nothing as Iran moves to making weapons. They will take it on their own to attack and destroy  Iran's capabilities. Netanyahu has stated as much. This will in all likelihood cause a major shift in allegiances and probably more nuclear threats. I don't feel at all comfortable with Iran having a bomb in this scenario. If there is one country willing and capable of using a bomb or put a bomb in maniacal hands, it is Iran

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 09:22:56 AM »
A) will Iran use nukes as a form of unprovoked aggression?  B) Will they start a nuclear war?
I don't think they will....

A two part question

A)...  Shadow posted
Iranian leaders are no idiots
Agreed, they are quite clever  .. they will not start up anything with nukes.

B) They will at the opportune time, attack [in Israels direction] conventionally [they have oodles of SCUD type rockets.]
That will still be a grevious mistake.

Slumba wrote..
DEBKA = crap.

Explain this.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 09:23:47 AM »

Because the answer to those questions aren't a clear "NO", that is the reason everybody needs to prevent Iran from having nukes. It's not the Iranian government that we need to be worried about, it's the religious fanatics that's in control of the government officials that have the real power. One day on their death bed they may order a nuke launch thinking it's what God intended for them to do and as a reward, get dozens of virgins in heaven. Fanatics are unpredictable. They'll blow themselves up standing next to you and fly airplanes into buildings. Sending a nuke over to Israel will just be another day on the job.

If one doesn't care about the destruction of Israel and Jews, then consider the financial impact on your wallet of a major war in the Middle East.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
IMHO, Israel will not stand by and do nothing as Iran moves to making weapons. They will take it on their own to attack and destroy  Iran's capabilities. Netanyahu has stated as much. This will in all likelihood cause a major shift in allegiances and probably more nuclear threats. I don't feel at all comfortable with Iran having a bomb in this scenario. If there is one country willing and capable of using a bomb or put a bomb in maniacal hands, it is Iran

Psst. You're forgetting North Korea, Pakistan, China, and the list goes on.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »
Nothing to fear.  I am certain Brody will soon assassinate the leader of Iranian Republican Guards who will be replaced by the CIA's man, the Number 5 Iranian recruited by Saul.  We have only two more episodes of Showtime's Homeland to learn the outcome.

I resided in Iran off and on for two years.  Iranian reasoning is not the same as ours.   They are capable of anything.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »

Psst. You're forgetting North Korea, Pakistan, China, and the list goes on.

No I'm not and that's my point

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
A good friend of mine just got back from Tehran, Iran for a month-long visit. He's an Iranian-Canadian living here in SoCal. His Canadian passport made it possible for him (and daughter) to go back 'home' and visit his relatives. Some of his observation...

1. He's happy about the agreement as it gives the less-fortunate Iranians hope. Besides, he said, it's about time the US gave back the money it held back from paying Iran when the embassy take-over happened (7-8 billion$$).
2. Most of the things found in Iran are generally 'Made in China'. Cars are generally by Kia and Hyundai. SUVs are rare and generally discouraged by the govt.
3. 2 classes of people. Poor/Rich.
4. Prostitutes are everywhere.
5. The general population are pro-US. When I ask why I see a different scenario on TV, he gives me a quizzical look as though to say, " Don't be naive. What did you expect to see ?".
6. Iran have a very serious *water* problem more so than 'energy'. After all, he said, Iran have a lot of oil so to believe they need nuclear power for energy is not being truthful.
7. Huge censorship. The govt try to regulate the internet but mainly fails. Hence, the population are acutely aware what's 'out there' than we realize.
8. Israel can't make a serious assault on Iran unless they fire ballistic missiles. The distance is too great for an aerial assault. It's strategically difficult for Israel to attack Iran whereas Iran now has a foothold in Iraq if it wants to attack Israel.
9. He said the new president is a true moderate. Iranians abhor Ahmadinejad.
10. Iran have had to 'import' Lebanese soldiers (Hezbollah) to help quell the previously failed attempt to revolt.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »

Explain this.

DEBKA is 100% unreliable. They are disinfo or something else.  They have made many crazy predictions and "breaking news" stories that were not verifiable at the start and that later turned out to be total fabrications.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »
100%?
Com'n..nothing is 100% unreliable.
Even the devil tells the truth every once in a while just keep us confused.
Perhaps you prefer Al Jazeera?

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 01:36:05 AM »
100%?
Com'n..nothing is 100% unreliable.
Even the devil tells the truth every once in a while just keep us confused.
Perhaps you prefer Al Jazeera?

You can do your own Google search for "debka disinformation" and make up your own mind.

Take this "Breaking News" snippet which is unrelated to this thread:

"French forensic experts rule out Arafat’s death by poisoning
DEBKAfile December 3, 2013, 7:27 PM (GMT+02:00)

The results of analyses have led French forensic experts to conclude that Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat did not die of poisoning. This confirmed an earlier conclusion by a Russian forensic lab. Arafat died in a French hospital in November 2004. A recent inquiry instigated by Arafat’s widow and supported by the Palestinian Authority tried to prove that Israel killed Arafat by polonium poisoning. The Israeli foreign ministry said it was not surprised that the French experts had ruled this out.
"

There are no sources, no people quoted, no explanation.  The story is slanted (note use of word "instigated").

Compare to the NYT story (I don't like the Times in general but...)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/04/world/middleeast/tests-on-arafat-find-no-proof-of-radiation-poisoning.html?_r=0

See the difference?  A slanted story is still disinfo.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
The point of the thread-
Iran has reached the point of a nuclear threshold state and can build several nuclear bombs in a matter of weeks.

Then..Let's hope Iran doesn't throw together a bunch of 'dirty bombs' and demonstrate
their use in the US or allies.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1893
Total: 1904

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM