It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Holiday Plans  (Read 6008 times)

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Holiday Plans
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 11:08:13 AM »
I doubt it as we're at a period in our society where inviting and hosting a terrorist organization like Black Lives Matter into the White House is openly acceptable.

The funny thing is, if the metoo movement is against 'Baby it's cold outside', have they even stopped and listened to the song 'Blurred Lines' ?

~ An aside: It's amazing how young Ricardo (Fantasy Island) Montalban was on that video. Almost didn't recognize him.

It seems many in Canada are also offended by 'Baby It's Cold Outside'. CBC, Rogers Media and Bell Media have all said they'll not be playing the song.

There's probably rap and hip hop stations in Canada perhaps Boethius could start a petition to get them to stop playing music offensive to women? Of course that would probably shut down the stations?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/canadian-radio-stations-baby-it-s-cold-outside-1.4931867

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
I must be missing something.

Just looked at the words to 'Baby It's Cold Outside.'

What is the offense ?

A much more suggestive winter song is:  "Teach Me Tonight."
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »
It's a farce, man! This is akin to idiots who don't even live in Santa Monica complaining to the city about the tradition of displaying the Nativity scene along Palisades Park's Ocean Avenue during Christmas. The city obliged and no longer displays it there and transferred it elsewhere. That used to be displayed since 1953..

Yet, liberal creeps keep talking about freedom of speech, freedom of religion, yada-yada but only if its no one else's but theirs...

http://www.surfsantamonica.com/ssm_site/the_lookout/news/News-2017/December-2017/12_14_2017_Santa_Monica_Nativity_Scenes_on_Display_at_New_Home.html
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2018, 04:13:59 PM »
Well, it almost 'snowed' in the LA basin. 600 VF more and it would have in the upper basin anyway. Oh well...  :P

Anywho...good xmas song from a good sounding group, Human Nature...just to get in the spirit. We'll be hosting our friends this weekend for the x'mas get-together before everyone gets too busy and start to disappear to spend the holidays with their respective families...

I hope this band/song doesn't get banned, too. It does have a woman in a sleeveless red dress tweaking her shoulders and the guys are wooing her while she was 'moving' around.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »
My wife and I go to the Bavarian themed town of Leavenworth, WA at least once a year. Some of the photos I posted here is of us in Leavenworth.

Ate big, , talked lots, watched football and was with 30+ family and friends at my mom's house. Right now my wife, MIL and sister went out to start Black Friday shopping early.
I used to live there 18 years ago, with my ex-wife. That place is a delight in chrismas, I plan on vacationing there with my Russian lady. Never know we might end up running into you.

Offline jone

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 06:00:36 PM »
I always enjoy music videos associated with the Holidays.  Here's one that I found five years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/yatf72s6
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:46:27 PM by AnonMod »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 03:58:04 PM »
Well, as expected, been fairly busy trying to wrap up the year, doing holiday festivities, and showing/rewarding my crew how much they're appreciated for a job well done for the year. As it was last year, this was another epic year for everyone. Back log for next year looks even more promising!!!!

I always enjoy music videos associated with the Holidays.<>

That said...don't mind me getting *jazzed* up for Christmas!

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 02:18:24 PM »
That's it, I'm off till January. I was the last person out of the office today and we're shut down till January. I'll have to do some work from home - reports, answering emails, etc. Same with the department heads. Unless there's an emergency won't have to go in to the office. Christmas bonus this year to the staff was a small bonus check and the office is closed till the new year and everyone is being paid as if it was open.

It really is surprising how many companies in NYC are shut down over Christmas. I know of a number of companies that weren't open this week and won't be till January. Boss is in Turks and Caicos and she doesn't want to be called unless NYC is on fire. Anything less and she's not answering.

Who's off and who's working over the holidays?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »
Out'ta here in an hour! The crew will close later. Our biz doesn't allow the company to shutdown for the holi-holly, but I'm personally out till the 7th. The office is all tidy and nice. Coffee cup flipped over.

I used to work for a Jewish man and he used to take the family to Hawaii for 2 weeks during these times and the company shuts down. That was a different construction principle than what I'm doing now. We're partly publically contracted so public projects keep going. But even the private sector doesn't seem to want to slow down either.

Been a good boy all year this year and sleigh came early, as it has for my crew. It feels so good to repay all of them over and above for jobs well done!!! Get that tingly feeling, you know! Yeah, Trumps' been making a lot of these happen for many! (I thought I'd get that in there!)

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all! Even to Moby, the Grinch  ::)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:26:15 PM by GQBlues »

Offline msmob

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all! Even to Moby, the Grinch  ::)

Thank you, GQB - and the VERY best Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours x 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2018, 09:14:07 PM »
These guys are pretty darn good....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541276
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701