It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455944 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Davo, that's the most 'over the top' optimistic prediction I have seen or heard anywhere !!

Actually its so close as to be considered true.  NZ claims to have done even better.   

From CNN:     

AU  "...on Friday, the entire country reported just 16 new cases, a sharp decline from a peak of 460 new infections on March 28."

NZ  "...on Monday, New Zealand reported just one new case."

It seems AU and NZ implemented stringent, early measures, enabling contact tracing of the relatively small number of infection cases.  In other words, the horse never got out of the barn. NZ stated "....there was only one case since April 1 where authorities were still investigating the source of infection."

Now AU and NZ will ease their mitigation restrictions.  Some observers remain skeptical, expecting outbreaks.  Here's the rub.  The opinion is NZ implemented even harsher measures than AU, and its economy in comparison with AU has suffered more and will recover at a slower pace, falling well short of its former level of tourism.   

http://www.wsj.com/articles/both-new-zealand-and-australia-contained-coronavirus-but-one-is-set-to-pay-a-heavier-price-11588158002

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Tourism from other countries is pretty much gone until an effective vaccine is found anyway.  Countries that have worked hard to bring infection levels to within effective test track and trace levels will not give it up easily.

There is still plenty in Italy I have not seen yet so it will keep me for a while without trouble.

Offline Gator

Tourism from other countries is pretty much gone until an effective vaccine is found anyway. 

Good point, especially if one has to get on an airplane.   In Florida, it will be a long while before Disney parks return to their long lines. 

I am going nuts sheltering about the home.   Getting out in beautiful weather of Springtime in Florida for a short walk in nature or playing golf is saving me.  I can not imagine what it will be like when summer hits. 

We will need to get in the car and go somewhere with cool weather.  I am trying to get the wife to think about it.  I don't have answers for her questions about hotels, restaurants, etc. 

Offline BC

Gator,

Next week over here we'll be quite free to roam town, visit friends and family but still being careful. We can go to other towns within the region for necessities such as work which now will include around 80% of jobs.

At mid-month, other decisions can be made to loosen up further based on our performance.  If we are good boys and girls we'll get more liberties.  If we are bad boys and girls we will get locked down again without affecting neighbouring regions.  At the same time, testing and tracing of remnants will continue until a viable vaccine is available. Next month maybe we can start slowly opening up more, with all jobs opened up and travel to neighbouring regions, etc or get rid of masks. I'll finally be able to get a hair cut in June.  Appointment already made for 2 June with a new app the barbershop uses. In summer we can maybe doff the masks, enjoy our favourite restaurant again, the beach. When good antibody testing is available even more.

We're buying time as best we can until a true and complete solution is available.  Making the best out of a bad situation is in many ways bringing us together.  We're sharing more, waiting in line patiently(In Italy till now an impossible undertaking), thinking more about our families and friends.  We can make bad better and as long as progress is made we can be happy about it taking small, responsible steps.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
dear readers,

even if we continue with strict social distancing,
there's still a significant chance of a major new outbreak this winter.
If it turns out that recovered individuals only have temporary immunity, the virus will probably enter into regular circulation, causing annual outbreaks.
If there are strong seasonal effects on transmission, the wintertime outbreaks may very well be worse than the initial ones.
and truth is beauty, and beauty truth
and on Earth
this is all ya really need to know

meanwhile, dear readers,
The Federal Reserve's balance sheet increased to a record $6.70 trillion this week...
wow!

The central bank's balance sheet as of Wednesday was about $81.75 billion higher than the $6.62 trillion a week earlier, data released by the Fed on Thursday showed.
what a burn rate

In all the Fed's stash of assets is up nearly 60% from just $4.2 trillion in early March, when it slashed interest rates to zero, restarted bond purchases and rolled out an unprecedented range of programs to keep credit flowing and shore up business and household confidence as the outbreak forced a wave of stay-at-home orders across the country, torpedoing economic activity.

It is now the equivalent of more than 31% of the size of the U.S. economy at the end of the first quarter, and will certainly grow larger in the weeks ahead as the Fed keeps piling on assets as the economy shrinks even further.

The U.S. economy contracted at a 4.8% annualized rate in the first quarter on the back of widespread shutdowns of nonessential business aimed at containing the spread of the disease. It may shrink at four times that rate or more in the second quarter with more than 30 million Americans thrown out of work since March 21.

so yeah, deflation and inflation
watch the price rise of food lead to general inflation
means dollar will be greatly devalued against gold, etc
by next year

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:15:27 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
there's still a significant chance of a major new outbreak this winter.

Why do we have to wait for Winter to see a second outbreak? Singapore was the "model" all nations was suppose to follow to stop the virus and the second outbreak they're facing right now in hot, humid weather is much worse than the first.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

Russia still have ambulances in line to unload. Lots of medical personnel getting infected and two dozen hospitals had to get shut down.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/anger-rises-among-russias-doctors-as-coronavirus-hospitals-get-put-on-lockdown/ar-BB13qi9n?ocid=spartanntp

They have refrigerated trucks at hospitals also, but not being used yet.
http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/04/25/ruco-a25.html
http://www.fontanka.ru/2020/05/01/69238090/

Plans being prepared to road block city of St. Petersburg
http://www.fontanka.ru/2020/04/18/69099877/
— Eight refrigerated containers to store the bodies of deceased coronavirus patients have been installed at hospitals in St. Petersburg, the local Fontanka.ru news website reported. The city's health department told Fontanka that the containers aren't being used yet and are a precautionary step in case the number of deaths rises
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:26:06 PM by JohnDearGreen »

Offline BillyB

Eight refrigerated containers to store the bodies of deceased coronavirus patients have been installed at hospitals in St. Petersburg,

That's not bad. NYC had ordered over 50 refrigerated trucks for their outbreak.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
That's not bad. NYC had ordered over 50 refrigerated trucks for their outbreak.

I wondered who put in that big order for Corona's !!!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
Actually its so close as to be considered true.  NZ claims to have done even better.   

From CNN:     

AU  "...on Friday, the entire country reported just 16 new cases, a sharp decline from a peak of 460 new infections on March 28."

NZ  "...on Monday, New Zealand reported just one new case."

It seems AU and NZ implemented stringent, early measures, enabling contact tracing of the relatively small number of infection cases.  In other words, the horse never got out of the barn. NZ stated "....there was only one case since April 1 where authorities were still investigating the source of infection."

Now AU and NZ will ease their mitigation restrictions.  Some observers remain skeptical, expecting outbreaks.  Here's the rub.  The opinion is NZ implemented even harsher measures than AU, and its economy in comparison with AU has suffered more and will recover at a slower pace, falling well short of its former level of tourism.   

http://www.wsj.com/articles/both-new-zealand-and-australia-contained-coronavirus-but-one-is-set-to-pay-a-heavier-price-11588158002

It kind of snuck up on me because I hadn’t been watching the news much lately. I kept hearing about the corona countdown.... We are in day 10 of the countdown (or up) with no new infections and at the one month mark will be declared corona free. Since my last post the active cases have dropped from 14 to 7, so give it another week and my state could be unofficially free of the virus. I think there’s still the risk of a second wave during our cold and flu season, but if we keep our state borders closed and everyone downloads our new Coronavirus app which makes it easy to trace those who’ve potentially had exposure, we might be lucky.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:04:35 PM by Davo »

Offline BillyB

12 yo girl nearly died. She had multiorgan system failure and as a result, had a heart attack. People may not care about the old folks dying but when kids die, it's going to get a lot of people worked up.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/i-died-and-came-back-12-year-old-recovers-from-virus/ar-BB13t8AT?ocid=spartanntp

A damning 5 eyes intelligence dossier leaked believing the virus came from a lab, China covered it up and lied to the world about the behavior of the virus.

http://nypost.com/2020/05/02/intelligence-report-says-china-lied-about-origin-of-coronavirus/

Offline msmob

BillyB

What part of a statement from your very own intelligence service, which suggests your President is LYING about 'evidence', was too hard for you to understand re the Wuhan Bio-labs?

Offline BillyB

BillyB

What part of a statement from your very own intelligence service, which suggests your President is LYING about 'evidence',

None. Quote the intelligence agency in full and you'll find you're wrong again.

Offline msmob

None. Quote the intelligence agency in full and you'll find you're wrong again.

'Indulge' me with your 'English interpretation' that makes you arrive at your 'assertion' , please ..   To me, it was very clear ... a diplomatically phrased, our 'leader' is misleading you, again ..

Expect yet  another senior post to be vacated for daring to differ

Offline Gator

It kind of snuck up on me because I hadn’t been watching the news much lately. I kept hearing about the corona countdown.... We are in day 10 of the countdown (or up) with no new infections and at the one month mark will be declared corona free. Since my last post the active cases have dropped from 14 to 7, so give it another week and my state could be unofficially free of the virus. I think there’s still the risk of a second wave during our cold and flu season, but if we keep our state borders closed and everyone downloads our new Coronavirus app which makes it easy to trace those who’ve potentially had exposure, we might be lucky.

Excellent news.   

I assume your cold and flu season peaks in the winter, which starts soon in the southern hemisphere. 

Offline fathertime

The "cure" will bring down the world. It is much much worse than the virus.

I see here in the US we are up to about 65,000 dead.  I'm curious what that number would have been had absolutely nothing were done.  Perhaps millions.  I'm also curious to see what the number would have been had some precautions been taken with vulnerable groups only.  Perhaps then we would have some number in between...say several hundred thousand. 

I'm seeing people start to protest not being able to work, or go to the beach.  Governor Newsom (In California) soon should just let the chips fall where they may if that is what the people are demanding.  More will be dead I'm sure of that, but so be it, if that is what the people want. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

'Indulge' me with your 'English interpretation' that makes you arrive at your 'assertion' , please ..   To me, it was very clear ... a diplomatically phrased, our 'leader' is misleading you, again ..

Expect yet  another senior post to be vacated for daring to differ

If it was very clear to you, quote the intelligence agency. BC posted a photo of what they said and I read it and it didn't contradict the President. The way the media wrote articles made you believe they contradicted the President. When will you learn not to believe everything you read from the biased media? Never, because you enjoy that kind of reading too much.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
oh Billy...
NY Post is owned by Jared Kushner, it's Fox Lite
it's his personal mouthpiece
propaganda != Truth
unless you're a Republican...
and you repeat the lies endlessly enough
until they are true, blue American lies
believed by masses of dumb phuques

lots of scientific journals available to talk about SARS and Corona...
I'd stay away from Kushner Media, unless you want some Trump Praising stories to make you feel good about voting for him and destroying your country in the process...
my guess is, you probably need that about now

Offline BillyB

Krim, you were so fast to embrace the Steele dossier, I thought you'd be embracing a dossier leaked from the 5 eyes nations saying China lied. Not what you want to hear? Does anybody really need a dossier to tell them China lied about the virus?

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
"Who wants to be in their 40's still single and childless ? "

me, that's who!!!
i'd give anything to be single now!
instead of married with 2 teen daughters whose future just got destroyed
I'd freakin LOVE to go live by myself in the mountains and pan gold out of the Yuba River near Nevada City, CA the rest of my life until I died
but I got them kids and an ole lady man...

Pathetic. Dewd got married to get laid, now wishing he were single again.

Too late bud, you’re on the hook for life.

:ROFL:       :ROFL:        :ROFL:
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Online krimster2

• He/Him
how old are you - 12?
do you know ANYTHING about having MULTIPLE Russian GFs, or even a Russian wife, or raising two daughters with her, now college age...
NO YOU DON'T!!!
GTF out of my face you sad little fascist boot licking BOY...

I'm a freakin GROWN-ASSED MAN
you're obviously too young and inexperienced
to fight someone like me...
I'll be happy to prove it to you if you so wish...
otherwise, stop peddling the Kool-Aid on RWD
most of the people here already drank it anyway

PS
"Does anybody really need a dossier to tell them China lied about the virus?"

Why the f%ck would you expect them to tell the truth in the first place?
tell me once when they did?
so it's irrelevant....

if you had a TV in mid January, you saw people dead in the street in Wuhan on CNN...
this is all the warning the USA needed to shutdown commercial air traffic and require quarantining...
Trump ordered the shutdown from China only AFTER the airlines were voluntarily suspending the flights
but TOO late....

stop blaming China for Trump's failures

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 12:25:28 PM by AnonMod »

Offline msmob

Well, we can see how this virus is affecting conspiracy theory 'fans' ...

They have EVEN more time on their hands to trawl the internet.

Why are serially single ?...

Who can guess  :popcorn:

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Sen. Kamala Harris Is Introducing A Bill To Address The Racial Disparity In Coronavirus Cases
 Harris's bill would establish a task force to gather data and provide recommendations on coronavirus response for people of color who have been disproportionately affected by the disease.
WASHINGTON — Sen. Kamala Harris will introduce, on Monday, legislation to create a task force to address the racial disparity plaguing communities of color amid the coronavirus global pandemic.
The COVID-19 Racial Disparities Task Force Act, which BuzzFeed News received in advance, would require the director of Secretary of Health and Human Services, Alex Azar, to create a panel of health care experts and community leaders to gather data and provide recommendations on the coronavirus response in communities of color who have been disproportionately affected by the disease.
Harris’s proposal comes after BuzzFeed News reported that the coronavirus has killed black Americans at outsize rates throughout the US. Insufficient housing, high-risk jobs, and poor health — all a result of longstanding inequalities — contribute to the disparity, experts say.

In New York City, which has become the epicenter of the global pandemic, black and Hispanic people account for more than 60% of deaths in, according to state data. The disparity also exists in other metropolitan areas, including in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Louisiana.
http://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kadiagoba/kamala-harris-coronavirus-people-of-color-task-force

IOW...More white people than black should be dying?
Shouldn't she be made aware of this.....?
April 25, a viral video showed a gathering of dozens of people in the Northwest Side neighborhood of Galewood at a memorial party for two friends who died of gun violence years ago. The video drew such a level of nationwide vitriol on social media that Mayor Lori Lightfoot blasted the revelers as “foolish and reckless,” and Gov. J.B. Pritzker criticized the partygoers for “putting everyone around you in danger.” (Tribune columnist, Dahleen Glanton, wrote an open letter to the black kids who partied, citing the reality of killing loved ones “without even knowing that you are carrying a weapon.”) Chicago police have subsequently said they cited the homeowner with disorderly conduct Monday.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-life-covid-19-disconnect-black-community-20200429-20200430-rrze5rymzbeobb5z745tdpproe-story.html
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

Sen. Kamala Harris Is Introducing A Bill To Address The Racial Disparity In Coronavirus Cases

We should look into disparity in breast size among all women and introduce legislation to outlaw it.

Perhaps puberty should be legislated to occur at the same age for all persons.

Height would be another item to look at.

Actually potential for a very long list of items to investigate.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

I'm a minority and I've been subject to extreme racism by the virus. Let's vote for Kamal Harris's bill because it'll take some of your money and give it to deserving people like me.

In other news China hid coronavirus' severity to hoard supplies. "While downplaying the severity of the coronavirus, China increased imports and decreased exports of medical supplies. It attempted to cover up doing so by “denying there were export restrictions and obfuscating and delaying provision of its trade data,”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/report-china-hid-coronavirus-severity-to-hoard-supplies/ar-BB13yha5?ocid=spartanntp

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541430
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2032
Total: 2041

+-Recent Posts

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat