It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Gonna be a fun trip  (Read 9490 times)

Offline John of Hesperia

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Gonna be a fun trip
« on: September 06, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
 Everything has been going so well, got a great price from the Turks for the flight;  Booking.com next, found a terrific apartment with a very good price ($183.00 for six nights) and booked it; Hotels for my layovers going and returning in Istanbul. Booked.  All this done in mid-July. 
I'm kind of a poor guy and have to count my pennies, but got a nice $400.00+ check from an old dormant bank account I filed to reclaim a couple years ago.  Ready to start packing my bags for the trip, no problems, no hitches! 

Then, last Friday the I opened this email:  "Good evening!
My name is Irina. I'm an administrator of Dnepr Welcome Apartments you have booked from 11/09/2015 till 18/09/2015.
Unfortunately, since 05/09/2015 this apartment is out of business. We stop our work until the January, 2016.
Could you please cancel your booking of our apartment on Booking.com. We are sorry for these inconveniences and are thankful for your understanding."

What the hell, I thought, then realized that the dates were wrong, I'm booked for the 18th through the 24th.  No problem!

Wrong.

About an hour later, this one: 
"Sorry, the previous letter is not yours!
Good evening John!
My name is Irina. I'm an administrator of Dnepr Welcome Apartments you have booked from 18/09/2015 till 24/09/2015.
Unfortunately, since 05/09/2015 this apartment is out of business. We stop our work until the January, 2016."

Ya know, nearly every letter I ever got was a "Dear John" and a few were really  "Dear Johns", but this is the first time I ever got one from a business that I was a potential customer of!  To put it mildly, just a bit peeved but not panicked, still time to find another crash pad. 

Contacted my lady, but she has not got a clue, she is as new to the dating game as I am. 

Back to booking.com.  With less than two weeks to go, the selection is greatly diminished.  Due to physical limitations, I need a place with an elevator or on the ground floor.  Good effing luck!   Hotels are out, because my lady refuses to pay admission at the desk to visit me, and I don't blame her.  She IS a lady, not a local hooker!

Then, hallelujah, a miracle!  A well rated apartment came open in the city center (Dnepropetrovsk) and I grabbed it!  Good price as well!
Now on pins and needles, hoping for the best, but waiting for the next shoe to drop.....twelve days to go!

What could go wrong?  More to come.

John

Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM