It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New dating search Specification & what I've Learned  (Read 34420 times)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: New dating search Specification & what I've Learned
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2016, 09:07:19 PM »
The girl I met first time said that she could see why men from the US do WMVM, because of cost & time and would not hold it against them for the first visit, but visit one thereafter of course. I find lining up girls through dating sites difficult for the WMVM approach. Only so many girls get back to you, of them only a certain amount be reliable repliers. Some will be weeded out because of red flags, so in the end it is difficult to avoid the visit one or just have a few girls that you haven't sounded out fully/that well. Skype is also something that as I have found is necessary but time consuming and getting a fair few girls lined up and over that hurdle is a challenge in itself. I'm guessing that is why you use a marriage agency, Mordinson, pricey, but depends on whether it delivers I guess. Easier way of doing WMVM perhaps if fully legit, others (DK I think) have suggested paying someone to write for you with the online dating but IDK I think online dating, even the free/monthly sites are quite a mined out resource, easy to use & everyone uses them. Still as Patagonie & ML experience show, the bizarre & random can happen to some. Would you use Mordinson again do you think GC?

Trench, I would actually use Mordinson again because I'm fairly happy with the service and he's very professional and reputable. However, I've sort of "fished out" that pond between my two visits having met 20 of the women that I was most interested in of the 140ish that are available. There is a new lady that I'd absolutely love to meet but I'm not paying the full package price just to meet her however perhaps in the future as time passes and new ladies join I'll be back to using them once again.

Fwiw, I am heavily leaning towards the approach of visiting a "focus" city and writing a bunch of ladies a week before arriving asking them to coffee or tea. This actually worked quite well for me in my home city of Cluj, Romania a few years ago, but as you pointed out.....it's a numbers game and you have to write a lot of initial letters.

Lviv and Tbilisi are two places that I have really been wanting to see so maybe that's next on my FSUW pursuit.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2016, 09:21:19 PM »
No it's not. There's plenty of both and it generally has nothing to do which path they chose. They're just dicks
In this instance you are the holier than thou group apparently attempting a circle jerk with NC and Patie. How does it feel?

Bullshit. Such disasters are plentiful with both groups. I would venture they are pretty much even on the disaster count. There are plenty of horror stories in both groups and neither hold the higher ground. You're a pretentious sort ML. There are many of both that fell flat out of the gate and rebound nicely. Trying to pigeon hole either of them is bullshit too

Disagree. You can't fall on your face if you have very little invested in a woman (WMVM) as opposed to investing weeks or more than likely months in a WOVO scenario.

Honestly fellas. There are other topics that are much more worthy of getting worked up about. This isn't one of them. WMVM works for me and is the approach I'm most comfortable employing. WOVO works best for "Bob". Big 7ucking deal. Who cares? Use what you like and is best for you.

Offline Larry1

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2016, 09:28:21 PM »
Trench, I would actually use Mordinson again because I'm fairly happy with the service and he's very professional and reputable. However, I've sort of "fished out" that pond between my two visits having met 20 of the women that I was most interested in of the 140ish that are available. There is a new lady that I'd absolutely love to meet but I'm not paying the full package price just to meet her however perhaps in the future as time passes and new ladies join I'll be back to using them once again.

Fwiw, I am heavily leaning towards the approach of visiting a "focus" city and writing a bunch of ladies a week before arriving asking them to coffee or tea. This actually worked quite well for me in my home city of Cluj, Romania a few years ago, but as you pointed out.....it's a numbers game and you have to write a lot of initial letters.

Lviv and Tbilisi are two places that I have really been wanting to see so maybe that's next on my FSUW pursuit.

1. Perhaps Mordinson would be willing to come to an arrangement to introduce you to just this one girl at a price much lower than their very large usual fee.

2. Lviv is a beautiful city. But if you're contemplating visiting Tbilisi I would highly recommend that you send a PM to 2tallbill, who tried to salvage a failed WOVO trip there a few years ago.

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2016, 11:11:44 PM »

Don't stop with just Tbilisi, explore the whole country. It's an amazing place. It can be a hunting ground if you're looking for younger (25-30) women. Lviv would be much better in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:17:06 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2016, 12:57:19 AM »
1. Perhaps Mordinson would be willing to come to an arrangement to introduce you to just this one girl at a price much lower than their very large usual fee.

2. Lviv is a beautiful city. But if you're contemplating visiting Tbilisi I would highly recommend that you send a PM to 2tallbill, who tried to salvage a failed WOVO trip there a few years ago.

1/ No Mordinson would not even answer if you want to meet only one girl. I contact him and propose twice the usual meeting fee in Kharkov. I don't remember exactly but i think that i wanted to see three ladies. He never answered me.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2016, 01:17:35 AM »
No it's not. There's plenty of both and it generally has nothing to do which path they chose. They're just dicks
In this instance you are the holier than thou group apparently attempting a circle jerk with NC and Patie. How does it feel?

Bullshit. Such disasters are plentiful with both groups. I would venture they are pretty much even on the disaster count. There are plenty of horror stories in both groups and neither hold the higher ground. You're a pretentious sort ML. There are many of both that fell flat out of the gate and rebound nicely. Trying to pigeon hole either of them is bullshit too

As Billy said don't expect to win the lottery if you buy one ticket.

1/ the VO success is overestimate because most of the men use th VO path. As i have explained they are culturally acquainted to date one and organize their trip accordingly.
So the question is more what is the success rate in VO or in VM for a three years time searching for example?  Of course nobody can answer. But of course i have a personal answer to this question.

2/ A good VM preparation normally don't implicate to spend too much time in writing. If you raise the connection with a lady too high she will expect you to come for a VO. And if you raise too much the connection you start to feel high emotions and expectations for the lady.
As a matter of fact people who are doing a VO are generally not able to rebound and drag their sorrow for weeks or for months.

The last thing, no said here, is that if you are not too much emotionaly involved with all your internet exchanges with FSU ladies you can still meet local women and have good time or marry an american or european one, who knows?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:21:56 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2016, 02:39:32 AM »

Which suggsts one needs to be wary of BillyB's 'advice' and anyone subscribing to it ... :D

Winning the lottery is pure luck ..seeking a partner -  in a well planned campaign - should remove a lot of the 'luck' element

1/ the VO success is overestimate because most of the men use th VO path. As i have explained they are culturally acquainted to date one and organize their trip accordingly.

I have to laugh when we go off on one on this subject....

I admit to stirring the pot - but there is no concrete data for your assertions and your opinions re preferring VO on a cultural basis are ....'amusing' ...I quite get why a person coming from a distance might want to be 'efficient' and see many ladies ... My OPINION is that it is not the optimal way and if any agency suggests you must see more than one lady - drop em

So the question is more what is the success rate in VO or in VM for a three years time searching for example?  Of course nobody can answer. But of course i have a personal answer to this question.

Good - now we can stop posting as if we are right and t'other is 'wrong' ..;)

2/ A good VM preparation normally don't implicate to spend too much time in writing. If you raise the connection with a lady too high she will expect you to come for a VO. And if you raise too much the connection you start to feel high emotions and expectations for the lady.
As a matter of fact people who are doing a VO are generally not able to rebound and drag their sorrow for weeks or for months.

Ooops - you''re 'at it', again ...  I don't even claim to be an amateur psychologist - but I believe you are spouting 'bollox' ... 

Writing forms part of the intro and one should [IMHO] be being interactive [Skye or equiv ] swiftly...Writing is for those with a language barrier

The good news is that the likes of Skype have translation extensions for Russian in beta testing ;)

THIS contributor reads that you shouldn't fall in love with a photo / lady one Skype's with - but one CAN  decide to make her worthy of serious attention.

The last thing, no said here, is that if you are not too much emotionaly involved with all your internet exchanges with FSU ladies you can still meet local women and have good time or marry an american or european one, who knows?

Such 'sound' advice..  But for for most folk - emotions form a vital part of this process  :rolleyes:  This is supposed to be fun

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:23:02 AM by msmobyone »
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2016, 04:43:59 AM »

Lviv is supposed to be nice, European style so culturally easy to deal with and the girls generally good there, away from the 'industry' a bit which was one off my hanf ups with Nikolaev, although Odessa didn't seem quite as bad. Unfortunately no direct flight it appears for Lviv, also Tbilisi no direct flight but looks an interesting choice, would be interesting to see what the girls are like in Georgia.

Found the write many approach, labour intensive, a least a day off work is probably needed and lots of free & pay monthly websites subscribed to get the volume you need, a separate internet account may be handy to deal with all the correspondence. One of the main problems is I think your up against is all the damn keyboard romeos taking up all the girls time who have no intent off actually meeting them. Even if you state your intention to visit I think unless you are actually there the girls put little stock into it. Even if you are there you might have to write a few to get any to come up which for me in Nikolaev felt too dodgy on the hoof because of the Industry, in Odessa if I had the time I would have done I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2016, 05:00:23 AM »
Disagree. You can't fall on your face if you have very little invested in a woman (WMVM) as opposed to investing weeks or more than likely months in a WOVO scenario.

You can disagree if you want but it doesn't make you right. So, you just recently split the sheets with a woman you met at one of the "Lady Mills". Is that why it was so easy to break it off with her and the child because you had so very little invested and thus didn't fall on your face? No need to answer as it's all academic anyway. Many VO types would call that scenario a "fall on your face"

Honestly fellas. There are other topics that are much more worthy of getting worked up about. This isn't one of them. WMVM works for me and is the approach I'm most comfortable employing. WOVO works best for "Bob". Big 7ucking deal. Who cares? Use what you like and is best for you.

If you had read what I wrote you might have understood this is exactly what I was saying except to ML

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2016, 05:06:49 AM »
Lviv is supposed to be nice, European style so culturally easy to deal with and the girls generally good there, away from the 'industry' a bit which was one off my hanf ups with Nikolaev, although Odessa didn't seem quite as bad. Unfortunately no direct flight it appears for Lviv, also Tbilisi no direct flight but looks an interesting choice, would be interesting to see what the girls are like in Georgia.

For God's sake, TC ditch this 'no direct flight' nonsense..it's simply a daft barrier to exclude someone that you might click with ..It's not like Ukraine is so far from us. Lviv is a hop via Munich or similar.

Found the write many approach, labour intensive, a least a day off work is probably needed and lots of free & pay monthly websites subscribed to get the volume you need, a separate internet account may be handy to deal with all the correspondence. One of the main problems is I think your up against is all the damn keyboard romeos taking up all the girls time who have no intent off actually meeting them. Even if you state your intention to visit I think unless you are actually there the girls put little stock into it. Even if you are there you might have to write a few to get any to come up which for me in Nikolaev felt too dodgy on the hoof because of the Industry, in Odessa if I had the time I would have done I think.

TC, I wrote to several ladies, but kept the numbers manageable - One can end up spending too much time on Skype - if there was one I really clicked with I would go.

Indeed - we are all keyboard romeos - until we get on the plane. Many of SC's friends were doubting I'd turn up ...Shows what sort of impression some of our fore-runners have left ;)

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2016, 06:54:39 AM »
Winning the lottery is pure luck ..seeking a partner -  in a well planned campaign - should remove a lot of the 'luck' element

The guy who dates a lot of women, gives himself more options to choose from and a better chance in finding the right woman has a better plan. The guy who chooses one woman needs to rely on luck she's the right gal.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2016, 07:26:17 AM »
The guy who dates a lot of women, gives himself more options to choose from and a better chance in finding the right woman has a better plan. The guy who chooses one woman needs to rely on luck she's the right gal.

Tosh..  The guy who turns up on a VM has probably blown it with someone he'd have liked to meet

In my experience the only luck in my searches was if we were on the same dating site at the same time.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:31:44 AM by msmobyone »

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2016, 07:59:51 AM »
You can disagree if you want but it doesn't make you right. So, you just recently split the sheets with a woman you met at one of the "Lady Mills". Is that why it was so easy to break it off with her and the child because you had so very little invested and thus didn't fall on your face? No need to answer as it's all academic anyway. Many VO types would call that scenario a "fall on your face"

If you had read what I wrote you might have understood this is exactly what I was saying except to ML

I would hardly call a small agency with approximately 140 women a "Lady Mill". Her and I first met on a WMVM trip where I met nine women in total. That was followed by us being exclusive for the next five months with there being two more trips during that timeframe just to see her. 

I would hardly call breaking up with her "easy". Actually, I dreaded doing it (A LOT). I/we had quite a bit invested in the relationship and to know that it was going to hurt her and her child made doing the deed awful. Fortunately, she seems to be understanding of how I felt about us and our future. I'm not sure where you got the impression that it was easy for me to end our relationship. 

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2016, 08:08:15 AM »
Don't stop with just Tbilisi, explore the whole country. It's an amazing place. It can be a hunting ground if you're looking for younger (25-30) women. Lviv would be much better in my opinion.

Yeah, I'd definitely like to get out of Tbilisi and explore the rest of Georgia as well. Why do you say it would be a good place to find 25-30 year olds there in particular?

I imagine Lviv would be better in the sense that much of Georgia's women are very conservative with a heavy influence of Muslim culture. At least that's the impression I have.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2016, 08:12:01 AM »

1. Don't know. Perhaps he'd go for that. It's not the way his business is set up but at this point we're pretty chummy so who knows.

2. I definitely will if I end up going. What about Maxx? Has anyone heard from him on how his relocation to Tbilisi is going? Does he still post here?

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »
I would hardly call a small agency with approximately 140 women a "Lady Mill". Her and I first met on a WMVM trip where I met nine women in total. That was followed by us being exclusive for the next five months with there being two more trips during that timeframe just to see her. 

I would hardly call breaking up with her "easy". Actually, I dreaded doing it (A LOT). I/we had quite a bit invested in the relationship and to know that it was going to hurt her and her child made doing the deed awful. Fortunately, she seems to be understanding of how I felt about us and our future. I'm not sure where you got the impression that it was easy for me to end our relationship.

Most VO guys would call that a face plant. You met 9 women, you spent 5 months and 2 more trips dating one of them then whoops! This ain't the one! Just exactly how again is this method "better" than a VO?

I'm NOT being critical of the VM method. I have no dog in that hunt. Whatever floats your boat but, I am telling you whether you want to believe it or not that it is not better or superior over the VO. It's a preference, nothing more.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2016, 08:37:07 AM »
I imagine Lviv would be better in the sense that much of Georgia's women are very conservative with a heavy influence of Muslim culture. At least that's the impression I have.

Georgians are Orthodox Christians.  In fact, they were Christians before the Slavs were. 

Georgia asked the Tsar for help to ensure their Christian heritage was preserved, due to Ottoman  and Qajar incursions.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2016, 09:03:45 AM »
Tosh..  The guy who turns up on a VM has probably blown it with someone he'd have liked to meet

On the other hand a guy who visits one puts added pressure on himself to make it work with a potential woman who is not a good match. I've had a few women blow me off when asked if I were writing or dating other women and I told the truth but I still have plenty to choose from after they abandon me. The guy who focuses on one woman and gets dumped has to start from scratch all over again.

Very few people marry the first woman they date, usually their high school sweetheart. For those that did, it may have not lasted forever. Got to be lucky and going through life relying on luck isn't smart. Most men envy the playboys out there. They have plenty of women to choose from and when they settle down, it's usually with a woman that most men want. Women like it when a man devotes all of himself to her but she also wants a man that many women want. Most women I've dated have not dumped me after revealing I was dating others at the same time. Many of them actually tried harder to win me over.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2016, 09:17:43 AM »

Georgians are Orthodox Christians.  In fact, they were Christians before the Slavs were. 

Georgia asked the Tsar for help to ensure their Christian heritage was preserved, due to Ottoman  and Qajar incursions.

And upon further research they do indeed seem to be a rather small minority in Georgia. Thank you.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2016, 09:19:54 AM »
The guy who focuses on one woman and gets dumped has to start from scratch all over again.

but she also wants a man that many women want. Most women I've dated have not dumped me after revealing I was dating others at the same time. Many of them actually tried harder to win me over.

+5

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2016, 09:22:53 AM »
Most VO guys would call that a face plant. You met 9 women, you spent 5 months and 2 more trips dating one of them then whoops! This ain't the one! Just exactly how again is this method "better" than a VO?

I'm NOT being critical of the VM method. I have no dog in that hunt. Whatever floats your boat but, I am telling you whether you want to believe it or not that it is not better or superior over the VO. It's a preference, nothing more.

It's different on the front end of the search. Very different. Obviously, everyone's goal is to find "the One" and turn their WMVM or WOVO trips into finding their future wife.
I never said that WMVM is the best approach for everyone nor that it must be utilized by all. I said that it's the best approach for me. To each his own.

I'm starting to notice a pattern with you. One where you need to argue and antagonize at all costs. Chill out.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2016, 10:02:31 AM »
It's different on the front end of the search. Very different. Obviously, everyone's goal is to find "the One" and turn their WMVM or WOVO trips into finding their future wife.
I never said that WMVM is the best approach for everyone nor that it must be utilized by all. I said that it's the best approach for me. To each his own.

I'm starting to notice a pattern with you. One where you need to argue and antagonize at all costs. Chill out.

I really don't give a fat rats ass what you're starting to notice. It was you that jumped into this fray. I've no reason to chill. I'm not riled. I'm stating the truth as I know it. You don't have to agree, I'm not stating it for you  ;D

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2016, 10:13:56 AM »

Expecting to win the lottery is with even a truck load of tickets is a bit over optimistic wouldn't you think Patie? When I first started looking in 05-06 I thought most were going the VM route. To me it still appears to be true. Many guys started on a VM and eventually went VO and found success. I don't know of any that went the other way around. Personally, I wouldn't call 10 trips meeting 100 women and planning the next trip and next 10 women a success 5-10 years later, would you?

Sure there are plenty of guys that went the VO made the trip with high hopes, the relationship went tits up soon after. Some continued on, others by the wayside but, I'll still contend the success rate is about the same. That's based solely on a guess from peeps I know from the boards or personally. Nothing scientific but I would be really surprised if one proved more successful than the other.

IMHO, should one have their wit about them, not get themselves to high or excited over the prospects without realizing the woman is real and just like any other woman they know and treat the VO relationship and trip just as they do any other meeting with a native lady, it has the same possibilities to succeed or fail as any other relationship
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:16:32 AM by Faux Pas »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »

I'm not certain Faux Pas needs to argue or antagonize.  I think he doesn't sugar coat things.  There is a difference.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
Yeah, I'd definitely like to get out of Tbilisi and explore the rest of Georgia as well. Why do you say it would be a good place to find 25-30 year olds there in particular?

I think the younger generation in more western, more liberal and definitely more likely to speak English. Boe is right, Georgia is a VERY Christian country with the exception of a few small areas.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1970
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM