It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?  (Read 34552 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2018, 04:31:18 PM »

Trench,

Didn't you spend a week walking around Lviv alone because you weren't able to get a date? You talk utter rubbish on here about British women because the simple fact is you cannot get one.

You can talk about working on yourself, but like most on here I think you're delusional. How do you plan to pay for dates and any sort of lifestyle on your £500 a month? Like others have said, you've made a point of lining up hundreds of women. What are you really looking for? And if it's what it looks like to everyone here, you'll have to pay for it one way or another.
Be honest with yourself. It's not realistic. By all means give it a go and let us know how it works out!  :deadhorse:

I had two dates while I was in Lviv. I wasn't fully aware of the ins & outs of the visit many method and mistakes were made sInce I had only done visit ones before.

Maxx2 states there is some go in the prospect of living out there on £500 a month. Remember we are talking £'s not $'s here :) It is doable that I am sure, if more money can be garnered then theoretically better thd situation. Can all depend on how you go about it. With some savings behind me I can all back on the £500 may well do to cover most of the outgoings. I now locals may get this or that cheaper but I still think considering some will get a lots less than £500 a month that it's enough for a foreigner to manage on. If I go on a website and go for a tourist flat in the city centre aimed at foreigners then of course it will cost more. It's all about getting onto a good deal. Remember IF I get a girl in Minsk or wherever she can then sort out a better deal for me/us ;) Other ways can no doubt be used as well so long as you can be sure that the person can be trusted. I'm sure many a Belarusian girl would find £500 a month quite a sizeable income  particularly as in independent income.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online northkape

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2018, 06:56:18 PM »
Being sort of a cheapskate on steroids,,,,,
I could easily live anywhere in Ukraine for much less than £500 a month, or even $500 a month,
And have all the money I would ever need for dating.
If my priorities was to search for a woman only.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2019, 03:20:38 AM »
Being sort of a cheapskate on steroids,,,,,
I could easily live anywhere in Ukraine for much less than £500 a month, or even $500 a month,
And have all the money I would ever need for dating.
If my priorities was to search for a woman only.
£500 isn’t going to go far if dating regularly over a month.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2019, 04:00:51 AM »
I actually like trenches spirit at least he tries compared with the pay to chat pay to date pay to fail guys.  He reminds me a lot of myself straight out of a 24 year marriage / relationship.  He does not realise he should not try to improve himself but be who he is .  Figure out what his u s p are and go find a girl who needs these u s p .  Trying to date young Russian speaking women the locals guys will trump him every time and he will be used for a lot of free dinners.  Dating And living with a woman from the fsu is so different from a UK woman it's completely different societies.  So he can fix up his house so pack his tools and take them to belarus and fix up his honeys apartment the payback in the f s u is 100 times better ))))

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2019, 06:14:43 AM »
£500 isn’t going to go far if dating regularly over a month.

Ah, yes the dating costs would likely be more and  I would likely have to dip into my savings for this and that. Some can date pretty cheaply but I think I would have moderate costs there that the £500 would probably not fully cover. I think Northkape is right that £500 a month is doable for general living costs, handled right.

Over time of course I would hope to settle down with a FSW in such a scenario and of course cost savings can likely be made. So it would go from less dating to more everyday living which I think is good in getting to a better depth of understanding on each other.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »
There has been a lot of posts about how much it would cost if you lived there, etc.

Here's my experience from the last month and a half:

City:  Kharkiv

Rent:  $1000/month.  This is for a last-minute short term arrangement for a nice 1 bedroom (2 room) apartment less than 1 km from the center.  (Nauky Ave, 8, next to the Medical University).  With advanced notice and longer term, there are about 5 or 6 similar apartments nearby at $450-600/month. 

Food, dining out:  $20-60 for two, depending on how many courses and drinks.  Drinks are definitely cheaper than at restaurants in the States.

Food, groceries:  $50 to $215 per week, for two.   Wide range due to the holidays.  Cheapest beer (that I liked) was at Metro, 19 UAH ($0.68) for 1 liter.  Stella is a little less than $1 per 0.33 liter, other EU beers about $1- $2 per 0.33 liter.  Most expensive seems to be Guiness.  Bread is less than $1 per loaf, milk about $1 per liter (for fresh, cheaper for long shelf life milk), wine and alcohol about $4 for cheap Ukrainian wine to over $300 for Johnie Walker Blue (0.75 liter).  Made prime rib roast for New Year, 435 UAH for 3.4 kg, 6 bone roast.  Vegetables are about 1/2 the cost of the cheapest US grocery stores - tomatoes were 64 UAH per kilo (was told that is expensive, due to winter).  Water is 12.5 UAH for 1.5 liters of Morshinska, cheaper when getting the 6 liter bottles.  There is a purified water filling machine outside this building, at 1.12 UAH per liter.  Have not shopped in markets, only at Rost, Klass, Silpo and Metro.

Transportation:  Metro is 5 UAH.  Uber is 112 to 395 UAH (had to go to the city limits to the East once, at morning rush hour, to take nephews to soccer - car was snowed in.  Return trip was only 195 UAH for the same distance).  Petrol is 29 UAH/liter for 95, with a 2 UAH drop in the past two weeks.

Coffee:  Wifey-to-be always stops at WOG when we are out, for XXL size cafe late, at 33 UAH (cheapest - was as high as 38 near Kramatorsk).  She also buys the instant Jacobs coffee tube packets for about 3.5 UAH each to make at home.

Mobile:  115 UAH for 4 weeks of 4G unlimited data plan on Vodaphone.

My monthly expense without rent is over $1000.  Subtracting nice dinners out, then it's about $800.

Wifey-to-be owns and runs a retail store, and makes about 50,000 UAH per month on average.  Her income is above average here, but her friends who have normal jobs still earn about 25,000 UAH per month (in Kharkiv). 

At the current exchange rate, 500 GPB is 17,000 UAH.  Average to below average monthly income for here.  If the goal is to just live here, then yes, it is doable.  If the goal is to move here and be a player...no, not even close.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2019, 09:36:29 AM »
I actually like trenches spirit at least he tries compared with the pay to chat pay to date pay to fail guys.  He reminds me a lot of myself straight out of a 24 year marriage / relationship.  He does not realise he should not try to improve himself but be who he is .  Figure out what his u s p are and go find a girl who needs these u s p .  Trying to date young Russian speaking women the locals guys will trump him every time and he will be used for a lot of free dinners.  Dating And living with a woman from the fsu is so different from a UK woman it's completely different societies.  So he can fix up his house so pack his tools and take them to belarus and fix up his honeys apartment the payback in the f s u is 100 times better ))))

Well I guess I am looking to make any improvements to myself part of who I am. I know what you mean that essentially the girl will either be into you or not. That's true but in the UK a girl can be into several guys and it's the girl that does the choosing. This is not a choice position to be in as it then gets down to who is the best on terms of this or that. If I were ever to take a girl back to the UK apart from a headstart with the girl and a few advantages the same situation essentially still applies depending on if/when she realises it.

In the FSU there tends to be less competition around, plus I tend to be the best guy because I beat the competition in terms of wealth, passport/opportunity, ability to provide, less vices & problems, etc. I beat guys who the girl may find chemistry with but they are unemployed, drunks, drug addicts, gamblers, poor health, mentally unstable, etc, etc. They may not all be low lives but they may be in low level jobs, poor accomodation, unambitious, personality issues, etc. So in that case they tend to lose out to me :) Now of course if I was athletic (I'm average build not fat though) very wealthy guy with good social skills I would come top of the tree for dating girls in the UK. Some stuff I can improve on some not so. If a guy doesn't have a great dating history then I accept there is normally a reason why, it may not be a lot in a country such as the UK where there is a lot of competition from other guys but it's something to look at I think. Even in the far less fussy FSU doing so can help make dating easier & more successful I think.

I think a lot of WM fall into that category. I'm probably not too bad as girls do at least look at me in the west. Some WM few western girls will look. Some guys are too unappealing physically, socially, economically, too lacking in status, etc, etc. The other category of WM looking for FSW tend to be those that have been in long term often family relationships in the west and so are at least usually somewhat proven to pass the bar. If they have previously passed the bar for western girls mist will almost certainly pass the bar for FSW.

The DIY is a good idea James, I'll try to get thatin my profile I think, many thanks to you on that thought :) Again though in the west at present for most girls a guy who is good at DIY may be seen as a negative - not the right image they want of a man, they want someone who can pay others to do the job. Think I've put that down on Match profiles in the passed and don't think it was a winner, lol.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2019, 09:50:52 AM »
There has been a lot of posts about how much it would cost if you lived there, etc.

Rent:  $1000/month.  This is for a last-minute short term arrangement for a nice 1 bedroom (2 room) apartment less than 1 km from the center.  (Nauky Ave, 8, next to the Medical University).  With advanced notice and longer term, there are about 5 or 6 similar apartments nearby at $450-600/month. 

Food, dining out:  $20-60 for two, depending on how many courses and drinks.  Drinks are definitely cheaper than at restaurants in the States.

Food, groceries:  $50 to $215 per week, for two.   Wide range due to the holidays.  Cheapest beer (that I liked) was at Metro, 19 UAH ($0.68) for 1 liter.  Stella is a little less than $1 per 0.33 liter, other EU beers about $1- $2 per 0.33 liter.  Most expensive seems to be Guiness.  Bread is less than $1 per loaf, milk about $1 per liter (for fresh, cheaper for long shelf life milk), wine and alcohol about $4 for cheap Ukrainian wine to over $300 for Johnie Walker Blue (0.75 liter).  Made prime rib roast for New Year, 435 UAH for 3.4 kg, 6 bone roast.  Vegetables are about 1/2 the cost of the cheapest US grocery stores - tomatoes were 64 UAH per kilo (was told that is expensive, due to winter).  Water is 12.5 UAH for 1.5 liters of Morshinska, cheaper when getting the 6 liter bottles.  There is a purified water filling machine outside this building, at 1.12 UAH per liter.  Have not shopped in markets, only at Rost, Klass, Silpo and Metro.

Transportation:  Metro is 5 UAH.  Uber is 112 to 395 UAH (had to go to the city limits to the East once, at morning rush hour, to take nephews to soccer - car was snowed in.  Return trip was only 195 UAH for the same distance).  Petrol is 29 UAH/liter for 95, with a 2 UAH drop in the past two weeks.

Coffee:  Wifey-to-be always stops at WOG when we are out, for XXL size cafe late, at 33 UAH (cheapest - was as high as 38 near Kramatorsk).  She also buys the instant Jacobs coffee tube packets for about 3.5 UAH each to make at home.

Mobile:  115 UAH for 4 weeks of 4G unlimited data plan on Vodaphone.

My monthly expense without rent is over $1000.  Subtracting nice dinners out, then it's about $800.

Wifey-to-be owns and runs a retail store, and makes about 50,000 UAH per month on average.  Her income is above average here, but her friends who have normal jobs still earn about 25,000 UAH per month (in Kharkiv). 

At the current exchange rate, 500 GPB is 17,000 UAH.  Average to below average monthly income for here.  If the goal is to just live here, then yes, it is doable.  If the goal is to move here and be a player...no, not even close.

Inflation can be an issue in Ukraine as it makes it difficult to keep track. When I was there nearly three years ago now eating out in restaurants was ridiculously cheap. It was like £4 for a meal with a drink each. That was in a bog standard restaurants, not real basic nicely done our enough. A year later with another girl the resyaurants seemed a lot more. I know they were experiencin a lot of inflation but even still. I wondered later of it was more fancy restaurants we were going to or if I was getting more of the foreigner prices with the second girl as she didn't  care what I had to pay perhaps.

I do wonder though Steve if your expenses are not a lot higher than the usual. In the UK you can get a decent pub meal for around £10 each with drinks for two costing £5-10 depending on what you want.

I get the impression that some guys fron the states are so loaded with money that they think what they are spending is normal spending when in fact it is way in excess of the normal for most people from whatever country.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2019, 10:01:59 AM »
Supermarket food at 30 to the pound is exactly the same prices as UK for all products

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2019, 10:04:41 AM »
From what I've seen even paid handyman are terrible at what they do. This last week I rebuilt all kitchen draws in the apartment and rebuilt a chest of draws in the bedroom that was delivered assembled brand new

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2019, 10:06:04 AM »
Just seen a new build with a broken sewerpipe because of a dividing wall

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2019, 11:21:18 AM »
Supermarket food at 30 to the pound is exactly the same prices as UK for all products

I tended to find like you say much the same for supermarket food. Mind you I was in central Kiev. Might have been slightly cheaper first time I went think inflation kicked in since then and also I guess what is most in need for Ukrainians.

I possibly think many Ukrainians are hard presssed because of prices in shops that are usual for us but high priced for them. That's what some of the previous articles on it all seemed to indicate that I found.

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2019, 11:24:11 AM »

My experience and expense was virtually identical. In fact, I also lived at Nauky Ave 8 for 3 weeks before. I liked the apartment, maybe it was the same one overlooking the Sushi place.

I probably ate out more and rarely did any shopping other than for water and small snacks. I spent less money on accommodation and on most things in general in Sumy, but then there is the cost and hassle of getting there. If Trench thinks he's going to live relatively well off such a humble budget, better to start thinking away from the big cities and fast food or a walk in the park for dates. But that will only get you so far. 

Then again, I still don't get how a guy who cannot get a date in the UK expects to have a queue of the lining up around the corner...irrespective of the budget. Human nature is the same all over and Trench's failings both at home and on foreign soil tell me he is still deluded.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2019, 12:18:41 PM »

Not according to official stats as quotededicated by this EM article and the one I quoted earlier:

http://blogs.elenasmodels.com/en/wages-and-salaries-in-ukraine-2018/

"In March 2018 an average Ukrainian employee earned 8,382 hryvnia (USD 321) per month, according to the official statistics."

So £500 would certainly be above the Average wage. And of course not everyone gets the average wage, many may get below that as average wages for most countries tend to be skewed at the top.  I personally always think a mode average to the nearest hundred/thousand would give a better representation than a mean average.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2019, 12:34:09 PM »
Trench,

when are you going to listen to those who know better ?

£500/ month and you'll exist ...no dosh to date

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »

I do wonder though Steve if your expenses are not a lot higher than the usual. In the UK you can get a decent pub meal for around £10 each with drinks for two costing £5-10 depending on what you want.

Higher, but not a lot higher.  I am already in a relationship, so my expenses are for 2. 

Point is, to be perceived as desirable (a good earner), you need to be able to afford something close to that to "have the girls lining up".  £500 would possibly get you what you have gotten so far - an online date lined up that lasts the duration of a coffee or a burger when she realizes how poor you are.  You have this fantasy that the local guys are lazy and/or drunk.  Some are, just as there are in any city (homeless, drunkards, both), but the majority are not.  Being a university town, there are many cute girls here and about an equal number of good looking guys.

The average looking guys I see with "hot" women all have $$$.  We were at a interior designer store selecting some christmas ornaments - Lily Decore.   It's a high end place - the ornaments were about $5 to $50 each (USD, not UAH).  A very attractive woman was there, a 9 or 10, with an average looking guy, a 5.  She had one of the store clerks fill a basket, with her husband handing over his card for the purchase.  It was over $300, just on christmas ornaments.  Then they got in their Porche Cayenne and headed off.  That is your competition for the "hot" women.

Before you say that is a one-off thing, yesterday at the parking lot to my apartment building there were 2 Lexus RX, another Porche Cayenne, a Toyota Highlander and Land Cruiser.  My apartment building is old - one of those buildings that is ugly on the exterior with a pristine apartment interior.  Nearby are 4 new, modern 20 story apartment buildings, and more are being constructed.  There are plenty of guys here earning good money.

In any city there are high earners, and you will be a small fish in a big pond.  In small cities and towns, you'll be a stranger that can't speak the language.  For the cute, normal girls, you'll be competing with guys who are local, stylish and confident with women.  What can you offer against that, if not looks/charisma or $$$/£££?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »
Sorry I only get to date hipo rhino wildebeest  wart hog in uk in the f s u antelope .  Some how my face fits here.  Maybe trenches does too.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2019, 12:53:13 PM »
Not according to official stats as quotededicated by this EM article and the one I quoted earlier:

http://blogs.elenasmodels.com/en/wages-and-salaries-in-ukraine-2018/

"In March 2018 an average Ukrainian employee earned 8,382 hryvnia (USD 321) per month, according to the official statistics."

A lot of income is not reported.  Plus, the average is skewed by low income earners in towns/villages and pensioners.

Average income for those in large city is closer to double or triple that figure.  I paid 350 UAH for a haircut the other day.  It's a higher end place, and I had to wait 4 days because they were booked.  Let's say the girl has 8 customers per day (in reality could be 15, 16 - haircut was only 30 minutes max).  2,800 UAH per day, and her take is 50% - 1,400 UAH.  She works 6 days a week - 33,600 UAH per month, about £980. 

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »
Sorry I only get to date hipo rhino wildebeest  wart hog in uk in the f s u antelope .  Some how my face fits here.  Maybe trenches does too.

Or you got extremely lucky and found a girl that is tired of the good looking guys and liked your personality.  It's what happened to me... :)

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »

:D I like that, lol. In truth though I think it's true, I don't suffer the same penalties with FSW as UK girls, they are just geared differently.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2019, 01:23:00 PM »
I walked around today and looked at couples.  What I noticed 1 percent groomed beards rest clean shaved.  Zero groomed metrosexuals.  That's why I fit in 2mm buzz cut and dress like a working man on a day off I fit right in.  None of these 500 pound coats that you dry clean.  The UK has gone  for this sterile groomed look in their men.  North Ukraine men look like men and women look good.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2019, 01:39:21 PM »
Or you got extremely lucky and found a girl that is tired of the good looking guys and liked your personality.  It's what happened to me... :)
I think for you're girl she was looking for a decent wage earner Steve. Not because she needed the money but because in Ukraine above average income guys will be in short supply and high demand. So she couldn't findo what she wanted at home. She may have well liked your personality and that combined with being in her target group and possibly some attraction probably was enough to see you in. Remember you probably beat your competition  if there was any in that socio-economic group in spades. Out there its opposite worldirection and the girls are are on the prowl ;D

Well James has a girl with a young son. Nothing wrong with that if your willing to take on all that entails. Few WM are and local men will likely be non-existent. So James will face virtually no competition what so ever. Most girls with a child will take a WM as wealthy enough if he can travel. They know that they will face a lot of competition from girls with no children for the rich guys and they stand virtually no chance of landing one or probably any guy.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
Trench,

when are you going to listen to those who know better ?

£500/ month and you'll exist ...no dosh to date
Trench thinks the lure of his passport will be enough for those poor, abused Ukrainian women to overlook his skintness and escape their awful life with those awful Ukrainian men.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2019, 01:56:21 PM »
Higher, but not a lot higher.  I am already in a relationship, so my expenses are for 2. 

Point is, to be perceived as desirable (a good earner), you need to be able to afford something close to that to "have the girls lining up".  £500 would possibly get you what you have gotten so far - an online date lined up that lasts the duration of a coffee or a burger when she realizes how poor you are.  You have this fantasy that the local guys are lazy and/or drunk.  Some are, just as there are in any city (homeless, drunkards, both), but the majority are not.  Being a university town, there are many cute girls here and about an equal number of good looking guys.

The average looking guys I see with "hot" women all have $$$.  We were at a interior designer store selecting some christmas ornaments - Lily Decore.   It's a high end place - the ornaments were about $5 to $50 each (USD, not UAH).  A very attractive woman was there, a 9 or 10, with an average looking guy, a 5.  She had one of the store clerks fill a basket, with her husband handing over his card for the purchase.  It was over $300, just on christmas ornaments.  Then they got in their Porche Cayenne and headed off.  That is your competition for the "hot" women.

Before you say that is a one-off thing, yesterday at the parking lot to my apartment building there were 2 Lexus RX, another Porche Cayenne, a Toyota Highlander and Land Cruiser.  My apartment building is old - one of those buildings that is ugly on the exterior with a pristine apartment interior.  Nearby are 4 new, modern 20 story apartment buildings, and more are being constructed.  There are plenty of guys here earning good money.

In any city there are high earners, and you will be a small fish in a big pond.  In small cities and towns, you'll be a stranger that can't speak the language.  For the cute, normal girls, you'll be competing with guys who are local, stylish and confident with women.  What can you offer against that, if not looks/charisma or $$$/£££?

The rich man card is one that can be played, there's other cards to play also. Then there's getting with a girl where there is chemistry, does she chose that or go off with a rich guy who she doesn't like?

I've done the walking credit card scene once before and it gets tiresome. So like those terms but it's not really for me unless there is no other way.

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2019, 01:59:43 PM »

We are all looking to 'trade up' in FSU. You and I can date hippo rhino wildebeast. Trench can't.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1880
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM