It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: FSU vs Other Warsaw Pact Countries  (Read 1627 times)

Offline RealBFE

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
FSU vs Other Warsaw Pact Countries
« on: January 12, 2020, 05:04:43 AM »
Do people here generally lump in other former Warsaw pact countries when referring to FSU women?  I am interested to know if there is a consensus of differences in dating culture between places like Czechia/Slovakia/Hungary/Romania vs the Ukraine/Moldova/Belarus/Russia region?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 05:36:06 AM by RealBFE »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: FSU vs Other Warsaw Pact Countries
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:36:00 AM »
The dating culture in the FSU is generally the same as in the west. It is partly driven by economic state by its participants. The poorer the region, the easier the hunt. Don’t make this reality more complicated than it really is.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:41:21 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 11:21:27 AM »
GQB is talking out of his arse, as usual.

There are cultural hangovers from being behind the Iron Curtain that as one moves eastwards and more ex Soviet..gets stronger.

I am experiencing the 'Bozhe moi' ( My God) this is better (heard more often) than 'home' moments on a daily basis..

GQB hasn't a CLUE about Europe...or even his own climate change issues )) I

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 11:57:13 AM »
Do people here generally lump in other former Warsaw pact countries when referring to FSU women?  I am interested to know if there is a consensus of differences in dating culture between places like Czechia/Slovakia/Hungary/Romania vs the Ukraine/Moldova/Belarus/Russia region?

GQ is right BFE, the more poorer the region generally easier is the hunt. The poorer regions tend to be more remote though. Places like Kiev might have their poorer girls outside the city centre but in general as I noticed on my last visit their they are generally quite sophisticated their compared with more remote areas and the girls with options won't be scrambling for a foreigner.

To answer your question though the FSU for me refers to countries outside the EU in today's context, so Russia, Ukraine & Belarus and to a lesser degree Georgia & the Stans. Traditionally of course it is accepted as the whole of the former Eastern Bloc as well, but as they are now part of the EU they no longer really remain as leftovers of the FSU as I see it. Russia, Belarus & Ukraine still remain as they have not gone on to join any other grouping. Belarus might even be argued to still be SU, lol.

I would say though that there are some small differences between Ukraine, Russia & Belarus with each other. Some of that change has happened over time and some due to geographical difference, and some is historical. In recent years Ukraine has taken down its Soviet monuments, renamed cities, separated is Orthodox religion from Russia, etc, etc and has a bit of a loose way about things/atmosphere.

Conversely, if you were to go to Poland that isn't really the ex-Soviet state it used to be. A lot of EU money has been spent there, money brought back from its population abroad & time passed. The Catholic church is back strong there and there. There is little reminder of Poland's Soviet past around now. The girls are also different in outlook and economic circumstance to your Ukrainian girl for example. You would likely find it a lot tougher to score in Poland than Ukraine as I have. The girls in Poland don't take much interest in foreigners for the most part. Again if you travel to more poorer remote parts of Poland you might have a bit more joy but the Catholic religion can make it difficult to penetrate due to it upbringing of the population.

So you see it would kind of be difficult to still talk of somewhere like Poland as FSU (although traditionally in theory it is) as it doesn't have nearly the same environment as Russia, Belarus & Ukraine. Back in the 90s or so in the ex-Eastern Bloc things were a lot more open to the same sort of goings on as in Russia, Belarus & Ukraine of course. The EU has messed up all that fun for us now of course :(
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 02:27:44 PM »
Trench 'supporting' GQB is like watching Stadtler and Waldorf the two old clueless Muppets who heckled from the gallery ..

GQB hasn't been for years and Trench goes and 'reports' utter bollox observations from there about  the attitude of women and why he fails - again and again  - not having the first clue how to interact ..

I've been in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia,  Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria in the last 6 years and 3 other 'Communist Euro ' land nations in the last 12 ..

Unlike the pair of you, I could probably tell which lingo was being spoken within a few of sentences ...and recognise it to look at...

Your 'opinions' are risible to the point of dangerous

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541001
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1892
Total: 1903

+-Recent Posts

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM