It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance  (Read 25255 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »
value of militias

Hard to gauge the value of a militia if it's not tested. A Japanese commander said "Behind every blade of grass is a gun" when discussion about invading America took place. Citizens owning guns discouraged invasion.

All the militaries in the world including America's combined have 200 million guns. That's over a million guns per nation's military since there are less than 200 nations. Only a handful of nations have more than a million soldiers. American civilians own 265 million guns, 65 million guns more than all the armies of the world.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »
BO
the block filter isn't quite working right, saw Billyb's post
which compels me to respond - slightly annoyed...

billy, doesn't matter how many guns there are, there could be billions
remember billy - guns don't kill people - people do!!!
so it's the people that matter
and the people have wives and children

in the case of Oradour-sur (disclaimer: i've been there)
the militia got SS-Sturmbannführer Helmut Kämpfe
in return the SS got the entire village of Oradour-sur-Glane - 642 people in all
how many more hunters were hiding behind blades of grass after that
and this is basically all you have to do to defeat a militia
and everyone within 50 miles who hears of this and has a wife and children
will lay down their deer rifles and take up stamp collecting

billy, do you see why "they pay me the big bucks"

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2018, 09:03:58 PM »
Hard to gauge the value of a militia if it's not tested. A Japanese commander said "Behind every blade of grass is a gun" when discussion about invading America took place. Citizens owning guns discouraged invasion.

All the militaries in the world including America's combined have 200 million guns. That's over a million guns per nation's military since there are less than 200 nations. Only a handful of nations have more than a million soldiers. American civilians own 265 million guns, 65 million guns more than all the armies of the world.

Are you living in the 2018's or not? It does not matter how many millions small arms the People have. If it comes Down to force, domestic or Foreign, military forces With highly Advanced gear and a plan will overun any redneck forces in no time. Why do you think the 2nd. amendement still Works? Because it's no threat to those who run the military and besides, the opposition are small Groups fighting within themselves, incapable of any meaningful resistance. That only happens in the Movies and unfortunately many Americans think world happenings are just like the movies, cool special effects and a happy ending where the American hero walks into the sunset.

Reality will be far from that!

Offline mhr7

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2018, 09:09:52 PM »

Wrong (again)

Advocates of gun rights often argue that in World War II Japan was deterred from invading the U.S. mainland by a fear of American citizens with guns in their closets. They frequently quote Japan’s Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto as saying: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

But this quote is unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

http://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/01/14/historical-misquotes-war/
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Online krimster2

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
indeed sir, privately owned firearms will NEVER be used to repel a foreign invader of the USA
we will ONLY ever use such weapons on each other
We HAVE met the enemy
AND HE IS US

on dealing with a foreign invader
if it weren't for the retaliation issue, or if I just didn't care about the retaliation issue
I would use homemade WMDs

bathtub sarin?
really? where ya gonna get the  flourinated organophosphorus precursor when the whole society falls apart and Fed-Ex isn't making any more deliveries?

nahhhhhhhhh
I made a list of 5 WMDs I could make myself for the price of a used car
I will only list the one at the bottom of the list in terms of casualty potential
because if I listed even the next one on the list, let alone the top one, I will get a knock on the door

google  dimethylmercury and Karen Wetterhahn
you can make a slight variant of this that is even more toxic from materials and supplies you can obtain locally in a few hours and make 10s of kilogram or more...
sourcing materials and supplies, putting everything together, and performing the simple 7 step synthesis is a 2 day project
a drop killed Karen Wetterhahn, this is as toxic as sarin
but if you live near a large city, you can drive and pick up everything in a couple of hours
and remember this is the bottom of the list

and if you think that's bad, I have in my safe, an actual copy
of the world's funniest joke, the one where people literally die from laughter
as developed by the great humor weaponologists Monty and Python

Canada beware stay in Toronto

gotta go, someone's knocking on the door

Offline BillyB

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »
the block filter isn't quite working right, saw Billyb's post
which compels me to respond - slightly annoyed...

Everybody on this forum who announces they got somebody on ignore comes back to read that person's posts, always. Don't be ashamed to read a good thing that challenges everything you believe in.

Are you living in the 2018's or not? It does not matter how many millions small arms the People have. If it comes Down to force, domestic or Foreign, military forces With highly Advanced gear and a plan will overun any redneck forces in no time.

The last few decades should've taught everybody brute force has it's limits. It's been a long tough fight to get every rebel terrorists in Syria, Iraq, and in Afghanistan and there's no end in sight. Taking the Capitol of a nation is easy. Keeping it free of violence is the hard part. Americans have many more guns than those terrorists. For every gun, there's many bullets for the enemy.

Not every American is going to fight. Some see this nation isn't worth fighting for. Others are just cowards. But many value this place enough to preserve it. They'd rather die on their feet than live on their knees.

The good thing is nations like Russia and China who are looking to expand will pick on those who are weak and save an invasion of America for last. By the time that happens, American citizens will have double the 265 million guns we have now.

Wrong (again)

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

http://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/01/14/historical-misquotes-war/

The guy below is a chief historian who brought Yamamoto's quote to the world. Should I believe liberals with an anti gun agenda or a historian with no gun agenda?

Technically you can question every famous quote ever said because it's was most likely spoken and not recorded by any means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Prange
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2018, 10:13:41 PM »
Read it twice and still can't figure out what you mean. Sure, I'm not native and sure as Jay, who prefers non-drinkers like Adolf Hitler, I admit that I've had a few which apparently is anti-nazi. But as I don't understand and still am interested in what you're trying to say (contrary to anything Jay the gay has to say), please tell me in plain words. What do you mean, man?

LOL, Sorry. We had a dinner date with our neighbors and they were calling me out as were running late for our reservation. Now wifey's out on the patio having tea with the gals. So I have a few minutes...

The US Census Bureau still separate race/ethnicity to determine the demographic makeshift of our nation.

Whites, Hispanics, Blacks, Asian, Native (Indian) Americans, etc...

Statistic Brain Research Institute published/cited a report (IINM, 4-5 years ago) from our Dept of Commerce's Health and Human Services, relating to the total amount spent on all our welfare/government- assisted program (hundreds of billions) i.e. Food Stamps/Housing/Medicaid/CHIP, etc (there's actually over 80 programs that provide cash, food, housing, medical, and social services targeted to poor and low-income Americans); including unemployment but not including social security benefits; and how this total was divided per demographic group.

When SBRI dug deeper to find out the actual demographic distribution of all the welfare programs that year, it showed that the majority recipient of these welfare benefits were Black Americans (almost half of the total recipients). IINM, they beat out white Americans by 3 percentage points, which at the time represented 72% of Americans. Not only was this an eye-opener based on numbers, consider that the classification 'White' consists of 'white' Hispanics (south American light-skinned Latinos), Middle-Eastern, Cubans, Puerto-Ricans, Armenians, East-Europeans, etc..in other words, a mixed bag.

Why do I say a 'mixed bag? Google Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball Team player 'Yasiel Puig', a Cuban and tell me how 'white' he is. Now try Roberto Clemente, a Puerto Rican. This gives you an overview why it is so ridiculous when people loosely accuse 'white people' as racists towards Blacks.

Despite welfare, add the rampant gang violence, riots, looting, crimes, etc..seen in cities like Chicago, St Louis, etc..African-Americans feel they are oppressed in the US.  The NFL's black professional football players make a point of kneeling down during the playing of our national anthem before every game as a show of protest for 'Black Inequality' in America.

In America, especially today, you can't state facts like this and not be called a 'racist'. Heck, like in Berkeley, you can't even exercise your free speech without a riot breaking out and buildings getting set on fire.

The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
it's not a liberal vrs conservative issue
but a thinking vrs non-thinking issue
let me try and predict which side you'll be on...

the best way to NOT get shot, is not to go and get your own gun
but to live in a location that doesn't allow guns

do I know what I'm talking about?
http://newspaperarchive.com/news-mar-12-1973-p-1/
search "Edith Miles" in the text at the bottom

Edith Miles was my aunt, a retired school teacher in a town not far from where I lived
who worked part-time in a local super-market
murdered in cold-blood for under $300, guy who murdered her - killed someone else earlier in another robbery
one of those damn white guys
I was under 16 yr old at the time, was allowed to present what was essentially a eulogy to my aunt at her killer's sentencing
did guns make my aunt safer
did it make her children happy
10 people die like my aunt every day in this country
and the next day and the next day and the next
every day since my aunt died

but so what...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2018, 10:25:50 PM »
Bee, by the need of gun enthusiasts to own assault weapons, for example. Why does any person need such a weapon?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »

Krimster, I had a grandfather die due to the damage emphysema caused due to smoking. Does it make me an expert in cigarettes?

People don't have to understand the culture in America or how we got to be so powerful. All they need to understand a lot of nations in this world is safer with America than without. The gun debate been beat to death. 2nd Amendment wins and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2018, 11:49:11 PM »
The guy below is a chief historian who brought Yamamoto's quote to the world. Should I believe liberals with an anti gun agenda or a historian with no gun agenda?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Prange
Believe what you wish.

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to source Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009), which cites source Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians", writing "I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur] but no one had ever seen it or cited it from where they got it."
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2018, 11:58:32 PM »
Bee, by the need of gun enthusiasts to own assault weapons, for example. Why does any person need such a weapon?

What kind of firearm isn't an assault weapon?  Seriously, it's intellectually dishonest to label some weapons as being assault weapons, as if other firearms are any less lethal.

People need so-called "assault weapons" to defend themselves against other who intend to use such weaponry against us.  For starters, police, the military, and various governmental agencies. 

Perhaps a better question would be, why do we need heavily armed police, military, and armed governmental agencies?

There will always be wackjobs in this world.  There is no escaping that.  They will always find ways of killing innocent people, and innocent people need ways of effectively stopping the wackjobs from their carnage.  (If I wanted to kill a lot of people, I could kill a lot more by driving around throwing Molotov cocktails in dry areas.  It would quickly overwhelm firefighting resources.  Cannons with grapeshot are also effective at killing/injuring large groups of people.  Or someone could read the US military manuals on guerilla warfare, boobytraps, or how to make military explosives, all readily and cheaply available online.  Or go raid a farm - most pesticides are pretty toxic to humans.)

Positions of power and authority (like cops, military, government, public service jobs) will always attract sociopaths and psychopaths.  Good people are not attracted to public service - wackjobs are.  Simply for that reason alone, citizens need to have weaponry available to them to defend against (or if necessary, overthrow) government.  In order to defend against government, you need to have weaponry of comparable force to counter them.  I would trust my neighbors with machine guns, tanks, etc. before I would trust those things in the hands of any government worker.

Ben Franklin said that those who would trade liberty for safety deserve neither.

Samuel Adams said, "A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."  Sadly, many folks have lost their virtue.

“The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation – enlightened as it is – if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men.”
― Samuel Adams

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

“Nothing is more essential to the establishment of manners in a State than that all persons employed in places of power and trust must be men of unexceptionable characters.”
― Samuel Adams  (We have forgotten this.  Generally, most people regard politicians and all forms of government workers as being among the worst scoundrels of society.)

“Every one knows that the exercise of military power is forever dangerous to civil rights; and we have had recent instances of violences that have been offer'd to private subjects....”
― Samuel Adams

“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.  It is Nature's manure. 
This means that innocent people will die as a result of people having freedom and liberty and the ability to infringe the rights of others.  The answer is to hold them accountable for transgressions, rather than to try to prevent bad things.  You can't prevent wackjobs from finding ways of being malevolent.

Offline msmob

« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2018, 12:21:20 AM »
Cute. Restructure the question to intentionally mislead.

Seriously, how can one be *perplexed* over anything without having an 'opinion' one way or another? How can one participate and engage, and at times intensely, in a discussion - accompanied at time with US media links - in support one's view, if one is void of having an *opinion* one way or another?

All I have to do is post the link of this entire site, search Boethius Posts, and bwalla - task completed.

A case of boredom on a Friday night ? 

It would appear you have a dose of the Silly BillyB's .... 

Do be a nice chap and enjoy the incredible Tiger resurgence I told you wouldn't happen and stop proving you can't prove your case ;)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:45:35 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2018, 12:31:01 AM »
Everything you’ve written I can respond to with two words.
PROJECT FEAR

Which once more demonstrates your counter view on 'Brexit' - but not on the FACT that in constituencies - with major plants relying on maintenance of EU norms  - the workers chose to ignore the advice of management ...

'Project Fear' is already FACT - in that despite the weaker Pound UK manufacturing is down ...

Nothing more need be said. That’s all you remainers have, so desperate are you to hang on to your European dream. Thank goodness, it’ll soon be a distant memory.

Ah, but will it ?  Some of us are off to live in an EU nation - putting our money where our mouths are - rather than live in a UK that is stuck in neutral ...

From outside - it is even clear how other EU nations are going to profit - if we are daft enough to leave with no deal
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 03:10:29 AM by msmob »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2018, 02:59:32 AM »
Ah, but will it ?  Some of us are off to live in an EU nation - putting our money where our mouths are - rather than live in a UK that is stuck in neutral ...

From outside - it is even clear how other EU nations are going to profit - if we are daft enough to leave with no deal
What is fact (see, I don’t see the need to shout out, it’s clear enough) is that whoever voted in the referendum, chose to exercise their democratic mandate, beholden to none.

Off you go then. Why are you still here, arguing till the cows come home?
Good for them if they profit. Unlike you remainets, we have a positive outlook.

Offline BC

« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2018, 03:12:20 AM »
These last few posts should be sorted elsewhere.

Offline msmob

« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2018, 03:12:46 AM »
What is fact (see, I don’t see the need to shout out, it’s clear enough) is that whoever voted in the referendum, chose to exercise their democratic mandate, beholden to none.

The question was leave or remain - NOT how to leave

Good for them if they profit. Unlike you remainets, we have a positive outlook.

My dearest chap - you didn't read, properly - I'm taking a very positive outlook from leavers' daftness

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2018, 04:00:00 AM »
The question was leave or remain - NOT how to leave
Exactly, that was never the question. So we shall be LEAVING the EU. Exactly as voted for.
My dearest chap - you didn't read, properly - I'm taking a very positive outlook from leavers' daftness

Is that why you constantly moan about it?  :D

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2018, 04:00:31 AM »
These last few posts should be sorted elsewhere.
Indeed.

Online krimster2

« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2018, 05:09:09 AM »
“What kind of firearm isn't an assault weapon?  Seriously, it's intellectually dishonest to label some weapons as being assault weapons, as if other firearms are any less lethal.”

you’re right! so let’s NOT BE intellectually dishonest
the deadliest mass shooting in US history ( Las Vegas, October 1, 2017)
was NOT done with a bolt action rifle but with an AR-15 AND a bumpstock
which weapon is more lethal in terms of number of rounds fired per minute
I can probably fire 10+ r.p.m with a heavy caliber bolt action rifle
an ar15 with a bumpstock would do 200+ r.p.m.

“People need so-called "assault weapons" to defend themselves against other who intend to use such weaponry against us.  For starters, police, the military, and various governmental agencies.

“Perhaps a better question would be, why do we need heavily armed police, military, and armed governmental agencies?”

you actually answered the question yourself, but at the same time, didn’t make the connection in your two statements, regarding how one relates to the other

read about the North Hollywood shootout
law enforcement began an arms race after that

“and innocent people need ways of effectively stopping the wackjobs from their carnage.”

beginning next Tuesday, “stopping the wackjobs from their carnage” is actually my job description as a “cougar dad” a volunteer security guard at my daughter’s school
I’m a “picket", on the outside, if the wackjob chooses the 2 exits I guard, I will be the first person he encounters.

I am unarmed and unafraid.
my task is to detect and confront the wackjob, and when he shoots me, that will trigger a lock down of the school, and will bring the school’s uniformed police officer to the front, my children have their own instructions to follow if this unlikely event were to transpire.  if cougar dads were allowed to bring their firearms, I’d pull my kids out of school that day

“Positions of power and authority (like cops, military, government, public service jobs) will always attract sociopaths and psychopaths.”

and if they don’t have mental health issues before they start the job, 10 years later they’re guaranteed to have them, I know many in law enforcement, they’re ALL divorced and most of their kids have mental health issues as well

in Amsterdam, police act like they’re your long lost friend and glad to see ya
because they don’t have this stress
seriously, can’t get over the contrast...

BTW, I am a former Republican!
I voted Republican up to and including Ronald Reagan, worked as a campaign volunteer for Republican Senator Lawrence Hogan from Maryland

I didn’t leave the Republican Party
it left me
so beginning with George Bush 1, I switched to the Democratic Party
because the Democratic Party moved to the right
and the Republican Party moved to “Crazy Town”

Online krimster2

« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2018, 05:18:21 AM »
"leavers?"

haha

when I was in the army, a fellow soldier left the largest "you know what" in the toilette I ever saw
I said to him, "WTF man, why didnt ya flush"?
he said, "gotta be a record, it's a leaver"

ahhh, good times...

Offline msmob

« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2018, 05:44:50 AM »
Exactly, that was never the question. So we shall be LEAVING the EU. Exactly as voted for.
Is that why you constantly moan about it?  :D

)))

Leaving what? The whole shebang, What common stds will we keep, what will be the tariffs, who can come and go without a visa/ work permit  ?   

THAT is what isn't decided and SHOULD be subject to the PEOPLE - not the Tories - who BTW I voted for - believing they'd run the economic better and forget the Euro-sceptic bollox !

IF you are in biz - there are SO many f'n things that can't be planned  - so F it .. move the business))

Offline The Natural

« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2018, 06:01:19 AM »

People don't have to understand the culture in America or how we got to be so powerful. All they need to understand a lot of nations in this world is safer with America than without. The gun debate been beat to death. 2nd Amendment wins and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Billy, Billy, do you really believe the myth of US goodness for the rest of the world? I suppose you do, as well as millions others. You really have no clue as to exactly how deep the US are despised over the world. US taxpayers money are used for the benefit of large private corporations and on top of that, they've managed to brainwash individuals like Billy into cheering for it. Ha. I make the assumption that you do not belong to the elite billionaire club that use the US military like the mafia use muscle men to get jobs done.

It is truly amazing and sad to see how gullible so many people are. Russian meddling and sanctions from hell. How far are people willing to let their stupidity take them? Will they stop once a nuclear holocaust is imminent, or are their ridiculous hatred on a level with Jay, that will not die until all of humanity dies?

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2018, 07:04:26 AM »
)))

Leaving what? The whole shebang, What common stds will we keep, what will be the tariffs, who can come and go without a visa/ work permit  ?   

THAT is what isn't decided and SHOULD be subject to the PEOPLE - not the Tories - who BTW I voted for - believing they'd run the economic better and forget the Euro-sceptic bollox !

IF you are in biz - there are SO many f'n things that can't be planned  - so F it .. move the business))
Since when does Joe Public negotiate international treaties.
That’s what we elect governments for.

Online krimster2

« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2018, 07:20:27 AM »
yeah!
I dunno about you guys, but we have experts like Donald J Trump, heh!!!
you guys shoulda been our colony

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541274
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190