It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance  (Read 25082 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2018, 09:52:16 AM »
Bee, by the need of gun enthusiasts to own assault weapons, for example. Why does any person need such a weapon?

Assault rifles look like military weapons but they don't perform like one. No military in the world would buy an AR-15 made for civilians. It's like putting a cool paint job and a Ferrari logo on a Kia. The Kia isn't going to perform like a Ferrari.

These last few posts should be sorted elsewhere.

They're off topic because those posts are of maximum importance?

Billy, Billy, do you really believe the myth of US goodness for the rest of the world? I suppose you do, as well as millions others. You really have no clue as to exactly how deep the US are despised over the world.

I believe in helping myself, family, friends and country. American goodness should be given to those who benefit us. It shouldn't be be free and anybody that tries to destabilize my country, family and way of life should be eliminated. This isn't about the fight between good and evil, just living and prospering.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2018, 10:41:26 AM »

Billy, Billy, do you really believe the myth of US goodness for the rest of the world?

Natural,
there was a time when I was able to observe that feeling overseas (I've spent over 50 years outside the US)  It got lost during the Bush II era with Iraq, revived a good bit with Obama, then really tanked with Trump.  While all eyes and fears are directed elsewhere, Iraq, China, Russia, Iran, N.Korea, EU, Canada etc etc, the only thing that will bring down the US is ourselves.  Unfortunately that process has begun, bringing out the worst in us instead of putting forward the best.

As for Billy, our RWD ego driven patriot who has it all figured out, think overcompensation, like a white man trying to be black or vice versa.  Something akin to not being 'right' in his own skin.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2018, 10:42:54 AM »
)))

Leaving what? The whole shebang, What common stds will we keep, what will be the tariffs, who can come and go without a visa/ work permit  ?   

THAT is what isn't decided and SHOULD be subject to the PEOPLE - not the Tories - who BTW I voted for - believing they'd run the economic better and forget the Euro-sceptic bollox !

IF you are in biz - there are SO many f'n things that can't be planned  - so F it .. move the business))

The words of a British Prime Minister:

“Your decision. Nobody else’s. Not politicians’, not Parliament’s. Not lobby groups’. Not mine. Just you. You, the British people, will decide.

“At that moment, you will hold this country’s destiny in your hands. This is a huge decision for our country, perhaps the biggest we will make in our lifetimes. And it will be the final decision.

“So to those who suggest that a decision in the referendum to leave would merely produce another stronger renegotiation and then a second referendum in which Britain would stay, I say think again.

And the referendum that follows will be a once in a generation choice. An in or out referendum.

“When the British people speak, their voice will be respected, not ignored. If we vote to leave, then we will leave. There will not be another renegotiation and another referendum.”

Read it and weep, msmob.

Offline BC

« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »
BO
the block filter isn't quite working right, saw Billyb's post
which compels me to respond - slightly annoyed...

Heck I don't even see an ignore button.. where's it supposed to be?

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »
per BO's instructions:

Go to your Forum Profile.  At the top will be two buttons, one says "Profile Info".   The other says "Modify Profile".  If you click on that you'll get a bunch of options, one of which is ignore/buddies list.  Add the names of posters you wish to ignore in "Edit Ignore List" and save.

s'long man

Offline BC

« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »
Thanks krimster.. I do see it now and seems I had msmoby on ignore so yeah, guess it don't work LOL

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2018, 11:43:00 AM »
The ignore function does work.  Make sure you are using the ignore list, not the buddy list.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2018, 11:46:40 AM »
moby?
thought you wuz gonna liquidate ME!
I sent for a priest to perform last rites, he didn't want to come over (they don't like house calls), but I told him I was 12

instead of liquidatin, why not join the exhibitionist exhibition, liven the place up
the image of the visage will be better than a scrimmage!

Offline BC

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »
moby?
thought you wuz gonna liquidate ME!

Nahh.. too complicated process and I'm enjoying your posts.  Moby must have been from long ago when he got too petulant (self description)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2018, 01:00:11 PM »
“When the British people speak, their voice will be respected, not ignored. If we vote to leave, then we will leave. There will not be another renegotiation and another referendum.”

Read it and weep, msmob.

Moby encourages Americans to use a popular vote when choosing a president but he doesn't respect the popular vote in the UK when it doesn't go his way.

the only thing that will bring down the US is ourselves.  Unfortunately that process has begun, bringing out the worst in us instead of putting forward the best.

America going down is a good thing to a lot of people out there, especially for those who made predictions. You should be rejoicing.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »

The words of a British Prime Minister:

“Your decision. Nobody else’s. Not politicians’, not Parliament’s. Not lobby groups’. Not mine. Just you. You, the British people, will decide.

“At that moment, you will hold this country’s destiny in your hands. This is a huge decision for our country, perhaps the biggest we will make in our lifetimes. And it will be the final decision.

“So to those who suggest that a decision in the referendum to leave would merely produce another stronger renegotiation and then a second referendum in which Britain would stay, I say think again.

And the referendum that follows will be a once in a generation choice. An in or out referendum.

Read it and weep, msmob.

Ah the Express readers' mantra... 

Offline msmob

« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
Moby encourages Americans to use a popular vote when choosing a president but he doesn't respect the popular vote in the UK when it doesn't go his way.

Again - for the Silly BillyB school hard of hearing

The Referendum was a vote to undo 50 years of work and the Q has left far more Qs than answers ...  the British Public should gett a vote on the final proposal

General / Presidential elections come about every 5 / 4 years

Online krimster2

« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
"when he got too petulant "

well, I take a little Pepto Bismol if that happens
but if the petulence is too loud, I blame it on my wife and tell the kids my wife did it, kids ALWAYS believe me
and my wife just looks at me and shakes her head, which makes her look even more guilty
oh, the cleverness of me!

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
Ah the Express readers' mantra...
Tell that to David Cameron.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2018, 01:48:00 PM »
Again - for the Silly BillyB school hard of hearing

The Referendum was a vote to undo 50 years of work and the Q has left far more Qs than answers ...  the British Public should gett a vote on the final proposal

General / Presidential elections come about every 5 / 4 years
It was nothing of the sort.
Whether it's 50 years or 5 years, what bit about democracy don't you understand? Or is it the typical remainer ploy of its only democracy when you get the result you want?

Online krimster2

« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2018, 02:27:58 PM »
I hear the conservative party is putting the Magna Carta up for a vote,
Britain could use a man like Ramsey McDonald right now

Offline msmob

« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2018, 08:07:08 PM »

Whether it's 50 years or 5 years, what bit about democracy don't you understand? Or is it the typical remainer ploy of its only democracy when you get the result you want?

You scared of a vote on the conditions of leaving the current EU framework?

I don't WANT to leave - I do respect that a ( few too many) misguided idiots who believed we'd be better off  - many who now understand their folly - aren't happy and even Farage and Banks think a second vote would be a good idea ... 

Their motives are different - but I predict a VERY different outcome

You  got kids ?   They voted to REMAIN and when the old crusties have gone .. We'll be back in at any rate

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
You scared of a vote on the conditions of leaving the current EU framework?
Comprehension problems?
I repeat. What part of d e m o c r a c y don’t you understand?
I don't WANT to leave - I do respect that a ( few too many) misguided idiots who believed we'd be better off  - many who now understand their folly - aren't happy and even Farage and Banks think a second vote would be a good idea ... 
Respect? You must have a different definition to mine.

Their motives are different - but I predict a VERY different outcome
In your fantasy world, anything is possible.
You  got kids ?   They voted to REMAIN and when the old crusties have gone .. We'll be back in at any rate
Again, a majority voted to leave,  across a cross section of society, including those kids you keep on about.
There were a few spoilt brats sobbing into their cornflakes after the referendum wailing about their oh, so precious ewwww future they were robbed of by those great unwashed uneducated masses.
Do you think I care one jot about them?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2018, 10:38:10 PM »
got kids ?   They voted to REMAIN and when the old crusties have gone .. We'll be back in at any rate

I trust old people to vote for what's better for their kids future than kids. Kids will get older and with age, they'll get wiser and vote like those crusties you criticize. Same thing in America. Young people with less education and life experience overwhelming vote Democrat. Older people vote Republican.

Why can't you accept what the majority in the UK wanted? After Trump won the election...big, the Democrats wanted recounts and wanted to file lawsuits. Then they talked impeachment when Trump hadn't committed a crime. Liberals continue to say he's mentally incapable of running this country. The guy is a billionaire and won the American presidency and they think they are smarter than him? The best think you and people like you can do is accept the vote and work with the winners on Brexiting instead of fighting them every step of the way. If America can be successful without the EU holding our hand, so can the UK.

Offline BC

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2018, 10:43:40 PM »
I'm against brexit not because of how folks in UK voted but because of doubts about them being able to cast an informed vote, fully aware of the consequences.  IIRC there was a good bit of misinformation passed around.

In any case I'm not too worried as there is nothing about this process that is irreversible.  The UK can rejoin EU at any time I hear which may happen or not.  Since such has never been done before there is a lot to be learned.  Unfortunately even if UK eventually returns a lot of damage has been done and things will likely never go back to the way it was for either side, maybe even including the possibility of a depreciated veto depending on happenings in between.

Offline BC

« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »
I do find it puzzling that only Greater London, Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain.  Would be interested in hearing why from both sides.  Classic urban vs rural? or was there more in the mix?  I can imagine N.Ireland was particularly sensitive to the border issue.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2018, 12:34:12 AM »
I do find it puzzling that only Greater London, Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain.  Would be interested in hearing why from both sides.  Classic urban vs rural? or was there more in the mix?  I can imagine N.Ireland was particularly sensitive to the border issue.
This is disingenuous. It was not a regional vote so how regions or areas voted is completely irrelevant to the majority result.
Saying that the major urban conurbations voted a certain way because the are so completely detached from the very real issues faced by large sections of the rest of the UK population in terms of income inequality, jobs, education, opportunity, etc.
and then there was immigration, large scale uncontrolled immigration which for years has been the elephant in the room. Everyone wanted to talk about it but the minute anyone did they were shouted down and silenced by the likes of msmob (and a serving British PM ) and his crowd with cries of bigot, racist and the like.

Offline BC

« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2018, 12:43:19 AM »
This is disingenuous.

Well cripes, I just looked up the results to see what the spread was and noticed that so few regions voted against.  All here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum,_2016

You seem awful sensitive about it all. ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2018, 01:00:20 AM »
Comprehension problems?
I repeat. What part of d e m o c r a c y don’t you understand?

So, you wouldn't have a problem with a 'People's Vote - rather than just a parliamentary vote on the conditions of any deal / no deal with the EU ?

Respect? You must have a different definition to mine.
In your fantasy world, anything is possible.Again, a majority voted to leave,  across a cross section of society, including those kids you keep on about.
There were a few spoilt brats sobbing into their cornflakes after the referendum wailing about their oh, so precious ewwww future they were robbed of by those great unwashed uneducated masses.
Do you think I care one jot about them?

Ah, so you ARE scared of a 'People's vote ? ..   

Online krimster2

« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2018, 03:51:26 AM »
"Ah, so you ARE scared of a 'People's vote ? ..  "

that would be ACTUAL democracy, if you do that, what do you need politicians for?
hence, THEY will never let YOU do that....

I actually think that's the way to go however, "people politicians"
and would be feasible to implement
but is even less likely than campaign finance reform, which also will never happen
for the exact same reason

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1970
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM