It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1088852 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2425 on: February 09, 2015, 01:27:55 PM »
America is waging war in Ukraine against Russia.
We have lost more than 6000 soldiers and 300 tanks.
What about the Americans?
 You wouldn't believe it, They haven't showed up there yet!  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

- Беня, а шо там такое на Украине происходит?
- Россия с Америкой воюет.
- И шо, как там дела?
- Ну Россия потеряла таки тысячи военных, сотни танков.
- А у американцев шо?
- Таки не поверишь, они вообще на войну не явились.

Offline Taz

• Carpe diem...before it seizes you!
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2426 on: February 09, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
Supposedly the Russian rebels/terrorists used SU25 aircraft today to attack Ukrainian troops. I am sure they will magically find more, as well as more modern, aircraft somewhere...
Take time to learn the language. Even a little can go a long ways...

Get off your butt and go! Don't make excuses why you can't do it, find a way to make it work! Always go with a backup plan too!!!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2427 on: February 09, 2015, 01:38:17 PM »
Supposedly the Russian rebels/terrorists used SU25 aircraft today to attack Ukrainian troops. I am sure they will magically find more, as well as more modern, aircraft somewhere...

And if accurate, that plane did not come from Russia, and was not flown by anyone from Russia.

Here is an excellent piece by Bernard-Henri Levi.

http://www.kyivpost.com/opinion/op-ed/bernard-henri-levy-why-putin-is-a-danger-to-europe-380079.html

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2428 on: February 09, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »

And if accurate, that plane did not come from Russia, and was not flown by anyone from Russia.

http://www.kyivpost.com/opinion/op-ed/bernard-henri-levy-why-putin-is-a-danger-to-europe-380079.html

Was this meant to be tongue in cheek?

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2429 on: February 09, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
America is waging war in Ukraine against Russia.
We have lost more than 6000 soldiers and 300 tanks.
What about the Americans?
 You wouldn't believe it, They haven't showed up there yet!  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

- Беня, а шо там такое на Украине происходит?
- Россия с Америкой воюет.
- И шо, как там дела?
- Ну Россия потеряла таки тысячи военных, сотни танков.
- А у американцев шо?
- Таки не поверишь, они вообще на войну не явились.

Pish posh
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Taz

• Carpe diem...before it seizes you!
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2430 on: February 09, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
Here is how it will work (aircraft).

They supposedly dust off some Su25 in a museum somewhere. Somehow they can magically retrofit all new upgrades. Suddenly it becomes a Su27. Then somehow that SU27 is transformed into a SU35...

Supposedly there was one Su25 and oneL-29 (trainer) in Lugansk in a museum. To bring one of these operationally ready after sitting in a museum is almost impossible to do without MAJOR work and MAJOR support from Russia. I will follow this very closely. My formal education was as an aeronautical engineer from probably the best university in the world for this. In addition I have military combat experience as a pilot.

I am not some shmuck you can feed me a bunch of BS about this and I'll believe it. This is all total BS and only a ruse for the most gullible of idiots (or only those that want to believe this is possible) so that Russia can now be actively involved in being able to bomb civilians rather than just murder them with Grad rocket attacks.

Take time to learn the language. Even a little can go a long ways...

Get off your butt and go! Don't make excuses why you can't do it, find a way to make it work! Always go with a backup plan too!!!

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2431 on: February 09, 2015, 02:11:42 PM »
Was this meant to be tongue in cheek?

No.  ATO denies a plane has been involved against them.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2432 on: February 09, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2433 on: February 09, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »

They supposedly dust off some Su25 in a museum somewhere. Somehow they can magically retrofit all new upgrades. Suddenly it becomes a Su27. Then somehow that SU27 is transformed into a SU35...

Supposedly there was one Su25 and oneL-29 (trainer) in Lugansk in a museum. To bring one of these operationally ready after sitting in a museum is almost impossible to do without MAJOR work and MAJOR support from Russia. I will follow this very closely. My formal education was as an aeronautical engineer from probably the best university in the world for this. In addition I have military combat experience as a pilot.

I am not some shmuck you can feed me a bunch of BS about this and I'll believe it. This is all total BS and only a ruse for the most gullible of idiots (or only those that want to believe this is possible) so that Russia can now be actively involved in being able to bomb civilians rather than just murder them with Grad rocket attacks.

Agree 100%

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2434 on: February 09, 2015, 02:43:57 PM »

I read the link.  I don't see the case made that Putin is a danger to Europe in the sense that the article was trying to convey.  It is important for Ukraine to try to convince others falsely that Russia is a threat to all of Europe.  If they can, they stand a better chance of other nations trying to step in and fight for them.  To this point they have failed.

The evidence is bearing out that Russia will fight to protect it's interests in Ukraine...that is not a bluff...so whoever intervenes will be assured a fight and possibly a fight without limits.   

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2435 on: February 09, 2015, 02:55:31 PM »
How about funding extremist European parties?  What's that got to do with Ukraine?  Or the idea that if one speaks Russian, one is Russian and needs "defending"  (false, BTW).

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2436 on: February 09, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »

I read the link. ....It is important for Ukraine to try to convince others falsely that Russia is a threat to all of Europe. 

Although the piece was published in the Kiev rag, please note the author is a noted French philosopher, a supporter of the European project, and in this piece critical of his own country.  From Wiki, "The Jerusalem Post named Lévy 45th on a list of the world's 50 most influential Jews." 

So you believe your opinion is better founded than that of this intellectual?   I advised you before to consider both the author and the substance of what you read.

The evidence is bearing out that Russia will fight to protect it's interests in Ukraine...that is not a bluff...so whoever intervenes will be assured a fight and possibly a fight without limits. 

Quite possibly the Ukrainian conflict is merely Putin's tuneup for the big one.  Putin wants the world to know that he will never back down, so the world better back off and give the ferocious bear what the bear wants.   Chicken Littles of the world such as you will indeed run from Putin and hide.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2437 on: February 09, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »

No.  ATO denies a plane has been involved against them.

I quoted source here on forum over a week ago on this report-- and the denial.

My guess--planted report to explain the appearance of aircraft in due course.Suddenly-- a whole airforce will materialise!!
It is an obvious reason for Kyiv to be quick to discount the report.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2438 on: February 09, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »

Quite possibly the Ukrainian conflict is merely Putin's tuneup for the big one.  Putin wants the world to know that he will never back down, so the world better back off and give the ferocious bear what the bear wants.   Chicken Littles of the world such as you will indeed run from Putin and hide.

Let's see here. In the same paragraph you called me chicken little AND you said this is possibly a tuneup for Putin's big one...sounds a little confused as usual!    :ROFL:

Fathertime! 

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2439 on: February 09, 2015, 05:16:38 PM »
How Russian troops entered Donbas -

http://ukrainianweek.com/Society/128451

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2440 on: February 09, 2015, 06:05:29 PM »
Although the piece was published in the Kiev rag, please note the author is a noted French philosopher, a supporter of the European project, and in this piece critical of his own country.  From Wiki, "The Jerusalem Post named Lévy 45th on a list of the world's 50 most influential Jews." 

So you believe your opinion is better founded than that of this intellectual?   I advised you before to consider both the author and the substance of what you read.

Antisemitism is OK on the forum now?

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2441 on: February 09, 2015, 06:06:29 PM »
Where is the anti-Semitism? 

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2442 on: February 09, 2015, 06:11:18 PM »
Gator didn't dismiss the author based on his religion?

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2443 on: February 09, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »
No.  He thought the article was good, and pointed out that Bernard-Levi is considered one of the world's most influential Jewish intellectuals. 

Although he is Jewish, anytime I've heard Bernard-Levi speak, I've had the impression he considers himself French.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2444 on: February 09, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »
Gator didn't dismiss the author based on his religion?

Step away from the keyboard.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:14:41 PM by AnonMod »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2445 on: February 09, 2015, 06:14:16 PM »
No.  He thought the article was good, and pointed out that Bernard-Levi is considered one of the world's most influential Jewish intellectuals. 

Although he is Jewish, anytime I've heard Bernard-Levi speak, I've had the impression he considers himself French.

Same here.  8)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2446 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »

Let's see here. In the same paragraph you called me chicken little AND you said this is possibly a tuneup for Putin's big one...sounds a little confused as usual!    :ROFL:

This is painful.  Yes, you are correct; I messed up.

It reads correctly if I had called you a chicken-hearted coward rather than Chicken Little. 

You feel better?  Now take your Gold Star and put it on the door to your fridge. 

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2447 on: February 09, 2015, 07:18:18 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2448 on: February 09, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »
This is painful.  Yes, you are correct; I messed up.

It reads correctly if I had called you a chicken-hearted coward rather than Chicken Little. 

You feel better?  Now take your Gold Star and put it on the door to your fridge.

Yes you did mess up!

I'm delighted to see that the old man is upset and name-calling yet again over a difference in opinion.  Now to the point, I continue to see no value in sending first  'defensive' weapons, then genuine 'offensive' weapons...then 'advisers' then troops into Ukraine and parts beyond....I see that as stupidity and not in our own best interests, or the world's. 
You may keep my gold star as a reminder of your many missteps.  :D

Fathertime!   

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2449 on: February 09, 2015, 07:37:06 PM »

You may keep my gold star as a reminder of your many missteps.  :D

Many?  Just one with you (but don't talk to my wife).  Yet, my one mistake is one more than you because you have never admitted to being wrong. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1799
Most Online Ever: 12701