It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1089033 times)

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3850 on: December 09, 2015, 09:30:21 AM »
Mostly redundant gas and untrue whiny complaints about 'shout downs'..bottom line is that there is a plan in place going forward, if there is a significant breach by either side, it will be dealt with (as it should be), but not the way you would like......YOUR idea of military attack and war has been carefully placed on the back burner for now.   You are an un-useful (useless) idiot for your terroristic ideas...since your ideas have been shutdown by the current leadership....your kneejerk fear-laden 'bomb first' response has been rejected.

The significance of a level deal, and level-head responses, by default means you, and your impulsive responses are off the table.  Nations are not going to agree with the lopsided agreements you would prefer by threat of force.

Just more of your BS and trolling.

You simply can't answer to Iran's flagrant breaches of Obama's sellout in the links I've provided or refute the fact I've again caught you in yet another lie.

All you can hope for is piling on this avalanche of unintelligent lies, propaganda and supplicant adoration of your terrorist leaders will somehow deflect from the truth of the matter that the criminals you so ardently admire and fluff for are, even as I post this message, inexorably marching towards nuclear breakout.

Brass 

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3851 on: December 09, 2015, 09:59:11 AM »
Just more of your BS and trolling.

You simply can't answer to Iran's flagrant breaches  .

YOU are unable to accept that Iran has struck a deal with the western nations.

Iran has breached the earlier UN resolution, that is not surprising, they never accepted it to begin with and have already stated that they won't.  The latest deal they were a part of and all parties are expected to hold up their end. 

All you can hope and pray for is that somehow there is some setup or breach so you get your wish of bombing another Muslim country that you would like to see be dominated.  To this point your wishes are being ignored, and you are angrily and haplessly whining loudly on the back burner....where you belong.  :D

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3852 on: December 09, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »

YOU are unable to accept that Iran has struck a deal with the western nations.

Iran has breached the earlier UN resolution, that is not surprising, they never accepted it to begin with and have already stated that they won't.  The latest deal they were a part of and all parties are expected to hold up their end.

All you can hope and pray for is that somehow there is some setup or breach so you get your wish of bombing another Muslim country that you would like to see be dominated.  To this point your wishes are being ignored, and you are angrily and haplessly whining loudly on the back burner....where you belong.  :D

You are even a bigger idiot than you come across as or you're lying again. As I've already caught you out lying on several occasions just on this topic alone, I'll assume the latter...

Iran tests a second ballistic missile since US nuclear deal

..."Ballistic missiles are especially sensitive with Iran because they could provide the delivery system for a nuclear warhead. As part of nuclear negotiations with world powers, Iran accepted an eight-year extension of a UN ban on its ballistic missile program. A Western diplomatic source said that the test of a Ghadr-110, a spin-off of the Shahab-3 missile, was held near Chabahar, a port city near Iran’s border with Pakistan."...

www.theaustralian.com

Iran violated nuclear deal with second ballistic missile test last month, U.S. officials say

U.S. officials believe the test was conducted Nov. 21 from the city of Chabahar -- which would be a violation of a 2010 United Nations Security Council resolution.

The resolution still stands as an international law until the nuclear deal that was reached in June, which also bars such tests for eight years, is implemented.

www.upi.com

You still continue to walk the path of ignorance and servitude to your Iranian terrorist heroes and persist in defending their flagrant breaches of the Obama sellout even as they prepare for their nuclear break out right in front of your eyes.

As the Iranians again thumb their noses at Obama and the world your repetitive mewling becomes increasingly irrelevant.

Brass

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3853 on: December 09, 2015, 04:39:08 PM »
You are even a bigger idiot than you come across as or you're lying again. As I've already caught you out lying on several occasions just on this topic alone, I'll assume the latter...

Iran tests a second ballistic missile since US nuclear deal

..."Ballistic missiles are especially sensitive with Iran because they could provide the delivery system for a nuclear warhead. As part of nuclear negotiations with world powers, Iran accepted an eight-year extension of a UN ban on its ballistic missile program. A Western diplomatic source said that the test of a Ghadr-110, a spin-off of the Shahab-3 missile, was held near Chabahar, a port city near Iran’s border with Pakistan."...

www.theaustralian.com

Iran violated nuclear deal with second ballistic missile test last month, U.S. officials say

U.S. officials believe the test was conducted Nov. 21 from the city of Chabahar -- which would be a violation of a 2010 United Nations Security Council resolution.

The resolution still stands as an international law until the nuclear deal that was reached in June, which also bars such tests for eight years, is implemented.

www.upi.com

You still continue to walk the path of ignorance and servitude to your Iranian terrorist heroes and persist in defending their flagrant breaches of the Obama sellout even as they prepare for their nuclear break out right in front of your eyes.

As the Iranians again thumb their noses at Obama and the world your repetitive mewling becomes increasingly irrelevant.

Brass

Geez, what an angry knucklehead!

I really think you need to go back to school or something.  You are completely detached from reality on this issue!   Iran has not agreed to abide by to the prior resolution....if they had, the deal wouldn't be necessary, in addition, the world powers that UNANIMOUSLY agreed to the deal would have reacted...or perhaps once again, you think you know better than ALL the world powers!  :rolleyes:

It is rather humorous reading you flailing away to no avail regarding Iran.  Obviously your aggressive view is not deemed very important or intelligent.  Look! Another week is passing again and the deal is STILL moving forward and you have egg/mud on your angry face, while the rest of the world can celebrate the achievement.

Fathertime!

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3854 on: December 10, 2015, 01:17:23 AM »

On this website not only was 30 dollar oil wrongfully predicted, but also 20 dollar oil was also wrongfully predicted.  To this point, 40 dollar oil is where it has leveled off at, and 30 dollar oil would require another 25% drop.

Fathertime!

Well, it's now thirty something and falling - I am glad you aren't my futures man  ;D

I'm teasing you, FT

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3855 on: December 10, 2015, 02:36:34 AM »
Well, it's now thirty something and falling - I am glad you aren't my futures man  ;D

I'm teasing you, FT

Along with the "genius"  that urged  forum members to buy big into roubles about a year ago or so- it shows a moronic ability to be ridiculous! Where  is  that Manny now?

If he took his own advice it will soon take about 1/3 of the time to count the rubble that is left of his roubles !!   :D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3856 on: December 10, 2015, 05:08:39 AM »

I'm teasing you, FT

Hehe MS, I see oil is at 37 or so, the lowest it has been, but not much less than 40....which still isn't 30 or 20. I had a bet 1 year ago with a former member here regarding oil price being 20 by now, he is no longer here, but if he was, he would need to pay up.   Overall I read what some of the experts like Goldman Sachs say, yet it is still hard for me to believe we will have oil much lower than it is currently for a long length of time...but in 2009 I believe we were a little lower than now, but not by much and it was brief.  I'm good with it staying at this low level since we have several cars and don't want to pay more than is necessary for gasoline...and California prices are pretty high compared to the other states...although we are down to as low as 2.39 as of yesterday. 

Along with the "genius"  that urged  forum members to buy big into roubles about a year ago or so- it shows a moronic ability to be ridiculous! Where  is  that Manny now?

If he took his own advice it will soon take about 1/3 of the time to count the rubble that is left of his roubles !!   :D

I'm sure that man's prediction on rubles was incorrect, just as your ridiculous predictions have been throughout.

Fathertime! 

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3857 on: December 10, 2015, 10:42:11 AM »

Geez, what an angry knucklehead!

I really think you need to go back to school or something.  You are completely detached from reality on this issue!   Iran has not agreed to abide by to the prior resolution....if they had, the deal wouldn't be necessary, in addition, the world powers that UNANIMOUSLY agreed to the deal would have reacted...or perhaps once again, you think you know better than ALL the world powers!  :rolleyes:

It is rather humorous reading you flailing away to no avail regarding Iran.  Obviously your aggressive view is not deemed very important or intelligent.  Look! Another week is passing again and the deal is STILL moving forward and you have egg/mud on your angry face, while the rest of the world can celebrate the achievement.

Your post is nothing but rehashed outright lies and trolling from beginning to end.

I've already completely debunked all your nonsensical disinformation and deflection in my post you actually had the gall to quote above (as an excuse to spew yet more of your terrorist hero worship, no doubt) including the bolded sentences undeniably corroborating that Iran is already in willful contravention of the Obama sellout...

..."As part of nuclear negotiations with world powers, Iran accepted an eight-year extension of a UN ban on its ballistic missile program....

..."the nuclear deal that was reached in June, which also bars such tests for eight years, is implemented....

You are a contemptible troll who has neither the honesty or integrity to admit you're a subversive sympathizer so you continue to ignore the factual information contained in my posts and substitute loathsome deceitful narratives to try and deflect from your own glaring ignorance, hatred of your country and reverent deference to your terrorist idols.

Brass

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:45:58 AM by Brasscasing »

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3858 on: December 10, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
Your post is nothing but rehashed outright lies and trolling from beginning to end.

I've already completely debunked all your nonsensical disinformation and deflection in my post you actually had the gall to quote above (as an excuse to spew yet more of your terrorist hero worship, no doubt) including the bolded sentences undeniably corroborating that Iran is already in willful contravention of the Obama sellout...

..."As part of nuclear negotiations with world powers, Iran accepted an eight-year extension of a UN ban on its ballistic missile program....

..."the nuclear deal that was reached in June, which also bars such tests for eight years, is implemented....

You are a contemptible troll who has neither the honesty or integrity to admit you're a subversive sympathizer so you continue to ignore the factual information contained in my posts and substitute loathsome deceitful narratives to try and deflect from your own glaring ignorance, hatred of your country and reverent deference to your terrorist idols.

Brass

:ROFL:

I will have to assume that you are angrily and intentionally misstating  the fine print regarding ballistic missiles....If Iran was in obvious breach the deal would be off...yet it moves forward UNANIMOUSLY!   There really is no way around it...you are entirely wrong and perhaps willfully ignorant.   All the huffing and puffing doesn't make a bit of difference.  Iran has no nukes and the deal insures they won't anytime soon...you are merely furious that that events are proving you wrong, and you don't get to see bombs fall on a people you obviously loath. 

Fathertime! 

Offline BdHvA

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3859 on: December 10, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
Perhaps you should browse around Victoria Secret. Your brain is cold.

Ballistic and Intercontinental Delivery Systems were never mentioned, covered or are any part of the agreement/negotiations.

The discussion is about two different understandings/resolutions.

Please try to stay current because you seems like you are riding an ass facing backwards.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:25:28 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3860 on: December 10, 2015, 06:55:23 PM »

Ballistic and Intercontinental Delivery Systems were never mentioned, covered or are any part of the agreement/negotiations.

Please try to stay current because you seems like you are riding an ass facing backwards.
You must be addressing me, although frustrated guy, extremely eager for world war was the fine fellow who brought up ballistic missiles...right here

Anything else?   Enjoy Victoria Secret solo on your donkey!

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3861 on: December 11, 2015, 11:09:03 AM »
Here is a balanced article discussing the Iran deal!  Makes a lot of sense on how to move forward, and discusses those few that attempt to use or say ANYTHING to recklessly TRY to torpedo the deal.   

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-building-nuclear-bomb-165142436.html

Iran Was Building a Nuclear Bomb, So What?
.....Others, too, are unhappy. My friends at the Institute for Science and International Security (aka The Good ISIS), though officially neutral on the merits of Der Wienerplan, are crying in their coffee over the draft resolution. Here is wishing them a speedy transition into the final phase of the grieving process: acceptance. The “Possible Military Dimensions” file is closed.Closure of the file, however, has not brought emotional closure. Iran didn’t confess to a pre-2003 weapons program, though the evidence assembled by the IAEA should convince all but the most hardened Internet troll that Iran was working to build a bomb before 2003. Not that Tehran would ever confess such a thing. As I have argued before, a confession wouldn’t have improved the IAEA’s understanding of Iran’s past efforts to build a bomb, but it would have been used by those who wanted to undermine the agreement. I call this the cookie problem: “Drawing attention to something unwelcome often overwhelms any credit you get for taking steps to address that problem. Even if other people are objectively better off, you will only suffer for bringing it up.”.....

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3862 on: December 12, 2015, 10:28:09 AM »

:ROFL:

I will have to assume that you are angrily and intentionally misstating  the fine print regarding ballistic missiles....If Iran was in obvious breach the deal would be off...yet it moves forward UNANIMOUSLY!   There really is no way around it...you are entirely wrong and perhaps willfully ignorant.   All the huffing and puffing doesn't make a bit of difference.  Iran has no nukes and the deal insures they won't anytime soon...you are merely furious that that events are proving you wrong, and you don't get to see bombs fall on a people you obviously loath. 

You must be addressing me, although frustrated guy, extremely eager for world war was the fine fellow who brought up ballistic missiles...right here

Anything else?   Enjoy Victoria Secret solo on your donkey!

Resolution 2231 (2015)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 7488th meeting, on
20 July 2015

1. Endorses the JCPOA, and urges its full implementation on the timetable established in the JCPOA;

2. Calls upon all Members States, regional organizations and international organizations to take such actions as may be appropriate to support the implementation of the JCPOA, including by taking actions commensurate with the implementation plan set out in the JCPOA and this resolution and by refraining from actions that undermine implementation of commitments under the JCPOA;

3. Requests the Director General of the IAEA to undertake the necessary verification and monitoring of Iran’s nuclear-related commitments for the full duration of those commitments under the JCPOA, and reaffirms that Iran shall cooperate fully as the IAEA requests to be able to resolve all outstanding issues, as identified in IAEA reports;

..."Annex B: Statement

..."Statement
China, France, Germany, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the European Union have concluded with Iran a Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) to reach a comprehensive, long-term and proper solution to the Iranian nuclear issue. To improve transparency and create an atmosphere conducive to the full implementation of the JCPOA, China, France, Germany, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the European Union have set forth below certain provisions.  Their participation in the JCPOA is contingent upon the United Nations Security Council adopting a new resolution that would, acting under Article 41 of the UN Charter: terminate resolutions 1696 (2006), 1737 (2006), 1747 (2007), 1803 (2008), 1835 (2008), 1929 (2010), and 2224 (2015); require States to comply with the provisions in this statement for their respective durations; and facilitate, in cooperation with the Joint Commission established in the JCPOA, implementation of the JCPOA as provided in paragraphs 2 and 6(a) below."...

..."As provided by a resolution so deciding, the following provisions would apply on the date on which the IAEA Director General submits a report verifying that Iran has taken the actions specified in paragraph 15.1-15.11 of Annex V of the JCPOA:"...

..."This paragraph shall apply until the date ten years after JCPOA Adoption Day, as defined in the JCPOA, except if the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion before that date, then the requirement to obtain approval in advance by the Security Council shall be suspended immediately and, beginning on the date of this suspension, the exceptions provided for in this paragraph shall continue to apply and all States may participate in and permit the activities set forth in this paragraph if they notify the Security Council and the Joint Commission at least ten working days in advance of each such activity on a case-by-case basis.

3. Iran is called upon not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology, until the date eight years after the JCPOA Adoption Day or until the date on which the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion, whichever is earlier."...

http://www.un.org/en/sc/inc/pages/pdf/pow/RES2231E.pdf

I can't make it any more simple or conclusive than the JCPOA (contained in the link) and the resulting UN Resolution (the UN being) on who's behalf and authority the P5+1 were negotiating under in the first place.

Brass

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:36:32 AM by Brasscasing »

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3863 on: December 12, 2015, 10:59:41 AM »
Here is a balanced article discussing the Iran deal!  Makes a lot of sense on how to move forward, and discusses those few that attempt to use or say ANYTHING to recklessly TRY to torpedo the deal.   

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-building-nuclear-bomb-165142436.html

Iran Was Building a Nuclear Bomb, So What?
.....Others, too, are unhappy. My friends at the Institute for Science and International Security (aka The Good ISIS), though officially neutral on the merits of Der Wienerplan, are crying in their coffee over the draft resolution. Here is wishing them a speedy transition into the final phase of the grieving process: acceptance. The “Possible Military Dimensions” file is closed.Closure of the file, however, has not brought emotional closure. Iran didn’t confess to a pre-2003 weapons program, though the evidence assembled by the IAEA should convince all but the most hardened Internet troll that Iran was working to build a bomb before 2003. Not that Tehran would ever confess such a thing. As I have argued before, a confession wouldn’t have improved the IAEA’s understanding of Iran’s past efforts to build a bomb, but it would have been used by those who wanted to undermine the agreement. I call this the cookie problem: “Drawing attention to something unwelcome often overwhelms any credit you get for taking steps to address that problem. Even if other people are objectively better off, you will only suffer for bringing it up.”.....

This Jeffrey Lewis who writes articles like this?...

It’s a Damn Good Deal

..."Don't listen to the inevitable naysayers right now — there's a decade of juicy "leaks" about Iranian malfeasance to come."...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/07/14/its-a-damn-good-deal-iran-nuclear-agreement-joint-comprehensive-plan-of-action/

Yeah, that's "a balanced article discussing the Iran deal!" , alright...Another op-ed from a rabid pro Obama sellout propagandist.  :rolleyes:

Brass

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3864 on: December 12, 2015, 01:03:26 PM »
..Another op-ed from a rabid pro Obama sellout propagandist.  :rolleyes:

Around halfway [3:00] this video gets pretty scary..
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3865 on: December 13, 2015, 02:45:41 AM »
That Russia’s “financial assistance” package came six days later was no coincidence. It wasn’t $3 billion dollars of “assistance” that was offered, in fact it was $15 billion. And a 1/3 reduction in the price of gas. This was an attempt to buy an end to Maidan. It was so huge that there was no way the ordinary men and women on Maidan could fight against it. The mood was glum while the people and the politicians struggled to find an adequate response and Yanukovych was already calculating how much he could steal and Putin really didn’t care.

What was not known at that time though was that in structuring this bribe, sorry, debt instrument between two sovereign nations, they’d been a little bit too clever. And, fortunately, they’d also agreed that any disputes would be referred to an English court.

There’s a provision in the agreement that there could be no set off, essentially, this means that Ukraine cannot refuse to pay this debt by offsetting it against some other debt that Russia might owe to Ukraine. We have to ask, how and why might Russia end up indebted to Ukraine? What considerations were being factored in for this unusual clause to be included? The net flow of cash for all of Ukraine’s independence has always been the other way, largely (but not only) because of gas purchases.

It is perfectly normal that Russia says that they are suing over an unpaid $3 billion debt, what else are they going to do? Let’s see how the appearance of this strange provision in the agreement can be explained, in an English court, as anything other than a tacit admission that there were plans to seize Crimea or other Ukrainian lands and that those plans were considered seriously enough to warrant this no offset provision as early as 17th of December 2013.

See you in court, Russia

Russia’s finance minister penned a brief opinion piece for the Financial Times a few days ago. Topic: the Ukrainian $3 billion Eurobond debt that his country holds.

At around the same time, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev expressed his opinion that Ukraine will not pay this money back because the Ukrainians are “swindlers”- to use his words.

Russian President Vladimir Putin hasn’t commented on this matter, probably because he has been too busy preparing for his speech of gratitude for 10 years of loyal and valuable service from the nice people over at RT.

Some commentators have suggested that Kyiv should not repay this money, not least in part as compensation for the damages caused by Russia’s temporary occupation of Crimea. I disagree, I think matters should be compartmentalized, Crimea is Crimea and that matter must be dealt with in an appropriate forum and through necessary channels, conflating the question of Crimea with this debt or any other matter doesn’t help to see things for what they are. Russia’s annexation of Ukrainian territory was an illegal act of military aggression, the “referendum” that followed had neither legitimacy nor credibility, and the announced results were obviously an insult to intelligence. Let’s not cloud those basics of that matter with anything at all.

There’s also a suggestion that the $3 billion shouldn’t be repaid and this sum should instead be treated as reparations for the damage caused by the unprovoked war in the east of Ukraine. It’s not hard to see why some would argue that perspective. For certain though, $3 billion is nowhere near enough for the rebuilding costs, let alone compensation. Again though, I disagree with this course of action.
http://www.kyivpost.com/article/opinion/op-ed/paul-niland-see-you-in-court-russia-404070.html

translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3866 on: December 13, 2015, 10:52:54 AM »
Around halfway [3:00] this video gets pretty scary..

Thanks for this, tfcrew.

He presents a valid argument. From the comments section this vid is an addendum to a report/documentary (2016) I'm going to watch when I can find the time.

D'Souza touches on Obama's politics being shaped by his father. Seven years ago I presented a similar argument and I think when the Obama presidency is finished this very much over looked aspect of what influenced Obama's decision making process as it related to foreign policy will be examined more closely.

Brass

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:56:05 AM by Brasscasing »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3867 on: December 13, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »
The predictions made some time ago are getting closer everyday now. Russia continues to try and bluff ( in how many different areas are they doing that?) it;s way past problems as it gambles for time. 2  years ago it was clear that Russian cash reserves were no where near what was claimed- and now almost exhausted.
 While the collapse of the rouble has masked the depth of the economic problems and the extent of the recession( also predicted a long time ago!!)  that will not apply for much longer.
 Putin is desperate to get sanctions lifted( you  all know about the sanctions--the ones that were not going to affect Russia-right !! LoL)
The irony is that Putin does not want to concede anything-he still thinks he can go on thumbing his nose at the world. Funnily enough-- all Russia needs to do to re-join the world is get out of Ukraine-all of Ukraine and stop Russia's ridiculous posturing-- and become a decent world citizen- and they would be welcomed.How long will it take for the Russian people to wake up?
  Below is interesting assessment of immediate future -- and another miscalculation by Russia.

Russia plans $40 a barrel oil for next seven years as Saudi showdown intensifies

'We will live in a different reality,' said a top Kremlin official. The message is aimed squarely at Saudi Arabia in a war for market share

Russia is battening down the hatches for a Biblical collapse in oil revenues, warning that crude prices could stay as low as $40 a barrel for another seven years.
Maxim Oreshkin, the deputy finance minister, said the country is drawing up plans based on a price band fluctuating between $40 to $60 as far out as 2022, a scenario that would have devastating implications for Opec.
It would also spell disaster for the North Sea producers, Brazil’s off-shore projects, and heavily indebted Western producers. “We will live in a different reality,” he told a breakfast forum hosted by Russian newspaper Vedomosti.
The cold blast from Moscow came as US crude plunged to $35.56, pummelled by continuing fall-out from the acrimonious Organisaton of Petrol Exporting Countries meeting last week. Record short positions by hedge funds have amplified the effect.
Bank of America said there was now the risk of “full-blown price war” within Opec itself as Saudi Arabia and Iran fight out a bitter strategic rivalry through the oil market.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12046185/russia-opec-saudi-arabia-bluff-40-oil-price.html

Offline alex330

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3868 on: December 13, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »

Russia is battening down the hatches for a Biblical collapse in oil revenues, warning that crude prices could stay as low as $40 a barrel for another seven years.

And what happens when the alternative energy solutions begin to hit the market in the next 10 years?

http://www.sciencealert.com/german-has-just-successfully-fired-up-a-revolutionary-nuclear-fusion-machine

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3869 on: December 13, 2015, 05:14:38 PM »
And what happens when the alternative energy solutions begin to hit the market in the next 10 years?

http://www.sciencealert.com/german-has-just-successfully-fired-up-a-revolutionary-nuclear-fusion-machine

Ongoing developments highlight how much damage the Russian kleptocracy has done and is doing to Russia. Governments need to manage the good times to ease the pain of not so good times and develop economies in a more rounded sense.
The Russian people at large are going to be the big losers for a long time into the future and will pay the price for allowing the assets of Russia to be stolen by the few.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3870 on: December 15, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »

I think that the unicorn farts, rainbow mists and fairy dust have been in the news
since I was a teenage boy reading Popular Science. Even if a revolutionary nuclear
fusion machine became reality the environmentalists wouldn't allow one to be built
in the USA. It wouldn't scale. You would have to build thousands of them to replace
even a small percentage of carbons and the environmentalists would battle to the
death on every single one of them, thousands and thousands of times.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline alex330

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3872 on: December 15, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
On this website not only was 30 dollar oil wrongfully predicted, but also 20 dollar oil was also wrongfully predicted.  To this point, 40 dollar oil is where it has leveled off at, and 30 dollar oil would require another 25% drop.

Don't worry, it will be here soon...

"Everything indicates that low oil prices are likely to dominate next year. And it is possible that at some periods [the oil price] will be $30 per barrel," Siluanov was quoted as saying by Russian state-run news agencies.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/14/news/economy/russia-30-oil-budget/

Offline alex330

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3873 on: December 15, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »
I think that the unicorn farts, rainbow mists and fairy dust have been in the news
since I was a teenage boy reading Popular Science. Even if a revolutionary nuclear
fusion machine became reality the environmentalists wouldn't allow one to be built
in the USA. It wouldn't scale. You would have to build thousands of them to replace
even a small percentage of carbons and the environmentalists would battle to the
death on every single one of them, thousands and thousands of times.

Well, the technology is not new and should the reactor fail to run off unicorn farts there are other alternatives that are fast being adopted and researched. Costa Rica is now carbon neutral and a number of other countries on it's heels. None of it from new technology really. I can imagine the latest fiasco with Russia is not slowing down R&D in this area.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3874 on: December 15, 2015, 08:46:44 PM »
Don't worry, it will be here soon...

"Everything indicates that low oil prices are likely to dominate next year. And it is possible that at some periods [the oil price] will be $30 per barrel," Siluanov was quoted as saying by Russian state-run news agencies.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/14/news/economy/russia-30-oil-budget/
$36.88 at the moment....still a way off of 30...but yeah it has been getting closer....been reading the 30 and 20 dollar predictions for over a year now. Even read here that Russia would collapse at 40 dollar oil, but that didn't happen. That said, oil is low and that is mostly good for me personally, and not good for Russia and other large oil producers. The glut hasn't been coupled with a serious recession here in the states yet, and hopefully won't be.

Fathertime!   
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:48:19 PM by fathertime »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1993
Most Online Ever: 12701