It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods  (Read 82239 times)

Offline remiel6

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »
without discussing athletes for a moment; hollywood worked hard and spent money in the early days of the film industry to create stars. It was very rare pre 1920's for a stage performer to become "world famous" it happened, but it was rare. It was a necessity because it is easier to sell to a public a "valentino" film than it is a film about xxx. The "star" power was deemed a necessity to be able to put out a product in 2000 locations at one time that could draw people to the theater to see them.
As for the FHP, I have not lived in the Orlando area for a while, but if a town/city does not have it's own municipal police department then all disputes or calls would be handled either by the county sheriff or the state highway patrol. It would depend on what that community had worked out. Not sure what the deal is where he lived, only know that Orlando area is the "King" of all gated communities. They are like plants there. Drop a seed in the ground and "pop" out comes a new Golf course and a gated community, especially in a state with no state income taxes.
As for Tiger. I am curious to see what this does to his endorsement dollars. You can't sell yourself as perfect and then get away with this behavior. I really don't care what his reasons are. "Hey Dummy, you have the perfect life what the hell are you thinking?"
or to quote Bob Geldof "What the F**k is going on inside your head." 

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »
Tiger's my man and golf is simply NOT the same without him in it. So I know I shouldn't be doing this, but some of the stuff that's already out are just too funny! Apparently someone already made a ringtone out of the voicemail Tiger made to Rachel.  LOL!

...and this game is just hysterical. I scored a 50 on my second try...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »
1.  He's a an idiot.

2.  Throw his stuff out and call the best divorce lawyer I could find.

3.  See Number 2. We should not reward stupidity.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline docetae

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 05:25:49 AM »
The golfer Tiger Woods is arguably the world's most famous athlete (and very wealthy).  He was involved in a suspicious car accident last week and received some bruises and cuts to his head, enough to keep him from playing golf in a tournament important to him. 

The general opinion is that his wife Elin hit him with a golf club upon learning of his ongoing affairs with more than one woman.  Tiger said she did not.  If he had said she hit him, she would have been arrested and jailed for domestic violence.

A summary can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods#Car_accident_and_alleged_affairs

What is the RW opinion regarding:

1.  Tiger's extramarital affairs while having a beautiful wife at home with two children:  a baby and a toddler.

2.  If you were married to Tiger, what would have been your reaction  upon learning of the affairs?

3.  What would you do now, after the accident?  (If you divorced him now you would have received significant money but very small to what you receive if you stay married to him.  Supposedly Elin is now renegotiang her prenup.)

Private life is private life. All comments are just voyeurism. I hate the north american way to deal with that with people making public apologies. etc.
I don't care about people do in their life. TW is a golfer, let judge him on his golf performance (same for all men and other women).
If someone abuse law because of an affair, let him be judged on the law abuse, not because of the affair.

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes Oscar Wilde

Offline Nat

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 06:39:04 AM »
I doubt this to be a virtual situation with Tiger. Too many news agencies/magazines can get sued and as anxious as Tiger is to clean up his name, he would do it if it were all untrue. As of now, the news agencies are not afraid of getting sued. Just as Monica kept the semen stained dress courtesy of Bill Clinton, one of Tiger's mistresses has kept some of the text messages Tiger sent her. Tiger can talk nasty. Wink Tiger's mistresses can make tons of money if they talk or provide more evidence and that's why Tiger may offer a bribe to shut them up.

Celebrities can't pick an choose when they want to be in the spotlight. Good or bad they are in it. If they don't like the attention, they should stop being a celebrity.

Well, but is he a voluntary celebrity? He's an athlete, not a Paris Hilton :) Yes, there certainly are people like Paris who live off gossips and extravagant behaviour, such people voluntary show their personal life in front of public. But athletes, singers, actors - why can't people just let them do their job? Besides, as I said it before, can you really know what kind of relationship he and his wife really have? What was their family life like? How much respect did they have to each other, being a husband and a wife? We don't know much - only the information which was published by yellow press :) So only virtual situation about TW can me imagined :)

Offline remiel6

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 07:15:59 AM »
Tiger words net worth

Golf: 80 million
Endorsement money: 880 million.

Tiger woods profession is paid endorser. That is what he does. If he wanted to only play golf and be left alone then all he had to do was turn down the endorsement money. It's really that simple. For those who think its not. Springsteen turned down 12 million dollars for the use of "Born in the USA" from Chevy, and has turned down all other endorsement dollars. His political statements he does not get paid for. If you make 880 million dollars off of not just your golf ability, but your clean cut, Stanford educated, pretty wife with pretty kids Image. You cannot seriously be offended when people pull the curtain back to reveal that the wizard of the golf world is a goon and they get upset by it. If tiger wants to be left alone it was real simple, don't take the money.
Tiger is not just getting attention for having affairs, after all if John Daley did these things we wouldn't bat an eye. He is getting attention because these things conflict with the packaged media name both he, his agents, and the PGA have set up for him. Perhaps he didn't want it anymore and this was his way of getting out. I don't know I am not tiger, but I don't feel sorry for him. He created the mess he can deal with it. I'm sure if he gave away the 880 million dollars to charity tommorrow we would all forget about his escalade in 2 seconds.

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 07:17:41 AM »
Well, but is he a voluntary celebrity? He's an athlete, not a Paris Hilton :) Yes, there certainly are people like Paris who live off gossips and extravagant behaviour, such people voluntary show their personal life in front of public. But athletes, singers, actors - why can't people just let them do their job?

Yes, because he *IS* a "voluntary celebrity".  But it is not the golf that makes him one, but selling himself for endorsements to all so many corporations for 10X the amount he makes winning tournaments.

If he just played golf, and went home, then people should allow him his anonymity.  But if he wishes to make a fortune as a spokesperson to what purchasing choices to make with our money (which pays his endorsement contracts), then he certainly should be open to scrutiny.

Offline docetae

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »
why should he be open to scrutinity ? to satisfy your need of gossip ? To see that famous people are not so perfect ? I just find all of this insane. Probably a shock of culture (I am french).

Offline remiel6

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »
Because he created the mess he made. He created the image that he himself is tearing apart. Listen everyone deserves a modicum of privacy, but the public, as well as the companies that pay him deserve to know if he is worthy of thier adoration or not. All he had to do was play golf, and he didn't "have" to do that. He did not. He took 880 million dollars to sell us cars and shirts, and golf clubs, and whatever else he gets paid to endorse. He put himself in the public eye. Hell he's on my TV more than Paris hilton is.

Offline groovlstk

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »
why should he be open to scrutinity ? to satisfy your need of gossip ? To see that famous people are not so perfect ? I just find all of this insane. Probably a shock of culture (I am french).

Subsitute Roman Polanski for Tiger Woods and you'll have a better understanding  :-X

Offline docetae

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 08:13:58 AM »
you mix one man who raped a 13 years old girl and one who cheated his wife ? Your moral perspective are very strange....
To have an affair in France is seen as something totally private (like sexual orientation) even if the person is public. Do a little search on Felix Faure, Mazarine Pingeot and you will understand what I mean.

The worst that can happen is to have people laughing on you ...
(last case with former president Chirac) - video is in french but needs no word...the woman doing the speech is his wife..

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRnr2MF98h4&feature=related[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:16:12 AM by docetae »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 08:27:20 AM »
Actually, the only thing Tiger 'sells' is his golf, and he's darn good at it too. Arguably the best ever.

However, his endorsements are contractual. Contracts carry a commitment to carry and maintain a standard above everyone else. In a sense, he becomes the sponsor's top salesman. He took on an obligation to uphold that standard and earn the public's adoration, and more importantly, trust. The latest event is, in so many ways, a betrayal of that trust and abandoned adoration.

Do this give the public a pass to infringe in his private life? Absolutely not. Whether you agree with it or not - no one I know really has. Whatever you read, hear, or see today regarding this matter is the frenzied consumption of information, some real / some not, that unfortunately are already made public. That is the consequence of what may happen when you submit to reap the rewards of being in the public eye.

He sold himself to the public. Period.

Tiger is getting judged based on the image he made for himself today. Much the same way the public bought into, and the products he endorsed, the image he once portrayed.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:40:29 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline tim 360

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »
Tiger is one of the top golfers of all time, but his real money comes from his product endorsements and product advertising.  These corporations want their product/service to be associated with a proven winner who had an absolutely fantastic PR image.  The Tiger Brand.  That is what the corporations buy for all their millions they lavish on him.  For the public that Tiger Brand has lost its previous lustre.  Tiger's image has changed.  Now many will still see him as a a great golfer, but some will view him as a chump--especially if his "brand" needs to continue to buy off more ladies for their silence.
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 09:16:43 AM »
you mix one man who raped a 13 years old girl and one who cheated his wife ? Your moral perspective are very strange....

My comment had nothing to do with the severity of their indiscretions, but the cult of celebrity. If you wish to criticize someone's moral perspective, I suggest you start with the French culture minister who similarly labeled Americans as philistines for trying to extradite a great artist like Polanski. He toned down his rhetoric though when the international press began to quote passages from his autobiography wherein he bragged about having sex with children in Thailand.

Offline docetae

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »
Status of celebrity has nothing to do with private life. This approach is culturally more developed in US and Canada than in Europe. About french minister, please write about what you know. Did you read his book ? No. I did.  He is a fine writer and it was a novel with autobiographic parts, not an autobiography and the comment was about sex with men in their 20 something when he was in his late 40. Should we say the same about members on this forum ?

The attack was coming from far right and pushed by old friends of him (he is leftist and part of a right government). It was successful even if not funded as even people in US seems to know about it now...

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
There is nothing that can turn up media (and this forum is) volume like sex.

Have noted that many other countries' media outlets are trying to do the same but can't quite get the full blown effect that can be achieved in the US.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »
Status of celebrity has nothing to do with private life. This approach is culturally more developed in US and Canada than in Europe. About french minister, please write about what you know. Did you read his book ? No. I did.  He is a fine writer and it was a novel with autobiographic parts, not an autobiography and the comment was about sex with men in their 20 something when he was in his late 40. Should we say the same about members on this forum ?

The attack was coming from far right and pushed by old friends of him (he is leftist and part of a right government). It was successful even if not funded as even people in US seems to know about it now...

I see, so it was all just a smear campaign. My bad, never mind then! Next time someone questions one of my misinformed posts here I'll simply claim I was incorporating a little fiction to add literary flair to my writing :) Now, can someone please tell me where I can sign a FREE POLANSKI petition?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

I'm happy when the media covers when a celebrity or politician does something wrong. We all know the value of promoting a celebrity with a squeaky clean image but some do not understand the value of showing his failures in life.

I have a 13 year old boy that's with me this weekend on visitation. He likes to buy products his favorite sports stars endorse. He likes girls and sees those rappers on MTV and think they're cool because they got the money and the girls.

It's times like these when a guy like Tiger Woods fails that I can win another battle to prevent him from idolizing these people. Over time he will begin to see people he loved, had faith in and that was bigger than life fail due to infidelity, drugs, steroids/cheating, violence, crime and going to jail. Today he tells me his thoughts that TW is wrong for deceiving his wife. I tell him "Although many celebrities and sports stars have wonderful talent, in many ways they aren't any better than you. You can respect their talent but you don't have to respect them." Tiger made big money being in the public spotlight setting an example to kids, now he is the example of what not to do in public spotlight. He does not have the right to choose when the cameras are on him or not. Sure it would be nice for politicians and celebrities to tell the media to go away on their bad days but think how crappy of a World this would be?

These past few days a lot of papas and mamas get to talk to their kids about a sports star falling and the issue about infidelity in marriage. Tiger's failings shown in the media spotlight for all World to see will not help his marriage but the sacrifice of adding pain to his marriage is well worth it if tens of thousand of kids get a little wiser that infidelity is not accepted and that nobody is bigger than life.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 12:11:58 PM »
Docetae's opinion reflects his culture.  It shows how much culture affects our values.  The widespread corruption in Russia has always bothered me because corruption is accepted as status quo, and such a culture surely colors personal values with regard to honesty, etc.   

Anyway, back to Docetae.  His opinion is best exemplified by something I remember from the Gary Hart presidential campaign in 1988.  Hart was the heavy favorite to become the Democratic nominee.   During the early part of the campaign, reporters proved he was having an extramarital affair with a pretty young woman:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hart#1988_presidential_campaign_and_the_Donna_Rice_affair

He soon dropped out of the presidential race because of the public backlash.

At the time I was in Europe and a friend read to me a  Paris editorial (Le Monde?) about the Hart-Rice affair.  The editor expresed dismay over Hart having to drop out, asserting that any French politician discovered to have a mistress that beautiful would win in a landslide.  :D

With Hart dropping out, the race became wide open and Dukakis eventually got the Democratic nomination.  Dukakis lost in a landslide to Reagan's VP, George HW Bush.

Offline Gator

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2009, 12:16:01 PM »

Question for you Gator:

The FHP oversaw the accident investigation in this event...maybe you can shed some light on this thing because I was surprised about this when I first heard the news.

TW's mansion is located inside an enclosed private community. The accident happend just outside his property's gate. Why is the Florida Highway Patrol involved in the investigation?

I don't know.  It must be because of some interagency agreement.  This is from the local newspaper;

Which Police Agency Has Jurisdiction In Woods’ Crash?

The Florida Highway Patrol is taking the lead in the investigation of Woods' accident.

However, it hasn’t kept a war of words from erupting between two other law enforcement agencies after comments were made by Windermere’s police chief Friday night.

“She was frantic. She was upset. Yeah, very upset. That was her husband laying on the ground, so she was pretty upset,” Police Chief Daniel Saylor said.

For a day or so, that was the only thing we knew about the low-speed crash.

In a release from the Orange County Sheriff's Office, Spokesman Jim Solomons stated "the city of Windermere, Florida has no jurisdiction in this investigation. Information provided by the city of Windermere may, in fact, be counterproductive to the ongoing investigation into this incident."

When News 13 contacted Chief Saylor Saturday evening, he declined to go on camera, but said he doesn't understand what was counterproductive in what he said.

The chief went on to say: "My officers were the first on the scene, and what they saw and told me was the truth. My comments were short and to the point. I don't know how the Orange County Sheriff's Office can label that counterproductive."

Offline tim 360

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2009, 01:22:05 PM »
Looks like girl #4 is lining up with her lawyer.
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2009, 03:56:49 PM »
Looks like girl #4 is lining up with her lawyer.

Aww Man! So he's hitting par...He really is starting to look like Gary Busey on a Saturday morning! He's really having a bad hole.

Tiger should've really known better than to push his ball with a stiff-shafted hybrid out of Kalika's rough because he'll likely end up in Uchitel's trap one more time then have to scramble from Grubbs' divot.

LOL.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »
Tiger is getting judged based on the image he made for himself today. Much the same way the public bought into, and the products he endorsed, the image he once portrayed.
Who is the PGA player most fined for cussing on the course?  Guess who.

Which is worse?
a) John Daly having a couple of beers in an adult only area, the Hooters booth in the hospitality tent after his round.
b) Cussing on national TV.  Cussing in front of 10 year olds after slicing your drives in the woods.

John was heavily burned by the media for his two beers with the Hooters bartender (a).
The media and fans have mostly overlooked (b).   Arnie or Jack would never behave in
that manner.

Hope JD makes a comeback. 
See you at Hooters.

Offline docetae

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2009, 06:13:55 AM »
Docetae's opinion reflects his culture.  It shows how much culture affects our values.  The widespread corruption in Russia has always bothered me because corruption is accepted as status quo, and such a culture surely colors personal values with regard to honesty, etc.   

Anyway, back to Docetae.  His opinion is best exemplified by something I remember from the Gary Hart presidential campaign in 1988.  Hart was the heavy favorite to become the Democratic nominee.   During the early part of the campaign, reporters proved he was having an extramarital affair with a pretty young woman:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hart#1988_presidential_campaign_and_the_Donna_Rice_affair

He soon dropped out of the presidential race because of the public backlash.

At the time I was in Europe and a friend read to me a  Paris editorial (Le Monde?) about the Hart-Rice affair.  The editor expresed dismay over Hart having to drop out, asserting that any French politician discovered to have a mistress that beautiful would win in a landslide.  :D

With Hart dropping out, the race became wide open and Dukakis eventually got the Democratic nomination.  Dukakis lost in a landslide to Reagan's VP, George HW Bush.

Yes...Sarkozy remembered it ... for memory, his wife cheated him before presidential, he went with a woman doing a tv show, after he met Carla Bruni and divorced from his previous wife two months after being elected.

Berlusconi is illustrating this too..

Moral has not the same definition on both sides of the atlantic...

Offline kievstar

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »
Tiger has been a sex addict prior to their marriage.  One of Tiger's hobbies is fishing with his buddy Mark O (people who know golf know who this is).  Since the late 1990's Mark and Tiger have gone on numerous fishing exhibitions to remote locations (pre and post marriage).  They also bring women with them.  How do I know - fishing is my hobby as well at very expensive remote locations.  Sometimes lodge owners get drunk and talk and show photos. 

Tiger got a prenup and views his wife as a contract.  He is a powerful man as being the highest paid athlete in the world.  Tiger is all about business.  You will not see him do many motivation speeches as he has always been an individual performer.  He is not a great team player. 

But Tiger's wife is no angel either.  Asking for more money makes her worse in my opinion.  Tiger is just treating her like the whore she is as well.  So two whores get married. 

My wife never heard of tiger before and when she saw a photo and since he was black did not want to discuss him. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1885
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM