It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 411493 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #350 on: April 21, 2014, 06:32:37 PM »
Does it somehow legitimize the ousting of the president? The answer is no.
Now what?

GQ-please read this very slowly and see if your brain can get this-- the ousting of Yanukovych was the legitimate act of the Ukraine parliament. The process of law was followed and a new interim coalition government formed-with a new interim President. The simple fact that Yanu's own party members voted against him ought to give you a clue --instead you follow an illogical piece of nonsense promoted by Putin that is simply in denial of the reality.
You really waste everyones time here promoting that nonsensical piece of Russian propaganda .

ps   I presume you are wearing 4/5" heels to get to 5'8"?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #351 on: April 21, 2014, 06:40:49 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #352 on: April 21, 2014, 07:34:07 PM »
GQ-please read this very slowly and see if your brain can get this-- the ousting of Yanukovych was the legitimate act of the Ukraine parliament. The process of law was followed and a new interim coalition government formed-with a new interim President. The simple fact that Yanu's own party members voted against him ought to give you a clue --instead you follow an illogical piece of nonsense promoted by Putin that is simply in denial of the reality.
You really waste everyones time here promoting that nonsensical piece of Russian propaganda .

I suggest you read... slowly, the Ukraine constitution.  The legal process to impeach a president is set forth within.  I know it has big words and such, but sound them out and ask for help.  We will gladly help you. 

I certainly hope you are not referring to the Ukraine constitution as Russian propaganda.  If so, I would have to take back the presumption of being able to help you.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:36:17 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #353 on: April 21, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
GQ-please read this very slowly....

There indeed is one born every minute and you were on the first minute.

::::thinking::::::

...the ousting of Yanukovych was the legitimate act of the Ukraine parliament. The process of law was followed and a new interim coalition government formed-with a new interim President. The simple fact that Yanu's own party members voted against him ought to give you a clue --instead you follow an illogical piece of nonsense promoted by Putin that is simply in denial of the reality. You really waste everyones time here promoting that nonsensical piece of Russian propaganda ....

LOL. I am impress you actually was able to put a few sentences together. What an improvement. For a while there I thought you can only cut and paste from the Yahoo press reruns.

...ps   I presume you are wearing 4/5" heels to get to 5'8"?...

Oh man, loser...well that really bothered me LOL.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:25:01 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Misha

« Reply #354 on: April 21, 2014, 08:25:48 PM »
An insightful analysis of the latest propaganda from the weekend. An excerpt:

"The Russian TV coverage of the story of the “Slavyansk slaughter” starting early  the morning of Easter Sunday contains a major blooper. The cache of so-called Right Sector paraphernalia, proudly displayed to prove its complicity, was already filmed  by Russian TV cameras  during the day of April 19 at least ten hours before the attack. (The camera crew did not bother to remove the date of the filming – the day of April 19). The April 19 film shows the same pile of Right Sector paraphernalia used the next day to prove Ukrainian extremist guilt in broadcasts throughout  Easter Sunday (April 20)! (I imagine some TV personnel are losing their jobs or worse)."

Elsewhere, a Russian source also notes that the footage of the "massacre" was uploaded to YouTube a few hours before the events allegedly took place  :popcorn:

Source: [size=78%]http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2014/04/20/putin-propagandists-caught-red-handed-again-pro-russian-self-defense-forces-capture-snipers-diapers/[/size]

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #355 on: April 21, 2014, 09:28:07 PM »
"The Russian TV coverage of the story of the “Slavyansk slaughter” starting early  the morning of Easter Sunday contains a major blooper. The cache of so-called Right Sector paraphernalia, proudly displayed to prove its complicity, was already filmed  by Russian TV cameras  during the day of April 19 at least ten hours before the attack. (The camera crew did not bother to remove the date of the filming – the day of April 19). The April 19 film shows the same pile of Right Sector paraphernalia used the next day to prove Ukrainian extremist guilt in broadcasts throughout  Easter Sunday (April 20)! (I imagine some TV personnel are losing their jobs or worse)."

Elsewhere, a Russian source also notes that the footage of the "massacre" was uploaded to YouTube a few hours before the events allegedly took place  :popcorn:

Are Forbes readers so naive they don't aware of a simple detail that YuoTube service shows Californian time of uploads? Time difference between California and Moscow is 11 hrs. 
So Misha, you has become one more victim of propaganda war, indeed  :)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #356 on: April 21, 2014, 09:39:33 PM »
I see that Biden the clown is in Ukraine....the hypocrite 'representatives' of the USA are threatening more sanctions if they don't get their way....

I say if the US imposes more sanctions, it will backfire and Russia will retaliate.   I believe we are wading in a little deeper now...don't think we should.  We should stay out.  I believe that most people here in the states don't want involvement to the point where it affects us.   

My belief is that the USA has been operating outside the law around the world for quite some time...other times we gerrymander laws to our suiting...  For us to whine and threaten another country is laughable.  We shall soon see if the 'king' is wearing any clothing, when nations begin to 'defy' our commands.   

http://news.yahoo.com/u-says-act-days-no-russian-action-ukraine-210040700.html

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #357 on: April 21, 2014, 09:41:09 PM »
Are Forbes readers so naive they don't aware of a simple detail that YuoTube service shows Californian time of uploads? Time difference between California and Moscow is 11 hrs. 

Time stamps on You tube aren't telling in any regard. Easily manipulated
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:43:27 PM by Faux Pas »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2014, 09:45:48 PM »
The legal process to impeach a president is set forth within. 

If Yanukovych wants to come back and be put on trial for his crimes for an impeachment, he's free to do so.

Why is impeachment the only thing you'd consider to get rid of a president? If a president dies, becomes mentally unstable, or leaves his post and country, a parliament of any nation can replace their president legally since the president can't perform his/her duties. Impeachment is for crimes, not lack of performance. Yanukovych wasn't put on trial for crimes...yet so he's removed since he abandoned his duties. New laws can't be passed without a president's signature and a country can't come to a halt because of one man. Ukraine has every right to replace their president since Yanukovych left the country and most people and nations of the world recognize Ukraine's current government.

Russia can take their opinion that Yanukovych is still the president and Ukraine currently has an illegitimate government to the UN and put it up for a vote. They'll be wasting their time. Russia and a few media outlets say Yanukovych was illegally impeached. That is wrong and some people have been drinking the kool aid. Yanukovych was dismiss because he couldn't perform his duties, not impeached over crimes.

Some people see Ukraine's current leaders as violent fascists. They see no difference between them and Hitler. One reason the UN recognizes Ukraine's current government and leaders is because they're trying to facilitate a quick, fair election May 25 instead of a hostile takeover installing themselves as rulers for life. Most nations will be comfortable doing business with Ukraine's new government after the elections if Russia doesn't screw it up first.

In other news Russia is blaming Ukraine for breaking the agreement with their hostilities and the Ukraine and the West is claiming Russia isn't pulling out their troops and leaving the government buildings. Anybody actually believe the agreement would last long?

I see that Biden the clown is in Ukraine....the hypocrite 'representatives' of the USA are threatening more sanctions if they don't get their way....

When will Obama learn sanctions don't work?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Misha

« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »

The article that refers to the time inconsistency is here:
[size=78%]http://gordonua.com/news/politics/Lifenews-zaranee-snyal-syuzhet-o-napadenii-Pravogo-sektora-na-blokpost-v-Slavyanske-19208.html?fb_action_ids=597595163672732&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B501937633265830%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map[/size][/font]

The video is here:

And, one of the comments addresses the issue of the time zone difference: "По инфе самого ютуба, это видео зааплоадили в 2014-04-20 в по ГМТ, то бишь в по Маскве. Шустрые, однако." Translation: the time of the video upload was 5:22AM, which would still be hours before the alleged incident even taking into account time zone differences :-X

Offline Belvis

« Reply #360 on: April 21, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »
You're undermining  Ukrainian counterpropaganda main argument in Slavyansk massacre case.

Offline Misha

« Reply #361 on: April 21, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »
You're undermining  Ukrainian counterpropaganda main argument in Slavyansk massacre case.

Actually, the time issue is just one of the inconsistencies. There was also the magic business card that can survive a fire, yet the phone number printed on the card was wrong... At some point, if you pile it too high, it all comes tumbling down...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #362 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »

When will Obama learn sanctions don't work?

Hey Billyb,

I don't think Obama has enough support to do anything much...the American people probably won't be behind him...and Russia will be willing to fight for this one...but I hear you...sanctions are perhaps the worst thing he could do, because it hurts us AND doesn't solve the problem...doing nothing would have been better imo.
Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Belvis

« Reply #363 on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »

The article that refers to the time inconsistency is here:
[size=78%]http://gordonua.com/news/politics/Lifenews-zaranee-snyal-syuzhet-o-napadenii-Pravogo-sektora-na-blokpost-v-Slavyanske-19208.html?fb_action_ids=597595163672732&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B501937633265830%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map[/size][/font]

What does this change? Still manipulation exploiting people don't know about time difference.

Quote from: Misha
And, one of the comments addresses the issue of the time zone difference: "По инфе самого ютуба, это видео зааплоадили в 2014-04-20 в по ГМТ, то бишь в по Маскве. Шустрые, однако." Translation: the time of the video upload was 5:22AM, which would still be hours before the alleged incident even taking into account time zone differences :-X [/size]

Some inconsistency between russian text and translation, there is no mention about exact time in Russian as well as no link to YouTube info about the time.

Offline southernX

« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:21 PM »

Actually, the time issue is just one of the inconsistencies. There was also the magic business card that can survive a fire, yet the phone number printed on the card was wrong... At some point, if you pile it too high, it all comes tumbling down...

according to the right sector , their actual   cards do not even have phone numbers on them ?

sx
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #365 on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »
Yanukovych was dismiss because he couldn't perform his duties, not impeached over crimes.

Certainly you can quote the Ukrainian constitutional law stating that the President can be voted out for not performing his duties. 

I await with much anticipation to reading what law you are talking about.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:25:50 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #366 on: April 21, 2014, 10:27:21 PM »

How so FP?  I always thought it was based on the server time.

Offline Misha

« Reply #367 on: April 21, 2014, 10:34:08 PM »
What does this change? Still manipulation exploiting people don't know about time difference.

Some inconsistency between russian text and translation, there is no mention about exact time in Russian as well as no link to YouTube info about the time.

I will concede the time zone difference that could account for the date of April 19th, but it still somewhat odd seeing the sun so high so early in the morning as they were filming outside all the alleged evidence found at the scene of the massacre  ;)  Again, the business cards in perfect condition, the nice $100 bills that are not even wrinkled, the reference to adult diapers found left behind by snipers.... It is all too neat and tidy and reeks of managed propaganda media overkill  :o

Offline Muzh

« Reply #368 on: April 22, 2014, 06:18:10 AM »

Psst.

Check the social media pages in Eastern Ukraine.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline BillyB

« Reply #369 on: April 22, 2014, 06:21:11 AM »

Certainly you can quote the Ukrainian constitutional law stating that the President can be voted out for not performing his duties. 

I await with much anticipation to reading what law you are talking about.

I think it's best the guys who been spreading misinformation that Yanukovych was impeached do some homework and come back and tell us what you found. I'd be interested in knowing if 3/4 of parliament is needed to replace a president who doesn't show up for work or is dead(remember, Yanukovych was missing for some time and people thought he was killed) and if so and they can't get 3/4 of the vote, does Ukraine remain without a president forever?

May 25 elections was set up by Yanukovych. The new leadership hasn't changed anything of his there. Yanukovych verbally resigned but took back his words when Putin needed him. When will some of you guys let him go?

How about Crimea? The Constitution you and GQ say is important when it comes to presidential matters says that any changes to Ukraine's territory has to be decided by the entire country? Do you think Crimea separating from Ukraine was legal? I know GQ believes that.

doing nothing would have been better imo.

Fathertime, are you by chance a Rand Paul fan? Some people know him as an isolationist and conservative. Some conservatives have criticized Rand for changing his stance on Ukraine. Some of the things Rand Paul have been saying lately shows he's willing to take action on Ukraine and portray himself as a tough, Ronald Reagan, kind of guy. I think Rand Paul is open to changing his views on foreign policy since Putin's action has opened his eyes on what leaders can do and the way they want to shape the world. Below is a quote from Rand Paul:

" I think that sometimes want to stand up and say hey, look at me, I’m the next Ronald Reagan. Well, almost all of us in the party are big fans of Ronald Reagan,” Paul said.

“I’ve always been a big fan of peace through strength. I think America should and has a responsibility around the world and really, virtually all of the opinions that have been coming from Republicans are somewhat the same on this – that Putin should be condemned, he should be isolated. I favor sanctions on Putin. So, for people to characterize that as somehow not being the Reagan position, I think they need to have a re-reading of Reagan, frankly,”
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #370 on: April 22, 2014, 07:08:53 AM »
So much propaganda...

Love song for Putin in Donetsk
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #371 on: April 22, 2014, 07:26:27 AM »

How so FP?  I always thought it was based on the server time.

Perhaps I should have prefaced with "those that know how". Most any video editing software, my folks tell me

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #372 on: April 22, 2014, 07:38:02 AM »

I think it's best the guys who been spreading misinformation that Yanukovych was impeached do some homework and come back and tell us what you found. I'd be interested in knowing if 3/4 of parliament is needed to replace a president who doesn't show up for work or is dead(remember, Yanukovych was missing for some time and people thought he was killed) and if so and they can't get 3/4 of the vote, does Ukraine remain without a president forever?

I ran this through the BillyB translator and this is what I got.

"I don't really know what I'm talking about and I can't back up what I am trying to say as facts with anything substantial. "

May 25 elections was set up by Yanukovych. The new leadership hasn't changed anything of his there. Yanukovych verbally resigned but took back his words when Putin needed him. When will some of you guys let him go?

BillyB Translator...

"Nope, still can't back it up with any law but will continue to talk until everyone forgets what I previously said."

How about Crimea? The Constitution you and GQ say is important when it comes to presidential matters says that any changes to Ukraine's territory has to be decided by the entire country? Do you think Crimea separating from Ukraine was legal? I know GQ believes that.

BillyB Translator...

"It's time to change the subject to something else because there are no laws that say he can be voted out for not doing his duties."

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:43:19 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #373 on: April 22, 2014, 08:08:51 AM »
Blah, blah, blah....

LivefromUkraine's translation: "I search for evidence that  Yanukovych was impeached illegally but BillyB is right, Yanukovych was relieved from office because he failed to perform his duties, not impeached over misconduct. The illegal impeachment of Yanukovych I'm upset about was never an impeachment at all. I don't want to embarrass myself admitting I'm wrong in front of the forum so I'll make fun of BillyB instead.

Offline ML

« Reply #374 on: April 22, 2014, 10:08:56 AM »

Source: [size=78%]http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2014/04/20/putin-propagandists-caught-red-handed-again-pro-russian-self-defense-forces-capture-snipers-diapers/[/size]

As I noted earlier . . . that is a country full of chicken shit people.

And they even know it; and are proud of it.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701