It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My belated trip report from 2011!  (Read 28717 times)

Offline Donna_Pedro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: My belated trip report from 2011!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »
Too funny!  :P

Methinks the reason why women are fat are equal to a) what they eat, and b) amount of sleep they get (based on a study I read before). I still remember the first time my wife told me when she was still in Russia that 11 hours is the perfect amount of sleep for her ( :o ). She isn't alone in that sentiment either. I doubt many of those devushkas ever saw the sunrise until they were in their late 30s / early 40s...

As for the US, fat AWs are 'usually' either Latinas or blacks. Of course middle-America is whole other story, but then again, it's par for the course too as I doubt the middle-America men don six-packers either.

Lectin-rich foods, inactivity and let's face it - lack of social challenge (pressure) to look your best is a primer too.

I used to need a lot of sleep  back then. I could do 12 hours easy. Here I started sleeping much less. I attributed it to being 50+ You are right about lack of social pressure. It  does the trick. When I  go home, my friends there wouldnt shut up till I agree to see a hairdresser and go on a shopping spree. Now that I do not experience social pressure I realized I dont even like shopping, I do most of mine on line.
Kaplah!

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2018, 06:28:29 PM »
Too funny!  :P

Methinks the reason why women are fat are equal to a) what they eat, and b) amount of sleep they get (based on a study I read before). I still remember the first time my wife told me when she was still in Russia that 11 hours is the perfect amount of sleep for her ( :o). She isn't alone in that sentiment either. I doubt many of those devushkas ever saw the sunrise until they were in their late 30s / early 40s...

As for the US, fat AWs are 'usually' either Latinas or blacks. Of course middle-America is whole other story, but then again, it's par for the course too as I doubt the middle-America men don six-packers either.

Lectin-rich foods, inactivity and let's face it - lack of social challenge (pressure) to look your best is a primer too.

When my wife was pregnant with our twin girls she was told by her doctor that gaining about 45-50 lbs was the right amount. She ended up gaining 55 lbs. My wife's 6'2" so it really didn't look like a lot of weight gain.

After giving birth she had about 30 lbs to lose. She was back in the gym 5 days after giving birth. I told her maybe she should wait a week or two before starting to exercise again. Give her body time to recover. She said men are weak, women have been giving birth and going back to work shortly after for millennia. She lost the 30 lbs in 3 months.

Offline msmob

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 07:49:45 PM »
I thought it was a stereotype that Russian women do not age well? I didn't see many Russian women that were age 40+ that were attractive compared to the younger ones.

One problem that exists is American men tend to idealize and put Russian women on a pedestal. Don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of very impressive RW's, but they have their faults, too.

Hi Peter

An interesting thread.

Boy, have you built up some impressions you need to dump ..particularly that FSU don't age well  ;)   

I'd have thought a good R.Catholic chap would know that an Orthodox lass has similar values -  compared to (say)  a  'naughty' Protestant girl ? ...   Yes, I'm being somewhat ironic ;) 

When you went in 2011, you had no job, no prospects and couldn't support yourself - let alone a family ( 'family' in FSU terms - meaning her and you, to start with) 

I'm sorry it didn't work out with the lady who married a Swiss.  Are you still hung up on her, perhaps ?

A tip for you.

Before you pay the slightest attention to 'advice' from any of us - bear in mind some posters have not only never been married to a FSU women (or been in a long-term relationship with one ) and  a 'good' trip for them means they managed to find a date - even if it was a disaster ...

If you are 35, single, with reasonable prospects and not a sociopath - you are the perfect age to search with a view to 'settle down'...   

MY advice is that if you seek a FSU women and you don't speak much Russian / Ukrainian - to seek one who speaks fair/ better than fair English. 

Communication is the key and lack of understanding causes many of the arguments you might otherwise have.

Good luck

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »
That was a nice trip report.  I knew a little about it when it happened but hearing more of the story was very interesting. 

I do agree with you that being married can be tough.   I think fairytale romances that teenaged girls read about in romance novels are something that happens far more often in books and movies than in real life.  Keep this in mind too.  Single life isn't always that great either.  I would think that some people will be happier single and some will be happier married so whatever feels right for you is fine.

There are women who don't want kids and some that can't have them.  In another decade it should be easy to find women who had kids but they are grown and gone so that part might get easier.  I do agree that parenting can be tough.  Perhaps to some extent it is a mater of luck.  I have seen great parents who ended up with kids who were bad and bad parents who ended up with good kids. 

I met a lot of RW and don't recall ever meeting one that wasn't stubborn.  That never bothered me too much but I could see where it could bother someone.  One of the memories of "stubborn" that sticks out in my mind is being in Moscow with my first fiancee and walking to the metro station.  We got to the corner and she turned right.  I knew the station was to the left and said something.  She said I was absolutely wrong so off we went wakling the wrong way.  I didn't say anything else.  I knew it would be a waste and finally in about 8 blocks she realized we had walked the wrong way and we turned around.  It is just something you learn to live with.  I can see where it could bother some. 

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »
I'm 35 now and jaded, I guess :D

Jaded? 35 is a perfect age to be attracting ladies and you should be having fun right now dating tons of women.

I could try Poland for a wife but part of the problem of marrying a faithful Catholic is that she would want to have 8 kids and I don't want any :)

This isn't the 1940s where women are having a dozen kids anymore. My wife is Roman Catholic and she maybe wants 2-3 kids. Western Ukraine used to be part of Poland. Lots of Roman Catholics there if you are insistent on finding one.

I've found that Mamba RU has deteriorated into scammer central.

Scammers are everywhere. They're easy to figure out. Donna's son dated a lot of gold diggers in real life. Whether in real life or on the internet, it's not that difficult to distinguish good wholesome family oriented women from the materialistic girls.  You should be able to get a date everyday you're visiting the FSU when using Mamba.

I see marriage as basically a high risk, coin toss.

If you depend on luck, it's high risk. It's not hard to figure out the women you're dating. Once you know who you're dealing with, you'll rely less on luck.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2018, 12:05:13 AM »

You should be able to get a date everyday you're visiting the FSU when using Mamba.

Or get a great price for paid for sex...  Our BillyB doesn't understand Russian, doesn't go there and insists on 'recommending mamba' to newbies - despite it now sucking as a place for a westerner to seek a wife ... 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2018, 12:57:04 AM »
Well OP isn't really a newbie as such. I think Mamba has its upsides but needs realising that there are women on there looking locally and that gives it a different dynamic to a lot of International Dating sites where pretty much all the women are there to find a WM.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2018, 01:21:24 AM »
I think

No - you don't ..  if you did - you'd have been listening to  the near universal critique of your decisions / 'advice' given to others ... following the success of your trips...

Have you been taking BillyB's advice and still using mamba ?

That might explain a LOT ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2018, 02:15:43 AM »
No - you don't ..  if you did - you'd have been listening to  the near universal critique of your decisions / 'advice' given to others ... following the success of your trips...

Have you been taking BillyB's advice and still using mamba ?

That might explain a LOT ...

I used Mamba once to meet the girl in Nikolaev and possible one of the girls I met in Lviv might have been on there. None of the girls I have met or messaged have been prostitutes, Mamba or not. Sure you can no doubt get the odd ones appearing there as anywhere same as Scammers  but they are easily brushed aside.

What I have found is that reasonably genuine women are not that hard to find but finding one you have chemistry with is.

Some girls also appear on multiple sites sometimes both pay monthly & free sites. Sourcing girls from pay monthly or free sites can be equally effective, it's just a pool to fish from. Difference with Mamba is that if you manage to hook a local girl who wasn't looking for a WM but is prepared to consider a WM and all that goes with it she is likely not to have the same motives as FSW looking for WM. So odds are she won't be carrying on a charade to get what she really wants. Now I'm not saying it can't work with a FSW who is after a WM but I think usually it depends on finding one who is into you whatever her other motives.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2018, 05:53:45 AM »
..and pray tell us as a result of all this 'knowledge ( most of which concerning Manna is tosh ) with which lady have you clicked with ?

Mamba should be great if you are looking for a very short relationship with some sort of gratification and possible a life time of regret..

Trench, as you say...there ARE a lot of genuine lasses and guys on dating sites and often the ladies .can join for free.

In my experience, I have yet to have arranged a date where we didn't click. 

There is something wrong with your approach mate....Still suggesting 'do not Skype ( or video chat software of your choice) before meeting ?)))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:34:16 AM by msmob »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2018, 10:28:51 AM »

In myv experience, I have yet to have arranged a date where we didn!t click. 

There sure must be something wrong with me.  I have had tons of dates where we didn't click.  Some were them not clicking with me and some were me not clicking with them.

One that stands out in my mind was in Kiev where I had a dinner date with a fairly pretty lady whose only drawback was that she needed a pretty wide chair to sit in.  We are there having a nice dinner and I say to her something like "You are very pretty you have beautiful eyes and a great smile"   She responds.  Oh yes, I know everyone tells me that and that I have beautiful hair and they can't get over how pretty I am".  I thought to myself.  I wonder if they also tell you that you have a fat a$$ but of course didn't say that.  As far as I know I clicked with her ok but she came off as far to vain to click with me. 

If we clicked with everyone we dated as you say you did I am not sure if it would make finding the person you want to share your life with easier or harder. 

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »

There sure must be something wrong with me.  I have had tons of dates where we didn't click.  Some were them not clicking with me and some were me not clicking with them.

One that stands out in my mind was in Kiev where I had a dinner date with a fairly pretty lady whose only drawback was that she needed a pretty wide chair to sit in.  We are there having a nice dinner and I say to her something like "You are very pretty you have beautiful eyes and a great smile"   She responds.  Oh yes, I know everyone tells me that and that I have beautiful hair and they can't get over how pretty I am".  I thought to myself.  I wonder if they also tell you that you have a fat a$$ but of course didn't say that.  As far as I know I clicked with her ok but she came off as far to vain to click with me. 

If we clicked with everyone we dated as you say you did I am not sure if it would make finding the person you want to share your life with easier or harder.

LMAO! Funny story about your dinner date...

But methinks the reason your experience differed with Moby is because I think Moby do a 3 1/2 somersault with a 1.5 twist from a standing position, without exhaling or warming up first, every time a FSUW laid eyes on him in front of his boat.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2018, 11:01:20 AM »
Mamba should be great if you are looking for a very short relationship with some sort of gratification and possible a life time of regret..

A lifetime of regret? A dating site that will ruin your life forever! Oh the drama you like to inject into everything. You found your fiancée on Mamba. You recommended your fiancée's friends to go on Mamba. You changed your mind on Mamba only because you wanted to disagree with me one day. You're a strange one Moby.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2018, 11:37:41 AM »

))  Remember you did this a little before me - I was able to use video chat !

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2018, 11:46:51 AM »
))  Remember you did this a little before me - I was able to use video chat !

That is true Moby.  When I started you couldn't even use the internet.  You got a catalog, bought a list of names and sent them snail mail and with luck 6 weeks later would get a response.   The great thing with video chat would be that if an abundant behind was going to bother me you could go on video chat and ask them to turn around and touch their toes.  If the whole room disappears then I could too.   >:D

Offline msmob

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2018, 11:54:28 AM »

But methinks the reason your experience differed with Moby is because I think Moby do a 3 1/2 somersault with a 1.5 twist from a standing position, without exhaling or warming up first, every time a FSUW laid eyes on  him in front of his boat.

:D

Think it helped living in Cyprus sun, sea...AND a few Kgs less

Offline msmob

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
A lifetime of regret? A dating site that will ruin your life forever! Oh the drama you like to inject into everything. You found your fiancée on Mamba. You recommended your fiancée's friends to go on Mamba. You changed your mind on Mamba only because you wanted to disagree with me one day. You're a strange one Moby.

1/ Why do you need to keep proving you are a sandwich short of a picnic ?  A 'life time' of regret refers to having sex with a person you don't really know and the consequences..... possibly for life - hence my constant reminder to REALLY know that the person you're going to have fun with won't leave you with a life of regret

2/ I did not recommend that my fianceé's mates go on Mamba ..  I might have recommended Mamba 10 years or more ago - not now - not even five years ago

3/ I saw SC's profile on Mamba, Fdating and dmnotify - none had been logged into for some time ... more than 6 months in the case of Mamba.  Only Silly BillyB could keep telling someone else how they 'really met' their loved one.... :wallbash:

4/ The 'drama' is you suggesting I simply sought to disagree with you.. 

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
I never understood why WMs are following the on-line approach instead of actually just going there and getting direct knowledge from direct experience!

is it because you are all employees of someone and so are beholding to your job and as a result have limited time and probably money as well?

so you gotta get it done the fastest way with the least amount of time and money?

just curious...
cuz when I did it none of this was difficult!

when I approached random women in Ukraine and struck up a conversation,
I got half to go to lunch with me and from there to dinner and my apartment
and the more experience I had, the better I got at, to the point that I could tell 100% of the time before I asked if she’d say “da” or “nyet” and so I could just pass automatically on the nyets

so it’s not difficult...

Ukraine is on the verge of a financial and political crisis, hasn’t been a better time to go
you could even go for an extended weekend in Odessa with AirBnB and plane fair + all other expenses for $2,000, no excuse not to go, no visa required, just your passport and reservations

best way to learn how to hunt Russian Fox
is to go and hunt Russian Fox!

Offline msmob

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »

In Ukraine ? ;)

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
yes, in Ukraine...
don't be so literal, I thought Irish had poetic souls...???

Offline LAman

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2018, 04:06:44 PM »

If I tell you guys how much I weigh after 17 years here you will run away screaming.  The reasons RW are slim is that they are in a lot of stress and also the weather there. Here I drive everywhere, I do not stress much, I work when I am in a mood, I do not work when I am not in a mood. I love baking cakes! I have shed a lot of eastern europe mentality in regards to appearance.I put on whatever falls off the shelf in my closet in the morning and if I am too fat to fit into any of it, I go buy me a bigger size shorts.  I have a friend who is the same way. At some point she started complaining about her husband not being able to provide for this and that and then she said "Well, but in order to replace him, I would have to go to the gym, keep a diet, put on make up and high heels and go on those boring dates again. I am not up to it.  I would rather curb my wants and stay where I am.

That is called being happily married, no need to impress the spouse anymore...….
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline rwd123

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2018, 06:11:56 PM »
Not to derail the thread any further, but mamba isn't very good (for WM) - but like any site/app you may strike up a relationship with someone there.

Krimster,

To your point I agree, no substitute for real experience. I think there are different reasons why guys choose the online path, in part because of finite resources (money and time) but also because they lack the courage to simply go without having someone "in the bag" - in other words, fear. Those with an abundance of confidence, money and time will have no problem meeting women.

Offline ML

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »
I never understood why WMs are following the on-line approach instead of actually just going there and getting direct knowledge from direct experience!

is it because you are all employees of someone and so are beholding to your job and as a result have limited time and probably money as well?

so you gotta get it done the fastest way with the least amount of time and money?

just curious... cuz when I did it none of this was difficult!

Pretty silly comments.
Of course it wasn't difficult because you weren't constrained in the very manner you spoke of above.

As an analogy . . .

I don't understand why you can't dunk a basketball like those guys who are 7 foot tall.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline PeterWarrick9

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2018, 06:45:14 PM »
That was a nice trip report.  I knew a little about it when it happened but hearing more of the story was very interesting. 

I do agree with you that being married can be tough.   I think fairytale romances that teenaged girls read about in romance novels are something that happens far more often in books and movies than in real life.  Keep this in mind too.  Single life isn't always that great either.  I would think that some people will be happier single and some will be happier married so whatever feels right for you is fine.

There are women who don't want kids and some that can't have them.  In another decade it should be easy to find women who had kids but they are grown and gone so that part might get easier.  I do agree that parenting can be tough.  Perhaps to some extent it is a mater of luck.  I have seen great parents who ended up with kids who were bad and bad parents who ended up with good kids. 

I met a lot of RW and don't recall ever meeting one that wasn't stubborn.  That never bothered me too much but I could see where it could bother someone.  One of the memories of "stubborn" that sticks out in my mind is being in Moscow with my first fiancee and walking to the metro station.  We got to the corner and she turned right.  I knew the station was to the left and said something.  She said I was absolutely wrong so off we went wakling the wrong way.  I didn't say anything else.  I knew it would be a waste and finally in about 8 blocks she realized we had walked the wrong way and we turned around.  It is just something you learn to live with.  I can see where it could bother some.

Did she ever apologize or anything? Walking 8 blocks for no reason is something I wouldn't want to deal with :)

Offline PeterWarrick9

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »

just curious...
cuz when I did it none of this was difficult!

when I approached random women in Ukraine and struck up a conversation,
I got half to go to lunch with me and from there to dinner and my apartment
and the more experience I had, the better I got at, to the point that I could tell 100% of the time before I asked if she’d say “da” or “nyet” and so I could just pass automatically on the nyets

so it’s not difficult...

Ukraine is on the verge of a financial and political crisis, hasn’t been a better time to go
you could even go for an extended weekend in Odessa with AirBnB and plane fair + all other expenses for $2,000, no excuse not to go, no visa required, just your passport and reservations

Were you a sex tourist; going to Ukraine to "use them and lose them?"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:51:55 PM by PeterWarrick9 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats